Devastating update

Options
npatel22526
npatel22526 Member Posts: 42 Member
edited April 2022 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hello All,

I don't write much here but periodically update here with all our optimistic approaches but now it feels like we may have reached close to the end.

Here is my last post where we hoped he get liver surgery and the doctor was super optimistic that he can do it .https://csn.cancer.org/discussion/323532/dads-update-pve-and-second-opinion#latest

Following the discussion, we had a PET scan done at end of the July which found a positive lymph node shattering all the hope for Surgery and transplant. At that point, the Surgeon said surgery is too risky because his spleen is enlarged due to pressure caused by his PVE.

The PET scan also revealed that his current regimen is not working so after 2 months of Hessel we managed a clinical trial drug named Tukysa for HER2 positive colon cancer but his CEA kept increasing (CEA = 372, in November) while on the drug so it seems that he keet progressing from August to Now.

To make the matter worst, a recent bone scan showed metastasis to the iliac bone and CEA is up to 618 during the recent test. The oncologist suggests looking for a trial as 4 lines of treatment didn't really work. So I am in search of trials, hoping to find something

We never really had a conversation ( neither with the Oncologist nor with my dad ) on how long he had left because I never wanted to stop looking for options. But during a recent conversation, I mentioned his wish to go back to India for a few weeks, however, the oncologist was concerned due to the COVID situation all over the world. But when I asked if he doesn't go this time when he will, to which she said probably never, and

The two words shattered me, I am unable to handle my thoughts, how do you deal with the situation when you know he will be here for only a small time?

Comments