6 year NED

Options

Comments

• Dean54
    Dean54 Member Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2018 #22
    Options
    Good deal Matt and always

Good deal Matt and always enjoy reading your posts and you are truly a great inspiration to others on this site.Thank you sir.

• JAL23
    JAL23 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Congrats Matt! Hoping we can

Congrats Matt! Hoping we can all follow in your footsteps.

John

• katlou
    katlou Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    great news!

I am so happy to hear the good news.  You are very helpful to a lot of people who post here and I appreciate the advice that you have given to me.  Stay well!

• hlrowe
    hlrowe Member Posts: 80
    edited March 2018 #25
    Options
    GOOD TO GO!!

Smile

I will be 6 yrs next month. CONGRATS!

• Mavish
    Mavish Member Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congratualations! Thanks for

Congratualations! Thanks for sharing gpod news..

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    our friend NED

Glad to hear Matt!

• ProustLover
    ProustLover Member Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2018 #28
    Options
    Congratulations!  Great news!

Congratulations!  Great news!  Your down-to-earth counsel and insights are BIG help to folks starting on H&N path.  

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Hooray!

That's wonderful news!  My husband has a follow up CT scan tomorrow and I'm starting to get scanxiety ... this post has really helped.  :)

• Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Hello and Congrats Matt

I too passed the 6 year mark this past January!  NED so far.  The usual side affects and a little more with me than normal on the dag-gum swallowing issue, but no complaints .....

Best to you Mat and all the others going through or that have been through it

Tim

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    YNWA!

Excellent news mate

• Andy13460
    Andy13460 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Great News

Great news Matt.

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

I just popped in today to see how everyone is doing and saw your awesome news. Your posts were a source of inspiration and a lot of chuckles during the dark days of treatment. (Even though it hurt to laugh!) It's 3 1/2 years for me. It's good to see you are still offering your sage advice and humor!

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!

The best news Matt, you deserve it, *hugs*

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great news Matt. Thanks for

Great news Matt. Thanks for all you do on this board. Bill

• nancytc
    nancytc Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about your

Thanks for posting about your wonderful success in slaying this dragon! It gives the rest of us much encouragment. I like all the rest very much found/find comfort and inspiration from your very straightforward and humorous posts!!!

Nancy

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hey Matt,

I send out Huge Congratulations, that's great news!!  Keep It Mov'in Forward!

Patrick

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, The Good, the Bad and the Challenged.

All H&N members past & present,

Thank- you all very much for your response.  I am grateful to all the members who have helped me get this far and thankful for just the right amount of treatment (surgery, rads & Erbitux).  The H&N forum is a place that not many people visit or know about, but if you get past the bouncers you will be baptized by fire as have all those members who have gone before us.  I think membership in the Friars Club would be more fun.

Peace,

Matt

• Dennis from Kansas
    Dennis from Kansas Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Great news,congratulations

Great news,congratulations

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Six years, and it seems like yesterday.

Matt, I don't get back here often lately, but to come back and see you hit six years is the best news I have heard. Congratulations! ! !   This coming Oct will be my 5 year.  Not bad seeing only 5 thought I would survive the surgery.  Well, they did take my voice and gave me a Prosthesis so I got my voice back, or close to it. I run my own Support group for Throat Cancer and Laryngectomee. It keeps me busy, as we are Global and in 13 countries. Lary's Voice.  I feel like I have a purpose in my life now, helping others. You enjoy the NED or CURD for 6 years.

wmc  Oct 2013

Bill

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    donfoo said:

our friend NED

Glad to hear Matt!

Good to see you Don

Always good to see you Don. I don't get back much. I stay too busy with the Support group I run now. That crazy video that stared Stanford asking me to do more videos, all started with blowing up a balloon. They now have been seen in 112 countries. 
    Stay healthy my friend;

Bill