Wish I had better news :(

Options

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    on the list
    Your ability to make a wise decsion is on my prayer list.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I didn't have invasive bc
    I didn't have invasive bc and no chemo or radiation.I don't know what everyone says about it because I havent been through it.BUT when I was told I had bc I wasn;t sure what my treatment was going to be but I stayed strong.Whatever they throw at me I have to take it.AND believe me I am afraid of alot of things esp when it comes to my health.

Two years could turn into 10 years and then maybe 20.Doctors can estimate but they never kow for sure.New things are coming out.I have heard of doctors telling patients they have 2 year and year later they are still living and doing fine.It is your decision.I understand you are tired of it all.BUY you never know if it wlll work if you don't try.

Start the fight and see how it goes.Remember believe in miracles.I do.Wishing you the best.You are in my thoughts and prayers.

FIGHT WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT

Lynn Smith

Praying and thinking of you
    Praying and thinking of you Kari!
  • missingtexas
    missingtexas Member Posts: 146
    Options
    HUGS!!! I'm praying for you
    HUGS!!! I'm praying for you and the strength to make the decision that is right for you! We are all behind you. :)
    -Dana
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mamolady said:

choices
    Kari,
    I just want to say that choosing no treatment is not "giving up". This is a very, very difficult decision for any body. My sister had several mets over a period of several years. If radiation could take care of it, she did that. She did not want chemo. She ended up surviving a lot longer than her doctors had anticipated.
    That being said, fighting with everything the doctors can throw at it seems to be more your style! If that is the choice you make, you will find the strength. You have support and knowledge from your daughter and support from everyone here. A lot can happen in 2 years and you can surprise your doctors.
    Ultimately, the choice is yours, just know you are not alone.

Cindy

Kari
    Wanted you to know that I called our secretary at church, and, your name will be in our church bulletin on the prayer list Kari.

Praying for you!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Kari, I am so, so sorry that
    Kari, I am so, so sorry that you are going through all of this. Whatever you decide, I am with you fighting and praying. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

How ya doing Kari? Is your
    How ya doing Kari? Is your daughter home yet? I'm here for you, just like all of the other pink sisters anytime you need us!

Hope you have a good weekend!

Sue :)
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options

HUGS!!! I'm praying for you
    HUGS!!! I'm praying for you and the strength to make the decision that is right for you! We are all behind you. :)
    -Dana

There's been so much good
    There's been so much good advice. I can't really add to it. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am, Kari, and that I'll be praying for you and your decision.

Joyce
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Kari:
    I am so sorry for your

Kari:
    I am so sorry for your latest news....MY heart goes out to you...and sending good thoughts and all to you and your family....

Keep us updated....i wish you the best....

Denise

How devastating to get this
    How devastating to get this news. I feel so bad for you Kari and wish I could do so much more for you. Know that I will support you in whatever path you might choose.

Praying for you,

Kylez
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Sorry
    Kari,

I don't know what to say to add to what everyone else has already said. My prayers are with your and your family and I know that even though you are worn out you will make the right decision. You are a strong, wonderful person who is good for this forum and I appreciate all of your encouragement to everyone.

You can be scared and confused but don't feel lost or alone - we are all with you and will be next to you on whatever path you choose.

Wolfi
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Dear Kari
    You are in my

Dear Kari
    You are in my prayers and I am thinking of you as i know all of your sisters are as you are going through this.
    God bless,
    Annette
  • pratt
    pratt Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Dear Kari, Ask you doctor
    Dear Kari, Ask you doctor how your quality of life will be with these treatments. Losing your hair is nothing if your life is better because of the treatment. You are in my prayers. "Be Still and Know That I Am God" Prayers and Tight Hugs to you-
  • poeticrevolver
    poeticrevolver Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Some encouragement for you.....
    I may be new on here, but I feel your pain. I will keep you in my prayers. I do believe the decision will come to you. Be patient, wait on the Lord. He has always come through for me.

