Ladies going through chemo - how are you doing? Or those just starting or curious

Options

Comments

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

This cancer experience plays havoc with our emotions

Anne and cuculigata, it's almost impossible not to have moments of fear, anxiety or depression. Although my coping skills have improved over time with this diagnosis, it is the unknown that still sometimes scares me the most. After all, we are talking about cancer and not the common cold. It's normal to have our ups and downs. I try not to focus on my fears of what the future will bring so I just try to live in the moment. I seem happier when I stay in the here and now. The worse time for me is when I awaken in the middle of the night (like Debrajo, perhaps) and remember that I was diagnosed with Ca of the uterus. My ultimate goal is to try to live fully and to "forget" about this disease. I am making progress! 

Warm Wishes,

Cathy

Yes

Yes, Cathy Dear, it is me with the night Terrors.  Sneaky little beggers!  I avoid them mostly by not going to bed til nearly dawn.  Mother sleeps late, so I do also.  It seems to help and I am a creature of the night anyway.  My husband calls me the vampire, sleep late and avoid the sun at all cost!  Hard to do in Southeast Texas!  I am medicated for the anxiety and the depression.  My dad and two brothers are manic depressives/bi-polor.  I'm just clinicaly depressed, helped along with the cancer, three open heart surgerys, cronic headaches, osteoprosis, high blood pressure, and the newest wrinkle, I am a full blown diabetic.  But I still breath and live and fight the ups and downs.  I cry at times, but not like I use to. My goal is to feel...nothing.  I'll post tomorrow, there is a topic I would like to discuss with you all.  Til then, keep breathing and praying.  I find my rocker and my Bible , just rocking in the dark helps more than anything.  You girls going through chemo and radiation, keep talking, ask questions, stay on top of everything...it gives you control and control gives you strenght and Peace. love to all Debrajo

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Editgrl said:

#5 Another link in your chain gone!

A friend of mine who is going through chemo for breast cancer has a paper link chain, one link for each of her treatments.  After each treatment, she removes a link and loves to see the chain get shorter and shorter.  That's what we all do in some way, shape or form.

Link #2 is on the agenda for tomorrow.  Blood counts were in the low normal range.  I was concerned about the white blood count, but my doctor expected to see what she did.  And my friend, the MD, also reassured me when I showed her the results.  So, away we go. 

More good news...  I am holding on to my small weight gain.  Hoping I can gain another pound or two in the next few weeks. 

On Monday, I had my boyfriend clip my remaining hair down to about 1/4".  I was tired of shedding more than the cat and feeling hair falling on my shoulders.  My scalp doesn't seem to hurt as much with it short.  I look like a cancer patient or a member of a garage band. If I had to pick...  it wouldn't be door #1.

I got a cotton skull cap to put on under my wig and that makes it more comfortable when I am putting it on and removing it.  Cindi, when you shaved your head, did you go all the way down to the scalp?  I can see where clippers might be irritating to that sensitive skin.  But then again, who knows?

I know what you mean about washing your hands a lot.  I've got bottles of Purell scattered around the house and in the car as well. Not to mention, out at the barn.

Cuculigata, been thinking about you a lot.  Hope things have improved. And Anne, I still have a big smile on my face from your good news last week.   Hoping to hear even more of that!  That's got to make the chemo a lot more tolerable.

To all my chemosabes, hang tough!

Chris

So much, Debrajo

In my mind's eye, I can see you rocking in your chair in the middle of the night. I would value sitting in a rocking chair next to you while you and I just talk about life. As we all know, life is simply not easy, but it is made less so by chronic illness and multiple surgeries. YET- Debrajo, you have remained strong, strong enough in fact to be a continual source of support to all of us ladies who are blessed to know you here. Thank you for your kindness, knowledge and love, my friend.

Cathy

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am enjoying this thread so much

I love the sharing here.  And Debrajo, Abbycat - You girls amaze me.  I just finished the last part of my cycle number three and am feeling it as Cindi thought.  So I will take it easy today.  My labs this week show continued issues with low hemoglobin and my platelets are dropping again.  They officially added Anemia to my diagnosis and said most likely I am looking at transfusions next week.  I cancelled my ride but am going to groom Cisco today.  In the scheme of things it is all manageable.  I also met another trial participant this week in the infusion lounge randomly.  Nice guy, early 60s advanced prostate cancer with solid tumors - he is also doing well, has been in the trial since spring.  

