Moopy & Aortus-with all 3 canines in tow-FINALLY moving to St. Louis today!

Options

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe for keeping us up on our (and your) sweet Moopy. Tell her I am thinking of her and hope her arm is feeling better. And good luck on the 29th. She will be in my prayers. No need for her to hurry back to us. We know you will keep us informed and she will post when she is ready.
    I am having so much fun with my Jamie. But will be checking to see how you are doing.
    lotsa love,
    Jackie
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Back from Simulation II
    It took almost 2 1/2 hours, but the Moopster is finally done with Simulation II2. The reason for this simulation was to recheck the radiation fields and the angles of approach and fit Moopy for her boluses (boli, whatever).

Moopy was, as always, a real trouper and came through just fine. But she said afterward that the simulation was worse than her mastectomy. Her left arm was bent at an angle and held up over her head by a mold. For the mastectomy, she had anesthesia and pain pills; all she had to help her today was Tylenol. She reports that it would make a very effective form of torture.

On the other hand, Moopy was very comforted by the precision and attention to detail of the radiation team here. Dr. Taylor herself came in three times to supervise the "practice runs" and complimented the lead therapist on "doing your usual great job." Dr. Taylor's nurse confirmed that Moopy will be receiving IMRT radiation without having to participate in the study - which is a real bonus.

Moopy has another appointment on Friday, but it will be a short one with the hyperthermia people to go over her "study plan." Apparently Mondays and Fridays will be looooong days as they do the heating. Finally, there is a start day: Monday, June 29. Woo-hoo! Moopy probably won't be doing much with her left arm tonight (and she's been hitting the Xanax again), but she wants to thank you all again for your good wishes and prayers and support. She also wants you to know you are all in her thoughts and prayers always. As you are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Best,
    Joe

great update Joe
    sounds like Moopy is getting the best possible radiation out there. Your updates are so very concise and to the point. I love it. Tell the Moopster to relax and go with the flow. Hopefully she will be able to post soon too!
    Hope the dogs have all settled in to their new digs!
    =^..^=
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Aortus said:

Back from Simulation II
    It took almost 2 1/2 hours, but the Moopster is finally done with Simulation II2. The reason for this simulation was to recheck the radiation fields and the angles of approach and fit Moopy for her boluses (boli, whatever).

Moopy was, as always, a real trouper and came through just fine. But she said afterward that the simulation was worse than her mastectomy. Her left arm was bent at an angle and held up over her head by a mold. For the mastectomy, she had anesthesia and pain pills; all she had to help her today was Tylenol. She reports that it would make a very effective form of torture.

On the other hand, Moopy was very comforted by the precision and attention to detail of the radiation team here. Dr. Taylor herself came in three times to supervise the "practice runs" and complimented the lead therapist on "doing your usual great job." Dr. Taylor's nurse confirmed that Moopy will be receiving IMRT radiation without having to participate in the study - which is a real bonus.

Moopy has another appointment on Friday, but it will be a short one with the hyperthermia people to go over her "study plan." Apparently Mondays and Fridays will be looooong days as they do the heating. Finally, there is a start day: Monday, June 29. Woo-hoo! Moopy probably won't be doing much with her left arm tonight (and she's been hitting the Xanax again), but she wants to thank you all again for your good wishes and prayers and support. She also wants you to know you are all in her thoughts and prayers always. As you are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Best,
    Joe

Thanks Joe....
    We think about Moopy alot and I personally search for updates as soon as I log on. It's good to know that she is hanging in there. Tell her I will continue to keep her in my prayers. I'm glad there are start dates! I feel for her with her arm. As you know the pain in my arm is what started my whole journey with BC. I never thought that with rads my arm may be bent into an odd position. Yikes!! Calling in all my refills tomorrow on all meds!! Definitely want to be prepared!! :) Pammy
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Back from Simulation II

Best,
    Joe

Joe... thank you so much for
    Joe... thank you so much for the update on Moppy... I hope she is in good spirits, sounds like she has been through quite the process to get moving on the Rads.. I'm glad that everything went well for her and they are finally ready to get started so that it can come to an end... Please tell her that my best wishes are with her. Get some rest...

Hugs,

~T
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Back from Simulation II

Best,
    Joe

Thank you, Aortus!
    Wow, long day today for Moopy - and you, too. Sorry for her discomfort. Hope it's temporary. Please let her know I send my best wishes.

Woo hoo! Finally, a rads start date - yay!

As always - sincere thanks for your thoughtful update, Joe. We really appreciate and need you, dude. You know that, right? :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Thanks
    Thanks Joe for keeping us up on our (and your) sweet Moopy. Tell her I am thinking of her and hope her arm is feeling better. And good luck on the 29th. She will be in my prayers. No need for her to hurry back to us. We know you will keep us informed and she will post when she is ready.
    I am having so much fun with my Jamie. But will be checking to see how you are doing.
    lotsa love,
    Jackie

Our Friends
    Hello, dear friends. I have not forgotten about any of you. And I am so grateful for your messages and your thinking of me. I am really looking forward to catching up and hearing about what has been going on with y'all.

The last few days have been exhausting, what with packing all five of us, the ride up I44 w/ the pups, unpacking, and the simulation today. One tech thoughtfully advised me to take Tylenol for today--Tylenol?? I could have used narcotics! I lay literally 2 hours with my left arm bent over my head. Above me, people debated numbers and drew more lines on my chest in different colors.

Sorry to whine. I will be glad to share more details for anyone who is interested as soon as I have more use of my left arm! I will be getting the hyperthermia sometimes with radiation, sometimes before and after. Also getting IMRT, so the sessions will be comparatively long. I guess having had stageIIIA, triple negative does warrant the extra radiation, which is some comfort. (To my mental state, not my arm.) I was bemused at the staff being concerned about whether I was willing to get the tattoos. I mean, I have a long scar where my left breast used to be. Why they thought tiny freckles would bother me, I cannot imagine.

I have one more planning session on Friday. I'm trying to remember, but I think that is for the hyperthermia team. Then, radiation starts on Monday. Thanks be to God. At the rate I have been going, I was thinking I'd be joining the Radiation Graduates, Class of 2009--Fall!

Sorry if I am rambling. Just didn't want you to think I had forgotten you. You all sustain me and Joe through all of this.

Love,
    Moopy

p.s.
    I think we will start enjoying our "summer home," but will have to make sure that Yongy doesn't try to eat the swans. I've warned him that they are bigger than he is. I'm afraid the mosquitoes may be, too. Re the dogs' names, can you guess which of us named them?
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Our Friends
    Hello, dear friends. I have not forgotten about any of you. And I am so grateful for your messages and your thinking of me. I am really looking forward to catching up and hearing about what has been going on with y'all.

The last few days have been exhausting, what with packing all five of us, the ride up I44 w/ the pups, unpacking, and the simulation today. One tech thoughtfully advised me to take Tylenol for today--Tylenol?? I could have used narcotics! I lay literally 2 hours with my left arm bent over my head. Above me, people debated numbers and drew more lines on my chest in different colors.

Sorry to whine. I will be glad to share more details for anyone who is interested as soon as I have more use of my left arm! I will be getting the hyperthermia sometimes with radiation, sometimes before and after. Also getting IMRT, so the sessions will be comparatively long. I guess having had stageIIIA, triple negative does warrant the extra radiation, which is some comfort. (To my mental state, not my arm.) I was bemused at the staff being concerned about whether I was willing to get the tattoos. I mean, I have a long scar where my left breast used to be. Why they thought tiny freckles would bother me, I cannot imagine.

I have one more planning session on Friday. I'm trying to remember, but I think that is for the hyperthermia team. Then, radiation starts on Monday. Thanks be to God. At the rate I have been going, I was thinking I'd be joining the Radiation Graduates, Class of 2009--Fall!

Sorry if I am rambling. Just didn't want you to think I had forgotten you. You all sustain me and Joe through all of this.

Love,
    Moopy

p.s.
    I think we will start enjoying our "summer home," but will have to make sure that Yongy doesn't try to eat the swans. I've warned him that they are bigger than he is. I'm afraid the mosquitoes may be, too. Re the dogs' names, can you guess which of us named them?

Sweet Moopy :)
    I was so happy to see your post on here. I missed Joe's above. ( sorry Joe ) Yes, rest that arm and try to get some sleep. Take the big drugs! I had only heard of the treatment that you are having, but, I didn't know much about it, so, I am learning something new. Yea, the tech that gave me the tattoos seemed worried too. I was like, can you see them really well? He said we can, but, not others really. So, I said, DO IT! lol Except one of them hurt like hell. lol But, it is hard for me to even see them now. I am so glad that you start the rads Monday. I know how you have wanted this day to come. But, remember Moopy, you are getting the BEST treatment, the BEST care! Take care Moopy!

Love, Jeanne
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Our Friends

Love,
    Moopy

p.s.

Was it...
    Joe?!
    Glad to see that you've still got your sense of humor,Moopy! Yes,I remember having my arm in that ridiculous position,baring myself for all the world to see! Then they all wonder why some of us bc survivors aren't so modest anymore-hello!!!!
    I know there aren't very many nooks and crannies that my docs havn't seen-but enough of that!
    Joe,thanks for keeping us posted and taking care of our dear Moopy and your doggie clan! Hope you are taking care of yourself also!!
    We love you guys!
    Patty
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Our Friends

Love,
    Moopy

p.s.

Greetings, dear Moopy!
    Always so good to see you on the board! :-)

Sorry I'm a day late here - hope your sore arm feels at least a bit better today. Please don't ever feel as if you are "whining" - that is simply not possible for you to do. We are all very interested in your progress, and concerned about your well being. And greatly appreciate the time and effort expended to keep us informed, especially during difficult and tiring circumstances.

Best wishes for your planning session tomorrow. I'll be hoping it doesn't cause further discomfort. And I'm so very glad you'll finally start rads on Monday, after such a long road - in many ways, and also literally! - to get there.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: I'm no gambler - my solid bet ($0) is that Aortus chose the names of all three dogs. Swans? Sounds nice!
  • cats_toy
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Our Friends

Love,
    Moopy

p.s.

sounds like things are moving along!
    Good news, Moopy, keep it up. Funny about the tattoes, maybe you can make them into something pretty after you are all finished with the rads!
    Thanks so much for the update, and keep those dogs away from the swans, they may be beautiful but they are mean! My aunt lived on a golf course with a pond and the swans were finally removed because they kept chasing the golfers off the course!

I'm going for Aortus on the naming thing too!

=^..^=
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Good news, Moopy, keep it up. Funny about the tattoes, maybe you can make them into something pretty after you are all finished with the rads!
    Thanks so much for the update, and keep those dogs away from the swans, they may be beautiful but they are mean! My aunt lived on a golf course with a pond and the swans were finally removed because they kept chasing the golfers off the course!

=^..^=

All my fault, as usual
    Eefy Josephine:
    When we were little kids, my sister made up weird stories about our dog Dippy and her family, which included a cousin named Eefo. I thought that was the coolest name ever for a boy dog. So when Moopy and I adopted a little three month old Blabrador puppy girl, I named her with the feminine form "Eefy," which suits our princess very well.

Yongy Bongy Bo:
    I was a weird little kid myself. One of my favorite poems was Edward Lear's "The Courtship of the Yonghy Bonghy Bo." I celebrated this by running around yelling "Yongy Bongy Bo!" Dad later confided he and Mom were really worried about me. Years later, Moopy came home with a stray terrier mutt. He turned out to be the personal Yongy Bongy Bo I had always dreamed of.

Anubis Presley:
    Otherwise known as "Joe's Dog." I've loved Egyptian mythology since I was in junior high, and always wanted a dog named Anubis. I thought I was fooling Moopy by addressing the stray weinerbeagle I found as "Newbie." But as always, she saw right through me. He's Anubis all right, but Moopy insists that his pet name is spelled "Nubi."
  • Moopy23
    Options
    cats_toy said:

=^..^=

Swans are Mean???
    Wow, I did not know that. So the Ugly Duckling turned into a beautiful but mean swan? I'll never trust fairly tales again.

Seriously, thanks for the warning. Those swans out there are big. When Eefy was a pup, she got awfully close to a ferret at the pet shop. The store clerk was getting concerned about the ferret--I, however, was thinking that rat better not hurt my puppy!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Aortus said:

All my fault, as usual
    Eefy Josephine:
    When we were little kids, my sister made up weird stories about our dog Dippy and her family, which included a cousin named Eefo. I thought that was the coolest name ever for a boy dog. So when Moopy and I adopted a little three month old Blabrador puppy girl, I named her with the feminine form "Eefy," which suits our princess very well.

Yongy Bongy Bo:
    I was a weird little kid myself. One of my favorite poems was Edward Lear's "The Courtship of the Yonghy Bonghy Bo." I celebrated this by running around yelling "Yongy Bongy Bo!" Dad later confided he and Mom were really worried about me. Years later, Moopy came home with a stray terrier mutt. He turned out to be the personal Yongy Bongy Bo I had always dreamed of.

Anubis Presley:
    Otherwise known as "Joe's Dog." I've loved Egyptian mythology since I was in junior high, and always wanted a dog named Anubis. I thought I was fooling Moopy by addressing the stray weinerbeagle I found as "Newbie." But as always, she saw right through me. He's Anubis all right, but Moopy insists that his pet name is spelled "Nubi."

Thank you, Aortus!
    For finally explaining the extremely creative and mysteriously exotic names of your beloved dogs. Sounds like Moopster chose the pups themselves, so you got to pick the names. Good deal, for everyone - especially the lucky canines who needed a loving home!

For a couple who dubbed themselves Moopy & Aortus - the dog names have always seemed quite "normal" (whatever that might be!) to me, actually... :-)

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Hey, what do we win - those of us who guessed correctly?
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Aortus said:

All my fault, as usual
    Eefy Josephine:

Yongy Bongy Bo:

Anubis Presley:

Joe,
    sounds like you just really have a creative mind!Your post made me laugh pretty hard-I needed that!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Swans are Mean???
    Wow, I did not know that. So the Ugly Duckling turned into a beautiful but mean swan? I'll never trust fairly tales again.

Seriously, thanks for the warning. Those swans out there are big. When Eefy was a pup, she got awfully close to a ferret at the pet shop. The store clerk was getting concerned about the ferret--I, however, was thinking that rat better not hurt my puppy!

Moopy! Love to see you
    Moopy! Love to see you posting! And, you sound happy! Good luck with the simulation and good luck with the start of your rads Monday. I am here if you need anything! Hugs, Noel
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Swans are Mean???

Swans are very mean Moopy,
    Swans are very mean Moopy, so, be careful around them. How u doing?
  • Moopy23
    Options
    Noel said:

Moopy! Love to see you
    Moopy! Love to see you posting! And, you sound happy! Good luck with the simulation and good luck with the start of your rads Monday. I am here if you need anything! Hugs, Noel

Rads on Monday!
    Noel and Kristin, dancing kitty and bejeweled turban kitty make me smile every single time. Thank you for thinking of me--and Kristin, thanks for the reminder about those seemingly harmless swans. Thanks to you and Cat, we'll be keeping our distance.

My first radiation treatment is Monday. Yea!!! I thought I would never get there. I did decide not to go with the IMRT because I would need at least another week of tests before I could actually start radiation. (The IMRT is part of a clinical trial.) No way did I want to delay any further. So, I am getting hyperthermia with standard radiation.

If I stay on schedule--which I hope and pray to do--I will be done on August 7. I already have questions for y'all who have completed treatment. I do remember the instruction to use lotion/creams like a greased pig!

Thanks to every one of you who cared to ask and send your best wishes. Joe and I thank God for you and this board.
  • cats_toy
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads on Monday!
    Noel and Kristin, dancing kitty and bejeweled turban kitty make me smile every single time. Thank you for thinking of me--and Kristin, thanks for the reminder about those seemingly harmless swans. Thanks to you and Cat, we'll be keeping our distance.

My first radiation treatment is Monday. Yea!!! I thought I would never get there. I did decide not to go with the IMRT because I would need at least another week of tests before I could actually start radiation. (The IMRT is part of a clinical trial.) No way did I want to delay any further. So, I am getting hyperthermia with standard radiation.

If I stay on schedule--which I hope and pray to do--I will be done on August 7. I already have questions for y'all who have completed treatment. I do remember the instruction to use lotion/creams like a greased pig!

Thanks to every one of you who cared to ask and send your best wishes. Joe and I thank God for you and this board.

August 7!
    Moopy, that is my anniversary! so we will both be celebrating! you an ending and me a life sentence....haha. Remember to keep us posted. And make sure the dogs don't go after the swans.
    Have great uneventful rads sessions, and just remember, lotion after treatment, never before.
    =^..^=
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads on Monday!

Yes, finally!
    All good news, Moopster! Thanks for the update. Am so glad you now have a definite start date - I know you've been anxious for it. As many have said before, including me, you have to begin in order to finish. Now, you can see your finish line.

Regarding lotions and creams - remember, importantly, only those approved by your own rad onc.

Kind regards, Susan
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads on Monday!

Moops,
    I was told not to wear deodorant before I came in for treatment,so I would bring it with me and put it on after. And only certain kinds of deodorant like"Crystal" and some people say "Tom's Natural".
    Also,you've probably read it on here somewhere before-my rads onc told me only wireless bras.Your skin is going to be sensitive from the treatments.
    I'm excited that you are finally getting started-as I'm sure you are too!After a time or two,you will get to be "old hat" at it and all of a sudden it will all be over,and you'll be able to put it behind you!
    Love you,
    Patty