ROLL CALL 2014

Options

Comments

• traceyd1
    traceyd1 Member Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Husband is still here!

Husband was diagnosed with mandibular sarcoma in Nov. '12.  Had 20 rad. treatments, partial mandibulectomy and neck dissection with fibula free flap.  Had surgery in Dec. 13 to place dental implant posts.  Last scan showed a small nodule in lungs that we will watch and scan further in March.  Even though I rarely post, I watch the boards daily and pray for you all often.

• CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    I'm checking in
    and doing quite well. Thanks to all.

Larry
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Still hanging out

Fisrpotpe, Champaign, Illinois, joined forum August 2010, enrolled December 29, 2010. Dx’ed SCC 5 golf sized node around carotid on January 19, 1996, radionercrosis of pharynx in July 11, 2008, SCC back of tongue on February 5, 2009, broked neck March 5, 2006 in accident. Checked in January 4, 2012. Had 4 teeth removed, 4 checkups and continued NED. Update as of 1-15-2014, the year 2013 was not all that fun.... teeth are really bad, a couple i had removed 3-4 years ago have now lead to necrosis of the mandible. soon to be 18 years on the 19th. 

• Netracer61
    Netracer61 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Still fighting

Just a few months out from round five of ENB but I am still here.

• catluver96
    catluver96 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    roll call

Diagnosed July 2012. Tongue cancer stage 3. Radical neck dissection. 1/3 of tongue removed. Skin graft from thigh for side of tongue. Chemo (Cisplatin) and 33 rads started October 1, 2012 finished November 15, 2012.

Doing well. Eating good, have most of taste back. Read forum often. Best wishes to all.

Vicki

• Sunshine60
    Sunshine60 Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Checking in from Kentucky

Checking in for husband-SCC, unknown primary, 1 lymph node involvement ( 4.3cm) dx in February 2013- 33 radiation tx, neck dissection, removal of tonsils. Almost 1 year out, clear CAT scan, so far NED!  

• ekdennie
    ekdennie Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    checking in

I am still doing great!  I had a couple of scary moments and had to undergo extra tests, but everything appears to be fine!  no sign of regrowth and I am working with my new normal.  

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    SASH said:

SASH still here

Originally joined November 1999 as MonsterM.  Then retired that account and then rejoined as SASH.  I licked Stage 4 tongue cancer.  Simultaneous radiation and chemo then surgery.

MonsterMash...

He does the Mash, the MonsterMash... Foot in Mouth

• D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Still alive and kicking

Still hanging in there.  It will be four years from end of treatment in May of 2014.  No snot, spit, tears; impaired taste; still got teeth; starting to have some minor issues with radiation-induced cataracts, and radiation-induced fibrosis in neck muscles and lungs. Still living life to the fullest and trying not to sweat the small stuff.  Damned glad to be here. Damned glad you are all still here as well.

Deb

• D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Hangin in there

Still NED after 4 years, but now have ORN issues.  Radiation, the gift that keep on giving!  Enjoy every day without the dreaded "c".

All the best in 2014 to us all,

Steve

Steve!

So sorry to hear of the ORN issues!  It may come to us all, eventually.  Hang in there!

Deb

• Dazey
    Dazey Member Posts: 91
    Options
    still around

Dazey, checking in.  MSCC unknown primary -  Finished treatment end of October 2009 - 4+ years ago! Very pleased to report I continue with NED.   Have had some interesting late blooming side effects (starting about 9 months ago) no sense of taste or smell; there is occasional swallowing difficulties and have had some dental issues but overall, doing very well and very happy to be able to check in  here each year.   No matter what,it is a blessing to be still here.  Peace to all

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    checking in from Minnesota

Dx'd w/adenoid cystic carcinoma Nov. 2011.  Neck dissection of large saliva gland on right side w/7 lymph nodes taken.  (front of neck-cut made from right to left)    Rads. done Jan. 2012.  Wedge resect of right lung done Dec. 2012.  Pallitive care presently for pain.  Enjoying every single day !  Thank you for doing this !  We all appreciate the effort and enjoy seeing the survivors listed.  And of coarse will always remember those that have passed on.  Bless you !   Katie

• lts
    lts Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Roll Call

Checking in from Michigan. Diangnosed in 2012 right submandibular gland Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Neck disection, 33 rad treatments and one year later doing good. Have check up with CT scan of neck and chest in a week and except good news. Hope all have a good year!

Luke

• Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    lts said:

Roll Call

Checking in from Michigan. Diangnosed in 2012 right submandibular gland Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. Neck disection, 33 rad treatments and one year later doing good. Have check up with CT scan of neck and chest in a week and except good news. Hope all have a good year!

Luke

Greg53

from St. Louis checking in.  Dang near 4 years out and doing great. 

My best to everyone!

Greg

• Skiffin16
    Options
    lts said:

Roll Call

Luke

The Force...

Luke, the Force is still strong within you... I'm confident your scans will be clean and clear...

John

• Skiffin16
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Greg53

from St. Louis checking in.  Dang near 4 years out and doing great. 

My best to everyone!

Greg

Fish N' Brew

Greg man..., time for some fishin and a few brews...

JG

• jthornsbury
    jthornsbury Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Checking In...

All is well in Texas...DX Jan '13 SCC Tonsil T2 2Nb M0...treatment of six weeks radiation at MDA Houston complete April 19 2013...since then all clear scans and side effects improving!

Next scan in March, MD pleased with progress...and we go from there! Blessings to all...

Jon

• Sam999
    Sam999 Member Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Checking In...

All is well in Texas...DX Jan '13 SCC Tonsil T2 2Nb M0...treatment of six weeks radiation at MDA Houston complete April 19 2013...since then all clear scans and side effects improving!

Next scan in March, MD pleased with progress...and we go from there! Blessings to all...

Jon

Checking in

From New Jersey! had tongue cancer stage 1 in 2012, surgery followed by 6 weeks of radiation.

all is well, all tastt returned. Saliva is reduced but not bad. Only small problem is i love spicy food and i cannot yet eat them .

promise to be more active in forum in two years when we will be empty nesters 

happy to be  part of this wonderful community!

sam

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    I'm here!

TracyLynn72 checking in here from NC!  MEC, low grade, stage 2 in lower left mandible.  1/4 of jaw and teeth removed to extract the 4cm tumor (March 2013) Finished 30 rads 06/21/2013 and am deemed "cancer free" as of that date.  Received my partial (fake teeth), PEG removed and learning my new normal each day.  Thankful and blessed!!

• mls351w
    mls351w Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Tardy?...I don't feel tardy.

mls351w, Mark Stevens, Commerce TX. Diagnosed April 2006 stage IV SSC base of tongue. Chemo, radiation, and surgery to remove 5 lymp nodes in neck.

99.9 % full recovery by May, 2007. Going in for yearly check-ups in July and October this year.

"Life's been good to me so far" Joe Walsh