Options
13»

Comments

• jcortney
    jcortney Member Posts: 503
    Options
    jtl said:

What is she?

I see you mentioned that she is a Goldendoodle after I posted.Nice size. Don't some get much larger?

Doodles

Most, golden and lab doodles come in three sizes depending on the size of the parent and the skill of the breeder. Sophie is in the middle of the three and she weighs in at about 35 lbs. and she's fully grown.   

Some brief history for you. Labradoodles were the first bred and they started in australia. They were bred for a specific purpose, to be non-allergenic guide dogs.   For the most part they do not shed, we see a few hairs every week and the have NO dander. 

So, probably more than you wanted to know, but there you have it. 

Joe

• jtl
    jtl Member Posts: 456
    Options
    jcortney said:

Doodles

Most, golden and lab doodles come in three sizes depending on the size of the parent and the skill of the breeder. Sophie is in the middle of the three and she weighs in at about 35 lbs. and she's fully grown.   

Some brief history for you. Labradoodles were the first bred and they started in australia. They were bred for a specific purpose, to be non-allergenic guide dogs.   For the most part they do not shed, we see a few hairs every week and the have NO dander. 

So, probably more than you wanted to know, but there you have it. 

Joe

Thanks for the info

We have a 10 yo American Water Spaniel but from time to time have considered another dog just never sure when.  I think maybe in a year or so.  Ours dog is so spoiled I am not sure if she would like another dog, although she does ok with other dogs as long as they are not in her face. She may accept a puppy that she can dominate.  I really like the goldens and I think we would like a doodle, actually we love all animals.  

P, wishing you good luck on Friday.  Get the damn biopsy and put it behind you for good!

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Pets

what beautiful animals. I'm on my own now, my partner passed away in March. I get lonely and it's so quiet, I'm seriously thinking of getting a dog. I can't manage a large one so was thinking of a labdoodle I think that's what theyre called a small dog crossed between a lab and poodle. Ive seen them and they are sweet, don't shred, don't yap all day.  Id like it big enough to see but small enough to sit on my lap. We have a pet rescue near here I look every day what's on there. I fall in love with all of them but they are too big. All I've got to talk to now is a tin of sardines and they dont need exercising  ha ha.