Past members

Options

Comments

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options

I like this topic. Thank you for starting it, Peanut Butter. I know all the people mentioned as well as ShadyGuy and Max who post here. I think of all of them and many others as friends who helped me when I was going through treatment for my NHL.

We chatted about many things that were not about lymphoma--jokes and humor, family, cars, food and recipes, trips, fishing, and others. It helped us get to know each other better.

You can read the terms and conditions yourself. Subjects off limits, include politics, religion, and medical advice to others and more. If you inadvertently post something verbotten, you will receive an email from the moderators before you are banned. I do write personal messages to people from time to time. I don't care if it is read by moderators. If I truly want to keep it private, I will ask the recipient for their personal email address.

I wish much health and happiness to all,

Rocquie

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 904 Member
    edited May 2023 #23
    Options

Rocquie! So good to hear from you. I will be on the mountain all summer. Perhaps you, Max and I can "re-arrange" that lunch which never happened. I am pretty well all things considered, despite a 10 day hospitalization for a non lymphoma situation which is now fully resolved. I hope the same for you. I go to Duke in June - keep your fingers crossed for me.

• Rocquie
    Rocquie Member Posts: 869 Member
    Options

ShadyGuy, good to hear from you too. I was diagnosed with NHL in 2012. Treatment consisted of 8 treatments of R-CHOP followed by 2 years of Rituxan maintenance. I have stayed in remission ever since but I can't say I have come out of it unscathed. That is why I rarely post these days--I don't want to discourage anyone. I do, however, read the posts almost every day. And I still see my same oncologist annually.

I wish you well at Duke. Maybe we can finally meet this summer!

Cheers,

Rocquie

• truckingalong
    truckingalong Member Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Hello, I was DX with Hodgkins back in 2010 and had chemo for 6 mo. and used this wonderful support here then after I got well about 2 years later - I stopped coming here. Now I am back! I am still clean but do have questions about my general health being affected by chemo - the after effects. Also, the other reason I am back here is wondering about the "old timers" who I had talked to. Sue was the name I recall who posted a lot here - but don't know how I can find her again to see how she is doing... I know not easy to find but worth a shot.

Keep positive thoughts and hope all of your journey treats you gently,

Liz 🙂

• ShadyGuy
    Options

Try a PM to “almost 70”

• lakecityp3
    lakecityp3 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hello all. NHL dxed in april 2022, last chemo was in Sept 2022, and last rad was Feb 2023. I guess you could say that I'm in full remission, I have been changed to seeing onco every six months. Unfortunately, I am unscathed as well. Fatigue, exhaustion, and still losing my hair, even though it's grown back in. I hope that everyone is doing well, and I want to try to keep up with this group, as well as visit the chatroom from time to time.

• peanut butter
    peanut butter Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Not sure if you know or not, Sue Reid Almost 60 passed away. Not sure if Max knows or not. I can't get on the site and sign in like used too. John

• ShadyGuy
    edited April 11 #29
    Options

I did not know Sue had passed. Sure hope she got that Roundup settlement in time to enjoy it. Speaking of former posters has anyone heard from girliefighter?

• peanut butter
    Options

I do not know girliefighter. Been so long since I have been on. Don't know if Sue passed from Lymphoma or not. More than likely she did. Never went in to full remission.She lived in Oregon for a while then moved back to Yakima Washington State. I tried several times to contact her over the last several months. Never got a resonse. I finally typed in Susan l. Reid in Yakima obits and there it was. Even had her picture.

I have tried to contact Max, but don't know his real name. Anything on him???

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Max is as well as may be expected. He is busy with grand kids and music.

As to roundup, I am in the class action suit. We will see on that. My former hematologist is one of the expert witnesses in the various cases, so who knows?

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options

Hello to all, following the sad news regarding Sue. The chronology related by Po above is, to my knowledge, correct: Sue moved around a bit between Oregon and Washington State during her last decade, and no doubt enjoyed the beauty of the area. I think I recall her mentioning trout fishing a time or two. I also believe her recurrence of lymphoma was in a rare ocular location. She was a pleasant delight to all at all times. May she be blessed, and her memory reverenced.

• ShadyGuy
    Options

she and her husband fished for salmon all over the Pacific Northwest.

Options

Salmon ! That's it. All I catch on the water is a cold

Options
  • peanut butter
    Options

Don't know if go thru or not. Haven't seen a Jackson Bass in 35 years. LOL !!!!

• peanut butter
    Options

I believe they are an offshoot of the Fender Co. On the market in the 1980's. Sold for about $150 at the time.

Options

Jackson is very much still alive, PB. Yes, they were bought by Fender about a decade ago. Prices range from around $299 to around $4,000, for custom shop stuff. I think I still have your email address, and if I do, I'll write soon.

Options

Yesterday, I emailed Becky (Illead), wife of Bill (RIP) regarding Almost 60. Becky is well, and planning to move soon from near Sacramento to Upstate NJ, to live near family. I hope she writes here soon.

max

• peanut butter
    Options

Max. I had a hard time getting on today. Don't know what is going on. I am sure it won't be long and I won't be able to get on at all. Illead was a poster when I was posting. If I am not mistaken I think her husband passed away. I can't get on the actual Lymphoma site where all the post are. I can't go thru to see all the names and members and past posts.

Sue and I used to exchange pics of our grand kids. She talked a lot more open than she did on the site. I think we all do. I really miss that. I kept private mess. her but never got a response. The last message I got from her along with pics she said the lymphoma had moved to her ocular orb and she wasn't sure what they were going to do about it. She had already moved back to Yakima to be closer to her family. She will really be missed.

Options

PB: Yes, Becky's husband Bill passed a few years ago. He had a long, long fight against mantel cell. Becky did amazing research keeping him well, even contacting researchers in Germany at one point. The last two years or so, they were making frequent trips from CA to Houston and MD Anderson, where Bill was seeing a leading MCL researcher. She was Bill's saint, for certain. "No greater love"