Roll call for Endometrial Adenocarcinoma any stage

Options

Comments

• Fla_native
    Fla_native Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016 #62
    Options

Welcome to the board, Debbie!

Welcome to the board, Debbie!!  Wow, if it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!!  I'm hoping for the best for you tomorrow but no matter what happens, we're here for you.  This board is a great place to learn all kinds of new things, find a shoulder to cry on, stamp your feet and wail at the gods or find a little humor in our situations.  Good luck tomorrow (((Debbie) - I'll be thinking about you.

Love,

Eldri

Thank you Eldri. One thing

Thank you Eldri. One thing that I have been lucky with is surgery. All my surgeries have been successful with few, if any, complications and I have recovered well. Other than the cancer I have pretty good health for a 62 yr old.  I am headed to the hospital in a few minutes and I just have to go  with the faith in my surgeon

• Fla_native
    Fla_native Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Hi, Debbie.

Welcome to the board.  You have already been through a lot! I am hoping that your surgery goes well tomorrow, and that whatever they find is the best possible outcome for you.

Chris 

Thank you so much Chris. I am

Thank you so much Chris. I am headed to the hospital now. Debbie

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    edited May 2016 #64
    Options
    I've recovered from my fourth

I've recovered from my fourth chemo given last Monday for endometrial clear cell 111c. Other than the cancer I am fairly healthy. I've had the Devinci surgery, external and brachytherapy radiation. I was diagnosed in October. I'm keeping a positive attitude though I do feel I have a strong chance of reoccurrence, but I'll deal with it when and if it comes. I have a great support system with my family and friends!

• Loquitur
    Loquitur Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2016 #65
    Options
    Stage 1A Grade 1 Endometriod Adencarcinoma Villoglandular

Symptom was post menopausal bleeding. Gyn ordered  a transvaginal ultrasound and endometrial biopsy which showed hyperplasia with atypia. Had DaVinci robotic surgery by gyn/onc to remove uterus, tubes and ovaries in Nov 2015. At this point no further treatment recommended except 3 month follow up visits. My gyn/onc has not ordered any scans or special blood tests so its in the back of my mind that maybe its somewhere else too. I am truly humbled by you awesome women who are facing so much more than I am. 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2016 #66
    Options
    Loquitur said:

Symptom was post menopausal bleeding. Gyn ordered  a transvaginal ultrasound and endometrial biopsy which showed hyperplasia with atypia. Had DaVinci robotic surgery by gyn/onc to remove uterus, tubes and ovaries in Nov 2015. At this point no further treatment recommended except 3 month follow up visits. My gyn/onc has not ordered any scans or special blood tests so its in the back of my mind that maybe its somewhere else too. I am truly humbled by you awesome women who are facing so much more than I am. 

Welcome, Loquitur

Don't be humbled.  Cancer is cancer no matter the grade or stage so fear is the new companion for all of us.  Odds of recurrence are just lower for some and I'm happy you are one of them.

• Unknown
    Options
    Loquitur said:

Hi Loquitur

It's great that you are past your surgery and into the follow up visits.  Now you can relax and try to put some of this behind you.  My gyn/onc doesn't do scans or blood tests either (I'm stage IIIc1, grade 3) but I told him I wasn't going to worry.  I figure ignorance is bliss in my case!  Hugs Nancy

• Moped7946
    Moped7946 Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2016 #68
    Options
    Roll Call for Endometrial Adenocarcinoma

Having hysterectomy, lymphadnectomy (I think that is what it is called), removal of ovaries tubes etc etc...diagnosed April 28....want to get this over with I am tired and pasty looking...have been told it is not that advanced but they have to do pathology after big sugery on May 31 to know for sure...my son just graduated from High School...I am not really SCARED exactly just not feeling so good...looking forward to feeling better!!!

• Loquitur
    Loquitur Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank  you, ladies, for your

Thank  you, ladies, for your kind words. This board is a wonderful place to be.

Susan

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Moped7946 said:

Having hysterectomy, lymphadnectomy (I think that is what it is called), removal of ovaries tubes etc etc...diagnosed April 28....want to get this over with I am tired and pasty looking...have been told it is not that advanced but they have to do pathology after big sugery on May 31 to know for sure...my son just graduated from High School...I am not really SCARED exactly just not feeling so good...looking forward to feeling better!!!

Moped, I hope your surgery

Moped, I hope your surgery goes well and that your pathology report comes back with the best possible news.

Please come back with any questions. Someone here will most likely have an answer for you.

Let us know your progress.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Loquitur said:

Thank  you, ladies, for your

Thank  you, ladies, for your kind words. This board is a wonderful place to be.

Susan

Susan, welcome! So glad your

Susan, welcome! So glad your cancer was a low grade kind. Remember to stay diligent with your check ups and rejoice in the fact that you caught it early. Please come back with any questions as you move along your journey. We are here for each other.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Moped

Welcome and best wishes for your surgery on Tuesday.  I was very scared before my own surgery, but it turned out to not be that bad. I hope you have an easy time of it, too.  And hopefully, it will take care of your fatigue!

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 789
    Options
    Moped7946 said:

Wishing you well with surgery

Moped, I want to wish you well on your surgery tomorrow. Will it be a laparoscopic / robotic surgery? Mine was abdominal (vertical incision) and it took a good 4-weeks to get back on my feet. I hope yours goes well and that your back doing what you love quickly! 

