Oncologist did not have good news yesterday

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    aisling8 said:

Oh, no
    That's not good news at all. I'm so sorry.

Sending you hugs and positive thoughts.

xoxo
    Victoria

This just isn't fair Meena
    This just isn't fair Meena that this has even happened to you. You are such a fighter, such a true warrior. Keep fighting and know that I am here for you.

Praying,

Megan
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Ritzy said:

Hugging and Praying for you!
    I am also wrapping my arms around you Meena and giving you a consoling and heartfelt hug.

And like Michelle wrote, you need to post the good or the bad for us to read about you.

You are our sister in pink and we want to know exactly how you are doing.

Please know I am praying for you!

Sue :)

Thinking of you Meena
    Thinking of you.
    We are here for you.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Aortus said:

So very sorry to hear this, Meena!
    Oops... double posted...

I can't imagine what you are
    I can't imagine what you are going through Meena. Just keep fighting as hard as you can.

Thank you too for the updates. I look for them when I log on.

Hugs, Angie
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Hugs and Prayers
    Sending hugs and prayers your way Sweet Meena.
    BL
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Hugs and Prayers
    BL
  • Angie2U
    Aortus said:

So very sorry to hear this, Meena!
    Oops... double posted...

Double post sorry
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Hugs and Prayers
    BL

One day at a time
    Hugs to you. I think about you often, and send a prayer your way.
    Take care.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member

One day at a time
    Hugs to you. I think about you often, and send a prayer your way.
    Take care.

Meena,
    I agree with everyone

Meena,
    I agree with everyone that said you should always feel free to post, the good, the bad and the ugly. That's why we are here. We are the ears that will listen, the voice that will give you advise, love, strength and prayers, the heart that will give you love, the cyber arms that will hold you and hug you and stroke your hair and whisper prayers. I will hold you in my heart and my arms and prayers.
    Stef
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

HI Meena
    Hi Meena. I don't post here very often, but I have a good friend who finished up treatment for BC a year or so ago and I sometimes come here. I feel like an interloper, hope nobody minds... Your story has touched me deeply. It's obvious how much love and support the other women on this board have for you. I hate cancer, it sucks.. all of it and I hope and pray that your treatment kicks in and the oncologist has good news next visit.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

Glad to see you posting
    Glad to see you posting Meena, but, sorry that it isn't good news. Keep your chin up Meena.

Sending hugs and prayers,

Debby
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Dear Meena
    I'm so sorry that you aren't getting the results you'd hoped for yet. I'm sending love and cyber hugs to you.

And, as others have said, don't ever worry about sharing bad news. If anyone can take it, we can. Sharing sorrow makes it less sorrowful, and sharing joy multiplies it, so whatever you have, feel free to share.

Love,
    Cindy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

Dear Meena
    I'm so sorry that you aren't getting the results you'd hoped for yet. I'm sending love and cyber hugs to you.

And, as others have said, don't ever worry about sharing bad news. If anyone can take it, we can. Sharing sorrow makes it less sorrowful, and sharing joy multiplies it, so whatever you have, feel free to share.

Love,
    Cindy

Love you Meena...
    wish I could sit and share some jello with you :)

P.S. I don't think the Star is very accurate :/
  • Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    More Hugs and Prayers
    I'm adding my hugs and prayers to all those who posted before me today. Stay strong and positive - we will be here for you no matter what you post.

Sally
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    sea60 said:

Love you Meena...
    wish I could sit and share some jello with you :)

P.S. I don't think the Star is very accurate :/

Jello? My hubby and I love
    Jello? My hubby and I love jello. Well, certain flavors. LOL

I am adding a big hug and a big prayer for you too Meena.

Take care of yourself,

Noel
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

More Hugs and Prayers
    I'm adding my hugs and prayers to all those who posted before me today. Stay strong and positive - we will be here for you no matter what you post.

Sally

Thank you all so much for
    Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. Went for my neulasta shot and they were having a support meeting at the hospital so i stayed for that. i was the only stage 4 patient there, so i did not want to scare anyone, but i met some wonderful woman. There were about 20 woman there, and at the end a few of the woman hugged me, so much love. i hope that each one of you find a support group like this. I may start a new post about it. They meet each month, so i will defintely be there next month. Oh Yeah, GO PHILLIES!!!!
  • Angie2U
    meena1 said:

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. Went for my neulasta shot and they were having a support meeting at the hospital so i stayed for that. i was the only stage 4 patient there, so i did not want to scare anyone, but i met some wonderful woman. There were about 20 woman there, and at the end a few of the woman hugged me, so much love. i hope that each one of you find a support group like this. I may start a new post about it. They meet each month, so i will defintely be there next month. Oh Yeah, GO PHILLIES!!!!

I am glad you got to go to
    I am glad you got to go to the support meeting Meena. It sounds like you really enjoyed it. Yes, please post about it. I am sure all of us would like to know more about it.

And, you will always have the love and support of everyone here, your sisters in pink.
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Praying for You!
    So sorry to hear the crappy news. I'll be praying for you.

You're a woman after my own heart...LOVE Star magazine! LOL. Didn't see it this week! So...you have me hangin' in curiousity!...what's the "dirty" details regarding John Travolta! I gotta know!! LOL.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    meena1 said:

You and Heidijez are both
    You and Heidijez are both constantly in my thoughts and prayers. As another IBC warrior it is sometimes hard for me when either of you have bad news, but keep posting! This is a safe zone, where all of us can say exactly what we feel.

Your courage and gentle strength have touched me deeply. I know it will also touch the others in the support group you found. And I'm glad you were able to get some physical hugs in addition to all the cyber hugs you're getting!

I will keep sending postive thoughts and energy to you!

Linda
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    sal314 said:

Praying for You!
    So sorry to hear the crappy news. I'll be praying for you.

You're a woman after my own heart...LOVE Star magazine! LOL. Didn't see it this week! So...you have me hangin' in curiousity!...what's the "dirty" details regarding John Travolta! I gotta know!! LOL.

Blessings,
    Sally

worth asking about
    Just last week an acquaintance who knows of my diagnosis (which is basically like yours) called to ask me if I had heard of a new trial. I know that you're seeing one of the foremost doctors in the country but it might be worth asking about. This comes from Dr. Sledge at IU Medical Center in Indianapolis. He is a researcher/doctor who has spent years working on HER2+ cancers. This new study (trial) combines Herceptin with a VERY OLD chemo drug that goes by just a couple of letters and numbers-it has no name. I know this is vague, but the point is that Dr. Sledge told my friend that it is showing remarkable results, VERY PROMISING. I'm going to my onc on Friday and plan to ask about it. I'm pretty sure at this time I would not qualify and am not quite ready to give up on other options. I will however try to find out more about it.

I am sorry that your news was not what you, or any of us wanted to hear. I know first hand that it's not always easy to be "perky, positive, and strong" but try hard! Though attitude may not cure cancer, it can add a lot to our daily lives.

As always, best wishes.

Marsha
  • Angie2U

You and Heidijez are both
    You and Heidijez are both constantly in my thoughts and prayers. As another IBC warrior it is sometimes hard for me when either of you have bad news, but keep posting! This is a safe zone, where all of us can say exactly what we feel.

Your courage and gentle strength have touched me deeply. I know it will also touch the others in the support group you found. And I'm glad you were able to get some physical hugs in addition to all the cyber hugs you're getting!

I will keep sending postive thoughts and energy to you!

Linda

I couldn't say it any better
    I couldn't say it any better than Linda just did. Your courage and strength have touched all of us and showed, at least me, that I can fight again if necessary.

Sending cyber hugs,

Angie
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Meena.... this made me cry
    I love your posts and I love how dish out the dirt for us.

Please hang on to your hope, without hope, we got nothing. And who knows..
    honestly who know in some small lab in a far away land or maybe just in a lab across
    town, someone may just make a breakthrough.

Dear Meena, this is what I tell myself and I hang on for that moment. So should you.

I wish I could give your a real but this has to suffice, so consider yourself
    squeezed tight and held.

Sending you lotsa of love!

Ayse