◄◄◄ LET'S SHARE RECIPES CONTINUED ☼ PART 2 ►►►

Options

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    These recipes are amazing!
    These recipes are amazing! Thanks for this post Noel!

It is nice to share these with each other!

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Beefy Wild Rice Soup For Those Cold Nights! BRRRRRRR
    2 quarts water
    3 Tablespoons beef bouillon granules
    1 Tablespoon onion soup mix
    2 14-1/2 ounces cans chopped tomatoes
    1-1/2 cups stew beef, cooked and cubed
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1 cup cabbage, shredded
    3/4 cups dried lentils
    1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
    1/4 cup catsup
    1 tablespoon instant wild rice, uncooked
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 50 to 55 minutes. Serves 8.

Serve this with a crusty loaf of bread and you have a meal!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

CLAM CHOWDER
    Cook in butter:
    2 cups minced clams, drained --- save juice
    onions, diced
    add some of the juice from the clams

Add:
    2 cans Clam Chowder Soup
    3 cans Cream of Potato Soup
    1 quart half and half

Cook in crock pot at least 4 hours on low heat.

I make this at Christmas time. But, I have to double the recipe at least.

I made this and everyone
    I made this and everyone just loved it. I will probably make it at Xmas too, as it was so good. Thanks!

Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

CHICKEN NOODLE CASSEROLE
    3 - 4 COOKED CHICKEN BREASTS
    2 CANS CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
    2 EGGS, BEATEN OR 1/2 CUP EGG BEATERS
    1 STICK MELTED OLEO
    1 CAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
    6 SLICES OF BREAD

COMBINE ALL AND POUR INTO A 9 X 13 GREASED PAN. YOU CAN SPRINKLE WITH FINE DRY BREAD CRUMBS IF DESIRED. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 1 HOUR.

I made this casserole and it
    I made this casserole and it was delicious! Post more chicken dishes as I love chicken too!
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Alexis F said:

PRETZEL SALAD
    1 1/4 CUP CRUSHED PRETZELS
    1/2 CUP SUGAR
    1/3 CUP OLEO, MELTED
    8 OZ. CREAM CHEESE
    1 ( 9 OZ ) CARTON COOL WHIP
    1/2 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
    2 SMALL PKG. STRAWBERRY JELLO
    2 CUP HOT WATER
    1 ( 16 OZ. ) PKG. FROZEN STRAWBERRIES, SWEETENED ( UNDRAINED AND UNTHAWED )
    1 CUP CRUSED PINEAPPLE

MIX FIRST 3 INGREDIENTS AND PUT INTO 9 X 13 INCH PAN. BAKE 10 MINUTES AT 350 DEGREES AND COOL.
    MIX TOGETHER THE NEXT 3 INGREDIENTS AND LAYER THEM OVER THE PRETZEL MIXTURE.
    MIX TOGETHER THE LAST 4 INGREDIENTS. WHEN PARTIALLY SET, POUR OVER CREAM CHEESE LAYER. REFIRGERATE AND ENJOY!

M M Good!
    My sis made this pretzel salad and if I may say so, it was DELICIOUS! Thanks for this recipe Lex! Or, should I say tinker! lol

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    CROCK POT LASAGNA
    I cheated and got this recipe from a Kraft magazine, but my family loves it!

1 lb. ground beef
    1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
    1 cup water
    1 (15 oz.) container Ricotta cheese
    1 (7 oz.) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese,divided
    1 egg
    2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
    6 lasagna noodles,uncooked

Brown meat in skillet and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.
    Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese,2 Tbsp. parmesan egg and parsley.
    Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker,top with layers of half each of noodles,broken to fit.and cheese mixture.Cover with 2 cups of remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining noodle, broken to fit,cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
    Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, let stand covered 10 min. or until melted.

DO NOT COOK ON HIGH SETTING!! ENJOY!
  • DebbyM
    Options
    chickad52 said:

CROCK POT LASAGNA
    I cheated and got this recipe from a Kraft magazine, but my family loves it!

