Diagnosed last Monday (Squamous Cell -throat cancer)

Options

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

hi there
    hi there keep going my frend had chemo@radio for 3 months @ a peg in for 10 months due not been able to eat .am coming up 4 years out of chemo @ radio .now have ,nerve damage in neck and spine this l; think due to trteatment .but they wont admit it ..and carnt walk .so good but can survive,but there you go was seeing my consultant for 11 months befor he did a biopsi, but you will be fine ,you have a inner strenth and you will find it .chef its going to be a ruff ride ,but you will see light at the end of the tunnel .am at the moment trying to get my bebefits back they stoped my DLA 18 months ago took my DLA,car back .but .but l will not give in cos nothing matters any more only my 2 girls @ grand dourter so you your self .look to the children, .suvivel rate is high for our cancer . take ,email me chris-driver@hotmail.co.uk,regards chris .4 years out of chemo @ radio and going strong chris

G’day Chris
    Welcome here to CSN we are very glad to have you here with us, please plan to stay as there are many just starting the road trip and needs the support of us who have been there.

Take care my friend
  • Chefdaddy
    Chefdaddy Member Posts: 170
    Options

hi there
    hi there keep going my frend had chemo@radio for 3 months @ a peg in for 10 months due not been able to eat .am coming up 4 years out of chemo @ radio .now have ,nerve damage in neck and spine this l; think due to trteatment .but they wont admit it ..and carnt walk .so good but can survive,but there you go was seeing my consultant for 11 months befor he did a biopsi, but you will be fine ,you have a inner strenth and you will find it .chef its going to be a ruff ride ,but you will see light at the end of the tunnel .am at the moment trying to get my bebefits back they stoped my DLA 18 months ago took my DLA,car back .but .but l will not give in cos nothing matters any more only my 2 girls @ grand dourter so you your self .look to the children, .suvivel rate is high for our cancer . take ,email me chris-driver@hotmail.co.uk,regards chris .4 years out of chemo @ radio and going strong chris

Good morning my friends!
    Good morning Glenna, Hondo and Christopher,

Glenna good to hear from you my dear, I hope you are doing well. Welcome Christopher!

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement.

Christopher I'm terribly saddened to hear of your nerve damage. My fourteen year old son has compression fractures throughout his spine due to his leukemia and the chemo's he was administered in the beginning of his treatments three years ago. It caused significant
    neuropathy, drop foot as well as curling his toes under his feet. He too is in a wheelchair most of the time, so I truly understand somewhat of what you are going through my friend.

Some treatments can have serious side affects, I'm hoping to bypass one today as they are giving me Erbitux again after I went through a bad reaction with it last week.

My ex-wife is from North London, I'd love to go there one day.

Thank you for your email Christopher, I will try to drop you a note later.

Thank you my friends, may God BLESS YOU ALL!

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Good morning my friends!
    Good morning Glenna, Hondo and Christopher,

Glenna good to hear from you my dear, I hope you are doing well. Welcome Christopher!

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement.

Christopher I'm terribly saddened to hear of your nerve damage. My fourteen year old son has compression fractures throughout his spine due to his leukemia and the chemo's he was administered in the beginning of his treatments three years ago. It caused significant
    neuropathy, drop foot as well as curling his toes under his feet. He too is in a wheelchair most of the time, so I truly understand somewhat of what you are going through my friend.

Some treatments can have serious side affects, I'm hoping to bypass one today as they are giving me Erbitux again after I went through a bad reaction with it last week.

My ex-wife is from North London, I'd love to go there one day.

Thank you for your email Christopher, I will try to drop you a note later.

Thank you my friends, may God BLESS YOU ALL!

Mike

Great News Mike
    Great news, I'm glad things are beginning in a positive direction for you Mike.

When I was undergoing concurrent chemo and radiation, my chemo day was Monday morning, then radiation within an hour after. I had/took control of my schedule based on when I had chemo, and what worked best for my schedule. There were a few times when the y asked me to come in early for one reason or another. If I could accomodate them I would, but if not I explained that I couldn't.

When I say early though I'm talking before noon, notthing before 8:00am. My regular daily schedule was around 3:00PM for the radiation. But we had set that up before I even began. I'm sure with some communication, they can work your schedule closer to something that fits.

Glad you are fianlly getting started, hopes and prayers that the plan for Erbitux works out for you this time.

John

GLENNA M,

I love the photo of your Yellow Lab. My wife anf I had a Black (her name was Ebony) for 13+ years before she passed. She was and still is such a part of our family, gone in body, never forgotten in memory and our hearts.

We now have two Chocolate Lab sisters, Jasmine, and Kali (Kaylee)... They are such characters, the same but totally different. They are going on four now, hard to believe. These two are crazy, and always testing their limits. But thanks to Ebony, we are much wiser now to their little schemes, LOL.

Anyways, just wanted to comment on your Yellow....

John
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Great News Mike
    Great news, I'm glad things are beginning in a positive direction for you Mike.

When I was undergoing concurrent chemo and radiation, my chemo day was Monday morning, then radiation within an hour after. I had/took control of my schedule based on when I had chemo, and what worked best for my schedule. There were a few times when the y asked me to come in early for one reason or another. If I could accomodate them I would, but if not I explained that I couldn't.

When I say early though I'm talking before noon, notthing before 8:00am. My regular daily schedule was around 3:00PM for the radiation. But we had set that up before I even began. I'm sure with some communication, they can work your schedule closer to something that fits.

Glad you are fianlly getting started, hopes and prayers that the plan for Erbitux works out for you this time.

John

GLENNA M,

I love the photo of your Yellow Lab. My wife anf I had a Black (her name was Ebony) for 13+ years before she passed. She was and still is such a part of our family, gone in body, never forgotten in memory and our hearts.

We now have two Chocolate Lab sisters, Jasmine, and Kali (Kaylee)... They are such characters, the same but totally different. They are going on four now, hard to believe. These two are crazy, and always testing their limits. But thanks to Ebony, we are much wiser now to their little schemes, LOL.

Anyways, just wanted to comment on your Yellow....

John

Labs rule!!!
    John, my husband has an 8 year old black lab and mine (the yellow) is 7 years old but will go through life thinking he is still a puppy. Several veterinarians have told me that there is something about the yellow ones, they never seem to mature or mellow like the black ones. Mine are like night and day, not just in appearance but temperment also. They are like our children and we spoil them rotten, there isn't a day (especially while I was undergoing rads and chemo) that my dogs don't make me laugh. We would be lost without them.

I'm so sorry about Ebony but as you said she will always be in your hearts.

Better stop now - LOL - you get me started about my "boys" and I just go on and on and on. Just one more thing before I close, did you see on the internet that Labs have been voted the most popular breed for 19 consecutive years?? They are number one in my book.

Glenna
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Labs rule!!!
    John, my husband has an 8 year old black lab and mine (the yellow) is 7 years old but will go through life thinking he is still a puppy. Several veterinarians have told me that there is something about the yellow ones, they never seem to mature or mellow like the black ones. Mine are like night and day, not just in appearance but temperment also. They are like our children and we spoil them rotten, there isn't a day (especially while I was undergoing rads and chemo) that my dogs don't make me laugh. We would be lost without them.

Better stop now - LOL - you get me started about my "boys" and I just go on and on and on. Just one more thing before I close, did you see on the internet that Labs have been voted the most popular breed for 19 consecutive years?? They are number one in my book.

Glenna

Chocolate's
    GLENNA,

Yes, these two as Ebony are our babies....they definitely made my treatment more tolerable. I was allowied to work from home all of last year January 2nd, through Labor Day. They cuddled me, curled up next to me and babied me all day long...now they're back to their rotten spoiled lil selfs, LOL.

HONDO,

I would definitely had a hard time with that. When Ebony passed it was fairly quick. We took her to the VET knowing she was having some ungoing problems with a liver Hepetitus complication. She never suffred during her ordeal. But that last day or so, she hung on at the VET long enough for us to bring her home before she passed the next morning. Even during that time, she was going to do it her way.

We buried her in our back yard, and she's still close to us. We see her everyday in these two, but she wised us up to their little sneaky things they think they're going to get away with. She would have definitely put these two in their place, LOL.

John
  • Hondo
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Labs rule!!!

Glenna

Lab’s
    My Black Lab was 14 years old when I had to put her to sleep because of cancer, it was one of the hardest things I believe I ever had to do. I held her paw and rub her face while the Vet gave her the injection. When I saw her take her last breath it was like a knife going through my own heart. It’s been 9 years now and I have not yet been able to get another, somehow she became like one of my children.
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Chocolate's
    GLENNA,

Yes, these two as Ebony are our babies....they definitely made my treatment more tolerable. I was allowied to work from home all of last year January 2nd, through Labor Day. They cuddled me, curled up next to me and babied me all day long...now they're back to their rotten spoiled lil selfs, LOL.

HONDO,

I would definitely had a hard time with that. When Ebony passed it was fairly quick. We took her to the VET knowing she was having some ungoing problems with a liver Hepetitus complication. She never suffred during her ordeal. But that last day or so, she hung on at the VET long enough for us to bring her home before she passed the next morning. Even during that time, she was going to do it her way.

We buried her in our back yard, and she's still close to us. We see her everyday in these two, but she wised us up to their little sneaky things they think they're going to get away with. She would have definitely put these two in their place, LOL.

John

Hi Guys
    Well guys,

To keep up with this group, my son's dog's mother was a Boston Terrier and dad was believed to be a Rottweiler, which seems nearly impossible. She looks like a 50lb seal and a real sweet heart.

Today the radiation department had a problem, as they had made my mask a few days after all my teeth were removed and I was pretty swollen at that time. This morning, the mask wasn't lining up correctly. The swelling had reduced in size and they were having to run and stop the machine several times and make adjustments. They finally used tongue depressor sticks as shims to make it line up and it finally worked. Tomorrow I have to go in early so they can rerun it and me on the simulation before I get radiated.

When I went to the chemo department to get the Erbitux, they tried to access my new port for the first time and it wouldn't work. The nurse tried and tried, every time she tried to flush it I would hear a slushing sound in my ear, she got very concerned as I had a swollen area in my neck where the surgeon had tied into the main artery.

She went ahead and put in a line in my arm to get me started on the pre-Erbitux drugs. She also called the surgeon that put it in to come in and look at the problem. He eventually arrived and in trying to flush some saline he couldn't get the syringe to work and called the nurse over and she unscrewed the tip off the syringe...I knew I was screwed at that point!

He tried to flush it and I heard the slushing sound again and then had me go to have a chest and neck x-ray. It revealed that the line in the neck was all folded over and pinched off...don't these idiots test flush the port before they sew up their damned handiwork???

How stupid, he then told me he would repair it in one of his examination rooms, using a local numbing agent and a few stitches, I said "Oh Hell No"! You nick the main artery and you will not have me in an OR setting to deal with that! I refused! Now I'm having another surgery Friday so he can try to get it right. Who? me worried?

The Erbitux went good, they gave me three drugs prior to the Erbitux that put me to sleep and I didn't have any bad reactions.

The really bad news came to me as my daughter and I were having a bite to eat at the hospital's cafeteria just before leaving for home. I got a call from the kids mental health counselor.

She had just left a meeting with the kids attorney, their mother's counselor and herself, where she learned from the mother's counselor that the mother had left Washington State (across the river)and moved into an apartment complex the day after our last court hearing a few weeks ago.

The serious problem is that the the complex is next to ours and her apartment is right next door to our apartment, around 50 feet away with nothing hindering her view of our apartment, front or back. Then I was told she had become the manager there!

But it gets even better,

Her counselor, who appears to also be amazed by her craziness, also informed the group that she had informed him (her counselor) that she was watching every person that comes and goes from our apartment and the cars that leave the parking lot and that she also spies on the kids if they are outside.

The kids counselor was almost in tears as she was trying to tell me this, as she didn't want to add anymore stress to what we are already dealing with.
    She apologized over and over for having to tell and warn me of this outrageous action by the mother and that both kids were in danger.

Apparently the mother had her counselor stop at her new home before he attended the meeting to pick up a hand written letter she's mailing to the Judge. She wanted him to give a copy to the kids counselor, the kids attorney and one for me. Apparently she is telling the Judge that she did this move to keep an eye on my son's dog??????

My kids counselor made it very clear to me that if my son happens to see her it will do severe psychological harm to him and possibly undue what success he has made in getting through some of the trauma and abuse. My son does not know any of this, the counselor has called a meeting with both kids in a few days where she's going to carefully tell him and then report his reactions to the Judge. The kids attorney is going to do the same next week and submit her report and recommendations to the Judge as well.

My daughter already knows this as she heard me come unglued as I learned this from their counselor over the phone. She is now terrified, and refuses to go outside and refuses to take the dog outside to do her duty. She has absolutely no parental time or contact with either child due to the degree of abuse.

I believe this may fall under child endangerment and stalking. Will this ever end?

It's been a long long day and I'm feeling very fatigued after the radiation and Erbitux and this latest set of events.

Please keep us in your prayers my friends.

Please ask God to put the train in reverse that's coming at us at the other end of the tunnel and get it out of our way....Amen!

Mike
  • Glenna M
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi Guys
    Well guys,

To keep up with this group, my son's dog's mother was a Boston Terrier and dad was believed to be a Rottweiler, which seems nearly impossible. She looks like a 50lb seal and a real sweet heart.

Today the radiation department had a problem, as they had made my mask a few days after all my teeth were removed and I was pretty swollen at that time. This morning, the mask wasn't lining up correctly. The swelling had reduced in size and they were having to run and stop the machine several times and make adjustments. They finally used tongue depressor sticks as shims to make it line up and it finally worked. Tomorrow I have to go in early so they can rerun it and me on the simulation before I get radiated.

When I went to the chemo department to get the Erbitux, they tried to access my new port for the first time and it wouldn't work. The nurse tried and tried, every time she tried to flush it I would hear a slushing sound in my ear, she got very concerned as I had a swollen area in my neck where the surgeon had tied into the main artery.

She went ahead and put in a line in my arm to get me started on the pre-Erbitux drugs. She also called the surgeon that put it in to come in and look at the problem. He eventually arrived and in trying to flush some saline he couldn't get the syringe to work and called the nurse over and she unscrewed the tip off the syringe...I knew I was screwed at that point!

He tried to flush it and I heard the slushing sound again and then had me go to have a chest and neck x-ray. It revealed that the line in the neck was all folded over and pinched off...don't these idiots test flush the port before they sew up their damned handiwork???

How stupid, he then told me he would repair it in one of his examination rooms, using a local numbing agent and a few stitches, I said "Oh Hell No"! You nick the main artery and you will not have me in an OR setting to deal with that! I refused! Now I'm having another surgery Friday so he can try to get it right. Who? me worried?

The Erbitux went good, they gave me three drugs prior to the Erbitux that put me to sleep and I didn't have any bad reactions.

The really bad news came to me as my daughter and I were having a bite to eat at the hospital's cafeteria just before leaving for home. I got a call from the kids mental health counselor.

She had just left a meeting with the kids attorney, their mother's counselor and herself, where she learned from the mother's counselor that the mother had left Washington State (across the river)and moved into an apartment complex the day after our last court hearing a few weeks ago.

The serious problem is that the the complex is next to ours and her apartment is right next door to our apartment, around 50 feet away with nothing hindering her view of our apartment, front or back. Then I was told she had become the manager there!

But it gets even better,

Her counselor, who appears to also be amazed by her craziness, also informed the group that she had informed him (her counselor) that she was watching every person that comes and goes from our apartment and the cars that leave the parking lot and that she also spies on the kids if they are outside.

The kids counselor was almost in tears as she was trying to tell me this, as she didn't want to add anymore stress to what we are already dealing with.
    She apologized over and over for having to tell and warn me of this outrageous action by the mother and that both kids were in danger.

Apparently the mother had her counselor stop at her new home before he attended the meeting to pick up a hand written letter she's mailing to the Judge. She wanted him to give a copy to the kids counselor, the kids attorney and one for me. Apparently she is telling the Judge that she did this move to keep an eye on my son's dog??????

My kids counselor made it very clear to me that if my son happens to see her it will do severe psychological harm to him and possibly undue what success he has made in getting through some of the trauma and abuse. My son does not know any of this, the counselor has called a meeting with both kids in a few days where she's going to carefully tell him and then report his reactions to the Judge. The kids attorney is going to do the same next week and submit her report and recommendations to the Judge as well.

My daughter already knows this as she heard me come unglued as I learned this from their counselor over the phone. She is now terrified, and refuses to go outside and refuses to take the dog outside to do her duty. She has absolutely no parental time or contact with either child due to the degree of abuse.

I believe this may fall under child endangerment and stalking. Will this ever end?

It's been a long long day and I'm feeling very fatigued after the radiation and Erbitux and this latest set of events.

Please ask God to put the train in reverse that's coming at us at the other end of the tunnel and get it out of our way....Amen!

Mike

You will be in my prayers!!
    Mike, I am so sorry to hear of everything that is going wrong for you. You have enough stress in your life right now without having to deal with your ex and her craziness.

I will definitely pray for you and your children every day, I will also pray that the law can do something immediately to protect your children.

Please keep us updated as you are part of our "family" and we care very much.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • Hondo
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi Guys
    Well guys,

But it gets even better,

Mike

Daddy Mike

If it was not for bad luck, you would not have any luck at all.

I am worried about this as it will not be good for you while going through treatment. This type of stress will only hinder you in the healing process. I hope the Judge wakes up and put a restraining order out.

Will keep all of you in prayers
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi Guys
    Well guys,

But it gets even better,

Mike

Luck
    Like HONDO says, you have got to have the worst luck ever right now....

Once you make it out of the woods with all of this grief, just think of how funny it's going to be....and the stories you can tell.

Hang in there bro, concentrate on healing and recovery. That can be your greatest payback, stay alive and kicking for many years to come.

John
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Luck
    Like HONDO says, you have got to have the worst luck ever right now....

Once you make it out of the woods with all of this grief, just think of how funny it's going to be....and the stories you can tell.

Hang in there bro, concentrate on healing and recovery. That can be your greatest payback, stay alive and kicking for many years to come.

John

Thank you very much guys and
    Thank you very much guys and gals,

I wasn't going to post all that drama on here, but I was so overwhelmed by the time I got home I didn't know where else to go but to you guys.

I do worry about all this ongoing stress, which includes an incompetent surgeon as well as my ex's phyco-madness and this Fridays surgery, that I shouldn't be having to go through.

I know this stress will affect healing and just my getting some needed rest. I've been trying to sleep all night and all I could do was lie there awake and stress over her being so close to the kids and what I was going to say to the Judge.

I also learned yesterday that they are not going to do surgery to fix the torn tendons in my shoulder until September until after the radiation treatments are done. This really makes caring for my son very difficult, as well as putting an extreme amount of work and pressure on my daughter, as I can't lift anything without her help.

God's sense of humor is really starting to suck!

I'm beginning to wonder at what point does this concept that "God won't give you too much that you can't handle" actually comes into play. Is it just before you completely snap and start going postal, killing any one that has ever hurt your children?

I could handle all this crap if I didn't feel so damned bad, this is just too overwhelming.

I apologize for the bad attitude.

Thank you for being here my friends.

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

I wasn't going to post all that drama on here, but I was so overwhelmed by the time I got home I didn't know where else to go but to you guys.

I do worry about all this ongoing stress, which includes an incompetent surgeon as well as my ex's phyco-madness and this Fridays surgery, that I shouldn't be having to go through.

I know this stress will affect healing and just my getting some needed rest. I've been trying to sleep all night and all I could do was lie there awake and stress over her being so close to the kids and what I was going to say to the Judge.

I also learned yesterday that they are not going to do surgery to fix the torn tendons in my shoulder until September until after the radiation treatments are done. This really makes caring for my son very difficult, as well as putting an extreme amount of work and pressure on my daughter, as I can't lift anything without her help.

I'm beginning to wonder at what point does this concept that "God won't give you too much that you can't handle" actually comes into play. Is it just before you completely snap and start going postal, killing any one that has ever hurt your children?

I could handle all this crap if I didn't feel so damned bad, this is just too overwhelming.

Mike

PayBack
    You could always walk around in the privacy of your bedroom (if the ex has a view) completely buck nekkid or something....give her a kodak moment evey once in awhile, you know (like you need to bend over to tie the shoes or something)...

If you have my warped sense on humor, you can turn that into therapy for you, giving her a little grief in return...

JG
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

PayBack
    You could always walk around in the privacy of your bedroom (if the ex has a view) completely buck nekkid or something....give her a kodak moment evey once in awhile, you know (like you need to bend over to tie the shoes or something)...

If you have my warped sense on humor, you can turn that into therapy for you, giving her a little grief in return...

JG

LMAO
    Oh how I love your warped sense of humor!

Reading this gave me the first smile on my face in several days...thank you my friend!

Your bud
    Mike
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

LMAO
    Oh how I love your warped sense of humor!

Reading this gave me the first smile on my face in several days...thank you my friend!

Your bud
    Mike

Praying for a Break
    Mike,

I was astounded about the new medical issues that have come up for you - your bad luck during treatment just keeps sounding like something straight off a TV drama. You continuously give me a reality check when I feel like whining about my situation - Compared to you, I've been amazingly lucky.

It's horrible to hear that your ex is busy inflicting more harm on your family. Like others here, I'm hoping court officials will put some type of restraining order in place to force your evil ex to leave the area.

Very glad to hear the Erbitux went so well this time - just the start of several good breaks, I hope.

- Pam
  • Hondo
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Mike

Daddy Mike
    How was your day today, I am very worried about you because you have too much unnecessary stress in your life right now. I am here if you get depressed and need someone to talk to or a shoulder to vent your anger on.

I am looking forward to that fishing trip in Tampa with you and John, so please don’t give-up my friend. Remember this is a tunnel you are going through and it is dark all over but there are many of us here shinning the light just for you so you can make it out on the other side.
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Hondo said:

Daddy Mike
    How was your day today, I am very worried about you because you have too much unnecessary stress in your life right now. I am here if you get depressed and need someone to talk to or a shoulder to vent your anger on.

I am looking forward to that fishing trip in Tampa with you and John, so please don’t give-up my friend. Remember this is a tunnel you are going through and it is dark all over but there are many of us here shinning the light just for you so you can make it out on the other side.

Hi my friend,
    I had the

Hi my friend,

I had the surgery today to repair the port and it went very good. I learned that I can tolerate Fentanyl without causing vertigo symptoms. I can finally have some pain releif.

I contacted Child Protective Services and they immediately put us in protective care. We are being relocated. I don't know where we are going yet, we are in a Hotel until then. The kids are extremely frustrated, scared and angry at what their mother has done.

Thank you for your concern and friendship Hondo.

Mike
  • Glenna M
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi my friend,
    I had the

Hi my friend,

I had the surgery today to repair the port and it went very good. I learned that I can tolerate Fentanyl without causing vertigo symptoms. I can finally have some pain releif.

I contacted Child Protective Services and they immediately put us in protective care. We are being relocated. I don't know where we are going yet, we are in a Hotel until then. The kids are extremely frustrated, scared and angry at what their mother has done.

Thank you for your concern and friendship Hondo.

Mike

Hope things continue....
    Mike, I hope things continue to improve for you and your children. I'm happy to hear that you are being relocated to get your kids away from their mother but it is so sad that they have to give up everything because of her. She should be the one forced to move and have a restraining order to keep her away.

Also happy to hear that you can finally get some relief from your pain and that your surgery went well.

Take care and stay strong,
    Glenna
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Hope things continue....
    Mike, I hope things continue to improve for you and your children. I'm happy to hear that you are being relocated to get your kids away from their mother but it is so sad that they have to give up everything because of her. She should be the one forced to move and have a restraining order to keep her away.

Also happy to hear that you can finally get some relief from your pain and that your surgery went well.

