saw the onc today and it's not good news

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
here's the scoop - my oncologist says i have a lot of cancer left in me and he has no options to offer me - i have maxed out on chemo - and am triple negative - he is searching for a clinical trial somewhere, anywhere in the united states that might be able to help me. i will start physical therapy on wednesday so we can get going with radiation.

i was very sick this weekend, dizzy and vomiting on saturday. still dizzy on sunday but no vomiting. dizzy today too, not quite as bad. so now they are scheduling a brain mri because inflammatory breast cancer somehow affects the brain.

trying to be brave, but it's really difficult today ;(

Comments

• Miss Murphy
    Miss Murphy Member Posts: 302
    At the Top
    Just want you to know that I'm sorry that you didn't get better news from your onc. You have moved right on up there to the top of my prayer list and I'm sending all kinds of positive thoughts and good wishes your way. Please continue to fight the good fight and hopefully there will be a trial out there that will be of benefit to you.

Hugs, Sally
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    sorry
    Heidi -
    So sorry to hear your not-so-good news. You are definitely in my prayers.
    Linda
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    linpsu said:

sorry
    Heidi -
    So sorry to hear your not-so-good news. You are definitely in my prayers.
    Linda

You're in my prayers as well.
    Here's praying that your doctor finds something.
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Member Posts: 43
    You are so brave. Many
    You are so brave. Many people have had great success with clinical trials so I am wishing the best for you.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Praying for you my sister in
    Praying for you my sister in pink :)
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762

Praying for you my sister in
    Praying for you my sister in pink :)

Let's hold "virtual" hands in the MRI
    my brain Mri is scheduled for Wed, what about yours?
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    So, So Sorry
    to hear the "not so good" news Heidi. I'll be praying for you!

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord and will bring you back from captivity."

~ Jeremiah 29:11-14

Sally
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Gosh heidi I am so sorry...
    to come across your post tonight. I will pray for you to pull through all this. Love Ronda
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Gosh heidi I am so sorry...
    to come across your post tonight. I will pray for you to pull through all this. Love Ronda

So sorry for the bad news. I
    So sorry for the bad news. I am sending you hugs and prayers.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) to
    ((((((((((HUGS))))))))) to you, sweet Heidi. I know how hard it is to be upbeat and positive in the face of not-so-good-news. That having been said, please know that you are now completly surrounded by this strong army of warrior sisters with all of the strength and prayers and karma and goodness that we can muster in your behalf. We love you~ you are family! Here's hoping you not only feel better soon, but that you find a trial which will not just prolong your life for untold years, but give you great quality as well.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kat11 said:

So sorry for the bad news. I
    So sorry for the bad news. I am sending you hugs and prayers.

sorry the news wasnt what
    sorry the news wasnt what you had hoped for. hope they find a trial soon. we are here for you HUGS
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm sending you all the
    I'm sending you all the positive energy I've got!

Big hugs,

Linda
  • reeseslover1234
    reeseslover1234 Member Posts: 87
    Praying!!!
    Heidi, I will be praying for a full and complete recovery for you. I'm very sorry you had to hear this news. Keep your strength to fight, but put it in God's hands. He can do anything!!!

Lots of love and prayers,

Reese
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Dear Heidi im sending
    Dear Heidi im sending postive vibes your way and i hope your doc finds the clinical trails you need asap! Let us know how the MRI turns out and will be prayin for you!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    jo jo said:

Dear Heidi im sending
    Dear Heidi im sending postive vibes your way and i hope your doc finds the clinical trails you need asap! Let us know how the MRI turns out and will be prayin for you!

Oh, Dear Heidi
    Praying and sending positive thoughts/energy/vibes. What disappointing news. Please, get some rest. Then hop back up and fight fight fight.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Victoria
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Praying!!!
    Heidi, I will be praying for a full and complete recovery for you. I'm very sorry you had to hear this news. Keep your strength to fight, but put it in God's hands. He can do anything!!!

Lots of love and prayers,

Reese

Please stay brave Heidi!
    Please stay brave Heidi! Praying that there is something out there that can help you.

Hugs, Jan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    So very sorry that this is
    So very sorry that this is not good news. I will keep my prayers and good thoughts headed your way. It has been a week for some not so good news for lots of us on this board. I hope that radiation will help you and that the mri does not give you further bad news. We are here for you.
    Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HUGS
    Dear Heidi I am so very sorry you did not get the good news we were all hoping for, I will continue to keep you in my heart and in my prayers. Please know that you are not alone, we are here for you and will do whatever cyber space allows. BIg hugs to you!

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
    ☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥RE
  • marines911
    marines911 Member Posts: 68
    We can relate
    We had a bad day today and now my wife is facing possible METS to the spinal cord near the brain. CT scan showed something near her nerve #5 and we are still awaiting some sort of response from UCLA about this FMGR clinical trial phase 2. If she does not qualify, then we move onto Navel Bean or a clinical phase 1 trial until the PARP inhibitor becomes available next year.

We will be praying for you and many others on this website.

Keep FIGHTING!!!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I am so sorry to hear that
    I am so sorry to hear that you have not had good news and that you are feeling so sick on top of it! Best wishes that the radiation is effective and that the brain mri is clear of cancer. You ARE brave. Keep fighting. xoxoxo Lynn