GOOD-BY from HONDO

Options

Comments

• Sue22
    Sue22 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

Missed
    I and many will miss your strength! May you make all it better for all those around you.

Bless you Tim

John

Getting to know you...
    Hey Hondo...........I was just starting to get to know you. You are a very nice man with lots of knowledge. Actually you are a very kind man.

Good luck with your new projects and hope you put your words of wisdom in here now and then.

Salut, Sue
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

Missed
    I and many will miss your strength! May you make all it better for all those around you.

Bless you Tim

John

Dear Hondo...
    Although we don't post regularly anymore, please know you helped my husband and me get through a very tough time this past spring and summer. We wish you only the best of everything (especially health!) and a very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. Please take care...
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    No Fish
    What, no fishing......

Take care bud, an drop me an email now an then....I still have plans for you...bawahahahaaaa..

Best,
    John
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    Hal61 said:

Quibbling
    That's "Pascal".

best,
    Hal

Thanks for the spelling correction.
    I note that you have nothing to say about the actual wager, and so I will try to clear it up:

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) offers a pragmatic reason for believing in God: even under the assumption that God’s existence is unlikely, the potential benefits of believing are so vast as to make betting on theism rational. The super-dominance form of the argument conveys the basic Pascalian idea, the expectations argument refines it, and the dominating expectations argument gives a more sophisticated version still.

Critics in turn have raised a number of now-classic challenges. (i) According to intellectualism, deliberately choosing which beliefs to hold is practically impossible. Intellectualism, however, appears to be not only questionable but irrelevant. (ii) According to the many-gods objection, Pascal’s wager begs the question and hence is irrational. It assumes that if God exists then God must take a rather specific form, which few open-minded agnostics would accept. Pascalians reply by invoking the notion of a genuine option (which is not defined), by devising run-off decision theory (which is not justified), by claiming that Pascal was understandably unaware of other cultures (which is not true), and by appealing to generic theism (which does not solve the problem).

(iii) According to evidentialism, Pascalian reasoning is epistemically irresponsible and hence immoral. One development of this argument, suggesting that God is an evidentialist, amounts to a variant of the many-gods objection. Another development, suggesting that we should be evidentialists, hinges on the outcome of larger moral theory. (iv) According to various paradoxes, reference to infinite values is decision-theoretic non-sense.

Take care, and thanks for the catch on the spelling,

Joe
  • NeoTheron91
    NeoTheron91 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    KareGiver said:

Dear Hondo...
    Although we don't post regularly anymore, please know you helped my husband and me get through a very tough time this past spring and summer. We wish you only the best of everything (especially health!) and a very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. Please take care...

Thanks
    Hi Hondo,

Well, needlessly to say ..... "you will be missed" .......
    Thanks for your encouragement and contribution!

Cheers,
    Neo
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Hondo
    I don't even know what to say. I am heartbroken that you are leaving. I know I could never have made it through my caregiving journey without your knowledge and support and now that I am starting the caregiving journey again I will miss you even more. Good luck on your journey. Those you minister are lucky to have you.

Take care and God bless you.

Myka
  • NJR
    NJR Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Ouch
    Sorry to see you go sir, but I understand all too well the need to change directions or take a break now and again.

I'd just like to tell you thank you very much for making me feel welcome and for the advise that you gave me when I first started posting. That day coincided exactly with my lowest point and had pretty much decided to stop all the treatments. The one thing about this whole ordeal that stands out more than anything was to learn the hard way that even in a crowded hospital with thousands of people buzzing all around, it is still possible to be all alone and isolated. Your words and experience were instrumental in getting over it and getting on with the treatments.

Nick
  • shannonbobannon
    shannonbobannon Member Posts: 24
    Options
    NO!
    Hondo I don't want you to leave. You've been helpful and it's sad to see you go although I haven't talked to you too much. Thanks for the warm wishes and the help on my posts! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and and amazing new year! Stay strong and keep the faith! Good luck to you and yours!

Shannon :)
  • Kyle Gilmore
    Kyle Gilmore Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Ihope
    I hope you find peace in every moment and understanding in each next step.