I had an interesting conversation with the medical team this week.  My doctor told me we are going to manage this in two month increments - meaning two cycles at a time.  Each cycle has two infusions and then a Neulasta shot, plus an infusion for my calcium levels  and the various transfusions.  For me this was kind of freeing in that I was feeling like I am dealing with everything in the 21 day cycle but no finite amount  treatments or set numbers.  It helped so much mentally.  One of the things for me with this trial is that assuming it is successful I still have to continue in some form of treatment to address my genomic issues which they assume will continue to allow cancer to progress. The  team is already looking for ways to change one or two of my genome mutations on a permanent basis through other trials and has identified two trials for that which they are tracking.  This is way down the road but is certainly bringing out my inner science geek!  And I realized I am becoming my forward thinking about things again about long term goals etc.  

My hair is again starting to go, I had it cut into a pixie.  I already warned people I may show up bald and they can rub my head for luck!  Hugs to all!  Anne

• AWK
    Options
    Editgrl said:

A friend of mine who is going through chemo for breast cancer has a paper link chain, one link for each of her treatments.  After each treatment, she removes a link and loves to see the chain get shorter and shorter.  That's what we all do in some way, shape or form.

Link #2 is on the agenda for tomorrow.  Blood counts were in the low normal range.  I was concerned about the white blood count, but my doctor expected to see what she did.  And my friend, the MD, also reassured me when I showed her the results.  So, away we go. 

More good news...  I am holding on to my small weight gain.  Hoping I can gain another pound or two in the next few weeks. 

On Monday, I had my boyfriend clip my remaining hair down to about 1/4".  I was tired of shedding more than the cat and feeling hair falling on my shoulders.  My scalp doesn't seem to hurt as much with it short.  I look like a cancer patient or a member of a garage band. If I had to pick...  it wouldn't be door #1.

I got a cotton skull cap to put on under my wig and that makes it more comfortable when I am putting it on and removing it.  Cindi, when you shaved your head, did you go all the way down to the scalp?  I can see where clippers might be irritating to that sensitive skin.  But then again, who knows?

I know what you mean about washing your hands a lot.  I've got bottles of Purell scattered around the house and in the car as well. Not to mention, out at the barn.

Cuculigata, been thinking about you a lot.  Hope things have improved. And Anne, I still have a big smile on my face from your good news last week.   Hoping to hear even more of that!  That's got to make the chemo a lot more tolerable.

Chris

Weight gain here too!

I have gained about five pounds since my surgery in early July and am holding on to it.  My weight cycles up and down a few pounds during the treatment cycle but overall the doctors are happy.  And my husband is gaining too - although that wasn't the plan!  LOL.  

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    AWK said:

Good morning! I am enjoying this thread so much

I love the sharing here.  And Debrajo, Abbycat - You girls amaze me.  I just finished the last part of my cycle number three and am feeling it as Cindi thought.  So I will take it easy today.  My labs this week show continued issues with low hemoglobin and my platelets are dropping again.  They officially added Anemia to my diagnosis and said most likely I am looking at transfusions next week.  I cancelled my ride but am going to groom Cisco today.  In the scheme of things it is all manageable.  I also met another trial participant this week in the infusion lounge randomly.  Nice guy, early 60s advanced prostate cancer with solid tumors - he is also doing well, has been in the trial since spring.  

I had an interesting conversation with the medical team this week.  My doctor told me we are going to manage this in two month increments - meaning two cycles at a time.  Each cycle has two infusions and then a Neulasta shot, plus an infusion for my calcium levels  and the various transfusions.  For me this was kind of freeing in that I was feeling like I am dealing with everything in the 21 day cycle but no finite amount  treatments or set numbers.  It helped so much mentally.  One of the things for me with this trial is that assuming it is successful I still have to continue in some form of treatment to address my genomic issues which they assume will continue to allow cancer to progress. The  team is already looking for ways to change one or two of my genome mutations on a permanent basis through other trials and has identified two trials for that which they are tracking.  This is way down the road but is certainly bringing out my inner science geek!  And I realized I am becoming my forward thinking about things again about long term goals etc.  

My hair is again starting to go, I had it cut into a pixie.  I already warned people I may show up bald and they can rub my head for luck!  Hugs to all!  Anne

Anne

Your post is WONDERFUL!!!!!  What great news you continue to receive. I'm so excited for you and for us!

