Options

Comments

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Debra:I have a twitter

Debra:

I have a twitter account.   Alexandra has an account but she has never posted anything.  All it has on it is her photo and she liked something in 2014.  She also has a daughter Shirley who I believe should be 22 or 23 years old.  Also her husband is 53/54 years old.  They were married in 1993 in Cyprus and honeymooned in Greece.   But she didn't give his name.

Kaleen

I am sending you an e-mail message here on site.  Thanks, Debrs

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    debrajo said:

Kaleen

I am sending you an e-mail message here on site.  Thanks, Debrs

any news?

I checked obits for ontario canada but found nothing. I wonder if you discovered antyhing, Debra Jo?

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    scatsm said:

any news?

I checked obits for ontario canada but found nothing. I wonder if you discovered antyhing, Debra Jo?

I'VE CHECKED AS WELL

There is nothing to be found.  I really hope someone can get in contact with Alexandra.

Monika

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    mopar said:

I'VE CHECKED AS WELL

There is nothing to be found.  I really hope someone can get in contact with Alexandra.

Monika

People

on the kidney board are wondering about her, too.  I feel so helpless.

• debrajo
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

People

on the kidney board are wondering about her, too.  I feel so helpless.

No news.... It seems to be

No news.... It seems to be that all of her public places are gone.  I keep hoping she has gone to Israel to see her mother.  I have some other info in my files and have contacted people she has contacted with before.  I hate to seem like a stalker. If something bad hasn't happened, she obviously wants her privacy.   I will certainly let you know if I hear, but not really expecting to...sigh!  Debra

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    debrajo said:

No news.... It seems to be that all of her public places are gone.  I keep hoping she has gone to Israel to see her mother.  I have some other info in my files and have contacted people she has contacted with before.  I hate to seem like a stalker. If something bad hasn't happened, she obviously wants her privacy.   I will certainly let you know if I hear, but not really expecting to...sigh!  Debra

Alexandra

I will always remember her sense of humor and intelligence. She was a fierce warrior!

It feels terrible for her to disappear. This is certainly one of the challenges of a board like this. We are close but not in a real world way. Not everyone posts to the end, like Seatown for example. I wish we had some closure. Mostly, I hope she is at peace.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    debrajo said:

I've been searching and

I've been searching and haven't come up with anything else.   And I don't want to believe what she says on her About Me page at the bottom of the page.    That being said, I hope she is out enjoying one of her many wild adventures that we were priviledged that she shared with us.

Hugs,

Kathy

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I have

given instructions to someone to make sure they let my sisters on this board and on Facebook know if/when something happens to me.  You all have been such a big part of my journey.  I don't come here often, not sure why, it's probably the instant gratification of Facebook.  I hope Alexandra is okay.  I wish she would let us know if she can.  Thanksgiving blessings to all of you ladies.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    kikz said:

I have

given instructions to someone to make sure they let my sisters on this board and on Facebook know if/when something happens to me.  You all have been such a big part of my journey.  I don't come here often, not sure why, it's probably the instant gratification of Facebook.  I hope Alexandra is okay.  I wish she would let us know if she can.  Thanksgiving blessings to all of you ladies.

Thank You, Ladies

for doing your best to find Alexandra.  It is very heartwarming to feel your concern for our teal sister.  I'm worried but hope she's okay too.  Karen, it's nice to hear from you.  Thanks for thinking of us.

Hugs,

Kelly

• Ishtar
    Ishtar Member Posts: 6
    Options

Thank You, Ladies

for doing your best to find Alexandra.  It is very heartwarming to feel your concern for our teal sister.  I'm worried but hope she's okay too.  Karen, it's nice to hear from you.  Thanks for thinking of us.

Hugs,

Kelly

Alexandra

We met in Jamaica on one of her adventures 2 years ago.  She returned last year and had hope to go again in October this year.  She finally decided it was just a dream that she had a chance to return this year.  She reported to me like she did to you that she was sick and spending a lot of time in the hospital.  When I wrote her each week asking how she was, she said she was ok, but sick.  When I asked how we would find if something had happened, she said she would have it posted in Facebook.  Then two weeks later her FB account was gone.  I tried calling her old company, but they had no info about her.  Reading this dialogue from you ladies today, I can only conclude that she has passed.  Please post if you find any more.  Rest in Peace my friend.  Pray for one another.

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have also tried to find Alexandra

It is heartbreaking when another woman disappears from this site, and it saddens me to think what may have happened to her.  I tried to find her but was only able to come up with a web site about assisted suicide.  More specifically, Alexandra signed a petition about 3 months ago or so in favor of assisted suicide in Canada.  There was no other information provided about her.

Wishing you all the Best,

Cathy 

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Options
    I AM STILL HERE

I haven't been on CSN for a while. One day was feeling pissy and took it out on my social networks accounts. Very sorry to make you all worry.

