Moopy & Aortus-with all 3 canines in tow-FINALLY moving to St. Louis today!

Options

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads on Monday!
    Noel and Kristin, dancing kitty and bejeweled turban kitty make me smile every single time. Thank you for thinking of me--and Kristin, thanks for the reminder about those seemingly harmless swans. Thanks to you and Cat, we'll be keeping our distance.

My first radiation treatment is Monday. Yea!!! I thought I would never get there. I did decide not to go with the IMRT because I would need at least another week of tests before I could actually start radiation. (The IMRT is part of a clinical trial.) No way did I want to delay any further. So, I am getting hyperthermia with standard radiation.

If I stay on schedule--which I hope and pray to do--I will be done on August 7. I already have questions for y'all who have completed treatment. I do remember the instruction to use lotion/creams like a greased pig!

Thanks to every one of you who cared to ask and send your best wishes. Joe and I thank God for you and this board.

Moopy
    It makes me happy to know that my silly dancin kitty makes you smile. lol You should always be smiling! Good luck on Monday with rads. And, if you have questions, just ask. I will do my best to help you out. And, YES, use the cremes right from the start. You probably won't need anything for a burn yet ( hoping you don't get burnt at all ) but, I used the aquaphor like others did right from the start to keep my skin moist. And, I think it really helped. It is really greasy, so, wear something that you can throw away when rads are done. And, I only used it at night. Your radiation oncologist will give you something for any burn you might get. Keep us posted! Noel :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Swans are very mean Moopy,
    Swans are very mean Moopy, so, be careful around them. How u doing?

Good luck with your first
    Good luck with your first rads Monday Moopy!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

August 7!
    Moopy, that is my anniversary! so we will both be celebrating! you an ending and me a life sentence....haha. Remember to keep us posted. And make sure the dogs don't go after the swans.
    Have great uneventful rads sessions, and just remember, lotion after treatment, never before.
    =^..^=

Which Anniversary Kat?
    That gives me even more incentive to stay on track and celebrate with and for you. So, how many years are you into this life sentence? Have you been on good behavior?
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Good luck with your first
    Good luck with your first rads Monday Moopy!

Swans
    Yes Moopy, swans are incredibly mean and will not give up if they begin to chase you.

Good luck on Monday. I will be thinking of you. I put the Aquaphor on and an old t shirt the minute I get home. Corn starch is also good if you are getting sweaty.

Go for it..you are nearly there!!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Swans
    Yes Moopy, swans are incredibly mean and will not give up if they begin to chase you.

Good luck on Monday. I will be thinking of you. I put the Aquaphor on and an old t shirt the minute I get home. Corn starch is also good if you are getting sweaty.

Go for it..you are nearly there!!

Moopy, So, you like my kitty
    Moopy, So, you like my kitty huh? lol :) Wishing you good luck on Monday! We are all here for you and cheering you on!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Aortus said:

All my fault, as usual
    Eefy Josephine:
    When we were little kids, my sister made up weird stories about our dog Dippy and her family, which included a cousin named Eefo. I thought that was the coolest name ever for a boy dog. So when Moopy and I adopted a little three month old Blabrador puppy girl, I named her with the feminine form "Eefy," which suits our princess very well.

Yongy Bongy Bo:
    I was a weird little kid myself. One of my favorite poems was Edward Lear's "The Courtship of the Yonghy Bonghy Bo." I celebrated this by running around yelling "Yongy Bongy Bo!" Dad later confided he and Mom were really worried about me. Years later, Moopy came home with a stray terrier mutt. He turned out to be the personal Yongy Bongy Bo I had always dreamed of.

Anubis Presley:
    Otherwise known as "Joe's Dog." I've loved Egyptian mythology since I was in junior high, and always wanted a dog named Anubis. I thought I was fooling Moopy by addressing the stray weinerbeagle I found as "Newbie." But as always, she saw right through me. He's Anubis all right, but Moopy insists that his pet name is spelled "Nubi."

Very interesting childhood
    Joe, You must have been what we call now a "gifted kid." Can definitely cause hard times in school and life. Congratulations on surviving childhood and growing up to be such a great husband. Lynn
  • lynn1950
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Very interesting childhood
    Joe, You must have been what we call now a "gifted kid." Can definitely cause hard times in school and life. Congratulations on surviving childhood and growing up to be such a great husband. Lynn

G.I.F.
    Now I'll have to look up why that is offensive. It's the 2nd time I've seen it censored. Think it has to do with gang violence. Lets set bets. Lynn
  • lynn1950
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

G.I.F.
    Now I'll have to look up why that is offensive. It's the 2nd time I've seen it censored. Think it has to do with gang violence. Lets set bets. Lynn

Looks like
    it's just a way to keep that picture language out of our posts. no g.i.f., no j.p.e.g. Who knows?
  • lynn1950
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads on Monday!
    Noel and Kristin, dancing kitty and bejeweled turban kitty make me smile every single time. Thank you for thinking of me--and Kristin, thanks for the reminder about those seemingly harmless swans. Thanks to you and Cat, we'll be keeping our distance.

My first radiation treatment is Monday. Yea!!! I thought I would never get there. I did decide not to go with the IMRT because I would need at least another week of tests before I could actually start radiation. (The IMRT is part of a clinical trial.) No way did I want to delay any further. So, I am getting hyperthermia with standard radiation.

If I stay on schedule--which I hope and pray to do--I will be done on August 7. I already have questions for y'all who have completed treatment. I do remember the instruction to use lotion/creams like a greased pig!

Thanks to every one of you who cared to ask and send your best wishes. Joe and I thank God for you and this board.

You will do just fine
    If your center is like the one I went to, they hand out the best lotions in buckets. Keep that chin up. It will be over before you know it. Have plenty of lovely adventures in St. Louis. Lynn
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Which Anniversary Kat?
    That gives me even more incentive to stay on track and celebrate with and for you. So, how many years are you into this life sentence? Have you been on good behavior?

33 years...
    no comments please, I got married very very young. hehe
    Nope, not good behavior, I ask him for a divorce every year, but he refuses to cooperate. Just says it is a life sentence. And I wouldn't have it any other way. It is now our running joke. That man was my rock throughout all of my treatments, stayed for every chemo, I told him to go eat breakfast or go home or something because I was usually there for about 5 hours, but he refused. Sat there with his little dvd player and watched movies, but wouldn't budge until I was ready to go home.
    So yes Moopy, you need to stay on track and complete your rads on 8/7/2009 - make it so!
    =^..^=
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Moopy, So, you like my kitty
    Moopy, So, you like my kitty huh? lol :) Wishing you good luck on Monday! We are all here for you and cheering you on!

Sadistic Swans
    Hi Moopster, and the absent Guppy Godfarther. Swans can be totally Barstoic! Utterly Evil Buggers when protecting their Nest, Young, Mate, Patch of land, bit of river or just 'cos they got out of the wrong side of the bed. One flap of a wing can easily break a human leg ( I know this for a fact)

I used to live on a narrow-boat on the River Soar in Leicestershire, we has a pair.. Henry and Henrietta, My dog Sh-ithead used to scrap with them all the time, he was no match for them. I used to have to get out there real fast in my curlers and flannelette nightie (Yeah, Sexy eh?) and bribe them with food to leave the daft sod alone.

Anyway, good luck with the treatments. Will be thinking of you both. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx
  • Moopy23
    Options
    cats_toy said:

33 years...
    Nope, not good behavior, I ask him for a divorce every year, but he refuses to cooperate. Just says it is a life sentence. And I wouldn't have it any other way. It is now our running joke. That man was my rock throughout all of my treatments, stayed for every chemo, I told him to go eat breakfast or go home or something because I was usually there for about 5 hours, but he refused. Sat there with his little dvd player and watched movies, but wouldn't budge until I was ready to go home.
    So yes Moopy, you need to stay on track and complete your rads on 8/7/2009 - make it so!
    =^..^=

A Child Bride
    A husband who loves you dearly. I am so glad to know this, Cat, that you are loved and cherished as you should be. I look forward to wishing you a Happy 33rd Anniversary and many more to come.

You continue on that life sentence, and I'll get through rads.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    cats_toy said:

33 years...
    =^..^=

Now that's devotion
    and love-that's wonderful,Cat!
  • Moopy23
    Options

Moops,
    I was told not to wear deodorant before I came in for treatment,so I would bring it with me and put it on after. And only certain kinds of deodorant like"Crystal" and some people say "Tom's Natural".
    Also,you've probably read it on here somewhere before-my rads onc told me only wireless bras.Your skin is going to be sensitive from the treatments.
    I'm excited that you are finally getting started-as I'm sure you are too!After a time or two,you will get to be "old hat" at it and all of a sudden it will all be over,and you'll be able to put it behind you!
    Love you,
    Patty

Confession Tonight
    I have become pretty anxious about radiation over the last 24 hours. I guess because it is coming up, finally, in less than 2 days. The setup is more unnerving than I expected. With chemo, I was in a bright room with other people, fully dressed, just sitting in a recliner getting an IV. With rads, I'm in a darkened room, stripped from the waist up, and a machine is circling me, making odd noises. I felt, and feel, a little panic. Not to mention nervous about the possibility of missing a treatment due to burns.

You, Patty, Susan, Cat, Kristin, Noel, Lynn, Sausageroll (Pat), Diane, your messages have time and again reassured me and made me smile and feel not alone. I'm sure it will become a routine; for now, I can only be grateful y'all have helped me through this weekend.

Tasha, too, of course, but she and her sadistic swans are a whole other story!

Love,
    Moopy
  • Moopy23
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Sadistic Swans
    Hi Moopster, and the absent Guppy Godfarther. Swans can be totally Barstoic! Utterly Evil Buggers when protecting their Nest, Young, Mate, Patch of land, bit of river or just 'cos they got out of the wrong side of the bed. One flap of a wing can easily break a human leg ( I know this for a fact)

I used to live on a narrow-boat on the River Soar in Leicestershire, we has a pair.. Henry and Henrietta, My dog Sh-ithead used to scrap with them all the time, he was no match for them. I used to have to get out there real fast in my curlers and flannelette nightie (Yeah, Sexy eh?) and bribe them with food to leave the daft sod alone.

Anyway, good luck with the treatments. Will be thinking of you both. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx

One and Only Turquoise Girl
    Tash, twice tonight you have had me falling off the couch laughing. You are a joy. I wish you the joy and comfort that you give to others so readily, just by being yourself.

Love,
    Moopy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Confession Tonight
    I have become pretty anxious about radiation over the last 24 hours. I guess because it is coming up, finally, in less than 2 days. The setup is more unnerving than I expected. With chemo, I was in a bright room with other people, fully dressed, just sitting in a recliner getting an IV. With rads, I'm in a darkened room, stripped from the waist up, and a machine is circling me, making odd noises. I felt, and feel, a little panic. Not to mention nervous about the possibility of missing a treatment due to burns.

You, Patty, Susan, Cat, Kristin, Noel, Lynn, Sausageroll (Pat), Diane, your messages have time and again reassured me and made me smile and feel not alone. I'm sure it will become a routine; for now, I can only be grateful y'all have helped me through this weekend.

Love,
    Moopy

Understandably so, Moopy...
    Anxious, "butterflies in the tummy"... Nervous... Even a little panic. All very understandable, Moopster. Though, of course, also very uncomfortable feelings...

Please try to relax, tomorrow is Sunday. I wish you a peaceful day. You endured extremely invasive chemo. Once you get started, and are more familiar with the process - I promise, rads WILL be easier than what you've already been through.

It is unnerving, to be exposed and positioned - then, everybody leaves the room. However, it is for minutes - not hours.

As for concern about missing a treatment(s) due to burns, rads are administered Mondays-Fridays primarily to provide a rest for the skin/body over the two day weekends - please think about this. A chemo treatment delayed for too long can bring dire consequences. A delay in between rads is not a big deal, and won't diminish the overall effectiveness of the totality of treatment.

I hope you enjoy your Sunday. Try not to think about Monday, until you have to - on Monday! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Confession Tonight

Love,
    Moopy

starting Monday...Moopy
    you will have a new name ...The Moopinator. You will barrel through rads like it was a walk in the park (ok, a lie down on a bench), and you will be done before you know it.
    I tried one of my new poems on you:

Here comes the Moopinator
    Set to start radiation
    Wearing a pink sweater
    And a nice pink carnation
    She shows no expression
    With Aortus in tow
    She runs through her sessions
    And leaves with a glow
    She conquered the rads
    She did it in style
    She is now one of the grads
    And it was all done with a smile.

Cat
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Confession Tonight

Love,
    Moopy

Yes Moopy,
    it's another unknown. And,at least for me,the unknowns with cancer can be some of the hardest things about it-I had my share of crying out of fear back then with the "firsts"! I so well remember it.
    You are going to be fine!It is scary the first time-just because you're trying to be as still as you can(I told my onc that my brain knew that I had to be still,but my body wanted to jump off that table!),hearing the noises of the machine,etc.
    I know for me,it helped getting to know the other patients while we were all waiting in the waiting room. It was relaxing,and I made some great friends that I still have today-and it's been over a year!
    I think and hope that you will find that this is one of those times when you will look back and say"I don't know what I was so afraid of."
    I hope like Susan said that you are able to enjoy your Sunday!Maybe even get some "retail therapy"in?!
    I'm glad that you are my "assistant"!
    Much love to you,Moopy.
    Love,Patty PS. Prayers for peace for you tonight!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    cats_toy said:

starting Monday...Moopy
    you will have a new name ...The Moopinator. You will barrel through rads like it was a walk in the park (ok, a lie down on a bench), and you will be done before you know it.
    I tried one of my new poems on you:

Here comes the Moopinator
    Set to start radiation
    Wearing a pink sweater
    And a nice pink carnation
    She shows no expression
    With Aortus in tow
    She runs through her sessions
    And leaves with a glow
    She conquered the rads
    She did it in style
    She is now one of the grads
    And it was all done with a smile.

Cat

Yet another
    brilliant poem by the great Cat!Thank you!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

One and Only Turquoise Girl
    Tash, twice tonight you have had me falling off the couch laughing. You are a joy. I wish you the joy and comfort that you give to others so readily, just by being yourself.

Love,
    Moopy

Moopy... You will be in my
    Moopy... You will be in my thoughts.. You are going to do not just well, but GREAT!!!

You have such a positive attitude, and uplifting spirit, what you give to others... please take time to give to yourself!!

Sending extra calming thoughts your way!

Hugs,

~T