Where you at?

Options

Comments

• karaokelorie
    karaokelorie Member Posts: 33
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Karaokelorie
    Let me know time and setting .. and we can hook up .. Wow, how exciting to me another acs member in person ..

Lorie .. Let me know..

Cancer walk
    Hi VickiSam
    I feel the same way,It will be great to meet another acs member in person.The walk is on Saturday September 26,
    Walk Begins: 9:05 a.m
    To join the walk is $20.00
    We walk for 2 miles
    I will be leaving about 7:30 in the morning, so I should be there around 8:00 or shortly after.We can meet right at the registration booth,Both my sisters will be with me and I will be holding up a sign that says VickiSam. Let me know!
    We also go to the Breast Cancer Support Group at:
    The Foundation for Community and Family Health
    Historic Civic Center
    815 W. Sixth Street,Suite 110
    Corona, Calif 92882
    951-270-0536 See you there!
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Sgamtd~ Speaking of Danes...
    3 miles from Santa Ynez California ( where I live) is a Danish-settled town called Solvang. It is quaint, albeit touristy, and looks oddly European amongst the neighboring Indian Reservation and typical California-style homes! One of my friends owned a small bar in Solvang, and had I known he was going to close up and move, I sooo would have bought one of his T-shirts:

"Solvang, a quaint Drinking Town with a slight
    Danish Problem!"

I must say, I loved that! LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Oh Chen
    I've heard of that place, I watched it on Hewl Houser, I soooooooo want to visit there someday. It sounds so quaint.
  • karaokelorie
    Options
    KathiM said:

We're neighbors....
    I'm in Redlands...maybe we could get together for coffee!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Neighbors
    Hi Kathi,
    That sounds great to me, but my next two weeks are pretty busy right now.We can keep in touch and plan a meeting if thats ok with you? In the meantime if you ever make it to San Bernardino stop by Disabled Veterans Charities Thirft Store 575 W.Baseline St. I'm the manager and I'm there Mon-Fri 9-5. Will be seeing you
    Take Care
    Lorie
  • karaokelorie
    Options
    sgamtd said:

Heart of Texas
    I live in the heart of TX, but was born in Denmark.
    Have lived in several of the beautiful states in America, So.California, Hawaii and Montana. My husband is a Texan and we retired in Tx 5 years ago. (funny side line, once someone gave me condolences because I was married to a Texan, and live in Texas, but I really love both him and living here). Tasha you are so funny, sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for being Danish and coming from accross the pond as well. lol.
    sgamtd

Heart of Texas
    Would that be Brady Texas by chance?
    Take Care
    Lorie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Cancer walk
    Hi VickiSam
    I feel the same way,It will be great to meet another acs member in person.The walk is on Saturday September 26,
    Walk Begins: 9:05 a.m
    To join the walk is $20.00
    We walk for 2 miles
    I will be leaving about 7:30 in the morning, so I should be there around 8:00 or shortly after.We can meet right at the registration booth,Both my sisters will be with me and I will be holding up a sign that says VickiSam. Let me know!
    We also go to the Breast Cancer Support Group at:
    The Foundation for Community and Family Health
    Historic Civic Center
    815 W. Sixth Street,Suite 110
    Corona, Calif 92882
    951-270-0536 See you there!

I'll be there .. See you then ..
    I am looking forward to meeting with you .. I think Kathi M from Redlands and daughter will be joining us.

VickiSam
  • karaokelorie
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I'll be there .. See you then ..
    I am looking forward to meeting with you .. I think Kathi M from Redlands and daughter will be joining us.

VickiSam

that will you great
    see everyone there

Lorie
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm currently in
    Fort Worth, TX. Previously lived in Houston, Austin and was raised in the Waco, TX area. Hopefully my grammar doesn't reflect my "Texas Twang". :)
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    Tampa Bay Area, Florida
    but originally from Canton, Ohio. Have been in Florida 6 years but have to say I am still an Ohio girl at heart!!
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Born in Puerto Rico
    I was born in Puerto Rico, moved to Tampa Bay, Florida, 20+ yrs.
  • nadca
    nadca Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Taina said:

Born in Puerto Rico
    I was born in Puerto Rico, moved to Tampa Bay, Florida, 20+ yrs.

Canada
    Flat lands. Saskatchewan.
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options

Heart of Texas
    Would that be Brady Texas by chance?
    Take Care
    Lorie

karaokelorie
    yes it is, are you from around here as well ? Most have heard the song, but Brady actually claims to be located in the Heart of TX
    sgamtd
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    nadca said:

Canada
    Flat lands. Saskatchewan.

Looked at all the posts...
    only found one currently living in MI, a few who migrated from our unbearably freezing winters, and a couple within a 6-hour drive of where I now call home. I live in a little town in Shiawasee County. Born in Little Rock, moved to Russelville, AK, then to VA, later to IA, back to VA, now living in MI and missing the warm the weather of my southern roots.

Lola, add me to your map pls...what a great idea!
    dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Alex_Mom said:

Michigan
    Harrison Township

Alex_Mom--we're practically neighbors :)
    I found Harrison Township on the MI map...you are about 2 hours from me. I wasn't far from you a couple of weeks ago when I traveled to Rochester to visit with an old friend of mine.

Hope our winter isn't as bad as last year, brrr.
    dmc
  • debbie1162
    debbie1162 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    North Carolina
    On the coast in North Carolina, prior to here I lived in Greenville, SC
  • karen0423
    karen0423 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I live in Cumberland, RI.

• ElizabethK
    ElizabethK Member Posts: 10
    Options
    southern belle
    I'm in Mobile, AL.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    karen0423 said:

Karen, where is Cumberland?
    I live 45 mins east of New London, CT (Guilford). I was just in Newport on Thurs. Where is Cumberland?

Roseann
  • karaokelorie
    Options
    sgamtd said:

karaokelorie
    yes it is, are you from around here as well ? Most have heard the song, but Brady actually claims to be located in the Heart of TX
    sgamtd

Heart of Texas
    sgamtd,
    both my son and daughter and all the grand kids live in brady.When I went to visit I really liked Brady, I stood on the stand that says its right in the middle of Texas.Last time I was there in June Or July(a couple of years ago ) it was beautiful and green, but of course brady was getting the worst rain it had gotten in years.Both my kids really love it there, I think it has alot to do with raising them in Yucaipa when it was small ,before it became a city.
    Take Care

Lorie
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Denver * Colorado
    Sounds like I'm too late to make the map! I live north of Denver about 20 miles.
  • mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    Options
    West Coast
    I'm live in the Seattle, Washington area.