“The Wait Is Over” - Sundance & Big Billy TO BE Published by Coping Magazine

Sundanceh
Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
edited June 2013 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Does anyone out there still believe in the legend of Big Billy?

No?

Well, take a long look in your rear-view mirror at the reflection staring back at you – because, today he became very REAL!

The Sundance Channel, in close association with Team Sundance, is proud to announce that The Story of Big Billy has been chosen for publication by Coping Magazine in an upcoming issue. 

The proposed dates for release will be anywhere after June 2013 to January 2014.  They release six magazines every year that cover a two month period with each release.   

This is an extremely proud day for me – a day that I thought would never come…and how I’ve waited so long and yearned so hard for the day when I would be able to deliver some good news on the cancer front. 

For those who have known me from the beginning, or anywhere along the line, I’m sure that your chests are puffed out today as well:)  And that’s because we all knew how much hard work it took to get to this point. 

Who is Coping Magazine?

About Coping®<

Comments

• lesvanb
    lesvanb Member Posts: 905
    Big Bad Texas Billy rides again

words a'blazin and a'smoking. Pull up a chair y'all, and sit a spell with that Coping mag and soak in the legendary story of Big Billy.

congrats Craig! awesome news.

Love, Les

• Sundanceh
    lesvanb said:

Big Bad Texas Billy rides again

words a'blazin and a'smoking. Pull up a chair y'all, and sit a spell with that Coping mag and soak in the legendary story of Big Billy.

congrats Craig! awesome news.

Love, Les

Dearest Les:)

I so much wanted for you to see this post! 

I'm thrilled that you picked today to come and see me:)

Love!

-Me

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    YAAAAY!

Such awesome news, Craig!  I knew it would happen for you some day, and I'm so glad I'm around to see it.  The publishing environment is a tough world, and it really says something about you that you were able to "get to yes" with a major magazine like this.  Can't wait to see it when it comes out.  Your librarian is darn proud of you!  Big hugs and congratulations~AA

PS  It was incredibly nice of Jen to help you with this...Jen, you are a real peach!

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Big Billy

Congratulations  Craig.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Yeeeee-Haaaawww BIG BILLY!!!!!!

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Yay!!!   This is VERY

Yay!!!   This is VERY exciting news.  Thank you Craig, and you Ann, for your kind words, they really mean a lot...but this was all you Craig!  I just provided the link and you made sure they got to know you!  Very smart - though I think they would have published it just based on the story, but I'm glad you gave them the chance to know Craig and not just  Billy!

Writing is such a gift and I'm so glad you are sharing that gift.  You will touch many lives with the story and the quotes.  That was a great idea they had grabbing those quotes out!

Just AWESOME!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Wonderful

There was no doubt in my mind that someone would eventually find how incredible you are as a writer.  Very proud of you and glad that you will finally get your story out there.

Kim

• joemetz
    joemetz Member Posts: 493
    big congrats to you

I'm so excited to read this news.

Goes to show that hard work, great content, excellent writing and persistance pays off.

way to go.  thanks for inspiring us all.

Joe

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    cool!

I had never heard of this magazine but will buy a copy (or e-read it) when your article comes out

Karin

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    jen2012 said:

Yay!!!   This is VERY

Yay!!!   This is VERY exciting news.  Thank you Craig, and you Ann, for your kind words, they really mean a lot...but this was all you Craig!  I just provided the link and you made sure they got to know you!  Very smart - though I think they would have published it just based on the story, but I'm glad you gave them the chance to know Craig and not just  Billy!

Writing is such a gift and I'm so glad you are sharing that gift.  You will touch many lives with the story and the quotes.  That was a great idea they had grabbing those quotes out!

Just AWESOME!

i guess

you Texans really know how to pull it all together.im so proud of you craig and big billy.i soo much wanted that book to be published but this news is great.who knows this just might be a stepping stone in that direction.wish i could give you a big hug but a cyber one will have to do.((((((((((HUG))))))))))..Godbless...johnnybegood

• Chelsea71
    Chelsea71 Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    Congratulations Craig. I
    Congratulations Craig. I can't say I'm surprised. Knew it was just a matter of time. You have a gift for helping people with your words. I am not only happy for you but happy for all those people who are now struggling and will find comfort and understanding through reading your stories. Hoping this will motivate you to keep writing. Many of us are going through difficult times and could use some inspiration.

Jen, you too should be proud of your role. Your direction has helped to create a much bigger platform from which many others will benefit.

Chels
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    Chelsea71 said:

Congratulations Craig. I
    Congratulations Craig. I can't say I'm surprised. Knew it was just a matter of time. You have a gift for helping people with your words. I am not only happy for you but happy for all those people who are now struggling and will find comfort and understanding through reading your stories. Hoping this will motivate you to keep writing. Many of us are going through difficult times and could use some inspiration.

Jen, you too should be proud of your role. Your direction has helped to create a much bigger platform from which many others will benefit.

Chels

One word only

Awesome!!!!

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    G'day craig

Good luck and congratulations. I know that feeling inside when even you haven't convinced yourself that what you are doing isn't the real deal. It is a cold and fragile feeling. But you did it and I think the whole crew here are beyond proud of you,hugs mate.Ron.

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Craig

Craig,

Awesome, awesomness, most awesomely news!!   So glad to hear this.  You do yourself and all of us honor by telling the story. 

Hugs!

Aloha,

Kathleen

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    thingy45 said:

One word only

Awesome!!!!

Being Your Fellow Texan

You know what my response is. IT'S ABOUT DAMMM TIME!!!

I'm so glad someone has finally recognized the special talent you have. It's been a really long haul, hasn't it?

Here's to the beginning of something great in your life. You certainly deserve it. You have put your heart and soul into so many things for each of us. Now is your time to shine.

Luv Ya,

"Mama" 

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

Craig

Craig,

Awesome, awesomness, most awesomely news!!   So glad to hear this.  You do yourself and all of us honor by telling the story. 

Hugs!

Aloha,

Kathleen

Indeed. Just a matter of

Indeed. Just a matter of time!  Persistence Paid off.  Well done Craig ! 

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Chelsea71 said:

Congratulations Craig. I

Chels

Ditto what Chelsea said

Craig, congratulations, you should be proud.  You certainly have a gift and you have helped me in the short time I have been on this board.  Those of us that you have reached out to are also feeling proud for you!! 

Looking forward to the article!

Smile

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Nana b said:

Indeed. Just a matter of

Indeed. Just a matter of time!  Persistence Paid off.  Well done Craig ! 

Awesome Craig. Absolutely

Awesome Craig. Absolutely awesome. You made my whole weekend with the news. You deserve it my friend and we all deserve a voice lik Big Billy to represent us. Thanks for your hard work and persistance.

• Sundanceh
    Chelsea71 said:

Congratulations Craig. I

Chels

Agreed, Chels!

Like about 500,000 readers out there....

Jen was my "co-pilot" - she pointed me to the runaway - all I had to do was land the plane:)

At least, I didn't muck this one up this time, LOL!

• tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Congratulations!!!!

You are beaming!!!!!

Nice job!!!!

This magazine is at the oncology office at Scripps Green.

Enjoy your weekend, Author Harrison.

Tommycat