Our Leader Camul holding court on top of mountain

Options
tufi000
tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member

Here's a new folks. Lotta scrolling on the other one. Trying to keep things simple. It's tough right now and I am hoping tommorrow will have at least a tiny resolution.

We did our thing Sensei!!!

ONWARD!

Sherry

Comments

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Are you both ok?

I'm old and confused.  Did you start this as a new thread for Carol?  I hope so.  And I'm also very happy to read of your positive results on the other long thread.

Suzanne

• tufi000
    Options
    Ya new thread

Toppest!!!!

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    edited May 2017 #4
    Options
    Hello

Good idea, this new thread. The old one was unwieldy. And yes, Sherry, I agree with Suzanne - I was so glad to read that you had good test results. What a relief.

So, Carol, just sending love, energy - anything good I've got is headed your way.

xoxo

Victoria

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

Ya new thread

Toppest!!!!

yippee

Glad to hear you had good results on your test.  Also, glad to see this new post.

HUGS

Annie

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Sending cyber hugs

Hugs to Carol and tufi000.

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    edited May 2017 #7
    Options
    Sherry and Carol

Glad to hear your test results were good.  Always a relief.  Can't wait to follow up on the fridge!  You're a funny lady!!  Thinking of you, Carol.  Hope you're eating donuts today and maybe reading a good book.  Hugs to you both, Linda

• tufi000
    Options
    A wet floor

Ninja! You see we are here sending a huge storm to wipe your pain and discomfort on every level.

Hopefully you are able to enjoy your day tommorrow. Almost summer.  You got air conditioning? That blacksmithing show doesn't and the guys get faint from the heat. rediculously engineeered drama for a guy show.

Fridge update...Got the ice maker going but don't know where the exact location of the tiny spiquot for water is so get a bit on the floor. And The Don, typical guy, insisted on arranging the new digs and there is no space for vegetables!  HUGE meat and cheese spaces

Ninja, you are here!  We are here! May the newbies see how you teach us and have benefitted from you and your continuous wonderful way of dealing with reality. Hoping you still maintain.

love you Sensei

Sherry

Picture me at 2AM throwing dog kibble out the back door cause Rocky had more kits than we thought and tiny raccoons were scrounging bird food discards. Keeping the dog in while I my hand was out was challenging.

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FEELING TO ALL

prayers and HUGE HUGS TO ALL!!!

Beepositive!!Smile

• Apaugh
    edited May 2017 #10
    Options
    too funny Sherry

Sherry, thanks for the giggles about the fridge and mama and the kits.  I am sure Carol enjoyed it too as we all did.  It is always nice to smile when you can.

Carol, wishing you the best and some sunshine and healing your way.

Hugs,

Annie

• Teach76
    Teach76 Member Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thank you and hello

Sherry, thanks for the new thread!  

Carol, just saying hi and hoping your days are sunnier than here - we have had rain for 3 days!

Glad a holiday weekend is upon us - at school I think the teachers need the break more than the kids!

Get those grills ready!

Kathy

• tufi000
    Options
    No tough days!!!!

I now believe that cancer gives you the tools to totally block the deleterious effects of the news and medical advertising. We already have that ability thanks to our beast! Didn't realize till today it is really a pet that has a tough time being trained properly.

It is 70 out there and feels so much cooler.  Wonderful!

Sensei all is wonderful! If only it could help you more successfully. The universe would cheer.

Lovin' ya

Sherry

• Apaugh
    edited May 2017 #13
    Options
    I sure dont

I sure don't sweat the small stuff anymore and now feel sorry for the people who do. 

Hello Carol!  I hope your day is full of grace and bright moments of peace.  I hope someone brought you a beautiful and delicious smelling posey.  I hppe you got to taste your favorite food and relish it with joy.

Oh dear, now I am craving a donut.  You know, those creamy custard filled goodies with the fabulous icing on top.  I may have to make a run to the bakery.

Hugs,

Annie

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    A donut sounds good now!

I had my doctor visit on Tuesday. It is now every 2 months to keep you on hospice.

My son came to take me to get my pain pump filled and then the Doctor and nurse werecoming an hour later. He took an hour of FMLA, which turned into 3, his transmission died in the driveway. Thankfully his wife whom i love was getting her hair done and just finishing so she drove the half hour here to get me to the pain pump clinic.  What normally takes 15 minutes. Took over an hour so the doctor waited! She was here at 4p when I got home and got here at 3p. 

I am now on 300mg of Fentanyl patches every 2 days. And she upp d the Dilaud d from 1 4mg tablet ever y 2-4 hours to 2 8mg tablets every 2-4 hours.  I am knocked out with the Fentany, so I Started the Fentanyl dose Wednesday and slept all afternoon, and most of Thursday. But have not taken any Dilauded. The nurse was back on Thursday followed by the Reiki Master.  I slept till 11a, the nurse came at 1pshe was running late... then the Reiki (Ruth), who is amazing. I fell asleep at. Some point, she started at 3 and the next I knewit was 6p. Was up for about a half hour and slept till noon today.

i was down after the doctor left.  I asked about the progression, the numb face, and the rib and lung pain.  She said we would up the meds and from this point it is just managing the pain, which has been since October.  She said going to the dentist would mean losing about 10 more teeth and the numbness and jaw pain is from the necrosis and willl not get better, and this pain will continue.  That is what got me!  The bone pain is unbearable most of the time and  I am constantly worn out and the rib and chest pain can be controlled somewhat by upping the meds even higher, yet as soon as my body gets use to the dose the pain is back.  The headaches will also continue to progress.  I knew it would not go away, but I didn't know the pain could be so debilitating.My pain level is so high which is why I am Ostill walking my hands legs and face being numb will notget better.on that note, I still see some humor, I woke up Tuesday am and had drooled red licorice again. Was glad I was able to wash and bleach the sheets and pillow before they showed up.

