Oncologist did not have good news yesterday

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I did not want to post my news so close to Heidi's but since we are both fighting the same type of cancer, Infammatory Breast Cancer, i decided to put the info here today. He said that my cancer markers are still quite high, and the pain on my right side is from the liver tumor. Also, the reason i am so tired every day is from the cancer, just so hard to do anything. He will do one more treatment, and then more scans at the end of the month. They gave me the drug Emend prior to my chemo and i feel a lot better this morning than i did last time. This is supposed to help with the nausea and I have seen it mentioned on previous posts. I have to go for the neulasta shot tonight. Just a little bummed, i hate the uncertainty, sometimes it is hard to be all chipper and positive like some people think you should be, however, i do not sit about crying and whining. So, today i am going to make some jello, (hahah no vodka though) I love you guys, hope everything is going well. Enjoy this crisp, cool day. I am still thinking of the beach! Also, i am keeping up with the Star magazine. Dirty details about John Travolta last week, although not suprizing in

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm wrapping my arms around you, sweet soul....
    can you feel them holding you tight?

Hugs, Kathi
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    So very sorry to hear this, Meena!
    And remember that we all need to hear all the news, not just the good news... so please don't even think about waiting to tell us something. No need to be "all RAWR!" (Moopy's term for how some people think you should be when you're fighting cancer) when you're among comrades and friends.

Although I have to admit it's shocking to hear that John Travolta may also be into guys. I mean, what next? They'll probably "prove" that Liberace was gay.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    So very sorry to hear this, Meena!
    Oops... double posted...
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    oh meena!
    i am so sorry that you have to suffer! just remember, jello is our friend ;)

starting physical therapy today - still dizzy - ct scan this afternoon and brain mri on monday! i didn't get this far to give up now!

hang in there. . . sending you lots of soft, gentle hugs and positive thoughts, heidi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Meena, you are never far
    Meena, you are never far from my thoughts. I haven't been posting too much lately but I do come on and read every day. I am sending you strength and gentle hugs to somehow help you get through this. Stay strong and continue to enjoy your life!!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Oh Meena your news is
    Oh Meena your news is heartbreaking and I am praying that the next treatment will begin to change things. Your inner light shines through every post--you are just amazing! Sending you a huge cyber hug and all of the courage that I can muster to help. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Oh and I missed the Travolta dirt, what's up with that?? Please keep us in the know!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Oh Meena your news is
    Oh Meena your news is heartbreaking and I am praying that the next treatment will begin to change things. Your inner light shines through every post--you are just amazing! Sending you a huge cyber hug and all of the courage that I can muster to help. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Oh and I missed the Travolta dirt, what's up with that?? Please keep us in the know!

Thinking of you too Meena.
    Thinking of you too Meena. Please always letus know, even though it is not what we want to hear, we want you to know that we care.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    carkris said:

Thinking of you too Meena.
    Thinking of you too Meena. Please always letus know, even though it is not what we want to hear, we want you to know that we care.

You are my hero!
    You are in my prayers daily Meena. Please keep posting to update us on how you are doing.

We all love you and are here to support you.

Enjoy your jello!

Hugs, Jan
  • sparkle1
    sparkle1 Member Posts: 242
    My prayers and well wishes
    My prayers and well wishes are being sent to you along with all the cyber hugs you can handle. Stay as strong.
    Sparkle
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    sparkle1 said:

My prayers and well wishes
    My prayers and well wishes are being sent to you along with all the cyber hugs you can handle. Stay as strong.
    Sparkle

Oh, no
    That's not good news at all. I'm so sorry.

Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Dear Meena,
    I am sorry that things have been so rough these days for you. I am glad the Emend was somewhat helpful. I have been thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Keep thinking of the beach. I find the imagery of the beach very comforting and relaxing when I am feeling overwhelmed and distressed.Don't worry about being Miss Mary Sunshine for everyone around you. It is too much of a burden to bear to be all sweetness and light when you are feeling crappy. Put your efforts into making every moment as pleasant as it can be.
    Gentle hugs, K
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    HI Meena
    Hi Meena. I don't post here very often, but I have a good friend who finished up treatment for BC a year or so ago and I sometimes come here. I feel like an interloper, hope nobody minds... Your story has touched me deeply. It's obvious how much love and support the other women on this board have for you. I hate cancer, it sucks.. all of it and I hope and pray that your treatment kicks in and the oncologist has good news next visit.
    Hugs,
    Cindy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ~Gentle Loving Hugs~
    Meena I agree with Aortus, please don't hesitate to post when you feel the need we can take it we care for you and want to give what support we can! No need to feel chipper and positive all the time, geez there are folks out there who are not dealing with all you have on your plate and they whine all the time so no worries there! Happy to hear that the Emend seems to be working for you that most certainly is good to hear! Keep you chin up and know that you are loved and cared about!

..... (¯`v´¯)♥
    .......•.¸.•´
    ....¸.•´
    ... (
    ☻/
    /▌♥♥
    / \ ♥♥RE
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    RE said:

~Gentle Loving Hugs~
    Meena I agree with Aortus, please don't hesitate to post when you feel the need we can take it we care for you and want to give what support we can! No need to feel chipper and positive all the time, geez there are folks out there who are not dealing with all you have on your plate and they whine all the time so no worries there! Happy to hear that the Emend seems to be working for you that most certainly is good to hear! Keep you chin up and know that you are loved and cared about!

..... (¯`v´¯)♥
    .......•.¸.•´
    ....¸.•´
    ... (
    ☻/
    /▌♥♥
    / \ ♥♥RE

"Chipper"?!?
    At no time during my treatment did I ever feel "chipper," and I didn't go through half of what you're going through, Meena.

I think Kay said it best -- with everything you've got going on, you do NOT need the burden of thinking you have to be Miss Mary Sunshine -- use your strength to take good care of yourself, both physically and spiritually, and anyone who says differently can just go to...can just kiss my...well, you know. :-)

John Travolta's batting for the other team now? Liberace was gay?!? Say it isn't so...next thing you know, they're going to be saying that Freddie Mercury and Rock Hudson were gay....

:-o Traci
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Meena
    you have been in my thoughts and prayers and my heart breaks that you continue to get bad news. I hope the next treatment helps. I take Emend and have had no nausea at all. You have been here for all of us and by no means do we ever expect perkiness while going through bc treatments. I pray that one day soon you will have positive news.
    {{gentle hugs}} Char
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    So sorry
    My thoughts & many prayers are with you.

Huge hugs,
    Tina
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    You Both
    are in my thoughts and prayers. I am sending big huge cyber hugs your way.
    Love, Pat
  • SDickerson
    SDickerson Member Posts: 44
    Praying for you
    God Bless you and your family...

Shannon
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93

Praying for you
    God Bless you and your family...

Shannon

Meena,
    Thoughts and prayers

Meena,

Thoughts and prayers heading your way. Please never hesitate to post. We are here for each other through good and bad. We celebrate each others triumphs and we try to be strong for each other when things aren't going the way we wish they were. I will be hoping for better news with your next treatment. Let us be positive and perky for you when you are down.

Hugs,
    Michelle
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Meena,
    Thoughts and prayers

Meena,

Thoughts and prayers heading your way. Please never hesitate to post. We are here for each other through good and bad. We celebrate each others triumphs and we try to be strong for each other when things aren't going the way we wish they were. I will be hoping for better news with your next treatment. Let us be positive and perky for you when you are down.

Hugs,
    Michelle

Hugging and Praying for you!
    I am also wrapping my arms around you Meena and giving you a consoling and heartfelt hug.

And like Michelle wrote, you need to post the good or the bad for us to read about you.

You are our sister in pink and we want to know exactly how you are doing.

Please know I am praying for you!

Sue :)