It's baaaaack.... and it's in my brain.

Options

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Sorry, MamaG, I don't have advice
    Oh, MamaG!! I know you asked for only advice and unfortunately I can't give that, but I have only just recently been back here because of getting angst when I read things such as this. I just know, as I'm sure you do, how far treatment has come for cancer. I have always admired your attitude, fortitude and sense of humor, and if anything can help get you though this, that will. I hope with all my heart that you get through the procedure with little to no discomfort and that this is just another one of those annoying bumps in the road. Prayers and best wishes your way! Mar
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh MamaG~ my heart is so
    Oh MamaG~ my heart is so with you. Of course you have all of the hugs, prayers and positive vibes and then some from every one of your CSN family.

I think you're safe on the hole Ravi Shankar thing...I do believe That Ravi Shankar was born in 1920~I don't think he would be the one wielding a knife over anyone's skull! The only instrument Your Dr Shankar will have will most definitely be the one to get rid of the beast tying to invade your brain!
    I admit freely, though I was not such a fan of Ravi during the Beatles hey-day~ I do love his daughter's music~ Grammy award winning singer Norah Jones.

Which reminds me~ I wonder if the name Ravi Shankar is as common in India as say, Bill Smith, or Jones is here in the USA!

All blessings to you sweet sister...we love you dearly.
    Hugs,
    Chen♥

I am so sorry and my heart
    I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you. I don't know anything about the procedure you wrote about, but, I am sending you good luck and strong positive thoughts.

Praying,

Lex
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Sorry, MamaG, I don't have advice
    Oh, MamaG!! I know you asked for only advice and unfortunately I can't give that, but I have only just recently been back here because of getting angst when I read things such as this. I just know, as I'm sure you do, how far treatment has come for cancer. I have always admired your attitude, fortitude and sense of humor, and if anything can help get you though this, that will. I hope with all my heart that you get through the procedure with little to no discomfort and that this is just another one of those annoying bumps in the road. Prayers and best wishes your way! Mar

MaMa G .. You are a Warrior and Survivor ... I am
    praying for you ... and know with your strength and the love of your family at home and here on our boards .. things will work themselves out.

Prayers, Strength, Courage and HUGS!

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Dearest MamaG, this news
    Dearest MamaG, this news saddens me deeply! I was so hoping you had some major neuropathy going on such as I do. Reading your post has brought tears to my eyes, you are such an awesome soul. I love your sense of humor and your ability to fight, it's in my heart you will get through this too, I was just praying you would get a break on your fight. I'm so sorry you have to battle on and yet I know you can do it, you are a TRUE warrior!! You are at the top of my prayers and I'm praying you get your break soon. Big Hugs and Mountains of Love!!
    ~Kari

Sending you lots of cyber
    Sending you lots of cyber hugs and even more prayers! It is always so sad to read of one our sisters in pink having a recurrence. I am so very sorry Mama G.

Praying for you,

Kylez
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Dearest MamaG, this news
    Dearest MamaG, this news saddens me deeply! I was so hoping you had some major neuropathy going on such as I do. Reading your post has brought tears to my eyes, you are such an awesome soul. I love your sense of humor and your ability to fight, it's in my heart you will get through this too, I was just praying you would get a break on your fight. I'm so sorry you have to battle on and yet I know you can do it, you are a TRUE warrior!! You are at the top of my prayers and I'm praying you get your break soon. Big Hugs and Mountains of Love!!
    ~Kari

Mama G, if you don't mind,
    Mama G, if you don't mind, did you have symptoms with this? And, could you share?

Sending cyber hugs and real prayers for you!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    VickiSam said:

MaMa G .. You are a Warrior and Survivor ... I am
    praying for you ... and know with your strength and the love of your family at home and here on our boards .. things will work themselves out.

Prayers, Strength, Courage and HUGS!

Vicki Sam

Praying for you Mama
    Praying for you Mama G!

Lex♥
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Praying for you Mama
    Praying for you Mama G!

Lex♥

Thank you all for this wonderful information AND PRAYERS
    I am not scared of this cyberknife procedure, the more I hear the more I WANT TO GET IT GOING~~~~
    My only indication that I had brain involvement was the numbness of my left side that kept getting worse.
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm In Agreement with You!
    DAMN, DAMN, DAMN is right. Will be praying for you and that the Cyber Knife will be a success!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    sal314 said:

I'm In Agreement with You!
    DAMN, DAMN, DAMN is right. Will be praying for you and that the Cyber Knife will be a success!

