Who Is Watching " Dancing With The Stars" And Do You Have A Favorite Yet?

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    chenheart said:

We have never watched even one espisode, ever.
    As popular as these shows evidently are, neither Reggie nor I have ever been interested in DWTS, so we have never watched even one episode, ever. Ditto, Survivor, any Real Housewives, or bad behaving brats from NJ! We have never been drawn toward Idol, and have maybe caught 1/4 of 1 episode, ever...last time we watched I think William Hung was making a fool of himself! We hear of course, watching GMA who is doing well or bad on these shows, so we are not entirely ignorant, but Reggie gets a deer in the headlights look! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Kirstie was on the Tonight
    Kirstie was on the Tonight Show tonight with Jay Leno and she was hilarious!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    DianeBC said:

Kirstie was on the Tonight
    Kirstie was on the Tonight Show tonight with Jay Leno and she was hilarious!

I saw her on Leno. She is
    I saw her on Leno. She is so pretty and said she was already losing weight from dancing.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I had DVR'd it
    and finally watched it last night. I think the one to watch is the guy who was the Karate Kid. He did very well. I was surprised that Sugar Ray didn't have the dance moves. Kirstie did pretty well too. I also liked the first blonde that was on - Disney channel. Oh well, we'll have to see what happens. I have watched every year but this year I don't feel that special draw. So many unknown dancers......
    Char
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    DWS
    I'm from Pgh...so Hines Ward is the favorite here.

Judy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    GrandmaJ said:

DWS
    I'm from Pgh...so Hines Ward is the favorite here.

Judy

Hines rocked tonight!

Hines rocked tonight!
  • csr771
    csr771 Member Posts: 117
    Hines Ward - Steeler Country
    I am from Pittsburgh and therefore a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. Go Hines!!!!!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Me Too
    I'm not just a DWTS ho, but Celebrity Apprentice, Idol, Biggest Loser. My favorites are Kirstie Ally, Meatloaf, haven't figured out who on Idol yet, they all need to calm down and concentrate on their singing and the words to the songs instead of their performance. Simon would have done that by now. And saving the werewolf - ewwwwww, bad move! Hopefully he will go this week - the people had spoken! I met Ralph Macchio and his fiance (now wife) at a world series, game 7 - Mets/Boston in 1985 (we won!) They both seemed like nice people. But he was afraid people would carry on about him. Heck - we were there for the game - not him! These celebrities have egos bigger than anything. Hines is good, but Kirstie is better!
  • yv1214
    yv1214 Member Posts: 72
    padee6339 said:

Me Too
    I'm not just a DWTS ho, but Celebrity Apprentice, Idol, Biggest Loser. My favorites are Kirstie Ally, Meatloaf, haven't figured out who on Idol yet, they all need to calm down and concentrate on their singing and the words to the songs instead of their performance. Simon would have done that by now. And saving the werewolf - ewwwwww, bad move! Hopefully he will go this week - the people had spoken! I met Ralph Macchio and his fiance (now wife) at a world series, game 7 - Mets/Boston in 1985 (we won!) They both seemed like nice people. But he was afraid people would carry on about him. Heck - we were there for the game - not him! These celebrities have egos bigger than anything. Hines is good, but Kirstie is better!

Love DWTS...
    I have watched every season and my fave has to be Kirstie and Maks...Love them together....:)
    I hope she gets to stay long enough to lose the weight she wants but also to go to the finals.

yessy
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Last night both
    the wrestler and the football player did very well. We'll have to see what happens tonight.
    Char
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    yv1214 said:

Love DWTS...
    I have watched every season and my fave has to be Kirstie and Maks...Love them together....:)
    I hope she gets to stay long enough to lose the weight she wants but also to go to the finals.

yessy

Mike went home tonight and
    Mike went home tonight and that was probably the best choice. And, what was up with that stupid dancing of his at the end? Looked like he was trying to act like a Chippendale dancer or something. LOL I am ofcourse cheering for Kirstie! This is shaping up to look like a great season of DWTS!
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    I have had enough ballroom
    I have had enough ballroom dance training to be a "snob." Luckily for ya'll, I have not seen much of this season. However, I did see Kristi Ali and I think that she had control of her body. Her footwork was on its way to clean and precise and her upper body stayed in contact with her partner almost continuously. She understands how to make upper and lower body work separately to work together. She will become graceful, in my opinion.

One guy has great "latin motion." Don't know who he was. Very difficult to teach to some men. To have the gist of it right away is a HUGE advantage. Except that the judges spend less time harping on the latin motion any more. It is the meat of latin dances, however, and I think it should weigh more heavily in those dances. I think they have made Lynn tone down his critiques, because the Brits are serious about their dancing.

I wish I was dancing again when I watch. What a great show.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Katmy said:

I have had enough ballroom
    I have had enough ballroom dance training to be a "snob." Luckily for ya'll, I have not seen much of this season. However, I did see Kristi Ali and I think that she had control of her body. Her footwork was on its way to clean and precise and her upper body stayed in contact with her partner almost continuously. She understands how to make upper and lower body work separately to work together. She will become graceful, in my opinion.

One guy has great "latin motion." Don't know who he was. Very difficult to teach to some men. To have the gist of it right away is a HUGE advantage. Except that the judges spend less time harping on the latin motion any more. It is the meat of latin dances, however, and I think it should weigh more heavily in those dances. I think they have made Lynn tone down his critiques, because the Brits are serious about their dancing.

I wish I was dancing again when I watch. What a great show.

Hines and Ralph
    are my favorites. I'm not a huge Kirsty Alley fan, but she is definitely my favorite woman on the show. I usually don't see what the judges see because I don't know what to look for. I can't dance, I can't sing, and I can't play guitar, but how I wish I could. Sigh. This group reminds me of the first season. I think it's going to hold my interest.

Suzanne
  • yv1214
    yv1214 Member Posts: 72

Hines and Ralph
    are my favorites. I'm not a huge Kirsty Alley fan, but she is definitely my favorite woman on the show. I usually don't see what the judges see because I don't know what to look for. I can't dance, I can't sing, and I can't play guitar, but how I wish I could. Sigh. This group reminds me of the first season. I think it's going to hold my interest.

Suzanne

Go Kirstie....
    I was so happy that she was saved last night...I am definitely rooting for her and Maks....:)
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    TraciInLA said:

And AGAIN, Susie -- you never answer your own questions!
    I'm a card-carrying "Dancing with the Stars Ho" (as Kirstie Alley proclaimed herself last night) -- I've watched every season, and love, love, LOVE it.

Two words from last night: Ralph Macchio. Some of the others were surprisingly good, but he really stood out for me.

Traci

Hmmmm should I tell or not?
    Hmmmm should I tell or not? lol
  • ennie__1
    ennie__1 Member Posts: 32 Member
    chenheart said:

We have never watched even one espisode, ever.
    As popular as these shows evidently are, neither Reggie nor I have ever been interested in DWTS, so we have never watched even one episode, ever. Ditto, Survivor, any Real Housewives, or bad behaving brats from NJ! We have never been drawn toward Idol, and have maybe caught 1/4 of 1 episode, ever...last time we watched I think William Hung was making a fool of himself! We hear of course, watching GMA who is doing well or bad on these shows, so we are not entirely ignorant, but Reggie gets a deer in the headlights look! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Im with you
    Chen, I have just never been able to get into these shows. I do watch NCIS, NCIS LA, or Bones. love a good crime stopper/ mystery show.
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    i watched last season (bf
    i watched last season (bf ended up watching with me too hee hee) and had a clear fave from the beginning. this year, i dont have a favorite, but was sad to see anyone go. i like all their personalities and dancing except the one who says she is a tomb boy.i would have liked to see her go, no dance skills, no real personality. at least the guy who got voted off had a personality that made the show more interesting.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Hines and Ralph

Suzanne

Kirstie is my favorite, and,
    Kirstie is my favorite, and, I think she and Hines and Ralph were the best. I am glad they got rid of the disc jockey dude.

And, I think Brook Burke is so beautiful, but, what is up with the bangs?
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

i watched last season (bf
    i watched last season (bf ended up watching with me too hee hee) and had a clear fave from the beginning. this year, i dont have a favorite, but was sad to see anyone go. i like all their personalities and dancing except the one who says she is a tomb boy.i would have liked to see her go, no dance skills, no real personality. at least the guy who got voted off had a personality that made the show more interesting.

What did you think of last
    What did you think of last nights dancing? Who was the best?
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    susie09 said:

What did you think of last
    What did you think of last nights dancing? Who was the best?

Kirstie is still my girl!
    Kirstie is still my girl! Judy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Kirstie is still my girl!
    Kirstie is still my girl! Judy

Hines and Kirstie were both
    Hines and Kirstie were both fantastic last night. I think Wendy should go.

Will see in a few minutes. LOL