Thank you for all you have done here for those that need to hear that there is always a way of dealing with bad circumstance.3 bouts of NPC and still able to serve others, thats inspiring.

Kyle
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Not "Goodbye" - "See Ya"
    Wow - you've been such a rock here. I know that you still will be - just because you won't be regularly posting doesn't mean you won't continue to inspire and support others when you do visit. Hard to imagine the site with you as an occasional visitor.

On the other hand, you need to do what you feel compelled to do. You have done a lot of good here. We need to understand that you can do good in other places as well, and need the chance to do so. It's hard to do that if you feel obligated to spend a large portion of your "free" time on one web site. While we'll miss you, we want you to be able to do what brings you joy. And by "we", I mean "I" - "we" just makes it sound much less mushy.

Thank you, dear sir, for your kindnesses and caring. Do well. See ya around. And I'm sure I'll smile when I do.
  • sumarah8
    sumarah8 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    You made me nervous on the
    You made me nervous on the subject "Goodbye from Hondo" but when i read the whole thing i was relieved... I hope you come back here, we need you here, remember we have the same "C". Can i still call you on your phone?

Best of everything and God bless you always!
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Happy Trails Hondo
    Hondo, My best to you and yours always, my friend. Stop by to say "Hi' now and then. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Jimbo55 said:

Happy Trails Hondo
    Hondo, My best to you and yours always, my friend. Stop by to say "Hi' now and then. Cheers.

Jimbo

Tim
    May God continue to bless you in your journey! I have not been posting lately but do check the site daily! I am sorry to see you go but do understand when it is time! We do what we must do! I know you will do great with God & your wonderfull wife keeping tab's!
    Thank you for everything you have done for all of us on this site!
    God Bless You Tim!
    Rosalind
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    I can't believe it!
    Hondo:

I can't believe you're leaving us! But I understand your reasoning and wish you all the best. You have been such an inspiration and comfort to me as well as all the rest I'm sure. Don't forget us! And I'll be praying that maybe CSN will become a part of your ministry and you'll stay with us after all. In my opinion all you have done here is a ministry. Merry Christmas to you and yours and thanks again for all your comforting thoughts and inspiration. God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    LUCKY I CROSSED PATHS WITH YOU
    Tim, that is the first time I actually called you by your first name, I understand moving on, as I no longer post to the "every day stuff" as I used to. I have seen as regulars move on or post less, there are always great newcomers to fill in where others have left off. That is what is so special about this group of people here at CSN, the group just keeps on growing and regenerating as time goes on.

Let me wish you and your familiy at heartfelt Christmas, and I wish you nothing but success and happiness going forward.

I am truly blessed for having you be a part of my own journey with this disease.

Best!!

Mike
  • Bigfuzzydoug
    Bigfuzzydoug Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Thanks Hondo!
    Fair winds and calm seas. May your journey find favor with you and all the lucky ones blessed to come across your path!
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Leaving
    I join many others in saying that you will be sorely missed by all of us. You are pretty much the elder statesman of this board and I will certainly miss your wit and knowledge. You have helped a lot of people here, myself included. I wish you the best of luck in your ministry and I look forward to hearing from you from time to time.

Roger
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I am so sad to hear you are not going to be a regular poster here. I would never have gotten along without your faith, support, wisdom and humor. You were definately doing ministry here. I know you have prayed about this, but still I do not understand. However as God said, "MY ways are not your ways, MY plans are not your plans."

May God bless you in your ministry. I will definately follow your website. Please keep in touch.

Your sister in Christ
    Debbie
  • ToBeGolden
    ToBeGolden Member Posts: 695
    Options
    Sorry to See You Go
    Sorry to see you go. But you must follow the leading of the Spirit. Selfishly, I hope the Spirit will allow you enough time to visit us on occasion. Rick.
  • kokomc
    kokomc Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Hondo

I don’t post much I just kind of fly in the overhead reading and learning what everyone has to say. Don’t stay away long as you will never know just how many people here you have helps with just your kind words and prayer.

Mary