Not leaving you, but taking a break from the boards...I hope you understand

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Take a well-deserved break,
    Take a well-deserved break, my friend. There are times we all need to pull back and recharge. We love you and understand. We'll be right here waiting for your return.
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    completely understand
    Take care of yourself for whatever time it takes. You are an inspiration and so strong for all of us. It is your turn now to be #1. After reading about Moopy....I slept last night for 15 hours...that is how I handle stress most of the time. So, know that all of your kindred spirits are with you as you recharge.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I do understand.
    You need to take care of yourself first. Take the time you need and deserve. As many others have said we will all be here when you return. You will be in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    ladyg said:

I do understand.
    You need to take care of yourself first. Take the time you need and deserve. As many others have said we will all be here when you return. You will be in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Take good care of yourself.
    Take good care of yourself. We love you and will miss you, but understand.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I totally understand
    so many of us have really been saddened by what's happenend. I felt the same way after Moopy's passing. I think we all need to do what's best. I blanket you with prayers and warm positives thoughts.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Sending cyber hugs!
    Oh Claudia I so understand, you have been in my thoughts and prayers as well. I too have been a bit freaked out (okay a lot freaked out) these past months with all the recurrances. I do not have mets to the liver, however I was dx with fatty liver in May with high levels and counts, I will be calling my onco on Monday requesting blood work to recheck my levels. Trust me I totally understand, take what time you need, live life and enjoy yourself, recharge and get as strong as you can, you simply cannot always be superwoman none of us can. Thank you for all you do for us it is greatly appreciated, no YOU are greatly appreciated!

Love,

RE
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    RE said:

Sending cyber hugs!
    Oh Claudia I so understand, you have been in my thoughts and prayers as well. I too have been a bit freaked out (okay a lot freaked out) these past months with all the recurrances. I do not have mets to the liver, however I was dx with fatty liver in May with high levels and counts, I will be calling my onco on Monday requesting blood work to recheck my levels. Trust me I totally understand, take what time you need, live life and enjoy yourself, recharge and get as strong as you can, you simply cannot always be superwoman none of us can. Thank you for all you do for us it is greatly appreciated, no YOU are greatly appreciated!

Love,

RE

That's survivor behavior!
    I attend a support group run by Dr. Bernie Seigel. He was a surgeon and specialized in cancer. He was very well known in the 80s for his books and meditation tapes. He is also a very spritual man. LHe was one of the first to consider the mind body connection with cancer patients. He would be very proud of you for putting your needs first. Not an easy task for a giving person like you. To keep healing we must keep hoping and with all the losses recently that has been a challenge for all of us. Be well and be happy. Remember that we all love you, appreciate all you have done for us and we will be hear if you need us.

Roseann
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    roseann4 said:

That's survivor behavior!
    I attend a support group run by Dr. Bernie Seigel. He was a surgeon and specialized in cancer. He was very well known in the 80s for his books and meditation tapes. He is also a very spritual man. LHe was one of the first to consider the mind body connection with cancer patients. He would be very proud of you for putting your needs first. Not an easy task for a giving person like you. To keep healing we must keep hoping and with all the losses recently that has been a challenge for all of us. Be well and be happy. Remember that we all love you, appreciate all you have done for us and we will be hear if you need us.

Roseann

Good for you.
    I have just returned from an early trip to the airport and was about to email you..to say just that...take a break and look after yourself. Of course you will be missed...but we'll keep the light burning for you when you feel ready to return. You'll be in our thoughts every day..just as if you were here. Take care. Pat
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Take Care of yourself Chen!!
    Take Care of yourself Chen!! I totally understand, I'm feeling bad because I haven't been on the boards lately. Then I log on and find we have lost two warriors, breaks my heart. I have a PT Scan on Thursday and I'm pretty scared, Moopy or Joe always commented on my stuff because Moopy and I had the same diagnoses. I pray you find the strength you need and I pray you refuel your spirit. My heart bleeds for all of my warriors who feel any pain, please know that each and every one of you are in my prayers always. Sorry it's been so long since I've been on.
    Hugs,
    Kari
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    take good care of yourself
    hope you can spend some quality time recharging with Reggie........ your good spirits and kindness will be missed while you are away, but we all wish the very best for you. Hugs
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Understand
    I understand what you are saying and I think it is important to take care of yourself when you need to or you won't be worth a hoot to others. It has been a few tough weeks with Heide and Lisa. I try to not think of what might happen but when a sister falls....you can't help but think about it. In the famous words of Mr. Spock.....right now the needs of the One outweigh the needs of the many....you are the One. Take care of yourself and don't stay away too long.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I understand. You need to
    I understand. You need to take care of yourself. Hugs.
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    I understand
    Chen,

