More news from Djinnie! Good news!

124»

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member

Good News

Hi JoJo and Jan,

Thanks for the follow up with Djinnie.

I had my latest CT-scan this past Thursday.  For the very first time - ever since my lymph nodes became active - the scan showed they were stable.  This is rather amazing as every other scan had shown growth of about 2cm per visit.

Since my liver mets have been controlled by Afinitor I am now totally stable - although my tumors are enormous.

Best wishes,

-Neil

Hey Neil..glad to hear some

Hey Neil..glad to hear some great news for you!!

Not sure if this pertains to you or not, but there is this treatment my niece is going to start for her liver cancer. of course her situation was so dire the tumor was inoperable and did not qualify for transplant. They gave her 11 months to live. Did I already tell you all this?

Well there is a youtube video that shows how the radiologist runs these beads of radiation into arteries of the liver instead of zapping radiation beams. Kills the cancer and shrinks the tumors enough to operate. There is now a chance she'll survive and be cancer free!! Amazing new treatments. Truly amazing!

Not sure any of these would pertain to your situation, but.. what if it did?

Do you want the links?

Gentle hugs, Neil~

Your friend, Jan

• NanoSecond
    NanoSecond Member Posts: 653
    Jan4you said:

Hey Neil..glad to hear some

Hey Neil..glad to hear some great news for you!!

Not sure if this pertains to you or not, but there is this treatment my niece is going to start for her liver cancer. of course her situation was so dire the tumor was inoperable and did not qualify for transplant. They gave her 11 months to live. Did I already tell you all this?

Well there is a youtube video that shows how the radiologist runs these beads of radiation into arteries of the liver instead of zapping radiation beams. Kills the cancer and shrinks the tumors enough to operate. There is now a chance she'll survive and be cancer free!! Amazing new treatments. Truly amazing!

Not sure any of these would pertain to your situation, but.. what if it did?

Do you want the links?

Gentle hugs, Neil~

Your friend, Jan

Radiation Beads

Thanks Jan.  I am well familiar with it.  Unfortunately, my liver is so riddled with tumors (large and small) that I cannot tolerate this procedure.

Best wishes,

-Neil

• Jojo61
    Jojo61 Member Posts: 1,309 Member

Radiation Beads

Thanks Jan.  I am well familiar with it.  Unfortunately, my liver is so riddled with tumors (large and small) that I cannot tolerate this procedure.

Best wishes,

-Neil

Hi Neil,
    I am happy to hear

Hi Neil,

I am happy to hear about some stability with your tumors. No growth is good...it shows something is working! Now hoping for the same report for your next scan.

Hugs

Jojo

• Footstomper
    Footstomper Member Posts: 1,237 Member

Good News

Hi JoJo and Jan,

I had my latest CT-scan this past Thursday.  For the very first time - ever since my lymph nodes became active - the scan showed they were stable.  This is rather amazing as every other scan had shown growth of about 2cm per visit.

Since my liver mets have been controlled by Afinitor I am now totally stable - although my tumors are enormous.

Best wishes,

-Neil

Great

Good to hear the drugs are working and youre communicating.

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member

Good News

Hi JoJo and Jan,

Best wishes,

-Neil

Neil, great news! Stable is

Neil, great news! Stable is always great news!  Great news about DJinnie also!  This has made my night! I hope you have a fantastic summer!  Love and hugs to you, DJ and everyone else!!!

• NanoSecond
    NanoSecond Member Posts: 653
    Jojo61 said:

Hi Neil,
    I am happy to hear

Hi Neil,

I am happy to hear about some stability with your tumors. No growth is good...it shows something is working! Now hoping for the same report for your next scan.

Hugs

Jojo

Mystery

Yes, but the mystery is whether or not any drug is "working" on my lymph nodes.  I have not changed anything in all these months of lymph node progression.  Afinitor has kept my liver mets in check - but had not been effective against the lymph in all this time.

Not that I am complaining.  Just curious as to what may "really" be going on.

Best wishes,

-Neil

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Jojo and Jan
    Thanks for

Jojo and Jan

Thanks for sharing the news with us. Every time i read a good news about Dijinnie tears come to my eyes. I'm crying now. It feels great  having her back soon in this board where she is really needed. I'm sure this will happen soon.

Neil, congratulations. I'm really happy you finally had good reports.