1 lb. ground beef
    1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
    1 cup water
    1 (15 oz.) container Ricotta cheese
    1 (7 oz.) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese,divided
    1 egg
    2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
    6 lasagna noodles,uncooked

Brown meat in skillet and drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water.
    Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese,2 Tbsp. parmesan egg and parsley.
    Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker,top with layers of half each of noodles,broken to fit.and cheese mixture.Cover with 2 cups of remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining noodle, broken to fit,cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
    Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, let stand covered 10 min. or until melted.

DO NOT COOK ON HIGH SETTING!! ENJOY!

This sounds good and easy to
    This sounds good and easy to make. Thanks for posting it! We love lasagna!

Debby
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    DebbyM said:

This sounds good and easy to
    This sounds good and easy to make. Thanks for posting it! We love lasagna!

Debby

Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
    Chicken Noodle Soup recipe anyone?

Thanks!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
    Chicken Noodle Soup recipe anyone?

Thanks!

Here's one that is hearty and comforting
    Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup from epicurious.com

3 tablespoons butter
    4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
    1 cup sliced celery
    1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 tablespoons all purpose flour
    6 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups half and half
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

1 cup penne pasta
    1/4 pound sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
    3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Preparation: Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion. Cook until celery and onion are tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually mix in chicken stock. Bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently. Add half and half and chopped parsley and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken tenders and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. (Chicken soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.)

Cook penne pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta. Bring chicken soup to simmer. Mix in cooked pasta and sugar snap peas and simmer 2 minutes. Mix in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    mimivac said:

Here's one that is hearty and comforting
    Creamy Chicken Pasta Soup from epicurious.com

3 tablespoons butter
    4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
    1 cup sliced celery
    1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 tablespoons all purpose flour
    6 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups half and half
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

1 cup penne pasta
    1/4 pound sugar snap peas, halved diagonally
    3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Preparation: Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion. Cook until celery and onion are tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually mix in chicken stock. Bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently. Add half and half and chopped parsley and simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken tenders and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. (Chicken soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.)

Cook penne pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta. Bring chicken soup to simmer. Mix in cooked pasta and sugar snap peas and simmer 2 minutes. Mix in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.

Thank you Mimi for this recipe!
    Thanks Mimi! This sounds good. My hubby doesn't cook, so, my gf is going to make it for me!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

Thank you Mimi for this recipe!
    Thanks Mimi! This sounds good. My hubby doesn't cook, so, my gf is going to make it for me!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Barbecue
    1 1/2 lb hamburger
    1/2 cup onion
    1 cup catsup
    2 Tablespoons sugar
    1 cup celery
    2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 Tablespoon mustard
    2 Tablespoons vinegar

Cook together hamburger, celery and onion until done. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer about 5 minutes. Serve on big hamburger buns. We add a slice of American cheese on top and put it in the microwave for just a few seconds to just melt the cheese a little.
  • DebbyM
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I think we need some
    I think we need some Halloween recipes! Scary decorations and stuff!
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    PUMPKIN SQUARES
    1 1/3 CUPS SUGAR
    2 TSP. CINNAMON
    1/2 TSP. NUTMEG
    1/2 TSP.GINGER
    1/4 TSP.ALLSPICE
    1/2 TSP. SALT
    4 EGGS
    1 - 29 OZ. CAN PUMPKIN (NOT PIE FILLING)
    1 - 12 OZ. CAN EVAPORATED MILK
    1 YELLOW CAKE MIX
    1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)
    3/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER

MIX TOGETHER SUGAR,CINNAMON,NUTMEG,GINGER,ALLSPICE,AND SALT. ADD EGGS AND MIX WITH SPOON. ADD PUMPKIN AND EVAPORATED MILK. MIX. PUT WAX PAPER INTO A WELL GREASED 13X9 IN. PAN. POUR IN PUMPKIN MIXTURE. SPRINKLE CAKE MIX OVER THE PUMPKIN MIXTURE AND SPRINKLE WITH NUTS OVER THE CAKE MIX.DRIZZLE MELTED BUTTER ON TOP. BAKE AT 350 FOR 1 HOUR. COOL SOMEWHAT, THEN INVERT PAN ONTO SERVING DISH. COOL COMPLETELY. CUT INTO SQUARES.
  • mimivac
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I think we need some
    I think we need some Halloween recipes! Scary decorations and stuff!