Wishing you strength and peace,

Kim

Surgery: TAH & BSO, 14 lymph nodes excised, 10.5 cm - Sept 2015; 47 years old

Dx: Uterine carcinosarcoma (MMMT) Stage 1b, Grade 3 - Sept 2015

Frontline: Chemo (Taxol-day 1 & Ifosfamide/Mesna-days 1-3) - 6 rounds - completed May 2016; Radiation - external, 28 treatments, completed Mar 2016

• christine8822
    christine8822 Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Moped7946 said:

Good luck Moped

Moped hope your surgery went well. Do be aware to wait for the pathology report for your final diagnosis.

I had an "all clear" upbeat report from my doctors the day after robotic surgery, suspected to be stage 1 endometrioid cancer, only to find out 8 days later that the path report found cancer in 3 of 17 lymph nodes, jumping me to stage IIIC.

My hope for you is that they will find nothing bad and you can return to regular life with a sigh of relief. However, if they do find something bad, everyone on this board is here to support you and show you that treatment can be endured and be successful. I underwent 6 taxol/carbo and 25 radiation in a sandwich fashion. I am now 5 months after treatment and being closely monitored for the next 5 years. 

All the best, and hang in there. 

• BC Brady
    BC Brady Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2016 #75
    Options
    pinky104 said:

UPSC

I had endometrial adenocarcinoma which was UPSC, stage IVb, five and a half years ago.  I'm currently NED.

thank you!

Me too - still in active treatment since Jan 2015.  For you? Five and a half - wow - you give me hope. Thanks for chiming in!

Billie

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Moped7946 said:

Stage lllc/path report

Found out there was lymph node involvement so I will be getting a port tomorrow. Will be getting carboplatin and taxol for 18 weeks starting next Tuesday. Not much else to say. I have a lot of hats now.

Oh yeah!!!  Especially after

Oh yeah!!!  Especially after I read the information so many of these women on this board were given to make informed choices.  They were more like partners with their doctors.  I was more like the preschooler who was told when to wash my hands.  If I knew then what I know now......

Love,

Eldri

• brissance
    brissance Member Posts: 192
    Options
    Funny

Oh yeah, I was less than happy but couldn't figure out on whom I should vent my wrath...   Just seems unfair all the way around. So much critical information just thrown at you...  my level of understanding was entry... cancer bad, chemo makes you sick and radiation was what killed Madam Curie. It is a continuing education.  Stay  vigilant as you are your best advocate.  

Prayers and hugs... Patty

• willjh
    willjh Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2016 #78
    Options
    I am fairly new to this board

I am fairly new to this board....USC orginailly staged at 1a, but that has been changed...... Robotic Assited Radical Hysterectomy 4/15, comprehensively surgicaly staged with the exception of only 1 node removed.  No invasion, with only small residual cells in pathology.  Got a 2nd opinion at a National Cancer Center and was told that national protocol for staging is to remove 10-20 lymph nodes for testing.  Since that wasn't done, the new doctor would not be able to give me a stage.  That is worrisome, because one study showed that 30-40% of women with no uterine invasion had lymph node involvement.

I had my first infusion today 6/17 with 2 more every 21 days then brackytherapy (not sure if I will have external radiation) followed by remaining 3 infusions. Because of all the wonderful advise I have read on the board, I am chosing to not dwell on what I can't change and I am hoping for the best possible outcome.

Thank you

• beccabtown
    beccabtown Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Introductions: Stage IIIc2, Grade 3 Endometrioid Adenocarcinoma

Hello all, I'm so pleased to have found this board and have already benefited from your wisdom.

I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in April of this year after postmenopausal bleeding. I had a TAH in May. The diagnosis is Stage IIIc2, Grade 3 endometrial cancer, mixed endometrioid and serous type. Apart from cancer in the uterus, one ovary, and cervix, 25 of 38 lymph nodes were positive, as was the pelvic wash. Things I have working in my favor include the fact that I have no other major health problems (and my doctors keep telling me I'm young, at 57). My doctors' plan is six rounds of Carboplatin & Paclitaxel, plus both external radiation and HDR brachytherapy.

I start chemo tomorrow! The port placement was the thing I was dreading most, and I had that done last week, so now I'm just ready to get the healing underway. A friend who just had her fifth anniversary cancer-free after ovarian cancer told me that during chemo she tried to visualize the treatment as healing medicine rather than toxic chemicals, and that sounds like a great attitude to me, so I'm going to try to cultivate that attitude tomorrow.

Best wishes to all of you.

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm with you

Hi Becca, 

I have same Dx but no serous cells. I get my 9th chemo out of 18 weekly tomorrow and so far have had limited side effects. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I get almost weekly acupuncture for neuropathy and it seems to be holding it off. Only a couple of my toes are numb. My hair is extremely thin but I haven't even lost it all and I still have some eye brows which I am coddling. The main things I do are take a stool softener and miralax about a day before and for 3 days after and drink lots of fluids. I get burning urination if I don't. My taste perception is off for a couple days after chemo. I get a little tired and my worst day is usually the 2nd day after. My migraines have flared up but I just get the visual auras and I can deal with that. I hope you have the same or better experience I have had. I too will be getting the full radiation experience after this. 

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Guided imagery

oh, and I do guided imagery exercise every day.