Reoccurence update

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Possitive thoughts!
    Hang in there Meena....attitude has such an effect on your whole body! We can't take away what we have been given, but we sure can focus on the here & now. So many people have a hard time doing that and miss so much in life by rushing ahead. Staying focused in the moment lets you appreciate and enjoy so many things we may have otherwised missed. I'm cheering for you!
    Hugs and hope,
    Pammy
  • bakerette
    bakerette Member Posts: 74
    I know you are worried about
    I know you are worried about how this will affect your ability to do your job in the future. I too have had that worry. But I guess I just have to trust that all will work out. Sorry chemo makes ya feel yuck. but, at least it seems to be helping some, so there is an upside. Enjoy your little get away just different scenery can sometimes make all the difference. Take care.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Loved hearing your good
    Loved hearing your good news.

Hoping for more good news for you.

Sending prayers and hugs.

Donna
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Loved hearing your good
    Loved hearing your good news.

Hoping for more good news for you.

Sending prayers and hugs.

Donna

Thank you guys! I know that
    Thank you guys! I know that i do not have to tell you how much I love all of you. I feel better this morning, so I will hang out in the house since it is so hot out. Thank you for the info on lymphedema. Heading to the beach tomorrow, cant wait.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    linpsu said:

Meena
    I didn't realize you are from Philly - I live about one hour away and another bc survivor recommended that I get a second opinion from doctors in Philadelphia. Where is your dr. located (which hospital) and where do you go for your treatments?

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time with chemo, and I hope you can get the lymphedema under control. I just had surgery on Tuesday and am really scared about lymphedema.

Nice to see a post from you
    Nice to see a post from you Meena. I have been worried by not seeing one.

Sorry the chemo is so tough on you. I will pray that it will get easier.

Enjoy the shore!
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    joining with the others here . . .
    to say how glad I am to hear that you have, hopefully, seen some improvement!

I am also seeing a PT (who works with bc patients) for mild lymphedema . . . have instructions on what to do at home to keep the fluid from building up, and wear a compression sleeve during the day. I'm hoping that that will keep it under control.

Hope to hear good news from you again after your CT scan on Aug 2 -

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers,

♥ Lynn ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Meena, it was good to see
    Meena, it was good to see your update. I'm thrilled that the chemo is doing its job...that's GREAT news!! Good luck, too, on getting the lymphedema under control. Have a wonderful, relaxing, stress-free time at the beach. We'll be here waiting to hear about your trip.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    meena1 said:

Thank you guys! I know that i do not have to tell you how much I love all of you. I feel better this morning, so I will hang out in the house since it is so hot out. Thank you for the info on lymphedema. Heading to the beach tomorrow, cant wait.

Good luck with your
    Good luck with your lymphedema Meena. Glad the chemo is working, just sorry it is so bad for you this time.

Praying for you and sending you positive thoughts! Keep us updated!

Jan
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I've got fingers and toes
    I've got fingers and toes crossed for the cat scan. Glad you are getting a little break and hope you have a wonderful time! I am so sorry for what you are going through, but am so happy that there is improvement. Thank you for posting and please keep in touch!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Meena, I'm so sorry that
    Meena, I'm so sorry that chemo has been rough for you. I pray that it will get better for you. I still can't believe you had a recurrence. I never had lymphedema, but, I wish you well with whatever means you can find to help you with it. Praying for you!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Enjoy the shore...
    take care of you, dearheart!!!

Time off from cancer is always a great thing...the shore sounds PERFECT!!!

Sorry about the swelling and the rough chemo, but I'm dancing for the beast being on the run!!!

...sending BIG healthy vibes your way!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    meena1 said:

Ditto!
    Ditto to the love Meena! I think that is obvious by all of your support on here!

So very happy to know you are feeling better!

Hoping you had a wonderful time at the beach! Keep posting to let us know how you are!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    KathiM said:

Enjoy the shore...
    take care of you, dearheart!!!

Time off from cancer is always a great thing...the shore sounds PERFECT!!!

Sorry about the swelling and the rough chemo, but I'm dancing for the beast being on the run!!!

...sending BIG healthy vibes your way!

Hugs, Kathi

Hoping you are really
    Hoping you are really enjoying the shore Meena! Sounds good to me!

Hugs, Megan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    MNLynn said:

joining with the others here . . .
    to say how glad I am to hear that you have, hopefully, seen some improvement!

I am also seeing a PT (who works with bc patients) for mild lymphedema . . . have instructions on what to do at home to keep the fluid from building up, and wear a compression sleeve during the day. I'm hoping that that will keep it under control.

Hope to hear good news from you again after your CT scan on Aug 2 -

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers,

♥ Lynn ♥

Sending you prayers that
    Sending you prayers that your CAT scan will be good! Update us!

Hugs, Leeza
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Praying you are having a wonderful time at the shore
    and that your arm is doing much better.

Thank you for sharing the good new on your improvement.

Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers,
    Sylvia
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

I've got fingers and toes
    I've got fingers and toes crossed for the cat scan. Glad you are getting a little break and hope you have a wonderful time! I am so sorry for what you are going through, but am so happy that there is improvement. Thank you for posting and please keep in touch!

Crossing my fingers and toes
    Crossing my fingers and toes too for your CAT scan! Hope you are relaxing and enjoying the beach!

Hugs, Debby
  • Yvette39
    Yvette39 Member Posts: 17
    Meena
    I have been dealing with lymphedema for the past 8 months in my left arm. I go to Cooper Cancer Center in Akron to a lymphedema PT. I just filed for disability on several issues including lymphedema due to job performance. I'm struggling to do my job when I have swelling in my left arm. There are days when I have so much swelling I can't make a fist or bend my fingers. I wish you luck and hope everything works out for you.
  • Yvette39
    Yvette39 Member Posts: 17
    Meena
    I have been dealing with lymphedema for the past 8 months in my left arm. I go to Cooper Cancer Center in Akron to a lymphedema PT. I just filed for disability on several issues including lymphedema due to job performance. I'm struggling to do my job when I have swelling in my left arm. There are days when I have so much swelling I can't make a fist or bend my fingers. I wish you luck and hope everything works out for you.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Yvette39 said:

Meena

Hoping that your lymphedema
    Hoping that your lymphedema will get better for you. Praying for you!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Yvette39 said:

Meena

Sending you lots of luck and
    Sending you lots of luck and positive thoughts for your Cat scan on Monday!

Please keep updating us Meena, as, we all are thinking of you and praying for you!

Hugs, Diane