Diet cures cancer

Options

Comments

• Andy.h
    Andy.h Member Posts: 18
    Options
    SuzJ said:

I have tried to stay out of this but.. I call BS.

I lived healthy, lived on salad, no bad habits, and still the big bad cancer got me!

Its random, when your number is called thats it, you are up to bat.

It's interesting so many have such religious furver about traditional treatment as THE cure for cancer.  Traditional treatment does work but it isn't a panacea.  Let's be clear cancer kills over 500,000 people in the US every year.  This number would be significantly down if traditional treatment was the cure.  These cancer rates are unique to western nations with western diets.  You see as much as 100x less cancer rates in other cultures.  It's not random.

• AnotherSurvivor
    AnotherSurvivor Member Posts: 383 Member
    edited July 2017 #63
    Options
    Andy.h said:

It's interesting so many have such religious furver about traditional treatment as THE cure for cancer.  Traditional treatment does work but it isn't a panacea.  Let's be clear cancer kills over 500,000 people in the US every year.  This number would be significantly down if traditional treatment was the cure.  These cancer rates are unique to western nations with western diets.  You see as much as 100x less cancer rates in other cultures.  It's not random.

Actually, no.  One of the

Actually, no.  One of the sources I found on Thrush treatment after cancer treatment was the Iranian government.  What stuck me most was how similar their experience was to ours.  Iran is militantly non-western.  You seem to have also not followed my link.  China is moving away from diet based cancer treatment as fast as they can buy treatment machines and train radiation oncology staff.  They are aggressively engaged in a national program to make 'western' medicine available in rural China.  I'd also be very suspicious of 3rd world statistics.   The president of China is on-record admitting that he can't rely on his own country's economic data.

You also have absolutely no idea what goes in to the training and residency experience of American doctors.  Oh, they are very aware of your existence.  One of the patients in my cohort at they radiation center had done diet for two years before.  It cost him his vocal cords and much more misery than I faced.  Two other acquaintances died of cancer during my 7 weeks.  One was a chiropractor who pursued 'non-traditional'.  I'm told the end was mercifully quick, but it was in a 'western' care facility, which no doubt is used as a data point for useless statistics on the fatality of 'western' medicine.

But I am curious, why bother with 'western' diagnostic medicine.  Why do you need a CT or PET scan.

You might also read up on the saga of Steven Jobs, Apple CEO.  His famous reality distortion field failed to convince his pancreatic cancer tumor.  He turned a very treatable disease into a case study on homeopathic failure, and he had much better access to alternative medicine resources than you have.  I understand his widow has an investment banker for her new boyfriend.

• caregiver wife
    caregiver wife Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Andy.h said:

the good news is the tide is turning.  Ask your oncologist how much nutrition he took in school.  Ask him/her if he has heard any of these scientific studies

Done with this conversation

I take your comment as argumentative to insulting!!  Again,  YOU prove my point!  I don't need to ask my doctor anything, because I already knew the answers before he was "my oncologist".

MY ONCOLOGIST has been practicing medicine for nearly 40 years, as an internist, hematologist, specializing in oncology.  He STUDIED  nutrition, and interned at M D Anderson in Houston, Texas.  He and his medical group participate in national trials on a regular basis.  One of the associates INVENTED the port-a-cath!!  In, their SPARE time, they administer a DOZEN rural cancer centers in this state AND teach at the school of medicine!

My family has had personal treatment from FOUR doctors in this group.  They are kind, caring, supportive in every aspect!  My oncologist and his wife attended my support group meetings in the evening AFTER work.  Has sat in my hospital room with me in the dark when the IV pain medicine wasn't working.  They opened, run, and financially support the local hospice.  They don't just treat patients with chemo and radiation.  They CARE about the people they are treating.  If they thought they could cure, treat, or prevent any cancer with diet and nutrition, they would be the FIRST to be doing the trials!  Nobody is arguing that nutrition is not an important part of cancer treatment.  It is.  

