PUMPKIN SQUARES
    1 1/3 CUPS SUGAR
    2 TSP. CINNAMON
    1/2 TSP. NUTMEG
    1/2 TSP.GINGER
    1/4 TSP.ALLSPICE
    1/2 TSP. SALT
    4 EGGS
    1 - 29 OZ. CAN PUMPKIN (NOT PIE FILLING)
    1 - 12 OZ. CAN EVAPORATED MILK
    1 YELLOW CAKE MIX
    1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)
    3/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER

MIX TOGETHER SUGAR,CINNAMON,NUTMEG,GINGER,ALLSPICE,AND SALT. ADD EGGS AND MIX WITH SPOON. ADD PUMPKIN AND EVAPORATED MILK. MIX. PUT WAX PAPER INTO A WELL GREASED 13X9 IN. PAN. POUR IN PUMPKIN MIXTURE. SPRINKLE CAKE MIX OVER THE PUMPKIN MIXTURE AND SPRINKLE WITH NUTS OVER THE CAKE MIX.DRIZZLE MELTED BUTTER ON TOP. BAKE AT 350 FOR 1 HOUR. COOL SOMEWHAT, THEN INVERT PAN ONTO SERVING DISH. COOL COMPLETELY. CUT INTO SQUARES.

Diane
    I made these and not only are they good, but, my house smelled GREAT!

Thanks for posting this recipe! I love all of the recipes on here!

Leeza
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

TEXAS HASH
    1 LB HAMBURGER
    1 SMALL ONION
    2 CUPS TOMATOES
    1 CUP RICE ( UNCOOKED )
    1 TSP. CHILI POWDER
    2 TSP. SALT
    1/8 TSP. PEPPER

BROWN HAMBURGER UNTIL IT FALLS APART AND DRAIN. DICE AND COOK ONION UNTIL YELLOW. THEN, ADD IT TO THE HAMBURGER ALONG WITH THE TOMATOES, RICE AND SEASONINGS. POUR INTO A GREASED 2 QUART CASSEROLE. COVER AND BAKE IN 350 DEGREE OVEN FOR 1 HOUR, REMOVING THE COVER THE LAST 15 MINUTES.

I made this hash and it was
    I made this hash and it was so good and so easy.

Thanks Noel for continuing this!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

Diane

Leeza

there is a good recipe on
    there is a good recipe on the stovetop stuffing box for chicken, cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies thyme, and cover it with the stovetop simple but comforting. and esy on the stomach.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    carkris said:

there is a good recipe on
    there is a good recipe on the stovetop stuffing box for chicken, cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies thyme, and cover it with the stovetop simple but comforting. and esy on the stomach.

Thanks Carkris!
    Your recipe sounds good and easy. And, easy is what I like. I will try this soon.

Angie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

My tummy will be smiling! ☻
    I always loved this thread Noel. Thanks for continuing it! I will post some recipes later.

Love, Jeanne ♥

Five Hour Stew - So Easy To Fix
    3 lb. chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
    6 - 8 carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces
    8 - 10 potatoes, cut in cubes
    4 onions ( medium ), cut in halves
    1 can tomatoes ( juice and all )
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    1 Tbsp. salt
    3 Tbsp. Minute tapioca
    1 bouillon cube in 1 cup of water

Put into heavy pot in the order given. Bake at 275 degrees for 5 hours.

What could be easier and it is good!
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Noel said:

BAKED POTATO SOUP
    1/2 CUP MARGARINE
    7 CUPS MILK
    4 GREEN ONIONS, CHOPPED
    12 BACON STRIPS, CRUMBLED
    8 0UNCES SOUR CREAM
    2/3 CUP FLOUR
    4 LARGE POTATOES, BAKED AND CUBED ( APPROX. 4 CUPS )
    1 1/4 CUP CHEDDAR CHEESE
    SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE

IN LARGE DUTCH OVEN, MELT BUTTER. STIR IN FLOUR SLOWLY. HEAT UNTIL SMOOTH. STIR IN MILK, STIRRING CONSTANTLY UNTIL THICKENED. ADD POTATOES AND ONIONS. BRING TO BOIL, STIRRING CONSTANTLY. REDUCE HEAT; SIMMER 10 MINUTES. ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS. STIR UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED. SERVE IMMEDIATELY.

MAKES 2 1/2 QUARTS. 8 - 10 SERVINGS

I made this potato soup and
    I made this potato soup and my husband loved it! And, he isn't a big soup man.

