6 year NED

CivilMatt
CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
edited March 2018 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

H&N friends,

I crossed over the 6 year post barrier and had my final (actually one extra) cancer exam and it was great.  My ENT was in a stellar mood and he felt, looked and scoped to several good words “Everything looks great”.  Of course there were more doctor words about no swelling, no mass, no ulcer, patient has fibrosis from radiation and lack of saliva and a whole bunch of words which summed up to you are ok and do not need to come back (unless needed).  We discussed his current load and he said 25% of his HPV+ patients are women and his average age is late 40’s to 50 years old.

As a reminder to where I was and what I was doing there.  I thought I would be in and out of his office fast, so I did not take my water.  It turned out I had a dry mouth and tickle in my throat and I started to cough.  I ended up running back out to my car to retrieve my water bottle. So, not everything was cured.

Good Luck Everyone.

Matt

hl

Comments

• DanceSkater
    DanceSkater Member Posts: 62
    GREAT !!!

HUGE congrats to you Matt !!

• Mom68
    Mom68 Member Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2018 #3
    Congratulations!

Yay! Awesome news! I carry water around like a comfort blanket! If I'm without, I panic! 

Best Wishes to you! NED dance!!!!!!!!!

• DarcyS
    DarcyS Member Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2018 #4
    Excellent news

Congratulations!  You're an inspiration to others!

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited March 2018 #5
    Outstanding Matt

Great to hear the news. 

My Best to You and Everyone Here

• Lisa I.
    Lisa I. Member Posts: 16
    Congrats Matt!

We are soooo very happy for you! Move forward with life and don’t forget your water bottle! 

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    Excellent news. Hope to be

Excellent news. Hope to be right behind you in 5.5 years.

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    Congrats.  Good to read a

Congrats.  Good to read a post here about 'happy' outcomes.  Right now six years seems like a very long time.

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Here's to you, Matt

The bus has made it's final stop, and let you off~~~I can't say I enjoyed the ride, can say , Congratulations. I'm getting off in November 2018

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 726 Member
    Good News

Love to hear the news Matt.  It gives so many others hope.

• frokker68
    frokker68 Member Posts: 49 Member
    That's awesome news Matt!  

That's awesome news Matt!  

• caregiver wife
    caregiver wife Member Posts: 234
    6 years

HAPPY DANCE!!!  WAY TO GO!

Crystal

• Curlyn
    Curlyn Member Posts: 189
    I love it when someone wins

I love it when someone wins the lottery! Not even money is as precious as your health.( Come to think of it, why dont these docs have water machines or something?). Enjoy, Matt!

• christine2080
    christine2080 Member Posts: 71
    Congratulations! So happy to

Congratulations! So happy to hear your good news!

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    Awesome!

Really happy to read this Matt! Congrats fellow survivor!

• Frances_S
    Frances_S Member Posts: 54
    Wonderful News!

Congratulations!

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    What wonderful news, Matt!

What wonderful news, Matt!

• ByeByeCancer
    ByeByeCancer Member Posts: 54 Member
    Awesome news!!

Awesome news!!

• Sprint Car Dude
    Sprint Car Dude Member Posts: 181
    edited March 2018 #19
    Cheers

Cheers Matt. You were such a great help to so many of us on this page. I will raise a glass for a toast to you this weekend.

• Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2018 #20
    Excellent

Great to hear Matt. It sure is a great feeling working out of the doc's office with such great news. Cheers!!!

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Looks like we both graduated

I was going to say we both graduated from the same class but I was told many times I have no class. So with that said I won't mock you by putting you there. I visit the site occasionally and ussually log off after seeing sad news with either losing a warrior or finding new faces beginning or currently in battle, so I have to say it is good to see good news right off the bat.

I tell people often that the University of Pennsylvania was the best place I ever got kicked out of. That was last January when I was told I was cured and truthfully I miss the place, I always felt at home when I walked into the place. That may sound odd but many have called me a sick **** but then I reply that I get paid very well to be one.

Congradulations Matt.......enjoy the day...........I do.............every one of them