Another Update since I went to CTCA Atlanta

Options

Comments

• yetti
    yetti Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Hello Miss Taylor, I checked out the CTCA website and looked for your Dr Ruchi, I did find her, I’m wondering why I didn’t get her as my Dr! Would you happen to know how long she has been with CTCA ? I would like to find out how I can switch to her as my Dr! She just seems a little older and someone I can relate to more! I’m sure they won’t be that cooperative with me ! When I first went there April 2019 there was a male Gynoncologist, he was very nice and personable, but I knew when I got there he was leaving CTCA then I got a different Dr Brenda ? I did not care for her at all 2 consecutive appts she was out of town ! And now on #3 Godbee Ok but not the warmest Dr ! So I’m going to find out who I can talk too so I can approach them about switching to Ruchi ! Let me know how you are doing ? When will you be at CTCA next! I fly up on Jan 19 2022 appts on 20 th and 21st ! Take care Yetti

• misstaylor84
    misstaylor84 Member Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Hi yetti! I think she's only been there maybe 6 months but she's amazing! I'm not sure who you would talk to about switching doctors though. She's not very old, I'd say in her 30s but she is much more personable than the GynOncologist I had first here in Arkansas. She's very patient with my questions and explaining things.

• misstaylor84
    Options

Oh and I go back the 29th for another MRI and an appointment with the nutritionist and more bloodwork. If this MRI shows it's invading the uterine wall I'm sure she's going to say it's time for the hysterectomy. But we will know the results of the MRI that same day I'm thinking.

• yetti
    Options

Hi Miss Taylor, Thank you for responding., I like the Gyn onc. I have at CTCA. . Natalie Godbee ! Have you ever met her ? She’s justnot the warmest dr. Kinda very to the point, matter of fact, type I just would like the chance to meet Ruchi and decide ! Is your MRI the 29th of Dec. or Jan. 🙏🙏🙏 for you for favorable results. No hysterectomy! I had a hysterectomy in Jan 2019. I am a survivor of stage 4 B endometerial cancer. Chemo before hysterectomy, ugh. I was 57 at Dx. And already post menopausal! I know that you want to start a family. And your so young , My heart just goes out to you ❤️❤️‍🩹 ! I could not imagine how angry I would have been if cancer would have taken my ability to have children ! We have 1 son he’s 26 now ! When he was 2. We tried to get pregnant again, but not successful! I feel that my cancer was slow growing and may have begun then ! So I’m thankful I was able to have 1 child. I was also older too I was 33 when I had my son Sep 15 1995. And turned 34 in Dec ! Mark J Cassetta II Please let me know how your doing and how mri etc went , Sincerely Yetti Dar

• misstaylor84
    Options

I go back the 29th of this month. I just found out Dr. Garg won't be in the office that day but she is going to call as soon as she reviews the MRI. In a way I'm ready to just get the hysterectomy and be done with it so I can get through one more surgery, go through the long recovery and just get back to my life. I need to get back to work and if I continue this current treatment that's going to be surgery every 3 months and at some point I'm going to have to have the hysterectomy anyway. I would have given anything though to have at least one baby :( I am giving up hope on that dream. I have so many worries about the future, my marriage, our financial strain due to me not working right now because appointments have been about every 2 weeks. No employer is going to hire someone who needs that much time off.

• yetti
    Options

Miss Taylor. Aww. Im so sorry to hear all that your going through! That’s too much for anybody to handle! And to have health issues at the same time. Your a very brave and strong person to go through what your enduring in your life now ! My heart goes out to you! Sincerely, Yetti

• misstaylor84
    Options

Me and my brother got into another heated argument because my dad asked to get help using the bathroom. He uses a urinal and my brother got very hateful and disrespectful towards him and was getting rough with dad. My mom can barely even walk due to her herniated disc and dad doesn't want me to help with certain things, which is understandable. But I could not hold my tongue tonight and told my brother he needed to watch how he treated dad and he needed to drop the attitude. My brother ended up cussing me out, threatened to put all my stuff outside and set it on fire. He's made it clear he doesn't want me here and says my parent's house is his and he told me to go back to my house the last time we fought.