Thanks for the recipe Noel!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Turkey Gumbo
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup flour
    2 cups chopped onion
    1 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 lb smoked sausage sliced
    1 lb turkey meat
    1 lb frozen okra
    1 cup chopped tomato (canned or fresh)
    1 cup rotel
    4 cups turkey or chicken stock
    3 bay leaves
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper

Heat oil in heavy bottomed skillet on medium. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring almost continuously, to make a dark brown roux (a little darker than peanut butter). Remove pan from heat and add onion, bell pepper, and celery and stir. Scrape the contents into slow cooker along with all other ingredients. Cook on high for 5 1/2 hrs or on low for 10-11 hrs. Serve over rice. Also, I like to add a little Crystal or Tabasco hot sauce at the table.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Crockpot Turkey Gumbo
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup flour
    2 cups chopped onion
    1 cup chopped green pepper
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 lb smoked sausage sliced
    1 lb turkey meat
    1 lb frozen okra
    1 cup chopped tomato (canned or fresh)
    1 cup rotel
    4 cups turkey or chicken stock
    3 bay leaves
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper

Heat oil in heavy bottomed skillet on medium. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring almost continuously, to make a dark brown roux (a little darker than peanut butter). Remove pan from heat and add onion, bell pepper, and celery and stir. Scrape the contents into slow cooker along with all other ingredients. Cook on high for 5 1/2 hrs or on low for 10-11 hrs. Serve over rice. Also, I like to add a little Crystal or Tabasco hot sauce at the table.

YUM! This will be great for
    YUM! This will be great for leftover turkey on Thanksgiving! Thanks Cynthia!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci's Potato-Leek Soup
    I have a hard time eating any vegetables for about a week after each chemo, and many of you suggested potatoes, potatoes, potatoes. I’ve made this delicious soup for many years, and it freezes and reheats very well, so I made a batch and froze it in individual portions. It was perfect after chemo -- so easy to just take out of the freezer and heat in the microwave when I didn’t feel like cooking anything, and easy on my stomach, too.

4 large leeks
    2 tablespoons butter
    about 4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth (you may need a little more or less)
    2 large russet potatoes
    1 cup milk (optional)
    Freshly ground black pepper

Garnishes:
    Chopped fresh chives or green onions
    Grated cheddar cheese

Cut off the stalk of each leek (discard the leafy part), wash very thoroughly, and slice into thin slices.

Wash and peel potatoes, but leave some skin on. Dice.

Sauté leeks in butter over medium heat in large saucepan or small stockpot until tender, but do not brown.

Add broth and potatoes, cover pot and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.

Add milk, if using. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Purée soup with immersion/hand blender or in batches in the blender -- I like to leave it a little chunky. Return pureed soup to pot and heat through. Sprinkle with chives, green onion, and/or grated cheese and serve.

Serves 3, as a main dish

This is Traci's good soup
    This is Traci's good soup recipe!

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    chickad52 said:

PUMPKIN SQUARES
    1 1/3 CUPS SUGAR
    2 TSP. CINNAMON
    1/2 TSP. NUTMEG
    1/2 TSP.GINGER
    1/4 TSP.ALLSPICE
    1/2 TSP. SALT
    4 EGGS
    1 - 29 OZ. CAN PUMPKIN (NOT PIE FILLING)
    1 - 12 OZ. CAN EVAPORATED MILK
    1 YELLOW CAKE MIX
    1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)
    3/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER

MIX TOGETHER SUGAR,CINNAMON,NUTMEG,GINGER,ALLSPICE,AND SALT. ADD EGGS AND MIX WITH SPOON. ADD PUMPKIN AND EVAPORATED MILK. MIX. PUT WAX PAPER INTO A WELL GREASED 13X9 IN. PAN. POUR IN PUMPKIN MIXTURE. SPRINKLE CAKE MIX OVER THE PUMPKIN MIXTURE AND SPRINKLE WITH NUTS OVER THE CAKE MIX.DRIZZLE MELTED BUTTER ON TOP. BAKE AT 350 FOR 1 HOUR. COOL SOMEWHAT, THEN INVERT PAN ONTO SERVING DISH. COOL COMPLETELY. CUT INTO SQUARES.

Yum Diane
    I am going to make these for Thanksgiving Diane! They sound great!

Lex♥
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Yum Diane
    I am going to make these for Thanksgiving Diane! They sound great!

Lex♥

Lex
    Just like pumpkin pie but easier. Everyone loves them, unfortunely my taste hasn't improved yet so I haven't been able to enjoy them!! Hugs, Diane
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    jnl said:

Diane

Leeza

Leeza
    Glad you enjoyed them!! Hugs, Diane
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    DianeBC said:

YUM! This will be great for
    YUM! This will be great for leftover turkey on Thanksgiving! Thanks Cynthia!

