Options
2»

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    donfoo said:

kinda late but..

I'm all in with the NED and no worries about the other stuff. As mentioned, if any of the report was of true concern, you would be scheduled for a visit asap. Hope your holiday was not overly anxious. And another big THANKS to Pat who translate the med lingo into words mere mortals understand.

Next time, quit scheduling these tests right before long holidays! Wink

I wish I had as much faith

guys.....I'm still hanging, not knowing what the hell is in that report.  I called the ENT's office today to ask them to have him call me tomorrow (thinking of course that he's not there today since they cancelled my appointment)....well, lo if "plans didn't change" and he WAS in today.  It's after 6:00 pm, so I don't think he's going to call today.....I just want to hear the laymans terms for all the gobblygoop terminology from him.  I want to know if this ear thing is from the cysts in the salivary gland, or is the tingling caused from the calcium at the base of my skull (I honestly don't remember if that's what she said about the base of my skull).

Hubby said "lets just go up there, take our books and wait till they take you in".....maybe I'll just do that! 

For all I know nobody has read this report except the girl who called me last Thursday night, so maybe nobody knows if there's anything important in it?  I like my ENT, but have never been overly impressed with the organization in the office.....I had to fight like hell to get an appointment sooner than two months after HE told me I had cancer by phone call.....I know they're busy, and the girls who do the phones are supposed to filter calls, but the ones up there are more like barracades.

Ok, I've vented now.....just frustrated, and tired being on the hook....when a simple phone call from somebody in the know would help so much.

Sorry I sound like such a b*tch.....it isn't my norm.

p

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

guys.....I'm still hanging, not knowing what the hell is in that report.  I called the ENT's office today to ask them to have him call me tomorrow (thinking of course that he's not there today since they cancelled my appointment)....well, lo if "plans didn't change" and he WAS in today.  It's after 6:00 pm, so I don't think he's going to call today.....I just want to hear the laymans terms for all the gobblygoop terminology from him.  I want to know if this ear thing is from the cysts in the salivary gland, or is the tingling caused from the calcium at the base of my skull (I honestly don't remember if that's what she said about the base of my skull).

Hubby said "lets just go up there, take our books and wait till they take you in".....maybe I'll just do that! 

For all I know nobody has read this report except the girl who called me last Thursday night, so maybe nobody knows if there's anything important in it?  I like my ENT, but have never been overly impressed with the organization in the office.....I had to fight like hell to get an appointment sooner than two months after HE told me I had cancer by phone call.....I know they're busy, and the girls who do the phones are supposed to filter calls, but the ones up there are more like barracades.

Ok, I've vented now.....just frustrated, and tired being on the hook....when a simple phone call from somebody in the know would help so much.

p

oh, P, i wish this wasn't so

oh, P, i wish this wasn't so hard on you but i definitely understand.  I'm praying they call you back tomorrow.  If docs only understood what we go thru after having cancer :0(  hang in the P!

God bless you,

dj

• boardwalkgirl
    boardwalkgirl Member Posts: 269
    Options

p

DON'T APOLOGIZE

You have no need to apologize! These doctors should know how stressful it is for the patient to wait on answers. I have been very lucky with my radiation oncologist and medical oncologist, I usually see the day after my scans for the results. My ENT on the other hand took over a week to call me with my results of the ultrasound this last time. I just don't get why they don't see how much the waiting is torture.  Vent anytime! That is what we are here for!

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

p

Hi P

I understand where you are and how you feel not knowing. I am a man of Faith and to me I can put it into Gods hand and walk away but not everyone can do that. Do what your Husband said, go there and refused to leave until someone who you know can give you the answer to your question. Remember the Doctor works for you, you are paying him to do what he does for you, it’s time for him to pay-up as the stress you are having is not good for you.

Tim Hondo

• phrannie51
    Options
    Finally!! A call back

My ENT doesn't see anything troubling in the scan....my right mastoid bone is thickened.....probably from rads.  He's going to do a pressure test on my middle ear the next time I'm in (on the 22nd).  Anybody had this done?   

He did say he had been "a little worried" about a recurrance because of my ear, even tho he couldn't see anything visually.  Glad he didn't say anything then....and he could have skipped telling me that now. 

p

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Finally!! A call back

My ENT doesn't see anything troubling in the scan....my right mastoid bone is thickened.....probably from rads.  He's going to do a pressure test on my middle ear the next time I'm in (on the 22nd).  Anybody had this done?   

He did say he had been "a little worried" about a recurrance because of my ear, even tho he couldn't see anything visually.  Glad he didn't say anything then....and he could have skipped telling me that now. 

p

It's a NED then!

Wonderful news :-) No, haven't had a pressure test on my ear. Recently lost some hearing in my left ear but that is the side with cellulitus so am hoping that's all it is. So happy you had some good news come down the pipeline!

God Bless,

Candi

• debbiejeanne
    Options

Finally!! A call back

p

P, so glad you got the call

P, so glad you got the call back and all is well.  the torture we go thru waiting is unbelieveable!  now you can take a deep breath and calm down.  do something nice for yourself, you deserve it.

God bless you,

dj

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    hwt said:

It's a NED then!

Wonderful news :-) No, haven't had a pressure test on my ear. Recently lost some hearing in my left ear but that is the side with cellulitus so am hoping that's all it is. So happy you had some good news come down the pipeline!

God Bless,

Candi

Pressure test

I had a pressure test in my right ear. I had lost most of my hearing. My left ear was OK but didn't register in the right. I was told I probably had fluid in my inner ear causing it. It did crackle sometimes like liquid. They said it was rad damage. It has improved a bit, I hold my nose and blow till my ears click. I was a SCUBA diver and used to get water in my inner ear it feels like that. I sometimes for no reason suddenly get a pain and earache then it goes again. now I put anything strange happening to my body as "those damn rads".

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Why do they have someone call

Why do they have someone call with the results who can't answer your questions? Definately have the doc call. Praying it is something easily taken care of.

Debbie

• phrannie51
    Options
    jim and i said:

Why do they have someone call

Why do they have someone call with the results who can't answer your questions? Definately have the doc call. Praying it is something easily taken care of.

Debbie

I was thinking that

same thing on Thurs. night, Debbie.....why in gawds name have the office girl call especially with that big "however" looming in the report.  I'm going to take this report....NED for NCP regardless of the however, and run with it.  I've had enough stress in the last 6 weeks.

p

• Crazymom
    Crazymom Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    NEd

Congratulations on the NED.  I had some cyst/calcium thing in my thyroid about a year ago.  They did additional testing and said there is no problem.  It has not grown over the last year and appers to not be a problem.  Hang in there.....

• mjc2295
    mjc2295 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi phrannie, I apologize for

Hi phrannie, I apologize for my ingnorance but what is NED???

• debbiejeanne
    Options
    mjc2295 said:

Hi phrannie, I apologize for

Hi phrannie, I apologize for my ingnorance but what is NED???

mjc, that's not ignorance,

mjc, that's not ignorance, just a new acrynom.  No Evidence of Disease.

dj

• Goyca
    Goyca Member Posts: 220
    Options
    ned :)

Phrannie u r such a lovely lady and I'm sooooo happy to hear u got NED... I think u need a break so enjoy ur time now and hopefully ur appointment on 22nd will go well.

sending u hugssss :)

goyca.

• mjc2295
    mjc2295 Member Posts: 6
    Options

mjc, that's not ignorance,

mjc, that's not ignorance, just a new acrynom.  No Evidence of Disease.

dj

thank you debbiejeanne!!!!!

thank you debbiejeanne!!!!!

• Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options

Finally!! A call back

p

Glad for the NED

Hi Phrannie:

Just now getting around to reading all this you've been going thru!  But thrilled about the NED and will be keeping you in prayer as always with pressure test coming up.  I know how you can question every little thing, believe me I know, hence the nickname Basketcase Charlie gave me!  But over all sounds really good especially the NED.  Keep us posted and God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)