Released from hospital after 8 days on Wednesday

Options
herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member

I spent 8 days in hospital  on three different floors in various amounts of pain, lots of medicine try outs, lots of pain, and a lot of missing memory.

I am home now weighing 110 pounds, which is a bunch of walking bones for me.  I have been in and out of hospital and OR since April, I think every other week with intense pain.  This last visit they worked on pain control amd so far haven't had pain in 5 days, so somewhat thrilled. 

Two liver tumors are now baseball size, they didn't tell me the sizes of the other 5. New one found at site of resection in sigmoid colon 6 cm.

Had chemo Monday and supposed to have in two weeks, so busy trying to fatten up.

Sorry can't write that often anymore, but thinking of you all,

Winter Marie

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    My heartfelt thoughts are with you

I am so sorry to hear that you are continuing to suffer.  

What to say? It is so hard to read your list of probelms. You are such a strong person, and such an important member on this forum. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Bless you, Winter Marie.

SUE/TRU

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Geesh!

You certainly have been through the wringer. I hope you start feeling better soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lin

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Oh My Goodness

Sorry you are having this much trouble again.  So glad that you are back home but hoping that they can help you.  Sounds like you have been dealing with many issues and I'm sorry to hear that your tumors are so big.  Just wish they could cut them out.  You are always thought of and just wishing the best for you.  You have struggled so far and want to see you in the fighting mode.  Please know that I'm praying for you.

Kim

• Yolllmbs
    Yolllmbs Member Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You're an amazing warrior

You've certainly been in tough situations and battled your way out. i have appreciated your input on this forum. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yolanda

• Trapbear
    Trapbear Member Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oh Winter.  So sorry to read

Oh Winter.  So sorry to read this. I am happy they got your pain under control. You are in my thoughts. 

Big hugs

Bill

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yuck

Winter,

So very sorry to hear of your trails of late.  Very glad that the pain is being controlled at least.

Try to keep us updated,

Art

• lilacbrroller
    lilacbrroller Member Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ugh!

Hi - hope you can manage the pain alright.  Good news - you can eat anything you want!

atb

Karin

• Dyanclark
    Dyanclark Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Miss you posts

We missed your posts so sorry you are so sick.  

Hugs George & Diane

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Dear Winter Marie,
    I didn't

Dear Winter Marie,

I didn't realize that you were in you in the hospital, but I'm glad that you're out now and without pain.  I know how tiring it can be to be in constant pain, so I'm thankful that you've had some relief.  Have you tired Boost with protein for the extra calories?  My mom likes the vanilla flavor, so I often add bananas and strawberries to it in the blender for a more tasty drink.

All my best,

Cyn

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Dear Winter Marie,
    I didn't

Dear Winter Marie,

I didn't realize that you were in you in the hospital, but I'm glad that you're out now and without pain.  I know how tiring it can be to be in constant pain, so I'm thankful that you've had some relief.  Have you tired Boost with protein for the extra calories?  My mom likes the vanilla flavor, so I often add bananas and strawberries to it in the blender for a more tasty drink.

All my best,

Cyn

Winter Marie,
    You can't seem

Winter Marie,

You can't seem to get a break. So sorry.  Hopefully, the pain relief will continue. i've missed your wisdom but be assured of my prayer for a treatment plan that works and continued pain relief.

Know that you are in our hearts.

CM

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Marie:

I am sorry for the difficulties you are facing and the pain you have experienced.   I think of you so very often and remember how kind you were to me and my George during our  time of need.  Now that they have finally gotten your pain under control may that aspect continue and hopefully chemo will keep things calm.   I am so very sorry things have taken a turn for the worse but my hope is that they can turn things around for you. 

Love and Hugs - Tina  

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    g'day Marie

I am sorry this is happening to you mate. I trully wish a few of the calls would go your way. I have been lucky with pain , my doc stumbled onto a med called Targin. It is oxycodone combined with noloxone which is an opiate antagonist. It is supposed to stop constipation . It doesn't but it does stop you getting high on the oxy. Ive built up to 20mg oxy/10mg noloxone twice a day. It is stopping the pain from stage 3 ankolosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis and because the noloxone is just like naltrexone I seem to be getting the advandage of ldn which has taken all of the pain from my neuropathy. My pain is minor league compared to yours but I certainly know how desperately we seek relief. Hugs mate lets hope the future holds some medical magic for you.. Ron.

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

g'day Marie

I am sorry this is happening to you mate. I trully wish a few of the calls would go your way. I have been lucky with pain , my doc stumbled onto a med called Targin. It is oxycodone combined with noloxone which is an opiate antagonist. It is supposed to stop constipation . It doesn't but it does stop you getting high on the oxy. Ive built up to 20mg oxy/10mg noloxone twice a day. It is stopping the pain from stage 3 ankolosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis and because the noloxone is just like naltrexone I seem to be getting the advandage of ldn which has taken all of the pain from my neuropathy. My pain is minor league compared to yours but I certainly know how desperately we seek relief. Hugs mate lets hope the future holds some medical magic for you.. Ron.

Hi Winter Marie,
    Targiniq ER

Hi Winter Marie,

Targiniq ER was approved by the FDA on 23 July 2014.  As Ron mentioned, it's a new and powerful painkiller, so maybe your doctor will prescribe it to you. He probably doesn't even know that it exists yet, and it would probably be very beneficial in your particular case.

Wishing you pain-free days ahead.

Hugs (())

Cyn

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dearest Winter Marie

Prayers that the chemo does a fantastic job on shrinking those tumors

Lots of love and hugs coming your way.

Marie who loves kitties

• db8ne1
    db8ne1 Member Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pulling for you!

Winter Marie,

I don't post much but do regularly follow the journies of those who post here - and keep all in my daily prayers - especially those experiencing pain, as I know from experience how debilitating that can be.

My heart breaks for your struggles, but know that you are in my daily thoughts and prayers.

All the best,

J

• fatbob2010
    fatbob2010 Member Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Winter Marie

So sorry to hear of your debilitating condition.  As other posters have mentioned new drug(s) being made availalable all the time.  One may be the one that helps with your pain.  

Pain really sucks!!!

My wish is that the Chemo will kick some tumor butte. 

Peace and comfort to you,

Art

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I have said it many times

I have said it many times before and will say it again. You are a real fighter and I admire that. Eat lots of protien in an effort to bulk up. If you remember when I first came here and most of my fight I have eaten a vegetable heavy diet. Well over the past couple of months I have had a lor of stomach issues, and raw vegetables is one of the things that up set it. So now I eat a mostly protien heavy diet since it doest upset me and an effort to keep from loosing wweight.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Hey Winter Marie, Sorry to

Hey Winter Marie, Sorry to hear that's all going on.  What is the plan of action?  

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've been having

I'm sorry you've been having such a rough go of it.  You are badass lady, and I am sending lots of love and prayers and good thoughts your way.  I hope they will stay on top of the pain situation, and that appropriate treatment and miracles will come your way.

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Oh Winter...

I'm just so sorry to read this.  I had no idea that things had taken such a rough turn for you.

I hope that the pain continues to be well managed, and that you can put back on a few pounds now that you are back home.

I wonder if TPN would be a possibility for you?  When I was verging on skeletal, they put on that while in the hospital.  But I don't know if it's an option when at home or not.

Sending lots of healing thoughts your way, dear lady.