You have become to me what Ro was for so many others. I love you to pieces my friend.

As you tell us, be gentle with yourself. Rest when you need to.

And a chubby husband just gives you more to hold on to!  hee hee

Love,

Cindi

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Chris

Chris

You got to where I was when I had my husband cut my hair. Just couldn't take the shedding. So, a garage band huh? lol  I see myself as an alien. I have finally gotten used to seeing myself this way. Not so shocking to look in the mirror.

Yep, my hair was cut with the shortest clipper setting.  But, I still think it is chemo related. I put the topical antibiotic on today and it did help with the itching.

So glad to hear that your blood was good.  Now you are a week ahead of me. I catch up to you next week.  If we are both lucky enough to stay on schedule, we will both be done before Christmas! Best present ever.

By the way, I kept some of my hair when we cut it. I spent today adding it to the bangs that I had purchased. It makes them look better. Not so fake and shiny.

I also made a little fringe area for my sides. So, even though I can't wear a wig, I have been able to put some hair around my face under the scarves.

Take care,

Cindi

• debrajo
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

So much, Debrajo

In my mind's eye, I can see you rocking in your chair in the middle of the night. I would value sitting in a rocking chair next to you while you and I just talk about life. As we all know, life is simply not easy, but it is made less so by chronic illness and multiple surgeries. YET- Debrajo, you have remained strong, strong enough in fact to be a continual source of support to all of us ladies who are blessed to know you here. Thank you for your kindness, knowledge and love, my friend.

Cathy

Thank you!

I would love a rocking buddy!  I have had some of my best life lessons and inparted wisdon while sitting on the front porch rocking.  Thank you so much for the kind words and thoughts...I needed a boost to know I'm not wasting the extra time God has given me.  I'm only strong because someone always needs me.  Right now it's my mother.  She told me just today that she thought she was really dying.  Not in a panic, just terribly sad and missing some of the ladies here.  I was one hot mess when I found Linda P. message, thank you Jesus!  Everyone here is so wonderful, no one critizes ,everyone has gone through a lot of the things, everyone NEEDS everyone!  I love it!  Anytime you get the night terrors, I'm up for you and all the ladies here, just call me!  409-786-2819  Yes, I know, public forum, not a good idea to put the phone number, but I don't care...that's how much you all mean to me!  Love, Debra

• Cucu me
    Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

So much, Debrajo

Cathy

Agree with you Abbycat2,

Debrajo is hero!!!

Keep going girl!!!

You are great example to all of us! And we the newer need that, honest to God.

Debrajo, I told you that the carrot juice helped me with the headache after the 3rd chemo . Did not after the 4th though.

I had blood transfusion instead the 5th chemo last week, due to very low blood counts and after that the whole week I was

Headache FREE. Can you believe that. This kind of headache I have for 20-30 years.I've been taking pain pills with tons.

And I know I'm anemic prone, but never cross my mind this connection Anemia-Headache. Hah!

About the insomnia, some nights I stay awake for hours and hours, but this is from years.

So we are in the club, aren't we?

• debrajo
    Options
    Cucu me said:

Agree with you Abbycat2,

Debrajo is hero!!!

Keep going girl!!!

You are great example to all of us! And we the newer need that, honest to God.

Debrajo, I told you that the carrot juice helped me with the headache after the 3rd chemo . Did not after the 4th though.

I had blood transfusion instead the 5th chemo last week, due to very low blood counts and after that the whole week I was

Headache FREE. Can you believe that. This kind of headache I have for 20-30 years.I've been taking pain pills with tons.

And I know I'm anemic prone, but never cross my mind this connection Anemia-Headache. Hah!

About the insomnia, some nights I stay awake for hours and hours, but this is from years.

So we are in the club, aren't we?

Up

I'm up for you too, Cucu and everyone here!  I'm no hero, just like everyone here, wanting to help if I can.  Linda P. was the voice of calm in a hugh storm along with Daisey,Jan, Ro, California Artist, Kate, so many!  It was like a cloud of love surrounding me when I first posted, the voice of reason and INFORMATION!  I'd like to return the favor if I can.  I don't post a lot, but I am on sometime EVERYDAY.  If I don't answer right away, I will.  Leave me a message on here or on the phone.  I am the HERMIT!  LOL!  Best, Debra

• AWK
    Options

Anne

Your post is WONDERFUL!!!!!  What great news you continue to receive. I'm so excited for you and for us!