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

So, in closing, I will repeat myself:

I would encourage all to do their own research.  Please do not depend on a website managed by a person with a degree in mathmathics and accounting to make your cancer treatment decisions!  Who also maintains a website claiming his rejected research disproves Einstein and evolution!  A website ASKING FOR MONEY!!  It makes me mad to think that he, and anyone directing to the same, could be making money by my clicking on his links!!

Enough said!

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
    edited July 2017 #65
    Options
    Andy.h said:

Other Cultures?

such as?

And where do you get religious furvor?

Im done, crawl back in the hole you came out of.

• Andy.h
    edited July 2017 #66
    Options

it's a shame you are not comfortable to ask your oncologists his/her nutrition background.  Curious, I looked up md Anderson medical school nutrition offerings, there wasn't a whole lot, but Interestingly guess what I found? a reference from the American Cancer Institute 

Recommendations for Cancer Prevention

Click Image to Enlarge

These recommendations for cancer prevention are drawn from the WCRF/AICR Second Expert Report. Each recommendation links to more details.

1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
    2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day. Limit sedentary habits.
    3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods.
    4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes such as beans.
    5. Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meats.

hmmm.....

food for thought

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2017 #67
    Options
    Andy.h said:

it's a shame you are not comfortable to ask your oncologists his/her nutrition background.  Curious, I looked up md Anderson medical school nutrition offerings, there wasn't a whole lot, but Interestingly guess what I found? a reference from the American Cancer Institute 

Recommendations for Cancer Prevention

Click Image to Enlarge

These recommendations for cancer prevention are drawn from the WCRF/AICR Second Expert Report. Each recommendation links to more details.

1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
    2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day. Limit sedentary habits.
    3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods.
    4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes such as beans.
    5. Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meats.

hmmm.....

food for thought

What you seem to refuse to

What you seem to refuse to acknowledge is that many people do follow those guidelines AND THEY STILL GET CANCER. I am one of those people. 6', 180 LBS, I box, I workout, I maintain my 2.5 acres, I have a large garden where I grow much of my own food, my life insurance physical was off the charts good, and none of that helped me not get cancer. I didn't get cancer from anything other than exposure to HPV - and even with my healthy lifestyle my body was unable to fight it off.

I doubt anyone on this fourm would not agree that a good diet and excercise may very well have some impact on incidence of cancer. So, to the person who is obese, smokes, drinks alot, etc. -- yes, following the recommendations above might have helped to prevent their cancer.

I personally have no issue with following those guidelines to encrease cancer PREVENTION. 

That said, this is about what you do when you either ignored those guidelines, or in spite of those guidelines, you still have cancer.

Saying that changing your diet or doing any of the other hocus pocus (and not engaging in traditional science based treatment - chemo/radiation/surgery) is going to somehow reverse the cancer to NED is simply ludicruous.

• LiseA
    LiseA Member Posts: 266
    Options

second guessing surgery

Yes, I we were discussing it at the time to forgo the surgery, monitor it while using our limited knowledge holistic treatment. We (my wife) was reading and researching everything she could get her hands on. We couldn't find any studies like me. Non smoker, non-drinker, HPV Neg., in my late 40's, and an overweight vegetarian 5+years. But the information we had was from the doctor surgeon was one sided and he even said he didn't have any infomation on nutrition for us; he couldn't recommend mega doses of Vit.C because it wasn't accepted as the prescribed course of treatment or anything else. He was the expert on surgery.

I had a 6.1cm neck mass up from half that size prior to the biopsy (they poked the sleeping bear). 39 lymph nodes removed and biopsied during surgery until a clean margin the tonsils were the main focus of the cancer removal process was deep in the tissue and even with robotic surgery he couldn't get a clean margin due to blood vessels. All cancer in the lymph nodes was necrotized tissue according to pathology (my body was killing cancer and flushing it town the sewar - lymph system)

Bob

But you had the surgery, so therefore, it removed a lot of the cancerous mass.  Had you not done the surgery, it doesn't mean you would have been okay with diet alone.

