With all the hope, prayers and positive thinking, the news is really bad

Options
124»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

That was nice ms. sunshine.
    That was nice ms. sunshine. I like your story.

Love what you wrote too Ms.
    Love what you wrote too Ms. Sunshine!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    ellenm4 said:

Your faith, Your Love will be your strength
    Renee after reading your post I cried. I feel your pain, your confussion, your anger and your fear. I am a breast cancer warrior! Left breast stage 2b grade3, dx 7/2008. Had a clean and clear bill until 7/2011. All my doctors thought it was a metastasis found on the Xray of my left lung upper lobe. Was found early and was yet very small, but they all wanted to watch it for 3 months. In Sept I had another CT/PET and it was growing now. Thorasic surgery was in the very near future. All my doctors felt take it out now since it was still very small and that would be it....what they did not count on was me getting sick with Mono and spending a week in the hospital for a week and then one Dr. not releasing me for surgery due to my system was too weak for this type of surgery. Finally getting the release on Dec 5, I was in the hospital and having the surgery on Dec. 7. Spent 3 days in ICU. When I came home I was told that I would need another surgery done called a mediastinoscopy to check the lymps and have a port installed. Dec 21 I was told that it was not a metastasis but in fact lung cancer and they found not only the one tumor but another as well. This tumor in 2 months had more than tripled in size. Dec 28 had the other surgery. I am now waiting for the results from the biospy on the lymphs.
    I almost forgot what it was like to be ok one day to wondering if I am going to die. Then I remember that we all will pass from this earth one day...but I am not ready for it to be today or even tomorrow. I suddenly remember the strength that I had to reach deep down inside me. My faith of God, my faith in everything beautiful and my faith of life. My love of my children, my grandchildren and my life and most of all my love of Christ. There are days I lock myslef in my bedroom and will not come out....that is ok because I tell myself I have only this day and tomorrow is a new day that I will not miss out on. The tears, the stare, the anger it all makes us stronger and makes us GREAT WARRIORS! We are God's Angel Warriors. Saying I am a "survivor" is ok...but I like the sound of "WARRIOR" much better. Learn to stop and smell the roses, touch a tree, love on a puppy. Live everyday to the fullest that you can and live only for that day, for tomorrow is a new one filled with new adventure that you will notice. When told the "C" word and becoming warriors, we see things a little different that others. The red is more vibrant, the blues are breath taking and the greens well we can feel the coolness of the color! Well I have rambled on enough. Renee you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. You will find the strength you need again as you have done before. Sometimes our battles get harder....but together we can do it! May God Bless you and hold you in his arms to comfort you! Please keep us informed. I post hear and on the lung cancer forum.

In Peace there is Love, in both you will find eternity!

Dear Renee
    There is not much to say that has not already been said. I am sending you hugs and prayers and you know we are here for you all the way. Please keep us posted.
    Kathy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Hope
    I'm sending you hope. Others have told their stories of similar situations. I'm adding my prayers again as well. I think it goes without saying how upset this news makes all of us. I'm so incredibly sorry for you and pray you will find the strength you need to get through this. The wagons are circled and the bus is gassed up.

Hugs,
    Suzanne

Right along with the pink
    Right along with the pink sisters, I offer you hope, support and all of the encouragement and hand holding that you need Renee. The pink bus is yours whenever you need it!

Hugs encircled with hope,

Debby
  • GrammyKaren
    GrammyKaren Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Dear Renee
    There is not much to say that has not already been said. I am sending you hugs and prayers and you know we are here for you all the way. Please keep us posted.
    Kathy

Dear Renee
    I ma praying for you and sending your ((((hugs)))) please know that you are a child of God. When you pray, it works. Be good to yourself.
    Hugs,
    Karen
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Renee, I haven't been on CSN much lately, but when I heard that you had posted some news here, I had to come and read it. I am so sorry to hear this, and I too, believe that God's hand is on our shoulders as we go through the good and the bad that life brings. When we met last summer, I could feel the zest for life that you have, and I know that you will do everything possible to beat this. We'll be with you, kicking cancer to the street.

Joyce

Big hugs to you today!
    Big hugs to you today!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    KathiM said:

I am putting my arms around you...can you feel them?
    Strong and warm and full of comfort. Just rest your head on my shoulder, dear soul, and take a peaceful moment....

I am sending my love to you,

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Saying how sorry I am just
    Saying how sorry I am just doesn't seem like enough. I am praying Renee and sending you lots of big hugs! Always here for you!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Renee I am so sad to read this news. I hope you take comfort and strength from all of us here. You have a beautiful friend in Ayse. Her post touched my heart.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    AMomNETN said:

Hugs
    {{{Renee}}}} I'm so sorry the news wasn't better. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Janie

Lots of prayers and hugs!

Lots of prayers and hugs!
  • beachmom
    beachmom Member Posts: 50
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Renee I am so sad to read this news. I hope you take comfort and strength from all of us here. You have a beautiful friend in Ayse. Her post touched my heart.

Prayers for you...
    How awful that must have been for you and your husband, I am so sorry. You are on the prayer list for hope, strength, courage, healing and love.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Victoria's succinct
    Victoria's succinct eloquence on the subject speaks absolute volumes.....though the fear is palpable, I wish u a calm heart and a treatment plan which will give u the confidence you need to face this challenge. Know that you are enveloped by the strength and love of all of us to help you when you don't feel quite as brave as you hope to (((((((hugs)))))) Love Chenheart

You're always in my prayers
    You're always in my prayers Renee!

Love, Leeza
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I don't know what to say my
    I don't know what to say my arms are around you with a big hug i'm so glad you have your son to lift you up god bless for our children.Strength,courage and love.Hugs Frankie

Hope, positive thoughts and
    Hope, positive thoughts and prayers Renee!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I don't know what to say my
    I don't know what to say my arms are around you with a big hug i'm so glad you have your son to lift you up god bless for our children.Strength,courage and love.Hugs Frankie

Hope, positive thoughts and
    Hope, positive thoughts and prayers Renee!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    elm3544 said:

I haven't been on here much
    I haven't been on here much lately, and, to come on and read this just breaks my heart. I am so very sorry Renee and just know that you are in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers!