Diagnosed last Monday (Squamous Cell -throat cancer)

Options

Comments

• cwcad
    cwcad Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

The "big load"
    Hi guys,

I was to receive my first "big load" of Erbitux today, but an hour into the IV drip I reacted to the drug. My whole body started convulsing and shaking hard and I became very cold. I then started having bursts of pain all over my body, especially at the surgery sites, (lymph nodes, tonsils)and in my ears.

The nurse started yelling for doctors to be called in and she stopped the IV drip and began taking vitals. I thought it may have been the Benadryl drip they had given me first as it is on the "unsafe" list of drugs if you have Porphryia, but they told me they couldn't give me the Erbitux without the Benadryl, so I told then to go ahead.

When the doctors arrived they confirmed that I was experiencing a bad reaction to the Erbitux. They told me that if I had any chest pain they were going to take me to the ER. They administered another drug but I can't remember what it was, but about an hour later the shaking started to subside. They then had a Hematologist come in as he had a lot of experience with Porphryia. He told the chemo doctors to not give me any more until he has a chance to do some research, as he said the reaction could have been life threatening.
    I only got half of my first big load of Erbitux.

They did tell me to go ahead with the surgery scheduled tomorrow morning at 6:00am, to get my port put in.

I had a rough time trying to walk while leaving the hospital, since my legs and feet are already numb, the drug seemed to have interfered with what I've learned to compensate for to allow me to walk without feeling.

I made it home with my daughters help and slept for several hours. I awoke with very dry throat and mouth, but no more shaking.

That's the latest from the "How Not To Do This" poster child! LOL

Hopefully, without any more unforeseen disasters I will check in tomorrow after surgery.

Your friend

Mike

Please report after surgery!
    Please keep posting. I am amazed at your tolerance. It gives me courage to deal with my baggage as it comes. I need to adopt a new attitude. You have become my poster child for how to act. I have done the "doing" all I have to do is act upon it with a renewed attitude.

Hope to hear from you post op!!!
  • cwcad
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

The "big load"
    Hi guys,

I was to receive my first "big load" of Erbitux today, but an hour into the IV drip I reacted to the drug. My whole body started convulsing and shaking hard and I became very cold. I then started having bursts of pain all over my body, especially at the surgery sites, (lymph nodes, tonsils)and in my ears.

The nurse started yelling for doctors to be called in and she stopped the IV drip and began taking vitals. I thought it may have been the Benadryl drip they had given me first as it is on the "unsafe" list of drugs if you have Porphryia, but they told me they couldn't give me the Erbitux without the Benadryl, so I told then to go ahead.

When the doctors arrived they confirmed that I was experiencing a bad reaction to the Erbitux. They told me that if I had any chest pain they were going to take me to the ER. They administered another drug but I can't remember what it was, but about an hour later the shaking started to subside. They then had a Hematologist come in as he had a lot of experience with Porphryia. He told the chemo doctors to not give me any more until he has a chance to do some research, as he said the reaction could have been life threatening.

They did tell me to go ahead with the surgery scheduled tomorrow morning at 6:00am, to get my port put in.

I had a rough time trying to walk while leaving the hospital, since my legs and feet are already numb, the drug seemed to have interfered with what I've learned to compensate for to allow me to walk without feeling.

I made it home with my daughters help and slept for several hours. I awoke with very dry throat and mouth, but no more shaking.

Hopefully, without any more unforeseen disasters I will check in tomorrow after surgery.

Your friend

Mike

Please keep posting. I am amazed at your tolerance. It gives me courage to deal with my baggage as it comes. I need to adopt a new attitude. You have become my poster child for how to act. I have done the "doing" all I have to do is act upon it with a renewed attitude.

• Chefdaddy
    Chefdaddy Member Posts: 170
    Options
    cwcad said:

CWCAD = True Grit
    Hi CWCAD,

I've read several of your posts and I think you have a lot of "true grit" my friend.
    I know you have endured several tough events throughout your journey as well.

I tell you my friend, if I had not had this site to do all my whining, complaining and venting, I know I would have significantly suffered more, mentally and physically as they both affect one another. Here, I receive incredible support and heart felt prayers from real people, not a bunch of tongue paint like you get elsewhere.

I often tell people that I recently learned that "Murphy" is a close relative. lol

(what can go wrong, will!)

I do thank you for your very kind words CWCAD.

Today went unusually well! lol

I met my 4 year resident anesthesia doctor and had to convince him that I didn't want to just be lightly sedated for this procedure as he wanted to do. He said I would hear peoples voices during the surgery and they would numb the surgery area for pain. I explained to him that back in 1976 I had undergone knee reconstruction surgery after an accident and I woke up during the surgery two times and told him I never wanted to go through that again. After going back and forth with him he knew I wasn't going to change my mind so they used general anesthesia.

The procedure went well and I came out in recovery better than usual. I just got home and I'm doing pretty good, my neck hurts but I'm taking Loritab (Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen mixture).

As far as getting the torn tendons repaired in my shoulder, I'm told now that they may not do the surgery until after my seven weeks of radiation has been completed, due to healing problems while being radiated. This I'm not happy about as I need both hands to shower my son and lift his wheelchair. (notice the whining?)

Keep up your true grit my friend,

Your friend

Mike
  • Dazey
    Dazey Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

CWCAD = True Grit
    Hi CWCAD,

I've read several of your posts and I think you have a lot of "true grit" my friend.

I tell you my friend, if I had not had this site to do all my whining, complaining and venting, I know I would have significantly suffered more, mentally and physically as they both affect one another. Here, I receive incredible support and heart felt prayers from real people, not a bunch of tongue paint like you get elsewhere.

I often tell people that I recently learned that "Murphy" is a close relative. lol

I met my 4 year resident anesthesia doctor and had to convince him that I didn't want to just be lightly sedated for this procedure as he wanted to do. He said I would hear peoples voices during the surgery and they would numb the surgery area for pain. I explained to him that back in 1976 I had undergone knee reconstruction surgery after an accident and I woke up during the surgery two times and told him I never wanted to go through that again. After going back and forth with him he knew I wasn't going to change my mind so they used general anesthesia.

The procedure went well and I came out in recovery better than usual. I just got home and I'm doing pretty good, my neck hurts but I'm taking Loritab (Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen mixture).

As far as getting the torn tendons repaired in my shoulder, I'm told now that they may not do the surgery until after my seven weeks of radiation has been completed, due to healing problems while being radiated. This I'm not happy about as I need both hands to shower my son and lift his wheelchair. (notice the whining?)

Your friend

Mike

Abraham Lincoln
    Mike, your story is compelling - everything you are going through makes us all shake our heads in wonderment - and the wonderment is at your strength! I am reminded of the old joke about Abraham Lincoln. They were interviewing his wife and a reporter impatiently asked, "Well, aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?" My family has always used that expression. It is not meant to minimize anything, but to try to provide "comic relief" from some of the intense things we go through. The only real choice we have in battling cancer is choosing our attitude - and you, have chosen wisely! You are in the thoughts and prayers of many of us. Dazey
  • cwcad
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

CWCAD = True Grit
    Hi CWCAD,

Your friend

Mike

When it rains it pours
    Having to fight a disease is one thing. Having a shoulder problem is another. Not being able to use both arms to help another person seems like over kill. I would be frustrated beyond words. Personally I don't think that is whining. For me it sounded like the facts of the matter.

I had not considered how healing would be affected by radiation or chemo. As hard as it hit my body when I was otherwise healthy I am sure muscles, that had been reconstructed, could be something that could stall healing and take needed energy which could be utilized to fight the poison's that they are radiating and injecting into you as you battle your cancer. And you still have time to think of others. WOW!

It is all in the attitude...is it not? Keep up the good work.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

The "big load"
    Hi guys,

Your friend

Mike

Half Loaded
    Well I guess you can look on the bright side, you only got half loaded Mike....

Maybe this was just a little test or trial run, hopefully things will smooth out for you Mike, God knows you need his healing hand.

Stay in touch friend and please keep us posted.

Mike, you're the man, you can handle it, and defeat it, stay strong bud.

John
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Half Loaded
    Well I guess you can look on the bright side, you only got half loaded Mike....

Maybe this was just a little test or trial run, hopefully things will smooth out for you Mike, God knows you need his healing hand.

Stay in touch friend and please keep us posted.

Mike, you're the man, you can handle it, and defeat it, stay strong bud.

John

My friends
    Hi Dazey, CWCAD and John,

Dazey,
    I've never heard the Abraham Lincoln story before, I liked it! We do a lot of comic relief in our house, it has helped a lot in the kids healing process from all the abuse they went through. They are handling life a little better now.

CWCAD,
    I'm looking forward to the Monsoon stopping so I can enjoy some sunlight. It does get overwhelming at times, but you and all my other friends here make each day tolerable.
    Besides having faith and trust in God the biggest strength I have is my son, his body pain is chronic, the pain meds are not working anymore and he only sleeps a few hours a night because of his spine and body pain. The three years of chemo everyday has done it's damage yet has put him in remission. When this boy see's that I'm in pain he works his way over to me, which isn't easy in braces and a twisted spine, and he puts his arm around me and say's "Love ya pops" and I melt. He gives me so much strength. God blessed me with two wonderful kids.

John buddy,
    I offered to the doctor to switch over to bourbon in the IV but he didn't agree. I'm not getting any indication yet from the doctors if they are going to try the Erbitux again and risk a heart attack or switch me over to chemo. I got a call from the chemo doctors nurse last night and she didn't think he would risk it but wasn't sure. From what she told me the reaction I had was more serious than I had thought. I need to start reading the fine print a little better LOL

I'm a silly mess today, I can't lift either arm up to my face, they placed the port high up on my upper right side chest, across from my shoulder. From there they went into my neck.
    I will be glad when the chest and neck areas heal, trying to eat looks funny, makes the kids giggle anyway.

Thank you my good friends for always being here for me.

May God Richly Bless you and yours

Mike
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hondo said:

John
    I agree you are a Character

Take care my friend

Just starting this road
    I am just starting this path..Your posts are helpful, and my prayers go out to us all!!

NPC T1 N0 IMRT with amifostine daily(7 done, 28 to go)
    Any suggestions on making water and salt washes more palatable?
    Sincerely,
    Stacey
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

My friends
    Hi Dazey, CWCAD and John,

Dazey,
    I've never heard the Abraham Lincoln story before, I liked it! We do a lot of comic relief in our house, it has helped a lot in the kids healing process from all the abuse they went through. They are handling life a little better now.

CWCAD,
    I'm looking forward to the Monsoon stopping so I can enjoy some sunlight. It does get overwhelming at times, but you and all my other friends here make each day tolerable.
    Besides having faith and trust in God the biggest strength I have is my son, his body pain is chronic, the pain meds are not working anymore and he only sleeps a few hours a night because of his spine and body pain. The three years of chemo everyday has done it's damage yet has put him in remission. When this boy see's that I'm in pain he works his way over to me, which isn't easy in braces and a twisted spine, and he puts his arm around me and say's "Love ya pops" and I melt. He gives me so much strength. God blessed me with two wonderful kids.

John buddy,
    I offered to the doctor to switch over to bourbon in the IV but he didn't agree. I'm not getting any indication yet from the doctors if they are going to try the Erbitux again and risk a heart attack or switch me over to chemo. I got a call from the chemo doctors nurse last night and she didn't think he would risk it but wasn't sure. From what she told me the reaction I had was more serious than I had thought. I need to start reading the fine print a little better LOL

I'm a silly mess today, I can't lift either arm up to my face, they placed the port high up on my upper right side chest, across from my shoulder. From there they went into my neck.
    I will be glad when the chest and neck areas heal, trying to eat looks funny, makes the kids giggle anyway.

Thank you my good friends for always being here for me.

May God Richly Bless you and yours

Mike

Port Location
    Mike,

Hopefully they (and I'm sure) they'll find a good mix for you....

My port is pretty high also, I think they originally intended to put it on my left side as I'm right handed. But I had a motorcycle accident several years ago and dislocated my collar bone. When they put it back they had to operate and cut from the top of my shoulder down several inches on my chest and tie the collar bone down to a hinge on the breast plate. It's a fairly common operation and easily spotted. I can't think of anyone specific now, but I always notice it on movie/TV stars when they're without shirts.

Anyways, they located my port on the right side probably about 1 1/2" from center chest and down about an inch from where you can feel your collar bone.

I hope you get started soon, I know it seems to drag at this point, once you get started it's easier to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

John
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Port Location
    Mike,

Hopefully they (and I'm sure) they'll find a good mix for you....

My port is pretty high also, I think they originally intended to put it on my left side as I'm right handed. But I had a motorcycle accident several years ago and dislocated my collar bone. When they put it back they had to operate and cut from the top of my shoulder down several inches on my chest and tie the collar bone down to a hinge on the breast plate. It's a fairly common operation and easily spotted. I can't think of anyone specific now, but I always notice it on movie/TV stars when they're without shirts.

Anyways, they located my port on the right side probably about 1 1/2" from center chest and down about an inch from where you can feel your collar bone.

I hope you get started soon, I know it seems to drag at this point, once you get started it's easier to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

John

Hi John,
    That had to really

Hi John,

That had to really hurt, I've known a couple guys that had that operation back from my old days of circle track motorcycle racing. I had an old 850 snort'n Norton.

I think my port is just about where yours is located. Did they go from there up into your neck or over to the side? My son's port went from the center of his chest to the side.

All that's happened to prolong getting the treatments started and now to finally start the first treatment and then have a bad reaction is very frustrating.

My biggest concern I have is that the doctors might choose to not do any treatment, Erbitux or chemo, just hoping they got it all in the surgeries. I wouldn't feel safe with that.

It's becoming a long weekend waiting to find out hopefully Monday or Tuesday what they intend to do.

I'm to start radiation on Wednesday, barring I don't have some stupid reaction and turn into something from a bad Sci-Fi movie. LOL

Seems like the light at the other end of the tunnel has been another train! LOL

Oh well, makes life more interesting!

Take care my friend

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi John,
    That had to really

Hi John,

That had to really hurt, I've known a couple guys that had that operation back from my old days of circle track motorcycle racing. I had an old 850 snort'n Norton.

I think my port is just about where yours is located. Did they go from there up into your neck or over to the side? My son's port went from the center of his chest to the side.

All that's happened to prolong getting the treatments started and now to finally start the first treatment and then have a bad reaction is very frustrating.

My biggest concern I have is that the doctors might choose to not do any treatment, Erbitux or chemo, just hoping they got it all in the surgeries. I wouldn't feel safe with that.

It's becoming a long weekend waiting to find out hopefully Monday or Tuesday what they intend to do.

I'm to start radiation on Wednesday, barring I don't have some stupid reaction and turn into something from a bad Sci-Fi movie. LOL

Seems like the light at the other end of the tunnel has been another train! LOL

Oh well, makes life more interesting!

Take care my friend

Mike

Shoulder Injury
    Mike,

The shoulder injury did hurt for a long time. Even though they didn't cut into muscle, it still would ache. They had my arm bent and strapped to my chest to prevent movement and ecess calcium build up... it use to hurt a lot for several years, but that was 30 years ago almost, it doesn't bother me to much any longer.

Your regime' is a little diffrent than mine. I didn't have a dissection, I had nine weeks of three types of chemo up front and then seven weeks of low dose chemo and rads concurrently.

I was lucky, I didn't have a reaction to any of that. Just in the latter stages of the radiation I had a reaction to the Amifostine. But I only had about five5 days to go so I stopped the Amifostine and finished the remaining five rads....

Hoping to hear something positive for you soon, hang in there and try to enjoy the little freedom you have att he moment...

John
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Shoulder Injury
    Mike,

The shoulder injury did hurt for a long time. Even though they didn't cut into muscle, it still would ache. They had my arm bent and strapped to my chest to prevent movement and ecess calcium build up... it use to hurt a lot for several years, but that was 30 years ago almost, it doesn't bother me to much any longer.

Your regime' is a little diffrent than mine. I didn't have a dissection, I had nine weeks of three types of chemo up front and then seven weeks of low dose chemo and rads concurrently.

I was lucky, I didn't have a reaction to any of that. Just in the latter stages of the radiation I had a reaction to the Amifostine. But I only had about five5 days to go so I stopped the Amifostine and finished the remaining five rads....

Hoping to hear something positive for you soon, hang in there and try to enjoy the little freedom you have att he moment...

John

Hi John,
    You described

Hi John,

You described exactly what my fellow racers went through after their injuries.

I'll let you know what the doctors have decided to do with me as soon as I find out!

Have a good night.

Mike
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    staceya said:

Just starting this road
    I am just starting this path..Your posts are helpful, and my prayers go out to us all!!

NPC T1 N0 IMRT with amifostine daily(7 done, 28 to go)
    Any suggestions on making water and salt washes more palatable?
    Sincerely,
    Stacey

Hi staceya
    Welcome to CSN, there are quite a few of us here now with NPC, I am about 8 years passed my first fight with the stuff and Kent is a little more then a years passed treatment. There are about 5 others like you just starting on the road.

You just finished your first week; things will be ok till the 3rd or 4th week before you start feeling the bunt of the treatment, just hold on because there is life at the end of the tunnel.

Ask your doctor about Magic mouthwash worked great for me.

God bless and keep you
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Salt Water Washes
    Hi Staceya,

I used both hydrogen peroxide and baking soda washes (mouth rinsing), it was still kind of nasty, all I could taste was that it seemed...at one time even water tasted like sweat.

Keep an eye on your Amifostine Injections and Rads...around day 29 or 30 I started getting sever temperature swings...anywhere fro 96.7 - 102.8. I finally stopped the Amifositine so I could wipe out the remaing few rads.......

Good Luck & Good Bless,
    John
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Salt Water Washes
    Hi Staceya,

I used both hydrogen peroxide and baking soda washes (mouth rinsing), it was still kind of nasty, all I could taste was that it seemed...at one time even water tasted like sweat.

Keep an eye on your Amifostine Injections and Rads...around day 29 or 30 I started getting sever temperature swings...anywhere fro 96.7 - 102.8. I finally stopped the Amifositine so I could wipe out the remaing few rads.......

Good Luck & Good Bless,
    John

Another trip to the ER
    Hi guys,

This morning, I once again awoke to increasing pain in my gums. I took a closer look in the mirror and I noticed what appeared to be boils on my gums. I tried calling the oral surgeons office, but the are closed on weekends and they didn't have anyone covering at the hospital.

I then called the ER and told them what I saw and that I am to start radiation on Wednesday and I am very concerned about possibly having an infection in my mouth. They suggested that I come in, so I took my daughter and went in.

After 4 hours, I finally learned that I not only have an infection in my gums, but I also have ear infections, which might explain some of the horrible ear pain episodes that I have been complaining about for the last month and a half!

The doctors put me on Penicillin and told me to continue with any of the several pain meds I already have at home. They didn't think the penicillin wouldn't interfere with the radiation.

As we were driving home I stopped by a restaurant, owned by a friend, who had asked me if I would look at a piece of equipment that's having electrical problems. While looking at the wiring, I started sweating profusely, became extremely dizzy, naucious, unable to stand and then threw up in his garbage can. (very professional) I don't know if an infection can cause this quick of a reaction, or if I'm still reacting to the Erbitux.

Confused!

Your friend

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Cancer Card
    Mike,

No apologies needed....LOL, I read somewhere that you can always pull out the cancer card when needed..... I had to use it once when going in for a conference thatI was a few minutes late for....of course I was day dreaming and noticed that I came upon a police officer in a known speed area. I pulled over immediately once I passed him and saw him pull out...when talking and looking at my paperwork, he commented on how much different I looked thatn my photo..."Bingo", my opportunity to pull out the cancer card.

I told him about the ordeal and that I rarely go into work because of working from home, I simply wasn't paying attention to my speed thinking about a meeting (I was only going something like 42 in a 35).

Anyways, he basically told me to be careful and pay attention the my speed and let me go....

Soooo, hey you are intitled to feeling nasty with all you are going through...(which seems like it never ends at the moment). I'm sure between stress, lack of nutrition, meds and everything else, that's more than likely what added to you becoming ill. I know when I was weak from not eating much and the rest of the cocktails I was on, I would get very sweaty and weak with very little energy expenditure.

Hang in there buddy, it's got to start getting better for you soon.

John
  • Chefdaddy
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Cancer Card
    Mike,

No apologies needed....LOL, I read somewhere that you can always pull out the cancer card when needed..... I had to use it once when going in for a conference thatI was a few minutes late for....of course I was day dreaming and noticed that I came upon a police officer in a known speed area. I pulled over immediately once I passed him and saw him pull out...when talking and looking at my paperwork, he commented on how much different I looked thatn my photo..."Bingo", my opportunity to pull out the cancer card.

I told him about the ordeal and that I rarely go into work because of working from home, I simply wasn't paying attention to my speed thinking about a meeting (I was only going something like 42 in a 35).

Anyways, he basically told me to be careful and pay attention the my speed and let me go....

Soooo, hey you are intitled to feeling nasty with all you are going through...(which seems like it never ends at the moment). I'm sure between stress, lack of nutrition, meds and everything else, that's more than likely what added to you becoming ill. I know when I was weak from not eating much and the rest of the cocktails I was on, I would get very sweaty and weak with very little energy expenditure.

Hang in there buddy, it's got to start getting better for you soon.

John

Hi John,
    I Had a good day

Hi John,

I Had a good day today!!!! I had a great session with my new diabetes doctor. He was amazing as I spelled out my lengthy medical history to him and I could tell he was actually paying attention to each and every word I said by the questions he asked me back. A new experience!

He did an excellent job of describing and explaining to me everything related to my diabetes and what his approach will be to control it.

He then had me sit with his nutritionist and she was excellent as well. I left there feeling I had actually moved forward instead of the usual three feet back.

I then got a call from the chemo doctor's and they decided to try to give me Erbitux again but they are planning to administer three medications before the Erbitux to hopefully keep me from going into another bad reaction.

Tomorrow is the beginning of my radiation, as well as getting the Erbitux again, so they decided to move my pre-scheduled late afternoon Erbitux session to an early morning time, before my radiation session, in case I have a bad reaction it will allow them more time to deal with it, as they close at 5:00pm.

What I don't understand is that they have me scheduled this Thursday and Friday at 5:00am for radiation. Is that normal to be scheduled so early in the morning? I have to make special arrangements for someone to be here with my son at that hour.

Hopefully I will get it changed to a later hour.

Well my friend, I'm going to grab a few hours sleep.

Take care

Mike
  • christopher1
    christopher1 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    hi there
    hi there keep going my frend had chemo@radio for 3 months @ a peg in for 10 months due not been able to eat .am coming up 4 years out of chemo @ radio .now have ,nerve damage in neck and spine this l; think due to trteatment .but they wont admit it ..and carnt walk .so good but can survive,but there you go was seeing my consultant for 11 months befor he did a biopsi, but you will be fine ,you have a inner strenth and you will find it .chef its going to be a ruff ride ,but you will see light at the end of the tunnel .am at the moment trying to get my bebefits back they stoped my DLA 18 months ago took my DLA,car back .but .but l will not give in cos nothing matters any more only my 2 girls @ grand dourter so you your self .look to the children, .suvivel rate is high for our cancer . take ,email me chris-driver@hotmail.co.uk,regards chris .4 years out of chemo @ radio and going strong chris
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi John,
    I Had a good day

Hi John,

I Had a good day today!!!! I had a great session with my new diabetes doctor. He was amazing as I spelled out my lengthy medical history to him and I could tell he was actually paying attention to each and every word I said by the questions he asked me back. A new experience!

He did an excellent job of describing and explaining to me everything related to my diabetes and what his approach will be to control it.

He then had me sit with his nutritionist and she was excellent as well. I left there feeling I had actually moved forward instead of the usual three feet back.

I then got a call from the chemo doctor's and they decided to try to give me Erbitux again but they are planning to administer three medications before the Erbitux to hopefully keep me from going into another bad reaction.

Tomorrow is the beginning of my radiation, as well as getting the Erbitux again, so they decided to move my pre-scheduled late afternoon Erbitux session to an early morning time, before my radiation session, in case I have a bad reaction it will allow them more time to deal with it, as they close at 5:00pm.

What I don't understand is that they have me scheduled this Thursday and Friday at 5:00am for radiation. Is that normal to be scheduled so early in the morning? I have to make special arrangements for someone to be here with my son at that hour.

Take care

Mike

Congratulations
    Congratulations Mike. Yours was the first post I read this morning and it's always good to start the day with such good news.

Good luck with your treatments, I'm sure you will do fine.

Stay strong and keep smiling,
    Glenna
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Chefdaddy said:

Hi John,
    I Had a good day

Hi John,

Take care

Mike

Daddy Mike

As you start your treatment you and your children will be in my prayers, God bless and keep you my friend