Take the time you need. I understand what you're saying about your heart racing wondering what you will see on the board. I want to avoid opening some of the posts because I know from the subject lines that they will be bad news (but I usually open them anyway).

You are a strong person with a great heart to help others. Focus on feeding your homeless people and resting so you regain your energy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Reggie and I hope to see you on the board again soon.

With hugs and thanks,
    Wolfi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Yes, the loss of 2 sisters
    Yes, the loss of 2 sisters and all so suddenly is very sad. I totally understand you needing to take care of YOU now! Go rejuvenate your heart and soul and we'll be waiting for your return. I hope you find the peace to begin the healing process. Kindred spirit, we are here for you, I know you know that!! (((Hugs)))
  • calvertcrafts
    calvertcrafts Member Posts: 93 Member
    Chen
    Relax, regenerate, and enjoy your away time. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers until you can rejoin us!! Take all the time you need.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    on the boards or off
    Dear Chen,
    On or off the boards, you remain in my thoughts and prayers.Enjoy your time away from it all and savor your time by the ocean with Reggie.
    Love and hugs, K
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Wolfi said:

I understand
    Chen,

Take the time you need. I understand what you're saying about your heart racing wondering what you will see on the board. I want to avoid opening some of the posts because I know from the subject lines that they will be bad news (but I usually open them anyway).

You are a strong person with a great heart to help others. Focus on feeding your homeless people and resting so you regain your energy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Reggie and I hope to see you on the board again soon.

With hugs and thanks,
    Wolfi

Dearest Chen, You have been
    Dearest Chen, You have been such a wonderfully positive resource here since I came on board over a year ago. I always looked forward to your posts and found a lot of love and support coming from your heart to ours. I remember thinking what a super human woman you are to have gone thru so much and still keep coming on strong. I have felt so puny lately because I wasn't bouncing back like I thought I should and then with all the terrible news lately, I felt like I would have to quit the board, too depressing. Well because of you and others, I found the strength to keep pressing on but I'm not here everyday, having to take a break ever so often. I still think you're that 50 ft. super human woman. Take as long as you need, but I know you'll be back stronger than ever. Till then, dear friend, take care of yourself and remember how much you're loved here and by all your family and friends. Wishing you well and sending you much love, Sunrae.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Chen
    Stay strong and recharge your body and spirit. See you soon.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    taleena said:

My dear friend, sister,
    My dear friend, sister, kindred spirit... I must say that I whole heartidly appreciate, your honesty... these days have been difficult I can only imagine how much more difficult it is for you, and our other stage 4 sisters. Though I am sorry that you will not be participating on the boards as you always have for now, I am so glad that you see and are acting on the need to care for yourself at this time. That needs to be the number one priority... without taking time for ourselves we are unable to truly care for others.... rest my friend... recharge those batteries... take all the time you need... and as Kathy said we will be here...waiting ... for your return... we love you!! So glad that you have your sweet Reggie by your side... Rest my friend! And remember ... you are loved.

Hugs, to last until your return.

~T

How did I miss this one??
    Chen,

I just saw your post on FB, enjoy your getaway and I hope you will relax and recharge
    These have been tough times on the board and I can see your point.

But kindred spirits are like stars even if we don't always see them, we know they
    are there!

Already looking forward to your next post.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    I Understand
    Hi,

I totally understand. I took time off a few years ago. I felt like it was bringing me down and I needed to move on with my life. I'm back as stage 4 now but I agree. I don't go on everyday, only when I feel the need. It can be hard when we lose ones we have cared about for years. It can be hard to support those just starting when you know where you are in your own care. Best of luck to you. I hope and pray and send positive thoughts your way. God Bless.

Terry