Reoccurence update

meena1
meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone, I saw the post asking how I was, I was having trouble posting last nite, but I have been around. Chemo on Thursday was very rough, still recovering today. My doctor sees great improvement, my liver and lymph nodes are not swollen, I have a cat scan scheduled on Monday, Aug 2, so hopefully that will comfirm that. However, my second nightmare has come true, I have lymphedema in my right arm, some swelling and tingling. I will be going for physical therapy for that soon. I am upset on how this will affect my job, I am on disability right now. It has been so stinking hot here, but my hubby and I are going away down the shore for a couple days, Monday to Wednesday. i hope everyone is well, take care

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Sorry about all the pain and stress, Meena
    ...but I can't help locking in on that "great improvement" part. Moopy and I are rooting for you and we know you'll win this round too.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Meena~
    I too am zeroing in

Meena~

I too am zeroing in on your good news~ so so so happy your nodes and liver are responding so well to the chemo~ yukky as the chemo is!

I hope the lymphedema will be controlled as well, of course.

Enjoy your time away; Lord knows you deserve it! Relax and enjoy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    chenheart said:

Meena~
    I too am zeroing in

Meena~

I too am zeroing in on your good news~ so so so happy your nodes and liver are responding so well to the chemo~ yukky as the chemo is!

I hope the lymphedema will be controlled as well, of course.

Enjoy your time away; Lord knows you deserve it! Relax and enjoy!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Hi Meena!
    I was thrilled to see a post from you. I, as the others here, was getting worried about you.

So sorry that the chemo is hitting you so hard. And, hoping that the PT can help you with the lymphedema.

We all love you and are praying for you. Keep updating us please.

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Aortus said:

Sorry about all the pain and stress, Meena
    ...but I can't help locking in on that "great improvement" part. Moopy and I are rooting for you and we know you'll win this round too.

You are going through so
    You are going through so much Meena. I pray for you everyday.

Enjoy your time at the shore!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Ritzy said:

Hi Meena!
    I was thrilled to see a post from you. I, as the others here, was getting worried about you.

So sorry that the chemo is hitting you so hard. And, hoping that the PT can help you with the lymphedema.

We all love you and are praying for you. Keep updating us please.

Sue :)

Meena, glad you're
    Meena, glad you're responding well to the treatments, although the chemo is not fun. I also have lymphedema in the right arm and am taking some physical theraphy. It has helped and I sometimes wear a compression sleeve and glove. Some of the swelling has gone down for the time being, but I know it will come and go over time. I'm still in chemo treatments too but only have a couple left. Wishing you well and looking forward to seeing you post when you're up to it.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Hope you're feeling better from that nasty chemo today.
    So glad to hear about the liver and lymph node improvement. I had 23 lymph nodes removed, so I've also had my lymphedema worries. I've had some swelling, soreness,etc. but mostly in my breast, armpit and trunk. I'm working with a PT who specializes in lymphedema and breast cancer aftercare. She is also working on my range of motion and mobility--since if I can move that arm around better, the lymphatic fluid will have a better chance of migrating and not pooling. She has given me things to do at home. It takes time, but it's good to be pro-active about it. I hope you find a good therapist who specializes in this issue. They are not easy to find and a couple that I called were booked up for months!

Enjoy the shore and try to breathe in that ocean air.

Hugs, Renee
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    missrenee said:

Hope you're feeling better from that nasty chemo today.
    So glad to hear about the liver and lymph node improvement. I had 23 lymph nodes removed, so I've also had my lymphedema worries. I've had some swelling, soreness,etc. but mostly in my breast, armpit and trunk. I'm working with a PT who specializes in lymphedema and breast cancer aftercare. She is also working on my range of motion and mobility--since if I can move that arm around better, the lymphatic fluid will have a better chance of migrating and not pooling. She has given me things to do at home. It takes time, but it's good to be pro-active about it. I hope you find a good therapist who specializes in this issue. They are not easy to find and a couple that I called were booked up for months!

Enjoy the shore and try to breathe in that ocean air.

Hugs, Renee

Hang in there Meena!
    I got lucky and never or haven't yet had lymphedema. Thanks for updating us on how you are doing. Enjoy the shore!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Sounds like the chemo, as
    Sounds like the chemo, as rough as it is, is doing the trick. I am glad to hear that good news. Enjoy that trip to the shore. You have earned it! I'll be praying that the lymphedema is minimal and that your catscan confirms what your doctor sees. xoxoxox Lynn
  • sohardbnme
    sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
    Enjoy your trip
    Ditto, all of the well wishes everyone else sent...
    You are in my thoughts...
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    That is good news
    SO happy to hear the good news on the lymph nodes and liver. I hope you are feeling well. You are in my prayers all the time. Take care Kay
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    lynn1950 said:

Sounds like the chemo, as
    Sounds like the chemo, as rough as it is, is doing the trick. I am glad to hear that good news. Enjoy that trip to the shore. You have earned it! I'll be praying that the lymphedema is minimal and that your catscan confirms what your doctor sees. xoxoxox Lynn

So good to read that the
    So good to read that the chemo is doing its job for you Meena.

Glad that you are getting away from the heat to rest and have some fun.

Good luck to you and praying for you!

Hugs, Megan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

That is good news
    SO happy to hear the good news on the lymph nodes and liver. I hope you are feeling well. You are in my prayers all the time. Take care Kay

Glad that Chemo has been working
    Wishing your cat scan will support many improvements that you and your oncologist have recently seen.
    As for lymphedema I am sorry that you have to deal with it. I have lymphedema and wearing compression sleeve and glove daily. I just came from my session with lymphedema therapist. Do not worry about your job right now. I just started my new job and have to do stretches and moving around every hour. It is manageable and you will control it.
    Have a nice trip and enjoy time away!
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

That is good news

Good luck with your CAT scan
    Good luck with your CAT scan and let us know the results when you can.

Hate that the chemo is hitting you so hard.

Praying for you and take care of yourself!

Hugs, Debby
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hi Meena
    I know what you mean about the heat. If I remember correctly, you are in Philadelphia, which is about 1 hour north of me here in Maryland. It's over 100 degrees here today. Enjoy your time at the shore, and hopefully, you will get a little relief from the heat. You are in my thoughts & prayers. Hugs, Jean
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Hi Meena,
    So glad about the

Hi Meena,
    So glad about the good news. Sorry about the chemo being rough. Enjoy your time at the shore and I hope the lymphedema improves.
    Have a great time.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Hi Meena,
    So glad about the

Hi Meena,
    So glad about the good news. Sorry about the chemo being rough. Enjoy your time at the shore and I hope the lymphedema improves.
    Have a great time.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Hi
    I am sorry you are having a hard time.Sounds like fun to get away a few days.Enjoy. PPurdin.
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    ppurdin said:

Hi
    I am sorry you are having a hard time.Sounds like fun to get away a few days.Enjoy. PPurdin.

Hang in there!! Stay strong
    Hang in there!! Stay strong and positive!!!

laura
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    lolad said:

Hang in there!! Stay strong
    Hang in there!! Stay strong and positive!!!

laura

Bad chemo, but yeah for the
    Bad chemo, but yeah for the good news. Enjoy the weekend get-away.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Meena
    I didn't realize you are from Philly - I live about one hour away and another bc survivor recommended that I get a second opinion from doctors in Philadelphia. Where is your dr. located (which hospital) and where do you go for your treatments?

Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time with chemo, and I hope you can get the lymphedema under control. I just had surgery on Tuesday and am really scared about lymphedema.