Options
2»

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Happy June Carol!

Hi Carol,

I hope the beginning of June has brought you some rays of sunshine. 

Hugs,

Annie

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    OK guys had my meltdown for the week!

Had nurse here Tuesday, wasn't feeling great but better than some. Ate bacon had a 3 1/2 day migraine.  Am on Bactrim for another UTI, finished the dose last Friday.  On maintenance dose for 30 days.  Woke up yesterday with the headache again, this morning it was there but not as bad (had Reiki yesterday and she massaged out the headache, hence 3 1/2 days).  This am woke up and headache was horrid and was up 9 times in 6 hours last night.

Problem is Bactrim was the last antibiotic that would work coming from the last test 3 weeks ago.  Mouth is full of sores from biting my cheeks from mouth being numb, and having trouble eating. My son is so sweet, he just listened to me as I had a full blown melt down.  I get these infections and just bounce up and down.  My sister is coming back tomorrow on their way home.  

Hoping it is better than today.  This is so unlike me with depression and I am having trouble trying to figure it out!  So it is bedtime, hoping tomorrow is better than the last 4 days!  

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Balance

My dear Ninja, The universe always seeks balance. You are right. You are always positive and uplifting and loving life. Therefore, the universe had to take action to balance your world.  It might be quite a ride because you have a LOT of amazingly happy good stuff to balance out.

The latest...can you believe that a tech from McAffee wrecked my puter on purpose?!?!?!  Yup. They swear the guy doesn't work for them but he was who came on the online chat. Sooo they wanted $200 to fix it. Their fault! AFter 3 hours with 4 people there I said no thanks and was done. With what I learned from watching them mush atound my puter , it took me 15 minutes to fix it myself as I was ready to reload windows, a nightmare

This is also why I haven't been on my dear. While this might be a very long day for you, remember there is tommorroiw. Good moments will be there, even today. Soak them up and embrace them. I hate your suffering and trying not to whine about it. Whine?  Me? HAHA You should here The Don talk about my whining. Like being 10 yrs old again listening to my mom. But he is making more sourdough today so I won't b****tch at him.

Remember, the big picture is harder than one day.

Everlovin' U

Sherry

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Hi Carol

I hope you have a much better day today and that you enjoy the visit with your sister.   If it is a nice day where you are, maybe you could open the windows and catch a nice breeze. I am sending you prayers for peace and strength and comfort. 

• tufi000
    edited June 2017 #26
    Options
    It's tommorrow Ninja

And another one on its way!

I had to go to meditation to embrace and tolerate some crappy stuff right now. It doesn't get rid of it, but sometimes takes the edge off.

Overcast here today but that keeps it cooler. I am not fond of summer at all. One reason I am not interested in Hawaii and Florida cause of the huge flying roaches (belastomidia) and other bugs big enough to squish out goo when stepped on. Give me snow any day. However I have seen that you enjoy whatever the skies present, as in everything else on the planet.

Have a day of love with your family and the planet love

Eating homemade sourdough,

Sherry

• camul
    edited June 2017 #27
    Options
    How funny you said that about Florida. I lived in Hawaii

for 6 months when I was 18.  2 different stays with 3 weeks between the 2.was hard as you can't go very fa. A road trip took about an hour and a half, becuz of traffic, then did 2nd half of honeymoon back in Hawaii.  Would not be able to live there!  Hated the cochroaches and lizards.  But loved vacation there.

my sister is moving to Florida next month.  She will hate the bugs, one of my bff's lives there and talks about the bugs and humidity... But I love the ocean.

Last night I went and visited my brother, his chemo didn't work.  I was so bummed. He has a second Lymphoma now.  So they will try another trial. Hope it works, they are giving no hope if it doesn't as there are

nonoptions for the one Lymphoma.  I reminded him we have the same blood...  and my 6 months awill be 7 years stage I .  But he knows how I feel now.  Rather he could have just listened when I told him, he didn't have to find out in person.  I will see him

this week one day for lunch.  And my sister was here again last night.  It was so

nice being with my sibs and another brother is coming for months.

• tufi000
    edited June 2017 #28
    Options
    Hee Hee squishshshsh

Yup lady, all of the above.  Ocean? You want ocean? My ashes will be scattered off Pacific Grove (tiny fishing village that people think is still Monterey) at one of the Otter Points.

At least here in the heartland, since I already love spiders, they take care of the occasional garden-type crawling critters and flies since we no longer have a cat.  I don't have a lot of them, just don't put them outside after destroying their webs Perfect for misquito control!

I remember Onc telling telling me the chemo didn't work as much as they had hoped, but obviously without the consequences you guys are dealing with. One thing though, your bro has the caring of the best kind with you in his life. We all have war stories and the best of us are not pardened. DANG!!

Sorry, had to stop typing to take meds. ANYWAY, this weekend, my 2nd mom ( our 2 families so alike in unusual ways we were all raised together (not in same house) since I was 4. Though I was supposed to marry her younger son, my almost twin we are so close, it didn't happen. Maybe it should have, but he said the whirlwind life I enjoyed he couldn't have kept up with. Sooo She was 96 on Friday!  In a nursing home cause of her hip, but healthy. Surrounded by her children, grand children, great granschildren, both our families, they all call her GG. I was only able to send virtual quiches and pies and hugs. My isolation can be very painful some days.

You are so fortunate to not know that feeling regardless of any situation and crisis going on. None of your loved ones are alone and that is priceless.

The sun will be here all week. Already too hot for me. Cleaning the back patio on hold due to personal tick alert.

Lovin' ya

Sherry

• Pixie Dust
    Pixie Dust Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    WE ARE GOING TO HAWAII !!!!!!!

Camul, sorry to hear about your brother especially with all your problems. Hope he does well on new treatment. In the meantime to take your mind off  the bad and onto the good we are going  to Hawaii. Get your lifejacket on and I am going to get my rowboat ready and we will be on our way. I have always wanted to go there but am afraid to fly. Sherry we will even pick you up on the way and anybody else who wants to go. The more we have the more we have to row and get there faster. We will all have a great time together and think it is a dream. ALL ABOARD TO HAWAII.   Cool

• HapB
    Options
    Hawaii

Well, all day I was thinking that this would be a great time to fulfill my girlhood dream of running away and joining the circus, but a trip to Hawaii sounds better!  

• camul
    Options
    tufi000 said:

Hee Hee squishshshsh

Yup lady, all of the above.  Ocean? You want ocean? My ashes will be scattered off Pacific Grove (tiny fishing village that people think is still Monterey) at one of the Otter Points.

At least here in the heartland, since I already love spiders, they take care of the occasional garden-type crawling critters and flies since we no longer have a cat.  I don't have a lot of them, just don't put them outside after destroying their webs Perfect for misquito control!

I remember Onc telling telling me the chemo didn't work as much as they had hoped, but obviously without the consequences you guys are dealing with. One thing though, your bro has the caring of the best kind with you in his life. We all have war stories and the best of us are not pardened. DANG!!

Sorry, had to stop typing to take meds. ANYWAY, this weekend, my 2nd mom ( our 2 families so alike in unusual ways we were all raised together (not in same house) since I was 4. Though I was supposed to marry her younger son, my almost twin we are so close, it didn't happen. Maybe it should have, but he said the whirlwind life I enjoyed he couldn't have kept up with. Sooo She was 96 on Friday!  In a nursing home cause of her hip, but healthy. Surrounded by her children, grand children, great granschildren, both our families, they all call her GG. I was only able to send virtual quiches and pies and hugs. My isolation can be very painful some days.

You are so fortunate to not know that feeling regardless of any situation and crisis going on. None of your loved ones are alone and that is priceless.

The sun will be here all week. Already too hot for me. Cleaning the back patio on hold due to personal tick alert.

Lovin' ya

Sherry

Ocean

mine will be off the coast by Doheny...  or Cabo.  Told the boys it's their choice.  Son is going

tonMontery for a wedding in August.  He is excited!  I love the Pacific Coast.

• camul
    Options
    I spent 6 months in Hawaii

2 3 month trips in 1975, then on Honeymoon in 1982.  We went to Vegas when we got married but had to wait until after the first of the year for husbands vacation time.  I loved it, but 3 months was to long!  Hard to take a road trip! Lol

• tufi000
    Options
    Hot Stuff!!!

AACCKKK!  I hate hot weather!

Yeah Ninja. My kid was pactically raised in Monterey and is totally into carrying out my wishes. After all we are one of the first original members of the Otter society based at the aquarium and the otter stationary I made was always my favorite.

Sooo, where does he have HIS wedding????  Napa!!!! Now the postponed honeymoon for preferred season of travel is happening. They are leaving Saturday for Europe. Netherlands mostly which is great, but they are going to a wedding  in Marseille at the end of the trip and THAT is my concern. Mommy trying not to think about it. My mommy is on his shoulder protecting them.  ( She was a witch you know, a good one)

We got our hallway windmill fixed so it cools fine up through the 90's and the windows are open which I like. Brings in tons of dust, but AC makes me feel like a prisoner and I already am enough of one

Great to see ya Ninja!

love , love, love

Sherry

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited June 2017 #34
    Options
    Hawaii

I am with Sherry, I dont like hot weather, but I would go with you all just to be supportive. 

Hugs,

Annie

• tufi000
    edited June 2017 #35
    Options
    Another aspect of our new world order transitioning

Usually, there is a support link and/or phone number that offers support for something you use from software to home appliances.

Guess what? IT'S A LIE!!!!

1. You do not fit into any of their policies for assistance

2. They will assist you, but a higher level of assistance is required which will cost you money for them to fix THEIR product.

I must accept using the skill tools I learned here

Thank you again my dear Ninja!

LOVE LOVE

Sherry

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    edited June 2017 #36
    Options
    Carol
    I have tried to post here for weeks - frustrated but I will continue
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    My Precious Friend

i think of you and prayer for you daily.  I am in awe of you, and your inner strength.  Your COURAGE feeds so many of us here on CSN.

Your determination and love for all of here - makes me cry each and every time I sign on to our boar here.

Continued well wishes, and prayers.

LOVE you MY HERO.

admire you to the moon and back.

Vicki Sam

• HapB
    edited June 2017 #38
    Options
    camul said:

I spent 6 months in Hawaii

2 3 month trips in 1975, then on Honeymoon in 1982.  We went to Vegas when we got married but had to wait until after the first of the year for husbands vacation time.  I loved it, but 3 months was to long!  Hard to take a road trip! Lol

Carol

I have never been to Hawaii, but always wanted to. My 26 year old daughter who came home from NYC to visit with me as I started chemo again has agreed that she will go on a trip with me anywhere in the world that I want in 1 year, when I am done with this one year chemp regimen! So, let the planning begin. Now or never. Time is passing quickly. Wondering where I should go?  Someplace beautiful but fun too!  After 3 battles iwth cancer, I MUST have some FUN....at least thinking I will someday may get me through. 

I am thinking either Alaska or Hawaii. Hmmmmm. Hot or cold? I live on the ocean in New England, so I love all seasons pretty equally. Fun to think about. 

I hope you are finding some joy and peace these days visiting with your family. There is nothing like visits with your children to fill your heart with love. I did the right thing choosing the chemo, for my daughter's sake. She is so very relieved and wrote me a beautiful letter about how much it means to her to see me fighting this cancer beast for the last 7 years.