Take care and stay strong,
    Glenna

The kids are safe!
    Hi Glenna,

It's good to hear from you. Yes, the kids are very upset at her for once again making their lives turn upside down, especially right now while I've been going through more surgeries and setbacks. I don't think they will ever forgive her for all the pain and damage she has inflicked on them. My brother called me this morning to tell me that as he was getting some groceries he realized he was looking at every woman in the grocery store, realizing that in no way could the kids ever feel safe anywhere in our neighborhood or while at any of the many different stores we frequent with her now living in the same neighborhood. He became very angry for her never-ending defiance against Court Orders. I hope the Judge will be as outragged as the kid's counselor and attorney are when the attorney asks for an emergency Status Hearing this coming week.

I am so releived that I will no longer have to endure pain from surgeries and upcoming radiation discomfort now that they have sucsessfully used Fentanyl.

I'm doing pretty good this morning, a stiff neck from the surgery, but that's all!

Thank you Glenna for being here.

Your friend

Mike
  • Glenna M
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

The kids are safe!
    Hi Glenna,

It's good to hear from you. Yes, the kids are very upset at her for once again making their lives turn upside down, especially right now while I've been going through more surgeries and setbacks. I don't think they will ever forgive her for all the pain and damage she has inflicked on them. My brother called me this morning to tell me that as he was getting some groceries he realized he was looking at every woman in the grocery store, realizing that in no way could the kids ever feel safe anywhere in our neighborhood or while at any of the many different stores we frequent with her now living in the same neighborhood. He became very angry for her never-ending defiance against Court Orders. I hope the Judge will be as outragged as the kid's counselor and attorney are when the attorney asks for an emergency Status Hearing this coming week.

I am so releived that I will no longer have to endure pain from surgeries and upcoming radiation discomfort now that they have sucsessfully used Fentanyl.

I'm doing pretty good this morning, a stiff neck from the surgery, but that's all!

Thank you Glenna for being here.

Your friend

Mike

Please stay in touch
    Hi Mike,

Happy to hear you are doing good today other than a stiff neck and that you are finally pain free.

I can't imagine what your kids are going through now, it's hard for me to fathom how a parent can inflict this kind of pain on her own kids to the point that they are afraid of her. Something is definitely wrong with this woman and, in my opinion, the courts should lock her up and have her evaluated. Maybe they could determine that she is a danger to herself or the kids and she could be put away for awhile. I hope this doesn't sound to cold hearted of me but I am a firm believer that kids come first, NO exceptions and I don't feel that the legal system is hard enough on some parents. I know it is easier for kids to have both parents in their lives but there are always exceptions and your case is one of them. Sorry but I am very opinionated when it comes to kids. I know you are doing everything you can to protect your children, now it's time for the courts to do their part.

Please keep posting so we will know how you and your kids are doing. We are all family here and care about you.

Your friend,

Glenna
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Please stay in touch
    Hi Mike,

Happy to hear you are doing good today other than a stiff neck and that you are finally pain free.

I can't imagine what your kids are going through now, it's hard for me to fathom how a parent can inflict this kind of pain on her own kids to the point that they are afraid of her. Something is definitely wrong with this woman and, in my opinion, the courts should lock her up and have her evaluated. Maybe they could determine that she is a danger to herself or the kids and she could be put away for awhile. I hope this doesn't sound to cold hearted of me but I am a firm believer that kids come first, NO exceptions and I don't feel that the legal system is hard enough on some parents. I know it is easier for kids to have both parents in their lives but there are always exceptions and your case is one of them. Sorry but I am very opinionated when it comes to kids. I know you are doing everything you can to protect your children, now it's time for the courts to do their part.

Please keep posting so we will know how you and your kids are doing. We are all family here and care about you.

Your friend,

Glenna

Dearest Glenna,My daughter
    Dearest Glenna,

My daughter was reading your post with me and when it can to where you wrote "I hope this doesn't sound to cold hearted of me" my daughter quickly said "Oh heck no!" She and I are both livid as to the serious psychological ramifications that she has put on my son.
    He has already shown signs of going backwards from the progress he had acheived through a years intense counseling. His greatest fear of being kidnapped again has returned.

I'm not sure what the Kid's attorney has planned, but I'm hopeful it will bring anymore of this behavior and unwanted contact to a final end.

I hope we get to meet you one day Glenna, I think it would be a treat for my kids.

Your friend

Mike