Wish I had better news :(

Options

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    ladyg said:

This is really sad news.
    I can understand your not wanting to do battle with the beast anymore. But as others have said you never know when they will find the cure. You need to make the decision that is right for you and your family. We will all be with you whatever you decide.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Dear Kari
    My heart goes out to you and your family. Please take your time to make decision which is right for you and your family. When your daughter comes back she will help you to choose your way, your next step, your treatment plan. Nobody knows the future , I am surprised that doctor gave you the numbers. As many members already said whatever you decide will respect and support your choice. There many on-going clinical trials and new medications, that could help.

Sending positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs,
    New Flower
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    So sorry
    Kari - my heart is aching for you. I have tears in my eyes that won't stop. Be strong, dear sister, and I'm sure you will make the decision that is best for you. Hugs, Linda
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

So sorry
    Kari - my heart is aching for you. I have tears in my eyes that won't stop. Be strong, dear sister, and I'm sure you will make the decision that is best for you. Hugs, Linda

I am so sorry Kari
    As the other pink sisters wrote, the decision of whether you continue with treatment or not is solely up to you. Whenever I log on and read of another sister fighting the beast again, I always think of Re, Jeanne D, Carkris and Kathi M who have fought more than once and won, yes WON! Doctors should not be allowed to give someone a limit on their life. They are not God and only God knows when we shall go. I think waiting to speak with your daughter would be best for you. I am sure you are confused, scared and don't know where to turn. I would feel the same way. Just know that we are all here for you and we will all support whatever you should decide to do. We love you Kari!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    kya911 said:

:0( SO sorry Kari. Will keep
    :0( SO sorry Kari. Will keep you & yours in my prayers.
    Hugs
    Judy

I am sorry too Kari at
    I am sorry too Kari at reading this news. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated Kari.

Hugs, Angie
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Kristin N said:

I am so sorry Kari
    As the other pink sisters wrote, the decision of whether you continue with treatment or not is solely up to you. Whenever I log on and read of another sister fighting the beast again, I always think of Re, Jeanne D, Carkris and Kathi M who have fought more than once and won, yes WON! Doctors should not be allowed to give someone a limit on their life. They are not God and only God knows when we shall go. I think waiting to speak with your daughter would be best for you. I am sure you are confused, scared and don't know where to turn. I would feel the same way. Just know that we are all here for you and we will all support whatever you should decide to do. We love you Kari!

♥ Kristin ♥

Kari
    My heart goes out to

Kari
    My heart goes out to you. My thoughts & prayers are with you.
    Renee
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Kari... I am at a loss for
    Kari... I am at a loss for words. My heart is heavy for you and your family. I pray God grant you strength and peace to continue forward with your journey. Big Hugs to you sweet one.
    Ines

Nothing I write can express
    Nothing I write can express how awful I feel about reading this Kari. Please know that I will be praying for you.

Hugs, Debby
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Kari
    My heart goes out to

Kari
    My heart goes out to you. My thoughts & prayers are with you.
    Renee

Kari so sorry for the bad news
    Please stay in the fight, don't give up. Doctors are wonderful people, but they with all their knowledge don't know how long we got on this earth. Life is worth fighting for.
    Jennifer
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

I'm soooo Sorry to hear this news!!!
    My vote is to Fight with all of your might. Who knows what's on the horizon for new treatments. The docs are Not GOD and do not have the final word on your specific time. It could be tomorrow or years from now. Until God calls you home... I say Fight with all of Your might!!!

You're in my Prayers!!!
    Hugs~
    Mitzi

I am praying for you Kari
    I am praying for you Kari and sending you lots of cyber hugs too!

Leeza
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Please stay in the fight, don't give up. Doctors are wonderful people, but they with all their knowledge don't know how long we got on this earth. Life is worth fighting for.
    Jennifer

I am just so sorry. I know
    I am just so sorry. I know that you make the decision that is best for you and your family. You are in my prayers.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Kari, I'm so sorry that this
    Kari,
    I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. My tears are flowing too and I just want to tell you that we are here for you in whatever decision you make.
    Sounds like a great idea to wait until your daughter returns and talk with her about it. I agree that doctors can't say how long and numbers shouldn't be given. How many of us have beat the odds and lived a long time.
    Cancer does suck and I'm sending you love and courage.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Kari
    Just wanted you to know that I put you on our prayer list at church this weekend.

Sue :)
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Devastated...
    ... after reading your post. Am so very, very saddened, Kari. You've fought hard and long...

Yes, the decision on how to proceed is yours - and yours alone. And although I'm devastated by this news - I remain, as always, HOPEFUL. Hopeful that you won't give up. Hopeful for another/more options. Hopeful that you'll beat the statistics, as many do.

Today - my heart and my prayers are all for you.

Kindest regards, Susan
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Oh Kari-im just NOW reading
    Oh Kari-im just NOW reading this, i haven't been on the boards for several days. My heart is heavy my friend. Im mad as hell that the meds did not work for you. I know you're weary, and tired, and upset. Then put your gloves back on & we'll get in your corner & get back to kicking some ****. My prayers are with you Kari.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    kya911 said:

:0( SO sorry Kari. Will keep
    :0( SO sorry Kari. Will keep you & yours in my prayers.
    Hugs
    Judy

This is just devastating
    This is just devastating news. I am so sorry Kari. I don't know what to tell you. Just know that I will be praying for you.