You have become to me what Ro was for so many others. I love you to pieces my friend.

As you tell us, be gentle with yourself. Rest when you need to.

And a chubby husband just gives you more to hold on to!  hee hee

Love,

Cindi

Back at you!

What a huge compliment.  I miss Ro and her guidance.  So calming.  We have a great group here and you ladies definitely push and pull me through this journey.  I am blessed.  Anne

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Chemo #2 DONE!

And it didn't take quite as long this time.  Because I had no reaction to the taxol last time, they slightly increased the rate of infusion.  No problems.  It's still a long process...  got there at 10:30, left just after 4.  Side effects so far are comparable to last time.  Stomach pains but no nausea.  Constipation again, too.  I thought I had gotten ahead of it this time, but apparently not.  I swear, it's like that part of my body just shuts down the moment I walk into the infusion room!  In the grand scheme of things, while uncomfortable, it's relatively minor when I see what others are dealing with.  

Today I'm feeling just kind of blah and won't do much.  Just as well since it's supposed to be close to 100 here.  I'll hang inside with the cat.

Hugs to all,

Chris

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Chemo #2 DONE!

And it didn't take quite as long this time.  Because I had no reaction to the taxol last time, they slightly increased the rate of infusion.  No problems.  It's still a long process...  got there at 10:30, left just after 4.  Side effects so far are comparable to last time.  Stomach pains but no nausea.  Constipation again, too.  I thought I had gotten ahead of it this time, but apparently not.  I swear, it's like that part of my body just shuts down the moment I walk into the infusion room!  In the grand scheme of things, while uncomfortable, it's relatively minor when I see what others are dealing with.  

Today I'm feeling just kind of blah and won't do much.  Just as well since it's supposed to be close to 100 here.  I'll hang inside with the cat.

Hugs to all,

Chris

Chris

Yeah! Another one down. Four to go.

You may already know this... GasX has been the best thing to help with my stomach cramps.  I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it.

Also, Miralax on chemo day plus the day after may help you avoid the constipation. So far, I only need to take it the day after chemo day and it is the only day I skip going to the bathroom.  But, I am only getting 1/3 of the chemo dose each week, so that may be why.

I had a lot more stomach issues this time. Lots of stomach burning and nausea.  Might have been my fault though. My neighbor brought over short ribs and au gratin potatoes. Way too much richness and fat. And, I sure got sick after eating it.  And, that sick lasted through today. I won't guilt myself into eating stuff like that again! Going to stick to what I know works best for me. ugh!!!!

I sure hope you continue to tolerate the chemo as well as you have been. That is really great!  Yep, give into the fatigue and rest.

Take Care,

Cindi

• Editgrl
    Options

Chris

Yeah! Another one down. Four to go.

You may already know this... GasX has been the best thing to help with my stomach cramps.  I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it.

Also, Miralax on chemo day plus the day after may help you avoid the constipation. So far, I only need to take it the day after chemo day and it is the only day I skip going to the bathroom.  But, I am only getting 1/3 of the chemo dose each week, so that may be why.

I had a lot more stomach issues this time. Lots of stomach burning and nausea.  Might have been my fault though. My neighbor brought over short ribs and au gratin potatoes. Way too much richness and fat. And, I sure got sick after eating it.  And, that sick lasted through today. I won't guilt myself into eating stuff like that again! Going to stick to what I know works best for me. ugh!!!!

I sure hope you continue to tolerate the chemo as well as you have been. That is really great!  Yep, give into the fatigue and rest.

Take Care,

Cindi

Thanks for the Gas-X tip

Hmmm...  I've used that for bloating but not for the cramps.  I'll give it a try.  Having something in my stomach seems to help, too, as does stretching.

I did Miralax the day after chemo and the day after that.  Tried MOM last night with some success. Adding stool softeners twice a day.  This afternoon more prune juice followed by hot tea.  Lots of rumbling going on. 

I do think because I'm getting the full dose every 3 weeks it's more of an issue for me.  I pulled something off the internet from MD Anderson where they suggest cleansing your colon before chemo.  I am going to ask my doctor about that before the next round.  It does make sense to have nothing in the pipeline when everything shuts down.

Short ribs and au gratin sounds yummy.  I can see where you got sucked into indulging yourself.  So far, the third day (today) is the day that I really don't have much of an appetite.  Popsicles, toast, melon, fruit has been my diet today.  And I was a slug today...

BTW my doctor friend suggested Pepcid for the stomach burning.  I wouldn't think it would do much for the nausea.  I have had a bit of heartburn at night, at times, again, something I've never dealt with before.  It doesn't interfere with chemo as I do get IV Pepcid before the chemo drugs.

At least we are moving forward.  Yeah!

Chris

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Thanks for the Gas-X tip

Hmmm...  I've used that for bloating but not for the cramps.  I'll give it a try.  Having something in my stomach seems to help, too, as does stretching.

I did Miralax the day after chemo and the day after that.  Tried MOM last night with some success. Adding stool softeners twice a day.  This afternoon more prune juice followed by hot tea.  Lots of rumbling going on. 

I do think because I'm getting the full dose every 3 weeks it's more of an issue for me.  I pulled something off the internet from MD Anderson where they suggest cleansing your colon before chemo.  I am going to ask my doctor about that before the next round.  It does make sense to have nothing in the pipeline when everything shuts down.

Short ribs and au gratin sounds yummy.  I can see where you got sucked into indulging yourself.  So far, the third day (today) is the day that I really don't have much of an appetite.  Popsicles, toast, melon, fruit has been my diet today.  And I was a slug today...

BTW my doctor friend suggested Pepcid for the stomach burning.  I wouldn't think it would do much for the nausea.  I have had a bit of heartburn at night, at times, again, something I've never dealt with before.  It doesn't interfere with chemo as I do get IV Pepcid before the chemo drugs.

At least we are moving forward.  Yeah!

Chris

Pepcid

Thanks. I used it last night and it did help.

Another thing that helps me with the heartburn is Tums. I suck on one when I go to bed and it really helps calm that chest burn down.  I also use them after I eat if I have any burning issues.

Hmmm, not sure I'll ever be able to eat short ribs or au gratin again! lol

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options

Pepcid

Thanks. I used it last night and it did help.

Another thing that helps me with the heartburn is Tums. I suck on one when I go to bed and it really helps calm that chest burn down.  I also use them after I eat if I have any burning issues.

Hmmm, not sure I'll ever be able to eat short ribs or au gratin again! lol

Chemo #6 Completed - 12 to Go!

Last treatment to complete round 2.  4 rounds to go!

Of course I said that I wouldn't document unless things changed. Jinxed myself!

Chemo #5 was a pain. It didn't follow the nice pattern that I had been experiencing. I originally thought I caused this by something I ate. But, it lasted way too long to be from that.

I had less of the very heavy fatigue (only 1 day), but I had LOW energy the entire time. So disappointing. Also, I had a lot of stomach burning and acid reflux and nausea. I took all of the normal meds to counter it but it persisted all the way to my next chemo day. I discussed this with my doctor today. He has reduced one of the anti-nausea IV meds that increases acid and he prescribed Prilosec for additional acid issues. Sure hoping for a better week coming up!

Anne - I got my two scarves in with the padded front from TLC. LOVE THEM! They are so comfortable and look really cute. Thanks so much for that tip!

Love to ALL,

Cindi

• Editgrl
    Options

Chemo #6 Completed - 12 to Go!

Last treatment to complete round 2.  4 rounds to go!

Of course I said that I wouldn't document unless things changed. Jinxed myself!

Chemo #5 was a pain. It didn't follow the nice pattern that I had been experiencing. I originally thought I caused this by something I ate. But, it lasted way too long to be from that.

I had less of the very heavy fatigue (only 1 day), but I had LOW energy the entire time. So disappointing. Also, I had a lot of stomach burning and acid reflux and nausea. I took all of the normal meds to counter it but it persisted all the way to my next chemo day. I discussed this with my doctor today. He has reduced one of the anti-nausea IV meds that increases acid and he prescribed Prilosec for additional acid issues. Sure hoping for a better week coming up!

Anne - I got my two scarves in with the padded front from TLC. LOVE THEM! They are so comfortable and look really cute. Thanks so much for that tip!

Love to ALL,

Cindi

I got my scarves, too!

Yep, right now, I'm only wearing the smaller kerchief because it has been very warm here, but both are very cute and comfy.  That was a great tip.

Cindi, do you know which of the anti-nausea drugs increases the acid?  I know that I get IV Pepcid before.  I'm also on Decadron pills before and two days afterwards.  