"I am the Lord your God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. "

My Beautiful Daughter,

If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFJTD box(something for Jesus to do)box.It will e addressed in my time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it or attempt to remove it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.

If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure it is the proper solution.

Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber. There is no need for you to lose any sleep. Rest my child. If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away

Love Eternally,

The Lord Your God

P.S.

My aunt gave this little letter to me in the beginning of my journey. It has helped me so very much, and reminds me that it's not me, but Him. He is so mighty and powerful. He can do anything.
    I pray His will will be done in your life.

Blessings to you,

J
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

I may be new on here, but I feel your pain. I will keep you in my prayers. I do believe the decision will come to you. Be patient, wait on the Lord. He has always come through for me.

"I am the Lord your God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. "

My Beautiful Daughter,

If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFJTD box(something for Jesus to do)box.It will e addressed in my time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it or attempt to remove it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.

If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure it is the proper solution.

Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber. There is no need for you to lose any sleep. Rest my child. If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away

Love Eternally,

The Lord Your God

P.S.

My aunt gave this little letter to me in the beginning of my journey. It has helped me so very much, and reminds me that it's not me, but Him. He is so mighty and powerful. He can do anything.

Blessings to you,

J

Hi poeticrevolver
    What a beautiful letter this is! I will read it often. Thanks for sharing.
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Options

Hi poeticrevolver
    What a beautiful letter this is! I will read it often. Thanks for sharing.

Fight Kari
    I say fight Kari. First of all you may beat the odds and make it much longer than 2 years. Second, seeing your daughter into her married life will be rewarding for both you and her and who knows, maybe a grandchild will be in the works soon! Nothing better than that!
  • DebbyM
    Options

Dear Kari
    You are in my

Dear Kari
    You are in my prayers and I am thinking of you as i know all of your sisters are as you are going through this.
    God bless,
    Annette

Just a note to let you know
    Just a note to let you know that I am praying for you and thinking of you today Kari!
  • pratt
    pratt Member Posts: 16
    Options

My Beautiful Daughter,

Love Eternally,

The Lord Your God

P.S.

Blessings to you,

J

Just Beautiful
    This is a beautiful post
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Kari, i just checked in and
    Kari, i just checked in and seen this....this just broke my heart! I hope by now maybe you have talked to your daughter since she might be able to shed some light on some things for you since she works in that area. I know what ever decision you make will be the right one for you...its just devasting that you have to go thru this and i just want you to know i will be prayin for you! ((((lots of hugs))))
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Dear Kari
    My heart goes out to you and your family. Please take your time to make decision which is right for you and your family. When your daughter comes back she will help you to choose your way, your next step, your treatment plan. Nobody knows the future , I am surprised that doctor gave you the numbers. As many members already said whatever you decide will respect and support your choice. There many on-going clinical trials and new medications, that could help.

Sending positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs,
    New Flower

I am hoping that you have a
    I am hoping that you have a treatment plan by now Kari and are doing well with it. Update us to let us know how you are.

Hugs, Megan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Kari:
    I am so sorry for your

Kari:
    I am so sorry for your latest news....MY heart goes out to you...and sending good thoughts and all to you and your family....

Keep us updated....i wish you the best....

Denise

I hardly know what to say to
    I hardly know what to say to you Kari. Please know that I will be praying as hard as I can for you. And, please don't be a stranger here...keep us updated please.

Love, courage and hope for you!
  • DebbyM
    Options

My Beautiful Daughter,

Love Eternally,

The Lord Your God

P.S.

Blessings to you,

J

Thank you J for that
    Thank you J for that beautiful letter!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

My Beautiful Daughter,

Love Eternally,

The Lord Your God

P.S.

Blessings to you,

J

Poeticrevolvr, your letter
    Poeticrevolvr, your letter is so beautiful. And Kari, any word on your treatment plan?