With all the hope, prayers and positive thinking, the news is really bad

Options

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Renee, you are always such an inspiration--so positive, giving and strong. Please know that I am trying my long-distance hardest to surround you with prayer and hugs.

Also, although all of our diseases are very different, I just wanted to offer some hope. It has now been 7 years since I first began to have bone mets symptoms (ribs). I know I will never be cured but I am doing well and at peace.

I am also very glad that you have your first grandchild coming. It will be a wonderful distraction through all of this.

Hang in there and the pink bus is gassed up and ready to go. (((Hugs)))
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Renee, you are always such an inspiration--so positive, giving and strong. Please know that I am trying my long-distance hardest to surround you with prayer and hugs.

Also, although all of our diseases are very different, I just wanted to offer some hope. It has now been 7 years since I first began to have bone mets symptoms (ribs). I know I will never be cured but I am doing well and at peace.

I am also very glad that you have your first grandchild coming. It will be a wonderful distraction through all of this.

Hang in there and the pink bus is gassed up and ready to go. (((Hugs)))

With You....
    This sucks!!! I am so sorry you're having such a bad time... I will continue to pray for you...Try to take one day at a time, or minute by minute...what ever it takes to get you through the day...

Wishing you better days...keep us posted...we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    MAJW said:

With You....
    This sucks!!! I am so sorry you're having such a bad time... I will continue to pray for you...Try to take one day at a time, or minute by minute...what ever it takes to get you through the day...

Wishing you better days...keep us posted...we care
    Hugs, Nancy

Renee I love everything that has been said. Who knows why, but we all know that we do what is necessary to fight this ugly beast. My prayers are being lifted up for you. I'm so sorry to hear your news. You are so sweet and so special and there is a special plan for you, hang in there, trust, have bold faith, and know we are all here to support you. Sending loving hugs to you and your family. ((((HUGS))))
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    My dear Renee,
    I am so sorry that you had to hear this news. My prayers are with you. You are strong, you will do what you have to do and we will all be with you. If there is anything I can do, just let me know.

Loving, tender hugs

Sue
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Renee I love everything that has been said. Who knows why, but we all know that we do what is necessary to fight this ugly beast. My prayers are being lifted up for you. I'm so sorry to hear your news. You are so sweet and so special and there is a special plan for you, hang in there, trust, have bold faith, and know we are all here to support you. Sending loving hugs to you and your family. ((((HUGS))))

We love you!
    There aren't enough words to tell you how sorry I am. I'm fighting back tears, you are one of the most supportive, positive, inspiring sisters here. I so hate this nasty beast! I'm with Sue, wish there was a magic wand we could wave. I don't have that magic wand, but you are in my prayers daily. We are all here for you and love you!

Hugs,Debi
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

My dear Renee,
    I am so sorry that you had to hear this news. My prayers are with you. You are strong, you will do what you have to do and we will all be with you. If there is anything I can do, just let me know.

Loving, tender hugs

Sue

I am so sorry, Renee. Hugs
    I am so sorry, Renee. Hugs and Hope to you and your family.

Deborah
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Victoria's succinct
    Victoria's succinct eloquence on the subject speaks absolute volumes.....though the fear is palpable, I wish u a calm heart and a treatment plan which will give u the confidence you need to face this challenge. Know that you are enveloped by the strength and love of all of us to help you when you don't feel quite as brave as you hope to (((((((hugs)))))) Love Chenheart
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    chenheart said:

Victoria's succinct
    Victoria's succinct eloquence on the subject speaks absolute volumes.....though the fear is palpable, I wish u a calm heart and a treatment plan which will give u the confidence you need to face this challenge. Know that you are enveloped by the strength and love of all of us to help you when you don't feel quite as brave as you hope to (((((((hugs)))))) Love Chenheart

Oh Renee I'm so sorry to
    Oh Renee I'm so sorry to here this.....I pray that your pet scan comes out clean and hope that they are wrong and the cancer did not come back .... You will be in my thoughts and prayer my pink friend..... God bless

Eva
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Very Sad
    Renee -- I was very sad to read this (and upset). There are too many sisters going through hard times right now, on this forum. And I wish so so much I can take it ALL away. I am in shock too. I will never stop praying for all of us here. I know it's difficult to stay positive in a situation like this, but please try. Yes, it sucks! And we hate cancer so much!!! And I can't imagine how you feel - I don't think anyone can unless they have gone through the same, which some sisters have, and many overcame it. I PRAY THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO OVERCOME. No one deserves this, but we just don't understand WHY things happen. But we must keep on going, as many have already said. We just need to continue each day, hoping and staying positive, no matter what we hear and no matter what we see.

I have you close to my heart Renee. And hoping your spirit gets lifted soon and you get ready to fight this, with us supporting you and holding your hand.

Sending you a lot of love and hugs.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    I can imagine what
    you're feeling and it breaks my heart! I am so sorry for this result. But I believe in the power given to you to be lifted. And just as RE has testified, sometimes against what seems like odds, people perservere! You WILL hold that precious baby and you will fight this thing. With God, one is never alone despite the trials. And He knows our fears and weaknesses.

Be blessed and strong sweet sister! We are ALL sending our prayers and positive thoughts.