Stomach pain has remained about the same, but I did get a bit queasy on Monday night/Tuesday which has not happened before.  It wasn't bad, and I just popped a couple of Compazine and it took care of that.  I guess I just have to get used to the idea that my iron stomach is that no longer and act accordingly.

I'm sorry that your energy was so low this time around.  Hoping that it gets better with this next round.

Hugs,

Chris

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Editgrl said:

I got my scarves, too!

Yep, right now, I'm only wearing the smaller kerchief because it has been very warm here, but both are very cute and comfy.  That was a great tip.

Cindi, do you know which of the anti-nausea drugs increases the acid?  I know that I get IV Pepcid before.  I'm also on Decadron pills before and two days afterwards.  

Stomach pain has remained about the same, but I did get a bit queasy on Monday night/Tuesday which has not happened before.  It wasn't bad, and I just popped a couple of Compazine and it took care of that.  I guess I just have to get used to the idea that my iron stomach is that no longer and act accordingly.

I'm sorry that your energy was so low this time around.  Hoping that it gets better with this next round.

Hugs,

Chris

Chris

Hey, I get Decadron in my IV. And that is the one he reduced from 10mg down to 5mg.

So far so good today. I haven't been nauseas yet. So, the IV anti stuff is still working. 

And, I haven't had any burning either. I did take the Prilosec when I got up this morning. It is time released and is supposed to last all day.

I'm with you on getting used to the stomach issues. I never had anything before. So, I suppose post chemo and radiation, I'll have a much better appreciation for how good I used to feel! Laughing

It sounds like your tiny body is tolerating chemo fairly well. I'm so glad that is the case. While this is not an experience I would like to repeat, I think we are in the lucky group on impacts. Fingers and toes crossed that we continue that way all the way through round 6.

Take care my chemosabe,

Cindi

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Chris

Hey, I get Decadron in my IV. And that is the one he reduced from 10mg down to 5mg.

So far so good today. I haven't been nauseas yet. So, the IV anti stuff is still working. 

And, I haven't had any burning either. I did take the Prilosec when I got up this morning. It is time released and is supposed to last all day.

I'm with you on getting used to the stomach issues. I never had anything before. So, I suppose post chemo and radiation, I'll have a much better appreciation for how good I used to feel! Laughing

It sounds like your tiny body is tolerating chemo fairly well. I'm so glad that is the case. While this is not an experience I would like to repeat, I think we are in the lucky group on impacts. Fingers and toes crossed that we continue that way all the way through round 6.

Take care my chemosabe,

Cindi

Here today?

Hi Cindi, are you getting chemo now? I'm here waiting to see Dr Wenham.  Sandy

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Sandy3185 said:

Here today?

Hi Cindi, are you getting chemo now? I'm here waiting to see Dr Wenham.  Sandy

HI Sandy

Nope, not there today. Too bad, I would have loved to meet you in person!  I hope your appointment goes well. 

Actually, I get my chemo locally. I'm 1.5 hours away from Moffitt so Dr. Wenham tag-teams with my local oncologist. They have been working together like this for years.  I will be going to Moffitt for my radiation. Since it is only 3 times and doesn't take very long, I felt it would be worth the drive. That is still a ways down the road though. BTW, who was your Radialogist for that part at Moffitt?

Take Care,

Cindi

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options

HI Sandy

Nope, not there today. Too bad, I would have loved to meet you in person!  I hope your appointment goes well. 

Actually, I get my chemo locally. I'm 1.5 hours away from Moffitt so Dr. Wenham tag-teams with my local oncologist. They have been working together like this for years.  I will be going to Moffitt for my radiation. Since it is only 3 times and doesn't take very long, I felt it would be worth the drive. That is still a ways down the road though. BTW, who was your Radialogist for that part at Moffitt?

Take Care,

Cindi

Radiation dr

Hi Cindi! I am happy! We went out for lunch to celebrate. For some reason I was very nervous about this visit, so it was quite a relief to find everything is OK and that I will have the port removed on Oct7th. I also live about 1, 1 ½ hours away from Tampa( in Winter Haven) but I did do my chemo at Moffitt as well as the radiation. My radiation doctor was Dr Fernandez and I like him very much. Dr Wenham referred me to him. Radiation, I just had three internal treatments, was a breeze after chemo. Of course it is the gift that keeps on giving and you have to follow the after treatment instructions to make sure scar tissue doesn't form. I hope you have a better week.  Sandy