I know you will make the right decision for yourself.

Hugs,

Megan
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Oh Kari-im just NOW reading
    Oh Kari-im just NOW reading this, i haven't been on the boards for several days. My heart is heavy my friend. Im mad as hell that the meds did not work for you. I know you're weary, and tired, and upset. Then put your gloves back on & we'll get in your corner & get back to kicking some ****. My prayers are with you Kari.
    *hugs*
    Heather

Sending hope
    I'm sending hopes and prayers for you too, very sorry to read the news. As for losing your hair again...I don't know what the suggested chemo will be, but I only lost my hair while on Taxol. But while on three others I did not lose my hair: Taxotere, Navelbine, and Xeloda (at least not yet). Best wishes to you and please keep us posted.
    Marsha
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Prayers, Love & Hugs
    Dear Kari,

Cannot add anything to what your friends in pink have said to you.

But will add one more time that you do not have an expiration date written across your forehead. You may have months or you may have YEARS. Praying for you, dear sister, that you will say what needs to be said to your daughter and others close to you and that together you can make the decision that is best for you.

Much, much love to you dear one. Feel the love and the support of your brothers and sisters in pink.

Praying for you! xo
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Jennifer

I wish you had better news
    I wish you had better news too Kari. Please consider treatment, please! I am here to support you in whatever path you might choose.

Lots of love, support and hope,

Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Dear Kari - First of all, I
    Dear Kari - First of all, I am very sorry for all the anxiety, stress and emotional pain you are going through. And I am sorry your love ones are concerned and sad about the news. Although all was said, by a Dr. (not God), I would like to add something.

I understand you are tired and probably looking at this from a different perspective. But, I think it is worth it to fight this as long as you can. For you, for your daughter, for your family, and for us, your pinks sisters.

I am not sure what your level of faith is - and I know it is very hard when you have a Dr. (I repeat, not GOD) telling you these things. But I want you to know, miracles happen and God is with you, and only he can make the last call. However, you need to do yourself a favor and BELIEVE. Please have faith no matter what you see or hear. And say to yourself, that you will fight this with God supporting you. We will be here of course. But we will also pray together so that God knows we all want this to be another miracle.

It is very important you always declare, out loud, that you will be OK. Always positive. Words are very powerful and so are thoughts.

I hope you are OK with us doing a chain of prayer for you? But you need to help us by having faith AND BELIEVING. I know this may seem impossible for you, and very hard. But no matter how hard things can be, God has the last call.

We are thinking of you. And whatever you decide, we are here for you too. But we - selfishly and with strong faith - would like for you to choose LIFE, by fighting and believing in God like Abrahaan did. This is what I would love to do, if I was in the same case as you.

Please believe. No matter what.

Hugs and prayers.

Oh Kari, I am so sorry and
    Oh Kari, I am so sorry and just about speechless. I am crying just thinking of what you have already endured, and now, faced with a huge decision on how to move forward. I pray that you will have the treatments, as, new meds are being found all of the time. So, please do not give up hope, keep fighting!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Dear Kari - First of all, I
    Dear Kari - First of all, I am very sorry for all the anxiety, stress and emotional pain you are going through. And I am sorry your love ones are concerned and sad about the news. Although all was said, by a Dr. (not God), I would like to add something.

I understand you are tired and probably looking at this from a different perspective. But, I think it is worth it to fight this as long as you can. For you, for your daughter, for your family, and for us, your pinks sisters.

I am not sure what your level of faith is - and I know it is very hard when you have a Dr. (I repeat, not GOD) telling you these things. But I want you to know, miracles happen and God is with you, and only he can make the last call. However, you need to do yourself a favor and BELIEVE. Please have faith no matter what you see or hear. And say to yourself, that you will fight this with God supporting you. We will be here of course. But we will also pray together so that God knows we all want this to be another miracle.

It is very important you always declare, out loud, that you will be OK. Always positive. Words are very powerful and so are thoughts.

I hope you are OK with us doing a chain of prayer for you? But you need to help us by having faith AND BELIEVING. I know this may seem impossible for you, and very hard. But no matter how hard things can be, God has the last call.

We are thinking of you. And whatever you decide, we are here for you too. But we - selfishly and with strong faith - would like for you to choose LIFE, by fighting and believing in God like Abrahaan did. This is what I would love to do, if I was in the same case as you.

Please believe. No matter what.

Hugs and prayers.

Sorry
    Double post
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Kari, I am so, so sorry that
    Kari, I am so, so sorry that you are going through all of this. Whatever you decide, I am with you fighting and praying. Please let me know if you need anything at all.
  • deeb111
    deeb111 Member Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am so very sorry to hear
    I am so very sorry to hear this Ihope you choose to stay in the fight cause this disease does not deserve to live on in anyone and the more we fight the less power we give it good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours