Past members

Options
13»

Comments

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options

I am so very sorry to learn of Sue's passing. She was always so sweet to EVERYONE. When she was in treatment herself and very active here, she responded to everyone, every day. She provided much comfort to me personally at a time I really needed it.

Her family meant everything to her and I know they miss her terribly.

😪Rocquie

• peanut butter
    peanut butter Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Yes, her family was her world. I remember exchanging pics of her grand daughter Lizzie with my grand daughter and showing how they changed over time. They were very close in age. They are 14 now. I sent her some pics and never got a response. I waited for a little while and sent them again. No response !!! I knew something must be wrong so I tried calling her and all I got was a message saying, "The party has phone a voice mailbox that has not be set up". Didn't know where else to check, so as a last resort I went to the Yakima obits.

Sue never went into full remission. We both had Follicular, but she also had another type that at the time was not identified. She said it was to have gone to her ocular orb and later was confirmed. Started having problems with my computer and sorts lost touch with her.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 904 Member
    edited April 15 #44
    Options

As I recall she had "standard" follicular plus the CNS version. She was only 73. Photo from her obituary.

• peanut butter
    peanut butter Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

She sent me that pic along with a few others. I was having computer issues for some reason and could never get back in touch with her, I don't know if my private mess. were getting through or not.

I did some checking on her 2nd cancer yesterday and did not like the prognosis. Never realized how severe it was until I checked it out. Also checked into the roundup law suits and found out the roundup can lead to her CNS diagnosis. I hope she was one the people that collected from that class action suit. For what she went through, as so many did, she certainly deserved it.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options

Beautiful photo.......

• Sandy Ray
    Sandy Ray Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options

I haven’t been on in a while. Will be 4 years 4/27 since stem cell transplant. I have 3 grandchildren and one more do in July. I retired at the end of 2020 and have been babysitting and traveling. Glad to see some of the old timers still on here. A little sad to read of some who have passed.

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Thank you for checking in! Excellent news. The new lease on life seems to be working out very well indeed.