Halloween Recipe
    OK, here is what looks like a delicious Halloween cake:

Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Spiderweb

Ingredients For chocolate web and spider:
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

For devil's food cake:
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup boiling-hot water
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
    1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water 10 minutes

For coffee meringue frosting:
    3 large egg whites
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    6 tablespoons water
    1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (optional; see cooks’ note, below)

Equipment: 3 (9- by 2-inch) round cake pans; a pastry bag with writing tip (slightly less than 1/8 inch); a handheld electric mixer

Preparation Make cake:
    Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Butter cake pans, then line bottoms with rounds of parchment paper. Dust pans with flour, knocking out excess.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

Whisk together boiling-hot water and cocoa in another bowl until smooth, then whisk in milk and vanilla.

Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, mix in flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with flour, and mixing until just combined.

Divide batter among pans, smoothing tops. Bake, switching position of pans halfway through, until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans, 20 to 25 minutes.

Cool cakes in pans on racks 20 minutes, then turn out onto racks to cool completely.

Make decorations while cake layers cool:
    Trace a 9-inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper, then draw a spiderweb inside circle. Next to web, draw a 2-to 3-inch spider. Turn drawings over onto a baking sheet.

Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring. Cool slightly, then transfer to pastry bag. Pipe chocolate onto web, beginning with spokes, and onto spider on parchment, then freeze until firm, about 1 hour.

Make frosting:
    Put frosting ingredients in a heatproof large bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Beat with handheld mixer at low speed until mixture is warm and sugar has dissolved. Continue to beat at high speed until thick and fluffy, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and beat frosting until cooled slightly, 5 to 10 minutes more.

Assemble cake:
    Place a cake layer on a serving plate. Spread top with some of frosting. Top with another cake layer and spread with some of frosting, then top with final cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.

Cut off portion of parchment with spider and reserve. Invert web on parchment onto cake and carefully peel off paper. Peel off parchment from spider and put spider on web. Let cake stand at room temperature until chocolate decorations have softened.

Cooks' notes:
    •Cake layers can be made 2 days ahead and kept, well wrapped in plastic wrap, at room temperature, or 1 week ahead and frozen.
    •Chocolate decorations can be made 1 day ahead and frozen.
    •You can substitute 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract for the espresso powder in the frosting.
    •The egg whites in the frosting may not be fully cooked.
    •Cake can be assembled and decorated 4 hours ahead and chilled. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.
  • Ritzy
    Options
    mimivac said:

Halloween Recipe
    OK, here is what looks like a delicious Halloween cake:

Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Spiderweb

Ingredients For chocolate web and spider:
    1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

For devil's food cake:
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup boiling-hot water
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
    1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water 10 minutes

For coffee meringue frosting:
    3 large egg whites
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    6 tablespoons water
    1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (optional; see cooks’ note, below)

Equipment: 3 (9- by 2-inch) round cake pans; a pastry bag with writing tip (slightly less than 1/8 inch); a handheld electric mixer

Preparation Make cake:
    Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Butter cake pans, then line bottoms with rounds of parchment paper. Dust pans with flour, knocking out excess.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

Whisk together boiling-hot water and cocoa in another bowl until smooth, then whisk in milk and vanilla.

Beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, mix in flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with cocoa mixture, beginning and ending with flour, and mixing until just combined.

Divide batter among pans, smoothing tops. Bake, switching position of pans halfway through, until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans, 20 to 25 minutes.