My biopsy showed necrotic cells too, but thankfully MD Anderson wasn't about to tell me to go live on a clean diet and see how that goes.  Once they did the neck dissection, and removed 39 lymph nodes, they found one that had already broken loose like an M&M breaking through a shell, and would have likely spread from there.  I had 7 1/2 weeks radiation, but turned down cisplatin.  I never ate junk food in my life, smoked or drank much alcohol.  I was always a healthy eater and exercised, so I continued once I recuperated.  

A patient I met at MDA told me his story.  He had cancer in his sinuses. He spent a year on special diets and alternative supplements.  He even used marijuana, and would rub the marijuana oil on his face daily.  Cancer spread so badly, that he lost his nose and portion of his face!  He was so afraid of conventional treatment.  Now he's worse off and trying to come to terms with the stuff told to him, and the thousands spent on alternative "doctors" and their so called approaches.

i can see a healthy diet being beneficial before treatment, during and after. That's how I did it.  Was back in the gym 3 weeks after radiation, though it was HARD!  I would  never tell anyone to use all the stuff they read about on the internet if they were diagnosed with cancer, or listen to people line Mercola and the videos made by people who claim they healed themselves.

Lastly, my brother in law sent me information my surgery aboit a woman who was healed in Mexico. She flew to Mexico for six months and lived on 25 lbs of fruits and vegetables every day via juicing, meditation and acupuncture.

Well, I delved into her story because I didn't believe that was all of her story.  She should be arrested for spreading false hope and information!  She failed to tell the whole story. What took place was six months of surgery, radiation and chemo!  THEN she went to MX to a place that does these "treatments."  Of course she's a survivor!  Duhhh...she had the most important treatment first!

I am not fond of chemo or radiation. I saw what happened to my family members with cancer. But they didn't take care of themselves after treatment nor did they have good oncologists or even a reputable cancer hospital, so I had to put their story out of my head and just deal with my own and what MDA could do for me.  I'm one year out from treatment and doing well.

• LiseA
    LiseA Member Posts: 266
    Options

second guessing surgery

Yes, I we were discussing it at the time to forgo the surgery, monitor it while using our limited knowledge holistic treatment. We (my wife) was reading and researching everything she could get her hands on. We couldn't find any studies like me. Non smoker, non-drinker, HPV Neg., in my late 40's, and an overweight vegetarian 5+years. But the information we had was from the doctor surgeon was one sided and he even said he didn't have any infomation on nutrition for us; he couldn't recommend mega doses of Vit.C because it wasn't accepted as the prescribed course of treatment or anything else. He was the expert on surgery.

I had a 6.1cm neck mass up from half that size prior to the biopsy (they poked the sleeping bear). 39 lymph nodes removed and biopsied during surgery until a clean margin the tonsils were the main focus of the cancer removal process was deep in the tissue and even with robotic surgery he couldn't get a clean margin due to blood vessels. All cancer in the lymph nodes was necrotized tissue according to pathology (my body was killing cancer and flushing it town the sewar - lymph system)

Bob

But you had the surgery, so therefore, it removed a lot of the cancerous mass.  Had you not done the surgery, it doesn't mean you would have been okay with diet alone.

My biopsy showed necrotic cells too, but thankfully MD Anderson wasn't about to tell me to go live on a clean diet and see how that goes.  Once they did the neck dissection, and removed 39 lymph nodes, they found one that had already broken loose like an M&M breaking through a shell, and would have likely spread from there.  I had 7 1/2 weeks radiation, but turned down cisplatin.  I never ate junk food in my life, smoked or drank much alcohol.  I was always a healthy eater and exercised, so I continued once I recuperated.  

A patient I met at MDA told me his story.  He had cancer in his sinuses. He spent a year on special diets and alternative supplements.  He even used marijuana, and would rub the marijuana oil on his face daily.  Cancer spread so badly, that he lost his nose and portion of his face!  He was so afraid of conventional treatment.  Now he's worse off and trying to come to terms with the stuff told to him, and the thousands spent on alternative "doctors" and their so called approaches.

i can see a healthy diet being beneficial before treatment, during and after. That's how I did it.  Was back in the gym 3 weeks after radiation, though it was HARD!  I

soukd never tell anyone to use all the stuff they read about on he internet if they were diagnosed with cancer, or listen to people line Mercola and the videos made by people who claim they healed themselves.

Lastly, my brother in law sent me information my surgery abo a woman who was healed in Mexico. She flew to Mexico for six months and lived on 25 lbs of fruits and vegetables every day via juicing, meditation and acupuncture.

Well, I delved into her story because I didn't believe that was all of her story.  She should be arrested for spreading false hope and information!  She failed to tell the whole story. What took place was six months of surgery, radiation and chemo!  THEN she went to MX to a place that does these "treatments."  Of course she's a survivor!  Duhhh...she had the most important treatment first!

I am not fond of chemo or radiation. I saw what happened to my family members with cancer. But they didn't take care of themselves after treatment nor did they have good oncologists or even a reputable cancer hospital, so I had to put their story out of my head and just deal with my own and what MDA could do for me.  I'm one year out from treatment and doing well.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    SO INTENSE

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    My 42 year old husband got

My 42 year old husband got tongue cancer. He never smoked. He doesn't drink. He is not overweight. His stats are all great. He even uses a standing desk at work. He doesn't drink sugary drinks either. He loves his veggies! We eat meat free several times a week. He had a physical in the spring of the year he was diagnosed and his doctor told him to keep up the good work in terms of his health. And his cancer was HPV negative too. 

But the big C got him. Why? I have no idea.  He had surgery, chemo, and rads, and is now coming up on two years since diagnosis. He is NED. Would he trust his life to just diet when he was diagnosed? No way. And I forgot to mention, my husband is a PhD scientist too. 

• Andy.h
    edited July 2017 #72
    Options

SuzJ,  the highest death rate's from cancer have the highest intake of animal protein, Netherlands, Denwmark, UK, US, New Zealand, Australia.  The lowest death rates comes from the countries with the lowest intake of animal protein with high consumption of whole plant based foods:  Thailand, El Salvador, Japan, Spain, Philipines.  Note:  This is simply the correlation.  

OKCnative:  there are over 1000 cases published in medical journals of survivors who didn't follow traditional treament after their cancer progression [this is reference from Radical Remission, Dr. Kelly Turner]

Nonetheless, Absolute proof in science is nearly unattainable.  No one is suggesting throwing out traditional treatment, indeed it works, but it isn't a cure all.  Diet has an important impact and should be integrated in the overall treatment plan.  BTW, dairy and eggs are also included in the animal protein correlations.

• OKCnative
    edited August 2017 #73
    Options
    Andy.h said:

SuzJ,  the highest death rate's from cancer have the highest intake of animal protein, Netherlands, Denwmark, UK, US, New Zealand, Australia.  The lowest death rates comes from the countries with the lowest intake of animal protein with high consumption of whole plant based foods:  Thailand, El Salvador, Japan, Spain, Philipines.  Note:  This is simply the correlation.  

OKCnative:  there are over 1000 cases published in medical journals of survivors who didn't follow traditional treament after their cancer progression [this is reference from Radical Remission, Dr. Kelly Turner]

Nonetheless, Absolute proof in science is nearly unattainable.  No one is suggesting throwing out traditional treatment, indeed it works, but it isn't a cure all.  Diet has an important impact and should be integrated in the overall treatment plan.  BTW, dairy and eggs are also included in the animal protein correlations.

The funny thing about stats

The funny thing about stats is that you can make them 'prove' or suggest anything you want them too. Lets say a majority of cancer patients are left handed. Does that mean being left handed is an indicator of future cancer probability? Maybe a statistical majority had blond hair? Does that have any real correlation? I also bet 100% of patients had a mother and a father - holy crap there's another indicator.

So, now you're telling people if they ate meat that's why they got cancer.

Personally I think you're full of crap - and worse than that, you're dangerous -  and I'm done with you. 

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    OKCnative said:

The funny thing about stats

The funny thing about stats is that you can make them 'prove' or suggest anything you want them too. Lets say a majority of cancer patients are left handed. Does that mean being left handed is an indicator of future cancer probability? Maybe a statistical majority had blond hair? Does that have any real correlation? I also bet 100% of patients had a mother and a father - holy crap there's another indicator.