I spent November in the hospital again and it was no fun. Back home now. I am still on weekly Taxol, but it is not slowing cancer down. It's pretty much everywhere. Because of the tumor in the stomach I can't eat anymore, so every night I hook up TPN bag (liquid nutrition) to the PICC line. I get ascites drained every couple of weeks. I also lost all feeling in toes and fingers (damn you peripheral neuropathy!). There was some discussion with the doctor about immunotherapy trial, not sure if that will happen or when.

On the positive side I'm not in any pain and wear clothes of respectable size 6 instead of embarrassing size 20. Smile

I hope you're all doing well and my sincere apologies for missing some of your emails and calls.

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

I haven't been on CSN for a while. One day was feeling pissy and took it out on my social networks accounts. Very sorry to make you all worry.

I spent November in the hospital again and it was no fun. Back home now. I am still on weekly Taxol, but it is not slowing cancer down. It's pretty much everywhere. Because of the tumor in the stomach I can't eat anymore, so every night I hook up TPN bag (liquid nutrition) to the PICC line. I get ascites drained every couple of weeks. I also lost all feeling in toes and fingers (damn you peripheral neuropathy!). There was some discussion with the doctor about immunotherapy trial, not sure if that will happen or when.

On the positive side I'm not in any pain and wear clothes of respectable size 6 instead of embarrassing size 20. Smile

I hope you're all doing well and my sincere apologies for missing some of your emails and calls.

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

Yay!!!!

Oh Alexandra!

So happy to hear from you!    You made my weekend girl!!!

Hugs and prayers to you,

Kathy

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

So good to hear from you!

No need to apologize!, Alexandra!  We are just so relieved that you are still here!   Damn this cancer!  Please know that I am sending tons of good thoughts and prayers that you find relief and the right cocktail to kick the beast to the curb.

Warm hugs,

Kelly

• Hearty Pioneer
    Hearty Pioneer Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

Yeah!!

so glad you are still walking the planet and fighting! We missed you! Your humor and insight are greatly appreciated. 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

So good to hear from you!

No need to apologize!, Alexandra!  We are just so relieved that you are still here!   Damn this cancer!  Please know that I am sending tons of good thoughts and prayers that you find relief and the right cocktail to kick the beast to the curb.

Warm hugs,

Kelly

What a relief

to know you are still in the fight.  We tried to so hard to track you down and failed.  Of course, the irony is you are the one with the people finding skills.  I'm so sorry things haven't been going better but glad pain isn't an issue.  Now, hop over to the kidney board.  Fox has been looking for you.

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

Dear Alex! So, so glad to

Dear Alex! So, so glad to hear from you! Sorry for all you are going through. Did you ever try the CBD oil by Rick Simpson? I thought you mentioned you were on it.  Can you try anything off label like the Nivolumab/Opdiva? How about any of the kidney drugs like AVastin or Votrient?  I hear they use Avastin for women cancers now. It might be worth a shot to try to get it off label.  I am praying a new trial comes your way! You are one tough cookie, keep up the fight. I am glad to see that you haven't lost your spunk. What about any of the new cell treatments they are doing.  Some are at Sloans in NYC. Sending BIG hugs to you!! XXOO Angela

• debrajo
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

Thank God!

Damn Girl!  Do you know how many hours I and other have been looking for you?!  Scared the Heck out of me!  Next time you go MIA, at least give one of us the ole one finger salute!  Seriously, so sorry you are not back to the old self...yet.  A size 6 uhmmmm?  I have a thigh that is a size six!  You need a fat transplant, just let me know!  Just incase you have another hissy fit and throw your computer out the window, do you have anyone that will let us know you are ok, just pissed?!  I am so glad you are back and I know you are really fighting to get better so you can get back to Jamaca!  Please take care...we all love you!    Debra(Jo)

P.S.   Searching Canadian obits sucks big time!  LOL!

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

What a joy to imagine everyone doing the happy dance for you

Alexandra  I am happy to see this post , had everyone worried and missing you ,I hope some researcher comes up with our saving  potion real quick.In the mean time hug life my Sister.

In many posts your trip to Jamaica was mentioned, what did you do in Jamaica that you enjoyed most or benefitted you most (dear Lord I am hoping that the answer can be in print LOL) Take care Alexander,Nuff Love. Moli.

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

I AM STILL HERE

Much love and hugs,

Alexandra

WELCOME BACK!

You are allowed your 'moments', Alexandra.  We just were concerned, as you can imagine.  We're a pretty tight group here!

Sorry you are going through so much.  I continue to keep you, and EVERYONE here, in my prayers.  Happy to hear you are no in pain, but I hope you can get some good nutrition in you to help give you strength.

Sending lots of (((HUGS)))!

Monika