Cool cakes in pans on racks 20 minutes, then turn out onto racks to cool completely.

Make decorations while cake layers cool:
    Trace a 9-inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper, then draw a spiderweb inside circle. Next to web, draw a 2-to 3-inch spider. Turn drawings over onto a baking sheet.

Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring. Cool slightly, then transfer to pastry bag. Pipe chocolate onto web, beginning with spokes, and onto spider on parchment, then freeze until firm, about 1 hour.

Make frosting:
    Put frosting ingredients in a heatproof large bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Beat with handheld mixer at low speed until mixture is warm and sugar has dissolved. Continue to beat at high speed until thick and fluffy, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and beat frosting until cooled slightly, 5 to 10 minutes more.

Assemble cake:
    Place a cake layer on a serving plate. Spread top with some of frosting. Top with another cake layer and spread with some of frosting, then top with final cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.

Cut off portion of parchment with spider and reserve. Invert web on parchment onto cake and carefully peel off paper. Peel off parchment from spider and put spider on web. Let cake stand at room temperature until chocolate decorations have softened.

Cooks' notes:
    •Cake layers can be made 2 days ahead and kept, well wrapped in plastic wrap, at room temperature, or 1 week ahead and frozen.
    •Chocolate decorations can be made 1 day ahead and frozen.
    •You can substitute 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract for the espresso powder in the frosting.
    •The egg whites in the frosting may not be fully cooked.
    •Cake can be assembled and decorated 4 hours ahead and chilled. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving.

Love these Halloween
    Love these Halloween recipes! Thanks!

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    chickad52 said:

PUMPKIN SQUARES
    1 1/3 CUPS SUGAR
    2 TSP. CINNAMON
    1/2 TSP. NUTMEG
    1/2 TSP.GINGER
    1/4 TSP.ALLSPICE
    1/2 TSP. SALT
    4 EGGS
    1 - 29 OZ. CAN PUMPKIN (NOT PIE FILLING)
    1 - 12 OZ. CAN EVAPORATED MILK
    1 YELLOW CAKE MIX
    1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)
    3/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER

MIX TOGETHER SUGAR,CINNAMON,NUTMEG,GINGER,ALLSPICE,AND SALT. ADD EGGS AND MIX WITH SPOON. ADD PUMPKIN AND EVAPORATED MILK. MIX. PUT WAX PAPER INTO A WELL GREASED 13X9 IN. PAN. POUR IN PUMPKIN MIXTURE. SPRINKLE CAKE MIX OVER THE PUMPKIN MIXTURE AND SPRINKLE WITH NUTS OVER THE CAKE MIX.DRIZZLE MELTED BUTTER ON TOP. BAKE AT 350 FOR 1 HOUR. COOL SOMEWHAT, THEN INVERT PAN ONTO SERVING DISH. COOL COMPLETELY. CUT INTO SQUARES.

Sod That!
    I don't cook anything that takes longer to prepare than to consume.......

Get Roadkill, Roast for 3 hours............put Tates on......... skin and serve.

Gravy optional

Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Sod That!

Get Roadkill, Roast for 3 hours............put Tates on......... skin and serve.

Gravy optional

Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Tasha?
    Do you add any spices at all? Or, just roast it and throw some taters in?

Kristin ♥
  • mimivac
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Sod That!

Gravy optional

Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Cooking, Tasha-style!
    I like your recipe. But what kind of roadkill? LOL.
  • DebbyM
    Options
    mimivac said:

Cooking, Tasha-style!
    I like your recipe. But what kind of roadkill? LOL.

LOL! I don't think Tasha
    LOL! I don't think Tasha cares. Or, do you Tasha? LOL
  • Ritzy
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Sod That!

Gravy optional

Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Roadkill and gravy! YUM lol
    I do believe I like gravy with my roadkill. Think I will go scour the roads now lookin' for dinner. Do you have a recipe for the gravy that goes with it Tasha? lol