Hugs, Diane ♥

I hope that we will post
    I hope that we will post some Thanksgiving or good Christmas recipes on here. I will get mine out and post some.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

I hope that we will post
    I hope that we will post some Thanksgiving or good Christmas recipes on here. I will get mine out and post some.

Thanksgiving Turkey!
    This is one of the top-rated Thanksgiving turkey recipes on epicurious.com. Gobble, gobble!

Tom Colicchio's Herb-Butter Turkey

Gravy base
    2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
    2 pounds turkey necks and/or wings
    2 cups diced onions
    1 cup diced peeled carrots
    1 cup diced celery
    6 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth

Turkey
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature, divided
    2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme plus 15 fresh thyme sprigs
    2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon plus 5 large fresh tarragon sprigs
    2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary plus 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
    2 teaspoons minced fresh sage plus 5 fresh sage sprigs

1 14- to 16-pound turkey

4 cups low-salt chicken broth, divided

1/4 cup all purpose flour
    print a shopping list for this recipe

Preparation For gravy base:
    Melt butter in heavy large deep skillet over high heat. Add turkey necks and/or wings and sauté until deep brown, about 15 minutes. Add onions, carrots, and celery and sauté until vegetables are deep brown, about 15 minutes. Add 6 cups chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Pour gravy base through strainer set over 4-cup measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid. If necessary, add enough chicken broth to gravy base to measure 4 cups. (Gravy base can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm before using.)

For turkey:
    Mix 1/2 cup butter and all minced herbs in small bowl; season herb butter with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 generous tablespoons to another small bowl and reserve for gravy; let stand at room temperature.

Set rack at lowest position in oven and preheat to 425°F. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry. Starting at neck end, slide hand between skin and breast meat to loosen skin. Rub 4 tablespoons herb butter over breast meat under skin. Place turkey on rack set in large roasting pan. Sprinkle main cavity generously with salt and pepper. Place 4 tablespoons plain butter and all fresh herb sprigs in main cavity. Tuck wing tips under. Tie legs together loosely. Rub remaining herb butter over outside of turkey. Sprinkle turkey generously with salt and pepper.

Place turkey in oven and roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast turkey 30 minutes; pour 1 cup broth over and add 1 tablespoon plain butter to roasting pan. Roast turkey 30 minutes; baste with pan juices, then pour 1 cup broth over and add 1 tablespoon butter to pan. Cover turkey loosely with foil. Roast turkey until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, basting with pan juices and adding 1 cup broth and 1 tablespoon butter to pan every 45 minutes, about 1 hour 45 minutes longer. Transfer turkey to platter; let stand 30 minutes (internal temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees).

Strain pan juices into bowl; whisk in gravy base. Melt reserved 2 tablespoons herb butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat; add flour and whisk constantly until roux is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Gradually add pan juice-gravy base mixture; increase heat and whisk constantly until gravy thickens, boils, and is smooth. Reduce heat to medium; boil gently until gravy is reduced to 4 1/2 cups, whisking often, about 10 minutes. Season gravy with salt and pepper.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanksgiving Turkey!
    This is one of the top-rated Thanksgiving turkey recipes on epicurious.com. Gobble, gobble!

Gravy base
    2 cups diced onions
    1 cup diced celery

Turkey

1 14- to 16-pound turkey

Melt butter in heavy large deep skillet over high heat. Add turkey necks and/or wings and sauté until deep brown, about 15 minutes. Add onions, carrots, and celery and sauté until vegetables are deep brown, about 15 minutes. Add 6 cups chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Pour gravy base through strainer set over 4-cup measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid. If necessary, add enough chicken broth to gravy base to measure 4 cups. (Gravy base can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and keep chilled. Rewarm before using.)

For turkey:
    Mix 1/2 cup butter and all minced herbs in small bowl; season herb butter with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 generous tablespoons to another small bowl and reserve for gravy; let stand at room temperature.

Set rack at lowest position in oven and preheat to 425°F. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry. Starting at neck end, slide hand between skin and breast meat to loosen skin. Rub 4 tablespoons herb butter over breast meat under skin. Place turkey on rack set in large roasting pan. Sprinkle main cavity generously with salt and pepper. Place 4 tablespoons plain butter and all fresh herb sprigs in main cavity. Tuck wing tips under. Tie legs together loosely. Rub remaining herb butter over outside of turkey. Sprinkle turkey generously with salt and pepper.

Place turkey in oven and roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast turkey 30 minutes; pour 1 cup broth over and add 1 tablespoon plain butter to roasting pan. Roast turkey 30 minutes; baste with pan juices, then pour 1 cup broth over and add 1 tablespoon butter to pan. Cover turkey loosely with foil. Roast turkey until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 175°F, basting with pan juices and adding 1 cup broth and 1 tablespoon butter to pan every 45 minutes, about 1 hour 45 minutes longer. Transfer turkey to platter; let stand 30 minutes (internal temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees).

