lost

Options

Comments

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

OK

thanks Trish. So many new things, we got this though.

Like most of the ladies on

Like most of the ladies on this site,  your wife is a statistic of one. Remain positive and find a good thought each day. It helped me a lot. My two favorite sayings.... This too shall pass and God will only give you what you can handle as He is there to help carry the load.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

Like most of the ladies on

Like most of the ladies on this site,  your wife is a statistic of one. Remain positive and find a good thought each day. It helped me a lot. My two favorite sayings.... This too shall pass and God will only give you what you can handle as He is there to help carry the load.

Hey, Trish

This, too, shall pass is my life motto. It works equally well in good times and bad, doesn't it?

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

thank you

every thought and prayer is greatly appreciated

Sending you both thoughts and

Sending you both thoughts and prayers!

Kathy

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

shots

did any of you have to give yourself shots in the stomach when you got home?

Yes I did too.

Between round 4 and 5 or 3 and 4, my white baby blood cells weren't producing, so had to give myself shots for 5 days.  They taught me at the infusion center.  I almost had a nurse friend do it for me, but I thought, "I can do this" and did it.  I had a couple bruises, but it was ok.  You can do this.

Jeanette

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

shots

did any of you have to give yourself shots in the stomach when you got home?

Bob

I did not have to give myself shots after my surgery.  But I have been on daily blood thinner shots for three years now after I developed bilateral blood clots in my lungs.   My abdomen is various shades of purple and very lumpy.  

I hope you and Lorraine are doing good.  In peace and caring.

• bob13440
    bob13440 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Sending you both thoughts and

Sending you both thoughts and prayers!

Kathy

!

still in the hospital. surgery was last wednesday, they were shooting for sunday to send her home, but she hadn't had a bowel movement and she was experiencing a lot of stomach pain and cramping. finally had a BM this morning, but she's still very uncomfortable. wish i could take her pain away. still no idea when she'll be released.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

!

still in the hospital. surgery was last wednesday, they were shooting for sunday to send her home, but she hadn't had a bowel movement and she was experiencing a lot of stomach pain and cramping. finally had a BM this morning, but she's still very uncomfortable. wish i could take her pain away. still no idea when she'll be released.

Bob, going to the bathroom is

Bob, going to the bathroom is one of those checklist items they make you do before they can let you leave.  Now that this has happened perhaps she will be released.  I am sure it is hard for you to see her suffer but remember, she had major surgery and healing takes time. 

She is very lucky to have you and no doubt she will be waited on by a loving man.

Encourage her to drink lots of fluid and get up to move around. 

• bob13440
    Options

Bob, going to the bathroom is

Bob, going to the bathroom is one of those checklist items they make you do before they can let you leave.  Now that this has happened perhaps she will be released.  I am sure it is hard for you to see her suffer but remember, she had major surgery and healing takes time. 

She is very lucky to have you and no doubt she will be waited on by a loving man.

Encourage her to drink lots of fluid and get up to move around. 

that's what's so

that's what's so frustrating... seems like since her BM and walking the pain is so severe. She's walked more and more each day until today. She's so scared and in so much pain. Hoping for a much better day tomorrow. Thanks for kind words

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

that's what's so

that's what's so frustrating... seems like since her BM and walking the pain is so severe. She's walked more and more each day until today. She's so scared and in so much pain. Hoping for a much better day tomorrow. Thanks for kind words

So much pain

Hi Bob, so sorry to hear your wife is having such a hard time. I also had an open hysterectomy and I remember how painful it was! I was in the hospital for 6 days. My husband and my daughter took turns heckling me into walking the hospital corridors and I recall that I was not all that grateful. But it did help tremendously, along with spending more and more time sitting in a chair instead of the bed. By the time I left the hospital, the pain had greatly diminished. When I returned home they gave me plenty of pain medication and that actually turned out to be a problem. I was afraid of the pain and afraid to cut back on the medication. The pain pills made me feel constantly nauseous. I was hardly eating( not like me at all!). I finally cut way back on the meds and began feeling better. Let your wife know that it will get better soon but she does have to try and get around as much as possible. If the pain isn't diminishing, I would discuss it with her doctor. Hoping she starts feeling better very soon. Sandy

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sandy3185 said:

So much pain

Hi Bob, so sorry to hear your wife is having such a hard time. I also had an open hysterectomy and I remember how painful it was! I was in the hospital for 6 days. My husband and my daughter took turns heckling me into walking the hospital corridors and I recall that I was not all that grateful. But it did help tremendously, along with spending more and more time sitting in a chair instead of the bed. By the time I left the hospital, the pain had greatly diminished. When I returned home they gave me plenty of pain medication and that actually turned out to be a problem. I was afraid of the pain and afraid to cut back on the medication. The pain pills made me feel constantly nauseous. I was hardly eating( not like me at all!). I finally cut way back on the meds and began feeling better. Let your wife know that it will get better soon but she does have to try and get around as much as possible. If the pain isn't diminishing, I would discuss it with her doctor. Hoping she starts feeling better very soon. Sandy

Me too

Keeping you both in my prayers.  I had the open surgery too and boy did they have me walking!  No Bm until day five. And then not another one for amother five days.  My doctor prescribed strong coffee which really helped.  I was in the hospital for six days total and they wanted to keep me longer to do chemo but I put my foot down.  Is she experiencing peaks and valleys of pain?  If so that exacerbates the pain aside from being stressed and scared.  see if nurses can help with that by giving her Tylenol two between pain meds.  Things will get better.  Keep her hydrated and walking.  

Prayers and hugs.  

• bob13440
    Options
    AWK said:

Me too

Keeping you both in my prayers.  I had the open surgery too and boy did they have me walking!  No Bm until day five. And then not another one for amother five days.  My doctor prescribed strong coffee which really helped.  I was in the hospital for six days total and they wanted to keep me longer to do chemo but I put my foot down.  Is she experiencing peaks and valleys of pain?  If so that exacerbates the pain aside from being stressed and scared.  see if nurses can help with that by giving her Tylenol two between pain meds.  Things will get better.  Keep her hydrated and walking.  

Prayers and hugs.  

sick

they found fluid in her lungs today, went to drain them, but her bp crashed. She almost passed out. She's petrified... so am I. I hope it hasn't spread already, surgery was just 6 days ago! Any thoughts?

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

sick

they found fluid in her lungs today, went to drain them, but her bp crashed. She almost passed out. She's petrified... so am I. I hope it hasn't spread already, surgery was just 6 days ago! Any thoughts?

Bob how scary that HAD to be

Bob, how scary that HAD to be for your wife when they came at her to drain her lungs!!!!  It is ok to be scared, but with these things going on she is in the best place to help her right now. If you were in your home, which I am sure you both want to be, you wouldn't be able to do anything for her there.

I would say rather than guess what it might be from ask the doctor.  I know THAT is frustrating trying to catch up with them, but they should have tests and hard facts of what you need to know. 

For your wife, and all the women here who have talked about their open hysterectomy, I can't imagine that pain. 

Again, speculation is not a good way to go.  You really want to get the facts. 

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    Options
    So sorry Bob!!!

Bob, she is in the best place right now, let's wait and see how things go, I am sure she will come out of this, but it will probably take some time. I can imagine how scared the both of you are.  Take care of yourself and keep strong for her. I send you lots of hugs and hope everything goes well.  

• bob13440
    Options
    nempark said:

So sorry Bob!!!

Bob, she is in the best place right now, let's wait and see how things go, I am sure she will come out of this, but it will probably take some time. I can imagine how scared the both of you are.  Take care of yourself and keep strong for her. I send you lots of hugs and hope everything goes well.  

thanks

this board has become my own little place for support. Dr. told us it's not spreading, it's just fluid building up like before the surgery. They'll try agin tomorrow to drain it and hope to start chemo next week. All of the support advice and well wishes are very appreciated. Thanks so much!

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

thanks

this board has become my own little place for support. Dr. told us it's not spreading, it's just fluid building up like before the surgery. They'll try agin tomorrow to drain it and hope to start chemo next week. All of the support advice and well wishes are very appreciated. Thanks so much!

Brother-in-law

It's like you have become a brother-in-law to us peach sisters because your wife is a peach sister.  I'm glad to know that it isn't spreading.  Hopefully, things will turn around very soon.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Jeanette

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

thanks

Bob

So sorry to hear that Lorraine has fluid build up around the lungs.  I hope they can drain the fluid tomorrow and her breathing will be easier.  I am sure Lorraine is very frightened since her BP dropped before.  I'll say extra prayers for both of you.  I hope Lorraine gets to go home soon.  She is very fortunate to have such a caring husband.  Thanks for keeping us informed.  In peace and caring.

• bob13440
    Options
    Ro10 said:

Bob

So sorry to hear that Lorraine has fluid build up around the lungs.  I hope they can drain the fluid tomorrow and her breathing will be easier.  I am sure Lorraine is very frightened since her BP dropped before.  I'll say extra prayers for both of you.  I hope Lorraine gets to go home soon.  She is very fortunate to have such a caring husband.  Thanks for keeping us informed.  In peace and caring.

home tomorrow

that is all for now. you have all been a blessing to us, you're all amazing people!

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    Options
    Bob--Thank you!

Bob, thank you for being a fine man and an extremely wonderful husband, the world need more husbands like you.  Here's wishing Lorraine a speedy recovery.  Keep up the good work Bob, you are a great man. Don't forget to take care of yourself. By the way Bob, any children?

• bob13440
    Options
    nempark said:

Bob--Thank you!

Bob, thank you for being a fine man and an extremely wonderful husband, the world need more husbands like you.  Here's wishing Lorraine a speedy recovery.  Keep up the good work Bob, you are a great man. Don't forget to take care of yourself. By the way Bob, any children?

no children together. She has

no children together. She has two sons, I have three sons. Thank you for the kind words. She has made me who I am today. I'd be lost without her love.

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    bob13440 said:

no children together. She has

no children together. She has two sons, I have three sons. Thank you for the kind words. She has made me who I am today. I'd be lost without her love.

So glad she is heading home!

You both will feel so much better once she is there.  Don't forget the pillow and keep asking us questions.  Let people help out, our friends stocked our pantry, brought meals, walked dogs and understood when we didn't feel up to having visitors or guests.  you can both do this and she needs to rest up for treatments.  And I am sure you need some rest too.  I hope your kids are doing okay, ours were scared.  I told them the best thing they could do for all of us was to ask questions, talk about their fears and keep moving forward.  The same went for my husband.  Those couple of weeks are kind of a blur for me but I do remember my poor husband taking on the laundry which has always been my thing.  

Sending prayers and hugs. Sending her wishes to stay strong and thrive.  Anne