So, now you're telling people if they ate meat that's why they got cancer.

Personally I think you're full of crap - and worse than that, you're dangerous -  and I'm done with you. 

Completely agree. Actually

Completely agree. Actually having studied statistics in graduate school....you can make stats say anything you want them to say. A correlation does not mean a causation.

• AnotherSurvivor
    edited August 2017 #75
    Options
    The big trick is Design of

The big trick is Design of Experiment.  He is referencing casually accumulated numbers and applying them to whatever purpose he wants.  It's why the holistic crowd avoids double-blind head-to-head comparisons.  There's a lot of money to be made if you've never been proven ineffective.  I've been in the rural Philippines, statistical rigor on health care is not a concern, because they barely do health-care.  My son the ER doc does volunteer work in rural Honduras, once a year the people have a staffed clinic.  What they die of in the mean time is undocumented.  

• chalmj
    chalmj Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Diet does help with cancer

I currently have stage 4 head and neck Squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). The standard of care (SOC) is radiation and chemotherapy (Cisplatin). I have not done SOC as radiation in the oral cavity is extremely morbid resulting in permanent destruction of salivary glands, jawbone blood vessels and significant damage to taste buds. 

In Sept 2016 I implemented a ketogenic diet. Since implementing the diet along with a probiotic called Bravo yogurt I am seeing my tumor shrink. I estimate 30% tumor regression since implementing this protocol about a year ago. I use an intraoral camera to take videos of the tumor over time and compare them to previous videos to monitor tumor progression. This monitor shows the largest lumps have clearly gotten smaller but the tumor has not given up any area just lump shrinkage.

I strongly urge cancer patients to become knowledgeable about the ketogenic diet by watching videos on you tube on this subject. As one becomes knowledgeable on this diet they will find it is supported by many doctors (Dr. Thomas N. Seyfried who wrote the book "Cancer as a metabolic disease", Dr. Mercola, Dr. Dominic D'agostino, Dr. Travis Christofferson ...) as an effective adjunct to almost any cancer therapy. How it works is simple, it keeps blood glucose low while cancer cells need high levels of glucose constantly.   

The yogurt is a part of the Swiss Protocol developed in part by Dr. Marco Ruggerio. The protocol includes the ketogenic diet with Bravo and injectable GcMAF. The injectable GcMAF was studied for years by Dr. N. Yamamoto who published several peer reviewed scientific papers on it. Interestingly 4 of these published studies have recently been retracted by a "Retractwatch" organization (most likely government supported) stating there was a problem with the peers who reviewed them? Very strange. Does anyone believe that? Four different papers, four different publishing dates yet all had peer review problems.  My feeling is the only people who would take the time to try to bury GcMAF science would be people afraid that if the science becomes known it would compete with their current revenue stream.

The science studies were associated with injectable GcMAF, not the probiotic. Yet I have read a few probiotic books and it seems clear to me certain probiotic strains are known and well researched as effective ways to modulate the immune system. The question is are probiotics they actually capable of modulating the immune system to see and destroy cancer cells. 

Here is a link to a mouse study where they indicate certain probiotic strains shrank mouse tumors: 

https://news.uchicago.edu/article/2015/11/06/gut-bacteria-can-dramatically-amplify-cancer-immunotherapy

John

• OKCnative
    Options
    chalmj said:

I currently have stage 4 head and neck Squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). The standard of care (SOC) is radiation and chemotherapy (Cisplatin). I have not done SOC as radiation in the oral cavity is extremely morbid resulting in permanent destruction of salivary glands, jawbone blood vessels and significant damage to taste buds. 

In Sept 2016 I implemented a ketogenic diet. Since implementing the diet along with a probiotic called Bravo yogurt I am seeing my tumor shrink. I estimate 30% tumor regression since implementing this protocol about a year ago. I use an intraoral camera to take videos of the tumor over time and compare them to previous videos to monitor tumor progression. This monitor shows the largest lumps have clearly gotten smaller but the tumor has not given up any area just lump shrinkage.