Strain pan juices into bowl; whisk in gravy base. Melt reserved 2 tablespoons herb butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat; add flour and whisk constantly until roux is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Gradually add pan juice-gravy base mixture; increase heat and whisk constantly until gravy thickens, boils, and is smooth. Reduce heat to medium; boil gently until gravy is reduced to 4 1/2 cups, whisking often, about 10 minutes. Season gravy with salt and pepper.

YUM!
    This is a great recipe Mimi! I will check out this website too. Thanks! Kristin ♥
  • Angie2U
    Options
    Kristin N said:

YUM!
    This is a great recipe Mimi! I will check out this website too. Thanks! Kristin ♥

MUSHROOM TURKEY DRESSING
    1 cup oleo
    2 ( 4 oz. ) cans mushrooms
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup soft bread, cubed
    1 cup finely diced celery
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. poultry seasoning

Melt oleo in deep kettle. Drain mushrooms ( reserve liquid ). Add mushrooms and onion to melted oleo. Cook until tender but not brown. Add bread crumbs, celery and seasoning, mix lightly. To make moist dressing, add giblet stock and mushroom liquid. This is enough dressing for a 15 pound turkey. Increase recipe by 1/2 for a 20 pound turkey.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanksgiving Turkey!

Gravy base
    2 cups diced onions
    1 cup diced celery

Turkey

1 14- to 16-pound turkey

For turkey:

Holiday recipes
    I was hoping to see some Thanksgiving or Holiday recipes on here. Thanks for posting them.

Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    Alexis F said:

PRETZEL SALAD
    1 1/4 CUP CRUSHED PRETZELS
    1/2 CUP SUGAR
    1/3 CUP OLEO, MELTED
    8 OZ. CREAM CHEESE
    1 ( 9 OZ ) CARTON COOL WHIP
    1/2 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
    2 SMALL PKG. STRAWBERRY JELLO
    2 CUP HOT WATER
    1 ( 16 OZ. ) PKG. FROZEN STRAWBERRIES, SWEETENED ( UNDRAINED AND UNTHAWED )
    1 CUP CRUSED PINEAPPLE

MIX FIRST 3 INGREDIENTS AND PUT INTO 9 X 13 INCH PAN. BAKE 10 MINUTES AT 350 DEGREES AND COOL.
    MIX TOGETHER THE NEXT 3 INGREDIENTS AND LAYER THEM OVER THE PRETZEL MIXTURE.
    MIX TOGETHER THE LAST 4 INGREDIENTS. WHEN PARTIALLY SET, POUR OVER CREAM CHEESE LAYER. REFIRGERATE AND ENJOY!

I know this might seem odd,
    I know this might seem odd, but, I am making this pretzel salad for Thanksgiving. It really sounds good and something different. We will see.

HUGS!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Angie2U said:

MUSHROOM TURKEY DRESSING
    1 cup oleo
    2 ( 4 oz. ) cans mushrooms
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup soft bread, cubed
    1 cup finely diced celery
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. poultry seasoning

Melt oleo in deep kettle. Drain mushrooms ( reserve liquid ). Add mushrooms and onion to melted oleo. Cook until tender but not brown. Add bread crumbs, celery and seasoning, mix lightly. To make moist dressing, add giblet stock and mushroom liquid. This is enough dressing for a 15 pound turkey. Increase recipe by 1/2 for a 20 pound turkey.

Sounds good Angie and just
    Sounds good Angie and just in time for Thanksgiving. Thanks!

Susie
  • Angie2U
    Options

Tailgater's Chili
    2 LB ROUND STEAK, CUT INTO 1/2 INCH PIECES
    1 ( 20 OZ. ) CAN KIDNEY BEANS, DRAINED
    3 TBSP. CHOPPED GREEN CHILIES

MIX TOGETHER. ADD TO ABOVE:

1 ENVELOPE DRY ONION SOUP
    1 ( 8 OZ. ) CAN TOMATO SAUCE
    1 CAN OF BEER
    1 1/2 TSP. CHILI POWDER

MIX ALL OF THE ABOVE TOGETHER AND BAKE 1 1/2 HOURS AT 350. REMOVE FROM OVEN.

MIX 1 PACKAGE OF CORN BREAD MIX AS DIRECTED, ADDING 1 CUP SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE. BAKE AN ADDITIONAL 25 MINUTES OR UNTIL BROWN.

chili
    I am making this chili today! I printed off all of these recipes and am going to give them to my friends and family. They are all great, not that I have tried all of them yet, but, I will. Love this thread! Thanks for it Noel!

Angie