Blessings,
    Sally

I know you can beat this,
    I know you can beat this, Mama G. You are a true fighter and I know you are ready to get started with this battle. Please take care and know how much we are all pulling for you. Love & hugs.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    GayleMc said:

I know you can beat this,
    I know you can beat this, Mama G. You are a true fighter and I know you are ready to get started with this battle. Please take care and know how much we are all pulling for you. Love & hugs.

Mama G says
    I WANT TO GET IT GOING.

Spoken like a true warrior, ready to suit up and go to battle. You will have to step out on the battlefield again, but know YOU WILL BE VICTORIOUS, believe that. Prayers, hugs, and much love being sent your way.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

I am not scared of this cyberknife procedure, the more I hear the more I WANT TO GET IT GOING~~~~
    My only indication that I had brain involvement was the numbness of my left side that kept getting worse.

You deserve all of the
    You deserve all of the prayers and encouragement! That's why we are here!

Hugs, Leeza
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am praying for you and
    I am praying for you and sending positive energy your way. You are a strong woman and have a strong army of women praying for you. Please keep us posted on your progress. Sending lots of ((hugs)) to you and your family. You're one special woman!!!
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    MGNS said:

I am praying for you and
    I am praying for you and sending positive energy your way. You are a strong woman and have a strong army of women praying for you. Please keep us posted on your progress. Sending lots of ((hugs)) to you and your family. You're one special woman!!!

Mama G
    I hate hearing bad news, You have such a strong spirit, and my prayers are with you!
    I have'nt heard of the Cyber knife before. Is it something new?
    Please keep us posted on how your doing and Keep your head to the sky.
    Lots of Hugs Weazer aka Karie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    weazer said:

Mama G
    I hate hearing bad news, You have such a strong spirit, and my prayers are with you!
    I have'nt heard of the Cyber knife before. Is it something new?
    Please keep us posted on how your doing and Keep your head to the sky.
    Lots of Hugs Weazer aka Karie

So very sorry about this
    So very sorry about this Mama. I haven't heard of the Cyber knife either. I wish I knew more, so, maybe I could offer you some information.

Praying for you and please keep up updated,

Jan
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

If you need info for cyberknife ask in colorectal
    It is very common between us, not in my case but l suggest to ask in there, lots of success with it!
    Hope it helps.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options

So very sorry about this
    So very sorry about this Mama. I haven't heard of the Cyber knife either. I wish I knew more, so, maybe I could offer you some information.

Praying for you and please keep up updated,

Jan

Mama G
    I've read and re-read this post trying to find words of comfort and encouragement for you. I wish you health and pray everything goes well.

Sher
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

Mama G
    I've read and re-read this post trying to find words of comfort and encouragement for you. I wish you health and pray everything goes well.

Sher

Oh Mama G, I am so sorry
    Oh Mama G, I am so sorry that the cancer came back. I can't say much more than what everyone else is posting, so, please know I will be praying for you. Let us know how your treatment is going and how you are feeling.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

Oh Mama G, I am so sorry
    Oh Mama G, I am so sorry that the cancer came back. I can't say much more than what everyone else is posting, so, please know I will be praying for you. Let us know how your treatment is going and how you are feeling.

Just know that I love you
    Just know that I love you and will be praying every day and night for you!

Sue :)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Mama G how are you and whats
    Mama G how are you and whats going on since your last post. I havent been on lately and just found out today about your current situation. I was hoping it was the arimidex. Damn damn damn is so correct. You are one tough cookie and you will beat this one too!! I see you in armor and boxing gloves fighting this thing away, far away.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    natly15 said:

Mama G how are you and whats
    Mama G how are you and whats going on since your last post. I havent been on lately and just found out today about your current situation. I was hoping it was the arimidex. Damn damn damn is so correct. You are one tough cookie and you will beat this one too!! I see you in armor and boxing gloves fighting this thing away, far away.

Thanks everyone!
    NOW I find out that BRAIN is the first place b/c metastizes. WHY don't they just do a ct or mri scan as a measure for that instead of the body scan??????? Also, did you know that chdmo does NOt work on stopping brain mets for b/c?????