I strongly urge cancer patients to become knowledgeable about the ketogenic diet by watching videos on you tube on this subject. As one becomes knowledgeable on this diet they will find it is supported by many doctors (Dr. Thomas N. Seyfried who wrote the book "Cancer as a metabolic disease", Dr. Mercola, Dr. Dominic D'agostino, Dr. Travis Christofferson ...) as an effective adjunct to almost any cancer therapy. How it works is simple, it keeps blood glucose low while cancer cells need high levels of glucose constantly.   

The yogurt is a part of the Swiss Protocol developed in part by Dr. Marco Ruggerio. The protocol includes the ketogenic diet with Bravo and injectable GcMAF. The injectable GcMAF was studied for years by Dr. N. Yamamoto who published several peer reviewed scientific papers on it. Interestingly 4 of these published studies have recently been retracted by a "Retractwatch" organization (most likely government supported) stating there was a problem with the peers who reviewed them? Very strange. Does anyone believe that? Four different papers, four different publishing dates yet all had peer review problems.  My feeling is the only people who would take the time to try to bury GcMAF science would be people afraid that if the science becomes known it would compete with their current revenue stream.

The science studies were associated with injectable GcMAF, not the probiotic. Yet I have read a few probiotic books and it seems clear to me certain probiotic strains are known and well researched as effective ways to modulate the immune system. The question is are probiotics they actually capable of modulating the immune system to see and destroy cancer cells. 

Here is a link to a mouse study where they indicate certain probiotic strains shrank mouse tumors: 

https://news.uchicago.edu/article/2015/11/06/gut-bacteria-can-dramatically-amplify-cancer-immunotherapy

John

Well, if my pet mouse ever

Well, if my pet mouse ever has SCC then I'll know what to do. 

Otherwise, DANGER DANGER DANGER Will Robinson!

• AnotherSurvivor
    Options
    In the mean time the cancer

In the mean time the cancer cells are migrating into your lymph nodes and remote organs.  Other, actually trained, medical specialists have studied this quite in depth and they are very sure on the progression.  The end tends to be messy.  My end, due to my 'morbid' radiation and chemo, probably involves a BMW dual sport motorcycle several years from now, the Rawhyde school has a round-the-world trip periodically and being treated has temporarily reduced my stupid activities quota, I'll have to compensate for that in future years ("no fool like an old fool").   You have probably managed to turn very treatable Stage II-III SCC into Stage V. Not many come back from that.  Please ensure that when you die you do not avail yourself of western allopathic medicine as they actually attempt intellectual rigor on that and outlier deaths tend to mess with statistical accuracy.

• Andy.h
    Options

thankyou for sharing your experience and story.  There are many on here who value your research and experience.  Is your tumor in the back of your mouth that you can see it with a intraoral camera?

• corleone
    corleone Member Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2017 #80
    Options
    chalmj said:

John

Hi John

There are some inconsistencies, would you care to explain these?

Under your history you mentioned that you started the ketogenic diet and a probiotic yogurt in September 2016, yet the biopsy was done on August 2012. What happened between Aug 2012 and Sep 2016 (considering that there was no SOC treatment), or it’s just a typo? You also mentioned that after years of research, you feel conventional treatment options are more based on profit for the providers than on treatment efficacy. So if the above was a typo, why have you been studying this for such a long time, even before the diagnosis? In my case, I wasn’t interested to hear “too much” information about specific treatment options before C hit me. Thanks in advance for clarifying that for me.

• Andy.h
    edited August 2017 #81
    Options

You are correct, correlation does not equal causation.  Of course this doesn't mean correlations are useless.  When they are properly interpreted, correlations can be effectively used to study nutrition and health relationships.  The China Study, for example, has over 8,000 statistical significant correlations, and this is of immense value. When so many correlations like this are available, researchers can begin to dentify paterns of relationships between diet, lifestyle, and disease.  Smoking has never been 100% proven to cause lung cancer, but it took 50 years to demonstrate enough scientific evidence to show 99% confidence that it does.