Alexandra

Options

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

I haven't been on CSN for a while. One day was feeling pissy and took it out on my social networks accounts. Very sorry to make you all worry.

I spent November in the hospital again and it was no fun. Back home now. I am still on weekly Taxol, but it is not slowing cancer down. It's pretty much everywhere. Because of the tumor in the stomach I can't eat anymore, so every night I hook up TPN bag (liquid nutrition) to the PICC line. I get ascites drained every couple of weeks. I also lost all feeling in toes and fingers (damn you peripheral neuropathy!). There was some discussion with the doctor about immunotherapy trial, not sure if that will happen or when.

On the positive side I'm not in any pain and wear clothes of respectable size 6 instead of embarrassing size 20. Smile

I hope you're all doing well and my sincere apologies for missing some of your emails and calls.

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

Alexandra, if you are

Alexandra, if you are spitting in the eye of cancer I don't know WHO is!  Fighting with humor - you go girl!  

I am sorry to hear all you have been going through, but I am happy you are not in pain.  

Obviously, you are in many thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

• Jue
    Jue Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

I haven't been on CSN for a while. One day was feeling pissy and took it out on my social networks accounts. Very sorry to make you all worry.

I spent November in the hospital again and it was no fun. Back home now. I am still on weekly Taxol, but it is not slowing cancer down. It's pretty much everywhere. Because of the tumor in the stomach I can't eat anymore, so every night I hook up TPN bag (liquid nutrition) to the PICC line. I get ascites drained every couple of weeks. I also lost all feeling in toes and fingers (damn you peripheral neuropathy!). There was some discussion with the doctor about immunotherapy trial, not sure if that will happen or when.

On the positive side I'm not in any pain and wear clothes of respectable size 6 instead of embarrassing size 20. Smile

I hope you're all doing well and my sincere apologies for missing some of your emails and calls.

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

So glad to hear from you , it

So glad to hear from you , it has made me smile, wishing you hugs and best wishes . Jue x

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Jue said:

So glad to hear from you , it

So glad to hear from you , it has made me smile, wishing you hugs and best wishes . Jue x

Whew!

Glad you reconnected! 

Sending you hugs and good wishes for a happy Hanukkah

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    So glad you surfaced.

Sorry for all you're going through but glad you're not in pain.  This damn disease sucks.  The only good thing about it is the terrific women we've all come to know.  You are certainly one.

Karen 

• Ishtar
    Ishtar Member Posts: 6
    Options
    kikz said:

So glad you surfaced.

Sorry for all you're going through but glad you're not in pain.  This damn disease sucks.  The only good thing about it is the terrific women we've all come to know.  You are certainly one.

Karen 

Missing your smile. Please post a new pic.

When your Facebook page disappeared, you were gone from my life.   I searched everywhere like others on this page.  News that you had resurfaced brought a big smile to my face and confidence that we will share the sunshine of Jamaica agaon soon.  Hope the Jewish and Christian holidays bring some comfort to you.  Sending hugs, prayers, and sunshine!  Dale

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Ishtar said:

Missing your smile. Please post a new pic.

When your Facebook page disappeared, you were gone from my life.   I searched everywhere like others on this page.  News that you had resurfaced brought a big smile to my face and confidence that we will share the sunshine of Jamaica agaon soon.  Hope the Jewish and Christian holidays bring some comfort to you.  Sending hugs, prayers, and sunshine!  Dale

Thank goodness!

Whew, am I glad to hear from you, as we all are, Alexandra! I am glad to hear that you are not in pain. I wish only the best for you.

Hugs,

Cathy

• JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

Best Christmas Present EVER

So glad you are still with us and are not in any pain.Love and Hugs

• Glad to be done
    Glad to be done Member Posts: 569
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

Thank goodness!

Whew, am I glad to hear from you, as we all are, Alexandra! I am glad to hear that you are not in pain. I wish only the best for you.

Hugs,

Cathy

Soooooo great to see your

Soooooo great to see your post this morning....  I am sorry you are going through all of us but know I am envious of your size 6.  lol...  I was sad reading the posts until yours showed up....  You are allowed to have your bad days...  Please keep us posted.

Think of you often...

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Options
    Thank y'all!

I am very moved, grateful and humbled to read the words of love and support from all my dear friends.

I wish everybody a very Merry Christmas and Happy and healthy New Year!

Alexandra

• Ishtar
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Thank y'all!

I am very moved, grateful and humbled to read the words of love and support from all my dear friends.

Alexandra

Christmas Season and New Year.

Hello Alexandra.  Always happy to see a new message from you here.  Hope you will rejoin Facebook to see the wonderful pictures of Santa Claus.  Sending hugs prayers and love.

• Ishtar
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Thank y'all!

Alexandra

Update

How about an update on your health?

<<<<HUGS>>>>

• Ishtar
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Thank y'all!

Alexandra

Jamaica

I just made reservations to go to Jamaica from March 30 to April 7.  What a dream it would be to share the beach with you.  Be well my friend!

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Ishtar said:

Update

How about an update on your health?

<<<<HUGS>>>>

I was just emailing

I was just emailing Alexandra. It seems she is in Hospice and considering pallative sedation.  My prayers go out to her, she is such a fighter, i know there must be something they can do.  Love you, Alex!  Hugs!

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    angec said:

I was just emailing

I was just emailing Alexandra. It seems she is in Hospice and considering pallative sedation.  My prayers go out to her, she is such a fighter, i know there must be something they can do.  Love you, Alex!  Hugs!

Alexandra

Thank you Angec for letting us know.  I knew she was weak, but hoped she would get her strenght back.  Give her our love and prayers and please let us know how she is.  Thanks, debrajo

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    debrajo said:

Alexandra

Thank you Angec for letting us know.  I knew she was weak, but hoped she would get her strenght back.  Give her our love and prayers and please let us know how she is.  Thanks, debrajo

Alexandra

i wish I had the words to tell her how much her posts have meant to me.  It's an honor to have had her life brush up to against mine.  Please pass that on if you can, Angec.

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Options
    Dear All. This is the last entry

Tomorrorow 2016-02-13 I move to a lovely 2 bed hospice facility, stop TPL (IV nutrition), strart paliative sedation. I am promised pieceful and resting sleep till I'm gone. Technically I wil pass away from dehydration.

Thank you and love you all. Ladies and Ishtar and Fox. Stay strong

• adny
    adny Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Tomorrorow 2016-02-13 I move to a lovely 2 bed hospice facility, stop TPL (IV nutrition), strart paliative sedation. I am promised pieceful and resting sleep till I'm gone. Technically I wil pass away from dehydration.

Thank You.

I have followed your story for about three years. I first joined the forum about three years ago when my best friend came down with Ovarian Cancer. I was trying to find inspiration and ways to help her. Sadly, we lost her in December of 2013. I continued to check back and read your posts.  I came to know you and love you. You are a fighter, but not only that. You are an awesome giver, helper and friend to the other ladies. You passed along so much information, and were always there for the new OVC  patients who were often frightened and didn't know which way to turn. You always had some factual information to give them. You made the ladies laugh a lot also. I want you to know that your determination to beat this disease was not in vain. Often when I feel really bad and sick, I think about you and my daughter. I lost my 26 year old daughter to leukemia 11 years ago. She left me with so much strength.  She fought so hard, just like you did. Whenever I am having health issues I am not afraid of what might come, I say, I am going to be strong like Jasmine (my daughter's name) and Alexandra. I have read your every post. I have come to know and love you. I have prayed for you many times. I wanted you to beat this so bad, as did everyone. I just wanted you to know how you impacted my life in a very meaninful way and you didn't even know me. I am sure you positively impacted others  who may have been lurking also. You are a wonderful, loving, strong, kind, smart, brave, funny, delightful person. You will continue to be so, throughout eternity, you will be helping and comforting others. It's not about religious beliefs. It is about having the biggest, most loving heart ever. You certainly have that. You have nothing to fear now and nothing to worry about. It will be better than Jamaica.

I love you darling. I will think of you often. (by the way, I am just across the bridge from you)

Linda in Detroit

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Alexandra, may God bless your

Alexandra, may God bless your beautiful soul.  You have brought to this sometimes ugly world, lord knows this disease is ugly, a true bright light.  You are TRULY loved by many.  

• Glad to be done
    Glad to be done Member Posts: 569
    Options
    adny said:

Thank You.

I have followed your story for about three years. I first joined the forum about three years ago when my best friend came down with Ovarian Cancer. I was trying to find inspiration and ways to help her. Sadly, we lost her in December of 2013. I continued to check back and read your posts.  I came to know you and love you. You are a fighter, but not only that. You are an awesome giver, helper and friend to the other ladies. You passed along so much information, and were always there for the new OVC  patients who were often frightened and didn't know which way to turn. You always had some factual information to give them. You made the ladies laugh a lot also. I want you to know that your determination to beat this disease was not in vain. Often when I feel really bad and sick, I think about you and my daughter. I lost my 26 year old daughter to leukemia 11 years ago. She left me with so much strength.  She fought so hard, just like you did. Whenever I am having health issues I am not afraid of what might come, I say, I am going to be strong like Jasmine (my daughter's name) and Alexandra. I have read your every post. I have come to know and love you. I have prayed for you many times. I wanted you to beat this so bad, as did everyone. I just wanted you to know how you impacted my life in a very meaninful way and you didn't even know me. I am sure you positively impacted others  who may have been lurking also. You are a wonderful, loving, strong, kind, smart, brave, funny, delightful person. You will continue to be so, throughout eternity, you will be helping and comforting others. It's not about religious beliefs. It is about having the biggest, most loving heart ever. You certainly have that. You have nothing to fear now and nothing to worry about. It will be better than Jamaica.

I love you darling. I will think of you often. (by the way, I am just across the bridge from you)

Linda in Detroit

Our dearest Alexandra
    I think

Our dearest Alexandra

I think I speak for all of us when I say you are the heart and soul of this group.  You are the first person I met on here and helped me so much.  For that I will always be thankful.  I am at a total loss for words right now and so very sad.  I will miss your wit and oh my gosh your stories of your travels...  Loved your stories.

God speed my friend........ Till we meet again..

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Alex

FLY. Fox.