Weight Survey

Options
124»

Comments

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Interesting looking back at

Interesting looking back at my comments for what seems ages ago.  I was 218 at start of treatment, dropped to 177 at low, recovered to around 185 when I was finally really eating real food.  I drew the line there.  I allow a little fluctuation, but if I do two days above 190, it's coming off. 

At 18 months post, this morning was 186.7.  The loss of muscle was tough early on, but I've worked at it and now get by.  I am weaker, and I notice that when I go to lift heavy things, but that's what levers and mechanical advantage are about.  Stamina, on the other hand is higher.  I can now go all day, walk, work, dig, fish, sail.  My blood work numbers are phenomenal for my age (65), and a lingering cholesterol problem is gone.  I lived thru a really bad year, but probably ended up adding a few good ones at the back end.

My father had a very Eastern European seamed face, deep mouth lines.  I was looking about a month ago and realized I had seriously started to look like him when he was in his 60s-70s.

• debbiel0
    debbiel0 Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Female 62

Female 62

Was as high as 195

175 at start of treatment

150 at end of treatment

129 after 10 months of PEG tube

have gained 3 lbs since Peg removed one month ago

Have to say, I hope this is my new normal! It took 40 yrs to gain 65 lbs the first time, hope it takes that long to gain it back!

• Chilinily
    Chilinily Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Weight Survey

75 year old female

pre cancer 176

post treatment 127

one year out 140

would like to keep the weight off...recently I feel so hungry and eat more!

hope to stay thin for all the right reasons

• Klingels
    Klingels Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Weight change

My 56 year old husband lost 50 pounds. He is one year out and hasn't gained it back. He lost muscle tone too. He is back to a normal energy level. He was about 245 and is now about 195. He is tall and thin.

• ruben1
    ruben1 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    49 yr m

Pre surgery 230.   Pre treat  225/ post treat 175

9 months post  180

• LitlCJdoll
    LitlCJdoll Member Posts: 245 Member
    edited October 2021 #67
    Options
    Cachexia

My weight is a scary subject--- Years before I started the decline from what we discovered was Cancer--- I was 85 pounds. My top weight of all time was 97 pounds.

Day of surgery, April 25th 2017 --- I was literally starving to death at 64 pounds.  64 pounds, and my 5 surgeon team got me through. 7+ Hour surgery, which ended at 11:30 pm that night.  Days in ICU...

Going through radiation treatments I was 69 pounds.  The techs would lift me off the table in both arms.... I was admitted Twice during treatments.

5 Recurrent tumors, and a New Primary tumor 9 months after treatment.

This June with Doublle lung bacterial pneumonia ( my 5 th pneumonia), 70 pounds in the hospital. When I got home, with PICC line, etc, I went down to 68 pounds.

Today, 71 pounds.   Last year I think I got up to 75 pounds, ...but can't seem to get back there.

Little crystal

• ozymandible
    ozymandible Member Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Pre treatment in January 182

Pre treatment in January 182

After surgery in March. 162

After chemo rads ended in July 145

Today 137.5

(ETA female 57)

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited October 2021 #69
    Options
    Pre-Pretreatment - 160

Pre-Pretreatment - 160

Pretreatment - 175 - bulk up knowing weight loss was coming

Post-treatment - 140

One year and later - 160 (weight is ok but would rather have more in muscle than fat) Undecided

• Remington25
    Remington25 Member Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Weights

Initial Pre-Treatment: 208lbs

Peak Weight Before Chemo/Rads:  213lbs

Post Treatment Low: 187

Current Weight 212

As others mentioned, my docs told me to eat what I love as my ability and taste would be damaged for a while.  I ate like a beast the 3 weeks between diagnosis and neck dissection surgery.  Then after recovering from that I had another 2-3 weeks of eating before chemo/rad started.  I was 6 rads into treatment and my taste buds went away.  Fortuntely about 3 months after treatment my taste began coming back and I was able to somewhat enjoy food again.  I would say I'm at about 90% taste now for those reading and I ended treatment 1/8/21.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    I Normally Don't

Keep a close watch on my weight but cancer has a way of making you watch it closer.
    I would say just before any of my major 2 cancers I was about 165 lbs. 170 at the most.
    The first cancer I did not lose much as I had a feeding tube in and followed the directions of my nurse navigator
    as soon as I couldn't eat by mouth anymore.
    As per the containers of liquid food, she said "You have to get 6 of these in a day or I guarantee you will lose weight"
    She spoke and I listened.
    The second major cancer of lymph node cancer Sept of 2019 I  went in at about 160-165
    and lost this time dropping to around 140 or a little less.
    I am now back up a bit holding around 155.
    Take care everyone-Wishing You all The Best-Take Care-God Bless-Russ

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    change of boxing weight divisions

Pre-tx: 142-144 lbs              23-0-1

Tx low: 116 lbs  (2009)          0-17-0

Current: 119 lbs  (FT)            2-9-0                                                     ?

• The Cincinnati Kid
    The Cincinnati Kid Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Pre treatment: 152

Current 8 months after end of treatment: 137

Recovery of the ability to eat has been long and slooooow.

8 months done with treatment I'd say my taste buds are back to about 80% of normal but the vast majority of what I eat I'm done with after 7-8 mouthfuls. Improving slowly at the rate of about 1lb per month.

Some foods more edible than others.

Good....white fish, dark meat chicken, bacon, and a salad with protein such as hardboiled egg / cheese and salami in it. Strangely, I can only finish a decent portion of this if I add a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Foods that don't work at all.....beef, chicken breast, and any meat that's even slightly overcooked.

I've yet to finish a 6-inch sub or any burger type sandwich but I've improved from 1 or 2 bites worth to finishing about 80% of them. Don't get me started on red wine....used to be a connoisseur but now 1 glass is my limit!

Thank goodness for protein shakes and high calorie whole chocolate milk.

• tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Spoke too soon. Now I'm back to my pre C weight. Can't complain considering I'm alive and enjoying food.

• MPennak
    MPennak Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Pretreatment: 242 (I am nearly 6'4")

Last radiation treatment was 9/17/21

AS of 1/25/22, I am 198 and have been for about 4 weeks. Exercising daily.

• mamawof6
    mamawof6 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

My cancers started at age 40. I'm now 67. I am a breast cancer survivor. I also have Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma which is non active at the moment. I have also had been diagnosed with throat cancer which I am now cancer free for the most part. My problem is I had trouble with PEG tube and after 3 months it had to be removed. I can eat well but I keep losing weight !!! I had 30 radiation treatments. Doctor has put me on medicine that enhances appitite . I am 5' tall and when I started treatment I weighed 90lbs. and now I am down to 74lbs. Treatment ended in September. Has anyone else had this problem of dropping weight after treatment and any suggestions on maintaining weight? I have tried supplements and so forth. Nothing is helping!

• Logan51
    Logan51 Member Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Boost VHC, maybe. 530 calories in an 8-ounce container. I'm FT-dependent and use 1/day to supplement with the Jevity.