Tonight he told me I wasn't doing enough to help. Mind you I'm the ONLY one who goes and gets their prescriptions, goes to the store nearly every day. The same store that's 2 miles down the road that he can't be bothered to drive to when they need something. I also do their laundry, sweep, mop, do the dishes, etc. Feed their cats, their chickens. Every. Day. Even after I had my last D&C and I was still in pain and hurt to bend over,etc. But I'm the one not doing enough. The only thing my brother does is feed their dogs and he helps dad use the urinal and he helps get him from his recliner to the wheelchair a few times a day. Other than that he's playing video games.

All my life he has been disrespectful and hateful towards them and they've let him get away with it. If I say anything I'm the one who gets told to shut up so I'm done. I don't care if my house has no heat whatsoever, mold in the kitchen, and holes in the floors and walls. I'd be happier away from all this.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't think I can take much more.

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

You may be able to get some Elder Abuse agency to help with this. Sometimes having someone come in is helpful, even if they are there to talk with you and brother and parents as an outsider. Your dad may be approved for palliative care, and also your mom, depending on their disabilities and needs. Some phone work may yield some help. The LDS Church (Mormons) were very helpful with my dad, and they always want to help people. You need to use that smart mind of yours and reach out to someone nearby. The State of Texas has some resources somewhere for you, I think. Sorry your brother is so horrible. Getting rough with an elderly person is elder abuse, and it's not okay.

• misstaylor84
    Options

Second MRI results from December 29 showed some more worrisome things. I have not heard from my doctor yet, just read my chart. It did say my tumor has doubled in size so I know what that means....hysterectomy. It still says less than 50% involvement with myometrium but I also had an abdominal scan done and it said my left adrenal gland had nodular thickening, I have several cysts on my liver and small cysts in my right kidney, and diverticulosis. It also found several scattered hemangiomas in sacrum and within the lumbar spine. Both ovaries have small follicular cysts.

So I read my chart Saturday so I've had all this time to research and worry. I did find that the enlarged adrenal gland is responsible for excreting excess cortisol, and those symptoms are very much what I've experienced since being diagnosed with PCOS. So I'm wondering if the adrenal gland was the issue all along and now I wonder if I'm going to need a biopsy on that to see if that's cancerous too.

To say I am a depressed mess would be the understatement. I am so sick of doctor appointments and still absolutely resent having to lose my uterus and every single hope of having a baby. My husband is fantastic and says he would love to have a baby but would rather have me for the rest of our lives and he will be with me every step of this awful journey. I have good days then days like when I get test results and it's more bad news sets me back.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited January 2022 #31
    Options

misstaylor84, it does seem the ability to read our charts in advance can be either a blessing or a curse. I am so sorry to read your latest post and my heart hurts for you dear. Hugs this late winter night.

• Harmanygroves
    Options

Oh, Miss Taylor! you're almost too smart for your own good. As NoTime said above, reading your results early is indeed a blessing and a curse. I'm glad that your myometrial invasion is not more than fifty percent, but that your tumor is growing can't be good news. I agree with you, and I agree with your husband: sounds like sooner rather than later, you need that hysterectomy. I'm no doctor, but I think you've figured things out. I'm so glad that your husband loves you and is encouraging you by telling you he'd rather have you around. Good. I also wonder if your adrenal issues are in part related to the tremendous stress you are under? In any case, I think you know that I'm here for you, and worried about you, and always want to know how you are doing and what's next. Take care, and please keep us in the loop. Sending love,

Deb 2

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

You amaze me that you can still put one foot in front of the other considering all the obstructions in your way. I wish you the strength to make the decisions you must make. Right now you need to put yourself first.

• misstaylor84
    Options

Yesterday was a very bad day. I had my Telehealth appointment and she did say she recommends a hysterectomy at this point. She said if the cancer hasn't gone into the wall of the uterus I get to keep my ovaries, but I also know from researching that it's a matter of time before they die since they get blood supply from the uterus. So what's the point? Freezing eggs and doing the surrogate route is far more expensive than we can ever afford.

The center isn't allowing anyone in with patients, and my husband won't even be allowed to see me in my room afterwards. I hate that. The doctor said a lot of young patients are usually released after about 6 hours and if there are no problems I won't have to stay overnight.

I have to go back in a week or two to meet with the urologist there because my left adrenal gland has some nodular thickening and if it needs anything done surgically they can do that at the same time I'm in for my hysterectomy so I'm worried about that coming back as cancer. I am just so absolutely beaten down, angry, hating this pandemic and hating losing my uterus and grieving the loss of a baby I'll never have. Tentative surgery date is Feb 8 and I told her I was not wanting to do it if my husband couldn't come in, so I might have a few weeks of waiting time but she doesn't want to wait much longer.

My tumor doubled in size since August 19 when I had my first MRI.

I'm tired of going to doctor appointments every 2 or 3 weeks, getting blood drawn, needles, IVs, MRIs. I'm still experiencing soreness when I do certain things from my last D&C 5 weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to recover and still take care of my dogs and my parents. Not driving is not an option. My husband is already planning on talking to his boss to see if there's local driving jobs he can do so he's going to try to be home daily. I would go see a therapist if we could afford the payment. When we have doctor appointments he doesn't usually get a chance to haul a load so we don't get a check and we are so far behind we can't save anything. It feels like I'm trying to walk uphill and everything just slides downhill and I don't go anywhere.

• Harmanygroves
    Options

I'm so sorry about all of it. My husband could not go in with me for my surgery either, but I was out within about six hours.

Note: you need more information about the ovaries, which you claim die without the uterus. Not sure that's right. I'd be interested in knowing more about that.

• misstaylor84
    Options
  • MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Hi Miss Taylor. I'm sorry that the news was not better at your recent Telehealth appointment. I know you are extremely disappointed with the fact that your current gynecologic oncologist is recommending a hysterectomy at this point. However, I also know you want to be around for many years to come, so you can enjoy those years with your husband. I see that it has been five months since your first MRI after your cancer diagnosis. So at the time of the tentative February 8 surgery date, you will be at least six months post-diagnosis. The longer you postpone surgery, the more likely it will be that you may also require adjuvant treatment such as chemotherapy and/or radiation. That situation will only put you out of commission for even longer.

I would have done almost anything to have gotten my diagnosis and hysterectomy sooner, so that I did not require internal and external radiation. If I had to miss six hours with my husband because he couldn't be there during surgery, I would not delay the operation on that basis. I was in the hospital for five days when I had my surgery, and I only saw him for a fraction of the time I was hospitalized.

As far as your concerns about taking care of your parents, the dogs, cats and chickens while you are recovering from surgery, I would suggest reaching out to the hospital social worker to find out about available community resources to assist with all of your concerns. Right now, I think it's crucial that you make your health your top priority.

Best wishes to you for good health, happiness and peace in the New Year!

• Harmanygroves
    edited January 2022 #38
    Options

Oh, MoeKay--you are so right. I hadn't even really considered the jeopardy she is putting herself in waiting---initially, I took note that she was waiting to check on fertility sparing options, but sounds like now is the time to move forward. If you know you have to, just do it. Get it done.

If only I had caught my cancer sooner and didn't have to have radiation internally (ugh, no one, NO ONE wants radiation or chemo). You're right. There is no good that can come of waiting.

I'm so sorry, Miss T.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options

Missy Taylor, I would agree with MoeKay. Sadly it is time for you to make a decision - and not doing anything is an option, but it does sound like you have such a wonderful husband who loves you very much as you do him, and he wants to have his beloved. That type of love is rare and precious.

I hope you can hear that our hearts ache for you, but we also have come to love you and want to you to continue to be with us. Hugs dear child. I think all of us are reaching out to give you a big hug.

• misstaylor84
    Options

It doesn't really feel like I have any options so I'm going forward with the stupid surgery. I'm just hoping this omicron surge is over by then and they let people in because I do not want to stay overnight. I still haven't gotten my appointment with the urologist but I hope that my adrenal gland isn't cancerous too. I'm beyond sick of doctors and appointments and at the end of February I have to see my regular doctor to get my A1C checked, which I could not care less about now. I'm just ready for it to be done so maybe I can relax a little. This stress, worry, and anxiety is really affecting me. My hair is falling out, I can't sleep through the night, and if I do sleep halfway decent I have horrible dreams. Nights are better when he's home.

I'm going to see if they can set up the urologist appointment either Monday or Friday so he doesn't miss an entire week's worth of work because we are so far in the hole I don't know how we are going to pay our bills. I'm trying to find work as a freelance writer because I can type as I heal so I will contribute something.

• Harmanygroves
    Options

Yes, it's time to move forward.

Keep us posted. Let us know the surgery date.