Comforting hugs,

Sylvia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Very Sad
    Renee -- I was very sad to read this (and upset). There are too many sisters going through hard times right now, on this forum. And I wish so so much I can take it ALL away. I am in shock too. I will never stop praying for all of us here. I know it's difficult to stay positive in a situation like this, but please try. Yes, it sucks! And we hate cancer so much!!! And I can't imagine how you feel - I don't think anyone can unless they have gone through the same, which some sisters have, and many overcame it. I PRAY THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WHO OVERCOME. No one deserves this, but we just don't understand WHY things happen. But we must keep on going, as many have already said. We just need to continue each day, hoping and staying positive, no matter what we hear and no matter what we see.

I have you close to my heart Renee. And hoping your spirit gets lifted soon and you get ready to fight this, with us supporting you and holding your hand.

Sending you a lot of love and hugs.

Hope
    I'm sending you hope. Others have told their stories of similar situations. I'm adding my prayers again as well. I think it goes without saying how upset this news makes all of us. I'm so incredibly sorry for you and pray you will find the strength you need to get through this. The wagons are circled and the bus is gassed up.

Hugs,
    Suzanne
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    sea60 said:

I can imagine what
    you're feeling and it breaks my heart! I am so sorry for this result. But I believe in the power given to you to be lifted. And just as RE has testified, sometimes against what seems like odds, people perservere! You WILL hold that precious baby and you will fight this thing. With God, one is never alone despite the trials. And He knows our fears and weaknesses.

Be blessed and strong sweet sister! We are ALL sending our prayers and positive thoughts.

Comforting hugs,

Sylvia

Renee - I am so sorry. I join all our sisters here bathing you in prayer,
    with hopes for a clean PET. May God bless you and your family during this
    difficult time. We care about you, Renee. Sending love & gentle hugs.

Teresa
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    So sorry....
    I know no words can fix what you are going through but know I (we) all are saying many prayers for you and your family. When you see the new baby you will see the miracle of God.

Thinking and Praying for you, Diana
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    gami43 said:

Renee - I am so sorry. I join all our sisters here bathing you in prayer,
    with hopes for a clean PET. May God bless you and your family during this
    difficult time. We care about you, Renee. Sending love & gentle hugs.

Teresa

this is tough and not the
    this is tough and not the news we were hoping for. so we have get geared to fight the beast again. We are ready with all the ammunition and support you need. Look to all our long term stage four ladies for hope and to us for love. Sending lots of positive vibes, and prayers. As someone said to me when I said I could not do it again... yes you can you just dont want to. so yes you can , we are here, and you certainly will be around for your beautiful new grandchild! Planning to see you in Hershey next year too!!!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that the Pet scan comes back clear. Just try to hang in there.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Oh Renee, the tears are
    Oh Renee, the tears are flowing here too...

I know that you will soon get your feet under you again, that this will not keep you down for long. And I know this because you have shown me how to face the beast with strength, courage, wisdom, and fight.

I haven't been stage four long enough to give you the benefit of years...but I know that the adjustment to 'you have mets' is similar to the adjustment one faces with 'you have cancer'. You go through all the same steps and eventually reach a place where you can live and feel joy again, and I am confident that you will get to that place with this too. Soon you will again be showing me how to face this beast.

Sending you everything good that I've got!

Hugs,

Linda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Oh Renee, the tears are
    Oh Renee, the tears are flowing here too...

I know that you will soon get your feet under you again, that this will not keep you down for long. And I know this because you have shown me how to face the beast with strength, courage, wisdom, and fight.

I haven't been stage four long enough to give you the benefit of years...but I know that the adjustment to 'you have mets' is similar to the adjustment one faces with 'you have cancer'. You go through all the same steps and eventually reach a place where you can live and feel joy again, and I am confident that you will get to that place with this too. Soon you will again be showing me how to face this beast.

Sending you everything good that I've got!

Hugs,

Linda

Renee,
    I cannot imagine how devastated you and your family have been feeling since yesterday. Please do not loose hope. Two months ago I read a very inspirational story Long-term survivors board at our CSN site. It did help me to carry on.
    Please read this inspirational thread written by stage III and IV survivors:
    http://csn.cancer.org/node/221910

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your upcoming tests. Your smiling first grandchild will make you happy every day
    New Flower
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this
    Renee,

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. It's not an easy journey sometimes. This is the place to come and vent. We are here for you. We understand your feelings. Some of us have cried as you have. Please know you can always count on us to be there for you. I hope the PET scan doesn't show any organ involvement. I'll say a prayer for you. Thinking of you and sending a cyber hug.

Terry
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    My heart bleeds, I have not words big enough
    I am so sorry about this horrible thing that is happening to you.

I pray that as you get more, clear information and get a game plan some of this will ease and you can get your head wrapped around this.

Myself, as another recently dealing with a huge kick in the pants, PLEASE PM me about ANYTHING, I don't know much, but we can talk about how crazy it all is making us and compare notes.

And, we both share the same 1st short term goal, NEW GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!

I am praying for you,

Jennifer
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I have faith in you. When I read your post it was like punch
    in the stomach and tears started streaming, I actually got into
    an argument with Freddy who thought "maybe" I should stay away
    from the boards. How can I explain to him I thought,the bond that
    we share on this board. Do you remember how we met Renee? I was
    an emotional bundle and you still came to meet and drive me to my
    mastectomy. You have become a permanent mark in the fabric of my