I went to lunch last Monday with 3 friends and it was Mexican food, the gal sitting across from me let me know I  no feeling, she was laughing, it was black beans!  

Any ways, I have not given up, but I am tired and ready.  The Reiki Master who is also a cleric and about 20  years into this said that feeling like this is so common to feel like this because the bone mets are the most painful of the whole journey.  I felt relief in just talking with her as I was beating myself up after the doctor said howmuch worse the pain will get before it is over.  

Each doctor has different prognosis's and it has made it harder. So my goal has been trying to just not get so down.

Love you all...  Sherry you do keep me laughing and Suzanne and Victoria you were ll always be a part of my journey.  I love that I can put a face to the names and feel like I have known you for years.  Mary went to the Beer Garden Friday to celebrate her retirement and I thought of you Suzanne.  Same with when they eat

at the Mexican Restaurant in Carlsbad, then I can picture Victoria.  I wish I felt well enough and could meet all of you.  I am sure Sherry and I would laugh forever!  You are all so supportive and amazingly my andhave helped so much, especially this last year.

Hugs 

Carol

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Sending cyber hugs

Hugs to Carol and tufi000.

Beautiful baby Jean!

I really thought I would make it to either Hershey or Florida to get together with all of you!  Traveling is no longer an option.

• tufi000
    Options
    A mini version for me Ninja

Yesterday I looked in my pillbox and saw that day's pills still in the afternoon!  So I took them. BUT I remembered taking the Thursady pills that morning cause I wasn't awake enough to know it was Friday. MAYBE So did I forget to take Thursday? ( If I am busy when the pill alarm goes off, I will sometimes shut the alarm and forget to take the pills till I am done what I was doing. about 1/2 hour -1 hr) OR What I was remembering was taking the Thursday pills on Thursday in which case I was just taking Friday's very late. SOOOOOO call the docs cause my concern was siezure med. Not a problem even 2 is within normal range, etc, blah blah. He was very nice. The best part was waiting for the doc callback. My water closet was busy for a 1/2 hour, like I lost 3 poiunds. Diverticulosis takes certain satisfactions out of your life.( Is that a quote from the origianl Odd Couple? All I need is a park bench!)

Fridge part III  So, I wanted to know why a package of hot dogs was on the main shelf and not in his meat drawer. He said there isn't any room. WHAAA?  So I looked. Do you know why there wasn't any room????? It was half full of batteries!!!!!!!!

This is another level for you Ninja. It IS a mountain you are on and you built it. You are maintaining and we aren't. Does love make you vulnerable? So what. Please keep finding the will dear love and excuse them from floundering trying to help you. You have a worldwide team. All these vibes better do something to make this a day for you.

Sherry

• tufi000
    Options
    It's a Holiday!

That means you are obligated to have a great day Ninja!

For some reason my eustation tubes in my right ear plugged up. I don't know if it is slowly dissipating or I am slowly getting used to it. Ahhh the little crappy things we tend to adjust to! what an ability. We would have a chance surviving being a prisoner of war.

Anyway, The Don broke out the smoker. The season has now officially begun! I wish I could eat better. He gets like my grandma(as in Jewish mother) and feels rejected if I don't pack it in. Nu? So vas da matter, eppis it isn't guud enough for you prima donna?

We didn't choose to be soldiers Ninja. We were drafted. Please have a good day.

Everlovin' Sherry

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Thank you Carol

That beautiful baby is going to be 7 years old in September.  The Hershey Pinks were hoping to meet you too.  

Xoxo,

Jean

• tufi000
    Options
    Dripping

Slowly 3x a day drops of mineral oil into that dang ear. VERY slowly doing the job. Impatient me getting ear drops tommorrow a red letter day getting the house cleaned!!!!

You enjoy rain? You should be here. We are lucky and haven't gotten the big bad stuff, just lovely warm rains. The raccoons do well in it as The Don puts their plates under stuff like the smoker. Possums! EEEWWW  but I respect the eons they have survived and glad they eat. Got a hummingbird today but it's plants aren't blooming yet. oh well. soon

Soooooo  another day my Sensei. You can do this and want to. Same for tommorrow. But make sure you do what you want though.

Lovin' ya Sherry

• tufi000
    Options
    Here

If you can manage it, we are here as you can see.

Got the house cleaned today! Some stuff hadn't been done for 2 yrs since craniotomy. Well I don't know how to tell someone I really am not a dirty slob as it appears so that they would believe me. UNTIL, I saw what they didn't do. A couple basic things in my mind. So let them think I am a slob.

Now the place is just shabby, not shabby dirty.

We don't need you to come here though it would be encouraging. I want you to feel good enough for that zipline kiddo! So you wouldn't have time for here.

Lovin' ya

Sherry

• peony
    peony Member Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Happy June, Carol!  The sun

Happy June, Carol!  The sun is shining here (finally!).  I hope it's shining on you.  Very best wishes.