Another Update since I went to CTCA Atlanta

Options
124»

Comments

• misstaylor84
    misstaylor84 Member Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Lyn, it actually feels like it's rushing by and I'm not ready lol. The only plans I have for the 8 hour drive home is to take the painkiller prescribed and hold the softest, fluffiest pillow against me and try to stay comfy and stop every so often so I can stretch my legs. When I get home hubby will be home every day because he told his boss to find him local work for a while so I will have a lot of help there. I want to get a grabber deal so I can pick things up without having to bend at the waist. I have no idea what to take to the hospital with me because I might get released after 6 hours. There are still a lot of unknowns.

I still haven't bought easy, slip on shoes or stool softeners and I don't know if I have any pants that will be tolerable and can't find any high, wide-banded underwear that isn't lacy. Money is extremely tight so I will make what I have work. I did get two pairs of leggings with a somewhat wide waist band but it still sits right around my belly button.

I'm just ready to get it done and over with and I'm hoping this is all I have to do because I need to get a job as soon as I'm recovered enough.

• Lyn70
    Lyn70 Member Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Ms.T,

Good, I think you have yourself prepared like a Girl Scout. I had an overnight stay after my hysterectomy with very little sleep. Pain was not the problem, just anxious to go home. Pain meds were given to me in recovery and I was fine with the Tylenol 3. That contains codeine so not for you. The nurse said I was doing good because of the way I was moving my legs around in the bed. I went home before noon the next day. I took 1 pain pill and slept. My recovery was very easy. I followed my lift instructions and walked daily as usual.

I am so glad your husband will be there to help you.

((Hugs))

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Deb1 -

I join a multitude of women when I say I want it all - the good, the bad, and the ugly! (cue that whistling music). I am always glad to read your news, even when it's not necessarily good. You don't have to "spin" it for me. It is NOT a downer to read bad news in here. I am glad to know about the time you fasted, and your doctor made you gain weight back. I try to read between the lines and see what's really going on, but my knowledge base is not great --- yet. I've learned so much. I learn from you.

We know your optimism, your precious family, details. We are here, all the time. Whenever you post, I hear your voice in your words. You are by nature a strong, strong woman and incredibly giving to other people. We in here have developed very big shoulders. We are here for you, as you are here for us. I think I'll do 100 in Feb along with you. I will check and see what I've got so far. Today I walked about 5.

Since my "big bad back blowout" of nine miles of beach walking last week (or should I say "weak"), I haven't clocked as many meals, in an effort to heal my bad back. It's much better since last Friday.

Deb2 [the other Deb!]

• Harmanygroves
    Harmanygroves Member Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Miss T -

I'm sure thinking about you. Sending love, and I think all of us are going to be right here waiting for your return to us.

Deb2

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

misstaylor, I’m hoping the surgery went well. I’ve been thinking about you.