Where you at?

Options

Comments

• lszk4kids
    lszk4kids Member Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been trying to catch up
    I've been trying to catch up since I haven't even checked my mail for a few days..got an infection from the dbl mast and have felt a little puny..I'm here between Springfield and Columbus outside the tiny village of South Charleston, Ohio. Really fun seeing where we are all from!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    lszk4kids said:

I've been trying to catch up
    I've been trying to catch up since I haven't even checked my mail for a few days..got an infection from the dbl mast and have felt a little puny..I'm here between Springfield and Columbus outside the tiny village of South Charleston, Ohio. Really fun seeing where we are all from!

Oh Dear
    I am sorry to admit.............I am english, I live in Canada now, ontario.. close to niagara falls. Forgive me please! LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    map of us
    Well I have found a map, placed hearts for each of us, 6 replies up from here. Will continue to add for a couple more days - I need to make sure I've gone back to the other thread as well. The next trick will be to see if I can upload it correctly. May have to have my daughter's BF - the computer wizard help me. By the way, I too know where Pocatello ID is. Lived there from 1960-63. Lola
  • MCJ
    MCJ Member Posts: 59
    Options
    hi everybody
    we are from

hi everybody

we are from racine wisconsin
  • Alex_Mom
    Alex_Mom Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Michigan
    Harrison Township
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Alex_Mom said:

Michigan
    Harrison Township

Heart of Texas
    I live in the heart of TX, but was born in Denmark.
    Have lived in several of the beautiful states in America, So.California, Hawaii and Montana. My husband is a Texan and we retired in Tx 5 years ago. (funny side line, once someone gave me condolences because I was married to a Texan, and live in Texas, but I really love both him and living here). Tasha you are so funny, sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for being Danish and coming from accross the pond as well. lol.
    sgamtd
  • vnaware
    vnaware Member Posts: 4
    Options
    sgamtd said:

Heart of Texas
    Have lived in several of the beautiful states in America, So.California, Hawaii and Montana. My husband is a Texan and we retired in Tx 5 years ago. (funny side line, once someone gave me condolences because I was married to a Texan, and live in Texas, but I really love both him and living here). Tasha you are so funny, sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for being Danish and coming from accross the pond as well. lol.
    sgamtd

Hi everyone....
    I'm from

Hi everyone....
    I'm from north NJ. I'm a software programmer 32 yrs. Having a nice and small family of my hubby and 6 yr old son.

Vrish
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    rainbow4 said:

Follow the yellow brick road...
    to Kansas (Lawrence, just west of KC) for the last 12 years.

I can't believe there's someone on the thread who knows where Pocatello, ID is! Lived there for 14 years before moving back to the midwest. Loved it out there, except for the long, snowy winters!
    -Barb

I was born in Kansas.....
    KU medical center...lived on the Missouri side (pronounced Missoura...lol) for 7 years before moving out west...

I had family in Lawrence...

Hugs, Kathi
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options

Visual Aid
    I'm such a visual person (perhaps it's the teacher/counselor in me. Since, I'm going to be bored silly for the next couple weeks - The recouping!! I'm going to try and find a map that I can mark us all in and then upload. I'll do a google search tomorrow and play around with it. How long do these threads stay on? I'll try to record everyone from this one. Lola

Oh Lola that would be a really cool idea
    And these posts stay at the top as long as we keep posting on them. Every now and then you'll see a post that a new comer brings up from years and years ago.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Im here
    Hey I lived 15yrs in SFV! Then off to Tx., now forever in the Land of Enchantment, NM
  • carol41
    carol41 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Im here
    Hey I lived 15yrs in SFV! Then off to Tx., now forever in the Land of Enchantment, NM

Birch Bay, WA
    by way of Honolulu, San Bernardino and Culver City, CA
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    sgamtd said:

Heart of Texas
    sgamtd

Sgamtd~ Speaking of Danes...
    3 miles from Santa Ynez California ( where I live) is a Danish-settled town called Solvang. It is quaint, albeit touristy, and looks oddly European amongst the neighboring Indian Reservation and typical California-style homes! One of my friends owned a small bar in Solvang, and had I known he was going to close up and move, I sooo would have bought one of his T-shirts:

"Solvang, a quaint Drinking Town with a slight
    Danish Problem!"

I must say, I loved that! LOL LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Where am I?
    I am in Jefferson City, MO. Born in the state of Florida and in Illnois most of the time with my granddaughter.

Kansas City, MO

Kansas City, MO
  • sophy
    sophy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    living in
    I am from berkley massachusetts, you say where is that, about 30 miles from cape cod....jean
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Born in Argentina, came to
    Born in Argentina, came to the US when I was 5 and lived in NYC until I got married and moved to NJ. I am 17 miles away from NYC and still visit every chance I get.

Immigrants
    Lili,

I have a similar story: born in Istanbul, Turkey and moved to the US when I was 5. My husband was born in Seoul, Korea and came here at age 8. He grew up in Queens, NY and his mom is in Palisades Park, NJ, pretty close to NYC.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Visual Aid
    I'm such a visual person (perhaps it's the teacher/counselor in me. Since, I'm going to be bored silly for the next couple weeks - The recouping!! I'm going to try and find a map that I can mark us all in and then upload. I'll do a google search tomorrow and play around with it. How long do these threads stay on? I'll try to record everyone from this one. Lola

Great idea
    Lola, I love that. I'm a visual person, too.
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    sophy said:

living in
    I am from berkley massachusetts, you say where is that, about 30 miles from cape cod....jean

PA neighbor
    I'm from the norht tip of Bucks County, PA. Sounds like I'm VERY close to you Lanie940!
    dawn
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    dbs1673 said:

PA neighbor
    I'm from the norht tip of Bucks County, PA. Sounds like I'm VERY close to you Lanie940!
    dawn

NY HERE
    I live in the beautiful Catskill mountains of New York. Diane
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

2 homes...
    One in The Netherlands (Holland) where I am now, and one in Southern California...where I will be in less than a week.

We plan on switching every 3 months, for a total of 6 months in each country.

Hugs, Kathi

You sound like Tony Geary
    You sound like Tony Geary from General Hospital of Luke and Laura fame. LOL He has a home in Southern Cal and Netherlands.
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    dbs1673 said:

PA neighbor
    dawn

Yep you are. Maybe we could
    Yep you are. Maybe we could get together! you can e-mail me lanies@rcn.com