Moopy & Aortus-with all 3 canines in tow-FINALLY moving to St. Louis today!

Options

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Noel said:

Don't you just love Netflix
    Don't you just love Netflix Lynn? Is that a good movie?

I do love Netflix
    It has probably been 40+ years since I watched that movie. It's a classic old musical love story. There's an old song you can google that goes "Meet me in St. Louee, Louee; meet me at the Fair. Don't tell me your eyes are shining, anyplace but there... " "I think "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" many come from that movie, too. Lynn
  • The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Aortus said:

We're heeeeeeerrrrrrre!
    And thrilled to be here too. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive without doggies; 5 hours with. Eefy was angelic, Yongy was very good, and Nubi will be fully sedated for the drive back home. I will say that he didn't take a leak, or crap, or barf. But he did whine the whole way.

Moopy, of course, is spectacular. She should be getting ready for bed now but she insists on unpacking and getting things ready. You will no doubt hear from the Moopster sometime tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for everything!

Best,
    Joe

happy trails
    Hello,
    So glad you made it in good shape, although I can't imagine a 5 hour trip with our one "Fluffles" much your "herd"! Hopefully things will get better as you settle in. Best wishes for your treatments. Keep us updated (like I need to tell YOU 2 that LOL)
    Take Care,
    Mike
    aka MUD
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

happy trails
    Hello,
    So glad you made it in good shape, although I can't imagine a 5 hour trip with our one "Fluffles" much your "herd"! Hopefully things will get better as you settle in. Best wishes for your treatments. Keep us updated (like I need to tell YOU 2 that LOL)
    Take Care,
    Mike
    aka MUD

2nd simulation?
    When is your 2nd simulation Moopy? Have you had it yet? Was it ok? Ok, lots of questions...just worry about you. Love, Jeanne
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I do love Netflix
    It has probably been 40+ years since I watched that movie. It's a classic old musical love story. There's an old song you can google that goes "Meet me in St. Louee, Louee; meet me at the Fair. Don't tell me your eyes are shining, anyplace but there... " "I think "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" many come from that movie, too. Lynn

Nope
    Surrey With the Fringe on Top is from "Oklahoma"!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I am glad you guys made it
    I am glad you guys made it to your summer home safe and sound. Yes moopy lets us know how you are doing. There use to be a licorice factory down town St Louis. If you like the stuff, you get it fresh and it just the best you have ever had. Will be thinking about you,and hoping for the very best for you.

That's funny
    Katt,"summer home"!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

simulation?
    CG,
    What is radiation simulation? My Dad had radiation treatments for PC and I don't remember him having that?
    Thank you,
    Mike

I know what it is
    but I don't know,ladies,how would you describe it? Mike,they do it before your treatments start.I don't have a way with words,but it's like a "run through"or a practice run of a regular treatment. They figure out how they want to position you and everything.
    Ladies,(and men-Bill,did you have radiation?)if I've said something wrong,or if you can add to this,please do!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Aortus said:

We're heeeeeeerrrrrrre!
    And thrilled to be here too. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive without doggies; 5 hours with. Eefy was angelic, Yongy was very good, and Nubi will be fully sedated for the drive back home. I will say that he didn't take a leak, or crap, or barf. But he did whine the whole way.

Moopy, of course, is spectacular. She should be getting ready for bed now but she insists on unpacking and getting things ready. You will no doubt hear from the Moopster sometime tomorrow.

Best,
    Joe

Glad that you and Moops
    made it there okay!Hope you enjoy St. Louis,but also that rads goes by fast with very little if any burning for Moopy!
    Love you both,
    Patty PS. How did you guys name your dogs(like Yongo Bongo)?
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options

simulation?
    CG,
    What is radiation simulation? My Dad had radiation treatments for PC and I don't remember him having that?
    Thank you,
    Mike

They have to fit your arms
    They have to fit your arms in a mold so that they will be in exactly the same position every time you come for treatment. And get the machines set for you.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Aortus said:

We're heeeeeeerrrrrrre!

Best,
    Joe

Good luck guys! Give us a
    Good luck guys! Give us a blow by blow on the treatment. We're all interested.
    Dee
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday...
    Dear Moopy:

Best wishes that all goes well today, during your 2nd rads simulation. Hoping you'll begin actual treatment soon afterwards - Friday or Monday? Gotta start, so that you can finish!

As you can see by this thread, we're thinking of you. Please keep us posted. And, yes - since you'll undergo "state of the art" rads, many of us are interested in the process. Would greatly appreciate hearing all about it. (Maybe Aortus can do that.)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

It's Wednesday...
    Dear Moopy:

Best wishes that all goes well today, during your 2nd rads simulation. Hoping you'll begin actual treatment soon afterwards - Friday or Monday? Gotta start, so that you can finish!

As you can see by this thread, we're thinking of you. Please keep us posted. And, yes - since you'll undergo "state of the art" rads, many of us are interested in the process. Would greatly appreciate hearing all about it. (Maybe Aortus can do that.)

Kind regards, Susan

I missed something...
    why is Moopy's rads different? Susan, you said State of the art rads....is this the reason for the simulations? What type of rads is Moopy having? This very inquiring mind (not neccessarily "smart"!) would like to know!! :) Pammy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Nope
    Surrey With the Fringe on Top is from "Oklahoma"!

Of course , lol
    May I blame chemobrain?
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Of course , lol
    May I blame chemobrain?

Lynn,
    Sure you can!!I've never seen Meet Me In St. Louis. I need to rent that out!
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

I missed something...
    why is Moopy's rads different? Susan, you said State of the art rads....is this the reason for the simulations? What type of rads is Moopy having? This very inquiring mind (not neccessarily "smart"!) would like to know!! :) Pammy

Good News
    So glad you are all home safe and sound. Sleep well.
  • The1percen
    The1percen Member Posts: 135
    Options

I know what it is
    but I don't know,ladies,how would you describe it? Mike,they do it before your treatments start.I don't have a way with words,but it's like a "run through"or a practice run of a regular treatment. They figure out how they want to position you and everything.
    Ladies,(and men-Bill,did you have radiation?)if I've said something wrong,or if you can add to this,please do!

thank you!
    After I described this to my Dad, he said they did do that. He originally told me it was a treatment, without the treatment...LOL... OH,well.
    Thanks
    Mike
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

It's Wednesday...
    Dear Moopy:

Kind regards, Susan

Yes, Moopy, we are thinking
    Yes, Moopy, we are thinking of you as Susan said. Post when you can!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Yes, Moopy, we are thinking
    Yes, Moopy, we are thinking of you as Susan said. Post when you can!

AHAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Now we know where you are! Moopster......You can run, But you can't Hide.....Ferocious Fiona is on her way. I'll get her to stop in here en-route and collect your Aortus's 3'000 Guppies....LOL

Hope things are good there and your treatment is quick and painless......

We are all looking forward to hearing from you both.. HUGE HUGS J&JXxxxxxxxxxx
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

AHAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Now we know where you are! Moopster......You can run, But you can't Hide.....Ferocious Fiona is on her way. I'll get her to stop in here en-route and collect your Aortus's 3'000 Guppies....LOL

Hope things are good there and your treatment is quick and painless......

We are all looking forward to hearing from you both.. HUGE HUGS J&JXxxxxxxxxxx

Tasha, you are a riot! lol
    Tasha, you are a riot! lol
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Back from Simulation II
    It took almost 2 1/2 hours, but the Moopster is finally done with Simulation II2. The reason for this simulation was to recheck the radiation fields and the angles of approach and fit Moopy for her boluses (boli, whatever).

Moopy was, as always, a real trouper and came through just fine. But she said afterward that the simulation was worse than her mastectomy. Her left arm was bent at an angle and held up over her head by a mold. For the mastectomy, she had anesthesia and pain pills; all she had to help her today was Tylenol. She reports that it would make a very effective form of torture.

On the other hand, Moopy was very comforted by the precision and attention to detail of the radiation team here. Dr. Taylor herself came in three times to supervise the "practice runs" and complimented the lead therapist on "doing your usual great job." Dr. Taylor's nurse confirmed that Moopy will be receiving IMRT radiation without having to participate in the study - which is a real bonus.

Moopy has another appointment on Friday, but it will be a short one with the hyperthermia people to go over her "study plan." Apparently Mondays and Fridays will be looooong days as they do the heating. Finally, there is a start day: Monday, June 29. Woo-hoo! Moopy probably won't be doing much with her left arm tonight (and she's been hitting the Xanax again), but she wants to thank you all again for your good wishes and prayers and support. She also wants you to know you are all in her thoughts and prayers always. As you are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Best,
    Joe
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Aortus said:

Back from Simulation II
    It took almost 2 1/2 hours, but the Moopster is finally done with Simulation II2. The reason for this simulation was to recheck the radiation fields and the angles of approach and fit Moopy for her boluses (boli, whatever).

Moopy was, as always, a real trouper and came through just fine. But she said afterward that the simulation was worse than her mastectomy. Her left arm was bent at an angle and held up over her head by a mold. For the mastectomy, she had anesthesia and pain pills; all she had to help her today was Tylenol. She reports that it would make a very effective form of torture.

On the other hand, Moopy was very comforted by the precision and attention to detail of the radiation team here. Dr. Taylor herself came in three times to supervise the "practice runs" and complimented the lead therapist on "doing your usual great job." Dr. Taylor's nurse confirmed that Moopy will be receiving IMRT radiation without having to participate in the study - which is a real bonus.

Moopy has another appointment on Friday, but it will be a short one with the hyperthermia people to go over her "study plan." Apparently Mondays and Fridays will be looooong days as they do the heating. Finally, there is a start day: Monday, June 29. Woo-hoo! Moopy probably won't be doing much with her left arm tonight (and she's been hitting the Xanax again), but she wants to thank you all again for your good wishes and prayers and support. She also wants you to know you are all in her thoughts and prayers always. As you are always in my thoughts and prayers too.

Best,
    Joe

Thanks Joe
    Thanks so much for the update. Thinking of you both and of course the dogs.

Hugs to Moopy...... Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx