Diet cures cancer

Options
1235»

Comments

• JBBW
    JBBW Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Second Guessing Science

I really wish they would remove this thread or limit the people who can contribute to individuals with cancer or their caretakers.  People who are suffering through chemo and radiation treatments don't need to be sold snake oil or told they their diet caused this problem.  If someone wants to tell us about how their alternative treatment is going - fine.  But there are people commenting here that really shouldn't be.

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    edited August 2017 #83
    Options
    No.  The cure for witchcraft

No.  The cure for witchcraft is not burning witches.  I'm confident the overwhelming majority of people that access this site make maturely considered decisions.  We here are acutely aware of the discomfort that comes with conventional treatment, and we seek it anyway.  The small minority that seek alternative medicine are tragically misinformed, not morally deficient, and I am confident they persuade very few.   The solution is education, which this site is actually rather good at.  

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Did a little research on the

Unfortunately, this will be dismissed as another attempt by the money grubbing medical establishment to supress The Truth.  I struggle with the pessimistic assessment that our generation is more feckless than others, but a degree in history tells me that is probably not so.  One of the great lines in Russian literature is at the end of Solzhenitsyn's August 1914: "Untruth did not begin with us; nor will it end with us".

Did a little research on the China diet, actually the real diet in China.  The Chinese experience far more stomach cancer than the rest of the world, due primarily to their lack of refrigeration.  That forced them to preserve meat via salting and smoking, which seems to be the causal factor for their increased risk.  As that has fallen due to industrialization and rural electrification, other forms of cancer have increased.  Cancer also tends to be a desease of the old.  Chinese dying younger also contributed to skewed results.   All of that is changing rapidly, as is China.  Thus their increased interest in linear accelorators and radiation oncology.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27041954

A search on 'stomach cancer china' will reveal a very different take on what the Chinese actually eat, and the results, authored by researchers in China.

As to the rest of the non-western medicine world, when you are dying of bacterial infection, malaria, dengue fever, malnutrition, HIV, and of other non-cancer infectious diseases, you don't have much risk from deseases of old age.

The west does have its problems.  There tend to be huge spikes in things like lung cancer, which correlate to distribution of free cigarettes to GIs and factory workers during WW I and especially WW II.  That is localized to the US, and US military veterans, European troops and workers didn't get free tobacco, got less lung cancer.  I would like to believe that boomers had more sex than previous generations, leading to our HPV cancers, but I  think humanity is probably consistent across generations in that area.

• Andy.h
    Andy.h Member Posts: 18
    Options

If you are going to attack the China Study, you should at least get your facts straight.  The China Study is based on one of the largest comprehensve studies of human nutrition ever conducted.  The study was conducted in late 70's and early 80's before China became a rich country.  It also addresses and takes into account your misguided points about chronic deseases vs infectious diseases.  You really should take the time to read it. What has happened since?  They've adopted more of a western diet, they are now eating like Americans, lots of meat and dairy.  What is happening now?  They have started to get higher and higher incidences of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer.  

Dr. McDougall explains the change we're seeing in South East Asia since the 1980's:    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIl2LRlLpmg

Whole foods plant based diet is a fast growing movement, hear from the experts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V21Y8Rb-PE&feature=share

Unfortunately, even though the science and evidence is overwhelming, this is not taught in our medical schools.   

Am I suggesting throwing out Western medicine? Of course not, but we shouldn't be ignorant of it's asumptions and flaws and people need to be aware that diet should be part of the treatment.