Lost My Best Friend

Scotch Freckles
Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ladies I must share with you how wonderful my best friend is. My best friend was always recoginzed as one of the good guys. He would give the shirt of his back to any one in need. He held my head when I couldn't during chemo. He did his best to suffer with me, he wasn't good at that, though tried to out do me with shingles on his forhead. Yes, my husband of 37 years died suddendly early Monday morning. We were sitting in bed talking over the past, present, and future. He was sitting on the side of the bed petting the dog lying next to him and carring on a conversation. The next thing I knew his was lying on his back and gone, just gone. The past day or two, I have lost track of time have been busy, tearful, full of phone calls, dealing with Mortuary, having a very close friend come to hold my hand at the Mortuary. As we all get through the traumas of life as I will work through the quiet of our home. I will be back, eventually.

Scotch Freckles

Comments

• Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    I am so sorry
    I am so sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.
    God Bless You
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.
    God Bless You

Oh, no
    this is awful. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

A big huge hug is wrapped around you.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    aisling8 said:

Oh, no
    this is awful. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

A big huge hug is wrapped around you.

xoxo
    Victoria

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry to hear this news. God bless you and your family.
    Marsha
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am so sorry to hear this.
    It is never easy to lose someone and it surely must be a lot harder when it is so unexpected.
    You have my deepest sympathy. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so so sorry
    So sorry you are going through this
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I sent you a pm, if you are still checking....
    Please let me know how I can help!!!! My phone number is there in the pm...I have LOTS of frequent flier miles....I can be there tomorrow....

Hugs, Kathi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    so so sorry!
    Oh Scotch my heart just hurts for you, I am so sorry to hear this! I do not have words that will make a difference but I will be praying for you and yours. I am glad you were so blessed with a man that loved you and cared for you, hold on to the memories built during the years you had together, I have a feeling he is watching over his love.

Tight Hugs,

RE
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    so so sorry!
    double post extremely sorry
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss
    I am so sorry for your loss of your husband. May God bless you as you deal with all of this Scotch Freckles - and please know we're sending you lots and lots of hugs over the miles.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    I am so very sorry for your
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Words seem so ineffective but I pray for love and strength to get you through this time.
    hugs
    jan
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    so so sorry
    There are no words. Prayers for you, Scotch Freckles and your family. xo.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I have no words
    to tell you how sorry I am to hear this.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

We are here for you.

Love,
    Cindy
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Sending my deepest concerns
    Sending my deepest concerns for you during this tragic time. There are no words to console. Know you are in the hearts and prayers of all your pink sisters.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    natly15 said:

Sending my deepest concerns
    Sending my deepest concerns for you during this tragic time. There are no words to console. Know you are in the hearts and prayers of all your pink sisters.

Oh no.
    I'm crying for you right now. I hope you have loving support from family and friends. My heart aches for you. Please know that you are loved and cared for by your bc sisters and we are here for you.

Roseann
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    My heart is
    My heart is breaking for you. How very sad but I can tell you must have wonderful memories of him. I wish I could hold your hand as well and give you a hug and be there for you.
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    So So Sorry
    My heart goes out to you in sympathy. I do not know the pain you are feeling, but can be a source of comfort if you need one. May God Bless you and your family through this most difficult and sad time. Eternal rest grant unto him Oh Lord, and bring peace and love to those left behind.
    Hugs - Pat
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Oh Kathryn, my heart is breaking for you
    I will never forget your kindness when I was having trouble with my second course of chemo. I wish that there were words to express how I feel for you. If you feel something odd, it's just me slipping my hand in yours as you did for me.

Sending prayers for you and your best friend.

♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫ Hugs from Heidi ♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    heidijez said:

Oh Kathryn, my heart is breaking for you
    I will never forget your kindness when I was having trouble with my second course of chemo. I wish that there were words to express how I feel for you. If you feel something odd, it's just me slipping my hand in yours as you did for me.

Sending prayers for you and your best friend.

♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫ Hugs from Heidi ♫♥´¯`•.¸¸.♥♫

I am so sorry
    To hear this tragic news. My heart is breaking as I read this. God bless you and your family and may the memories of your husband bring you comfort. We are always here for you. Come back when you feel like it.

Blessings,

Patti
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    So sorry for your loss.
    So sorry for your loss. Hugs.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    My prayers to you .
    I haven't been on this board for awhile now, but i heard your story and just had to come back. The loveand friendship of our kindred pink sisters has brought me through many personal trials and i am so very grateful that God has put these wonderful and amazing women into my life. I hope you feel our outpouring of love and prayers going out to you dear. my heart was so heavy as i read of your dear best friend and hubby passing. tears keep running as i write this. if there is anything at all i can do to help you through this please let me know. you can PM me anytime. Jackie Schumacher is my name. you are in my prayers.

Love and hugs, Jackie