ROLL CALL 2014

Options
1235»

Comments

• Isign4Him
    Isign4Him Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Checking in from Denver Colorado

Dx'd 05.24.12 SCC LT ST4 HPV+ metastasized to nodes on both sides of neck, clinical trial, "scorched earth treatment" 3 rounds of 3 drug cocktail with 96 hour pump infusion  cytoxan, taxol and 5fu followed by 35 days of rads concurrent with chemo cisplatin.Rang the bell on 01/11/13. January 11, 2015 will mark 2 years out 3 times ned. Went from 181 and 12 inch arms to 140 and no muscle, completely destroyed saliva glands , no oral intake for 4.5months everything went through the Mic-Key, 9 days in ICU. 5 bouts with thrush, one bout of shingles 12/17/14 working full time again, both jobs, holding at 158lbs, hair back, water bottle 24/7 taste is around 90%, back to treasure hunting, slotcar racing and scuba diving, no complaints from a guy they said might not survive the treatment let alone the cancer ! God is good and I never doubted it ! It was a win win for me, if the Lord called me home I was good if I got to stay for a little longer that was good too ! And having a great spouse and is a huge asset in this battle .

In Christ, Kevin

• Irishgypsie
    Irishgypsie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Isign4Him said:

Checking in from Denver Colorado

Dx'd 05.24.12 SCC LT ST4 HPV+ metastasized to nodes on both sides of neck, clinical trial, "scorched earth treatment" 3 rounds of 3 drug cocktail with 96 hour pump infusion  cytoxan, taxol and 5fu followed by 35 days of rads concurrent with chemo cisplatin.Rang the bell on 01/11/13. January 11, 2015 will mark 2 years out 3 times ned. Went from 181 and 12 inch arms to 140 and no muscle, completely destroyed saliva glands , no oral intake for 4.5months everything went through the Mic-Key, 9 days in ICU. 5 bouts with thrush, one bout of shingles 12/17/14 working full time again, both jobs, holding at 158lbs, hair back, water bottle 24/7 taste is around 90%, back to treasure hunting, slotcar racing and scuba diving, no complaints from a guy they said might not survive the treatment let alone the cancer ! God is good and I never doubted it ! It was a win win for me, if the Lord called me home I was good if I got to stay for a little longer that was good too ! And having a great spouse and is a huge asset in this battle .

In Christ, Kevin

Present and accounted for! :)

• Bunnymom
    Bunnymom Member Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bunnymom said:

Checking in

BunnyMom

tongue cancer 8/13. Lesion removed 9/13 Clear margins. Lymph nodes removed 10/13 clear. 01/14 one lymph node active removed with submandibular gland. 04/14 one lymph node active removed. 06/8/14 start chemo & rad treatment. 

Send prayers please. 

Thank you 

BunnyMom

BunnyMom checking in

8/13 Tongue cancer Surgery -Clear margins.

9/13 Neck dissection followed. No cancer.

1/14 positive lymph node & submandulnar gland removed.

4/14 lymph node under chin positive & removed

6/14 1positive lymph node. Added to treatment field. Started treatment, 5 days inpatient UCMC, 9 days home. 5 days straight chemo 5FU & Hydrea. 1x day radiation. Total 7 rounds, 35 radiation treatments

9/14 Finished treatment 

10/14 scan NED

12/14 scan NED

16 months since surgery for primary. No reoccurrence in primary. 4 months post treatment. NED. Some diminished saliva, Lymphedema under chin, nerve pain in tongue. Thyroid supplementation.

Hoping for relief from nerve pain but doing well 

• Eversteve
    Eversteve Member Posts: 23
    Options
    A New Check in

Excelent idea. Do you mind if I join the club ?

• ekdennie
    ekdennie Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    checking in 2015

I am still doing great!  I have had some issues with narrowing of my esophagus, but I am doing well...busy enjoying being a mom and wife!