you need a lift.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Sorry
    So sorry you have to do this again. I'll keep you in my prayers, llona.

Hugs
    Pam

Gentle hugs for you today
    Gentle hugs for you today llona!

Sue :)
  • tlmt
    tlmt Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Muschi said:

Thanks Nancy
    Did you also have weight gain while you were on? What about when you were finished with steroids,did you feel ok again? This is so new to me and scary!!!!!
    Hugs back to you,
    Ilona

Ilona U R Awesome!
    Just joined this site due to my Aunt's (Oklahoma) struggles that started as an almost undetectabled breast cancer that was caught super early & removed, chemo. Then about 6 months later during a routine chest xray they found a spot on the opposite side lung. Surgery to remove the entire lobe & chemo. 7 months later she started having jaw, tooth type head aches. After getting no where with dentist, she mentioned it to her other docs. MRI got to the bottom of it, surgery went well & she completed whole brain rad every day for 2 weeks. It's been 2 complete weeks since her last treatment & she's still exhausted. I'm reserching & finding that this is normal & hopefully by the 6 week mark she'll be back to active. Her sister (my other auntfrom California) came on a one way plane trip to care for her as long as needed. I'm making a long road trip for the weekend to see them all & enjoy my much loved Aunts. I saw your post about your recent brain finds & read some supports from Nancy & Jennifer, they sure gave me hope for my aunt. She has made me what I am today & I am closer to her than my own mother. I have wonderful expectations for her and YOU now! Thank you so much for your comments on this site so that someone like me could find emotional support, you just never know who you may touch in your life. GOD BLESS YOU & you are in my prayers!
    Tammy in Texas.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Ilona
    I am so sorry you are going throuh more. This sucks, but u can do it. Amazing how much we can endure. Before all of his started, I wondered how people couldnsurvivive so much. Now ai just think that God gave us so many more tools then I ever imagined.

Prayers that you have an easier time going throih his treatment.
    Carol

Sending lots of hope,
    Sending lots of hope, support and cyber hugs!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Ballerina said:

I'm am very sorry you have to go through this
    I am very sorry you have to go through this. I pray you have success with your treatments and that you feel less fearful with the prayers of your pink sisters.

Ballerina

How did today go for you
    How did today go for you llona? I pray better.

Hugs, Lex
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

You are
    on the prayer list.

llona, you've got my
    llona, you've got my prayers, everything is crossed for good luck and I am sending along big hugs.

Diane
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

I totally understand.....
    My last scans also showed 3 small spots on my brain....I was totally asymptomatic....no headaches, no dizziness, no vision changes nothing....so it was a total shock! My oncologist sent me immediately to my rads onc....He stressed these were very small and he and my med onc are 99.9% sure that the radiation would take "care" of them...I had 10 rads treatments....(my third go round of radiation since this nightmare started in '09) I'm also back on chemo...ugh... Not as easy as the first go round in '09.....

Here's what I experienced during these treatments....first they do a simulation like with all radiation....it took about 25-30 minutes....they make a plastic mold of your head..Mine was lime green.....because your head can't move during treatments....this mold was used for every treatment....it is actually "bolted" to the table....it's not as bad as it sounds...although I was really anxious about it....after being lined up, the treatment last less than 5 minutes..
    I just told myself I could do anything for 5 minutes! Also brain rads causes almost overwhelming fatigue! Starts about treatment # 6-7.. Rest up before you start and as much as possible....I was totally wiped out! It's been 6 weeks since I finished and slowly but surely my energy is returning but now I'm coping with chemo fatigue....also due to the massive doses of steroids we have to take, no driving....because of the chance of seizures...I'm still not allowed until June...another tip....careful that you don't developed thrush in your mouth, again due to the steroids...I'm dealing with the third episode of this and it's miserable...alters the taste buds big time...have your rads onc prescribe Nystatin and start using it now!

I hope this has helped....and I wish you the very best...please keep us posted, we care and understand..
    Hugs, Nancy

Be strong and keep fighting.
    Be strong and keep fighting. You will be in my prayers!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Trying times
    Ilona,

this news breaks my heart. I just wanted to say that I
    will be thinking of you and sending you my love. Every
    little bit helps, right (:

Please don't let fear rule you. As hard as it is, try
    to soothe and pamper yourself. And come here anytime
    you need a lift.

Hugs,
    Ayse

You are in my prayers llona
    You are in my prayers llona every day and night.

Love, Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

You are in my prayers llona
    You are in my prayers llona every day and night.

Love, Leeza

I am thinking of you and
    I am thinking of you and sending as much strength and hope to you as I can!

Praying too,

Noel
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

I am so sorry to hear...what
    I am so sorry to hear...what you are going through. I will keep you in my thoughts...

Denise

Llona, I will add you to our
    Llona, I will add you to our prayer list at church.
  • bad121749
    bad121749 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Noel said:

I am thinking of you and
    I am thinking of you and sending as much strength and hope to you as I can!

Praying too,

Noel

One day at a time
    May God give you and extra blessing of strength in this new fight. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us informed on your treatment. Barbara
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Prayers sent your way!
    I'm so sorry for the rough time you're having. I can't even imagine how scared and exhausted you must be. Just know that there are a lot of caring people here with cyber hugs and good energy sent your way to hold you up!

Karen
  • Jobi
    Jobi Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Prayers
    I am sorry to hear of your news. Please know that we are here for you as always. You are in my prayers.

Dorene
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    bad121749 said:

One day at a time
    May God give you and extra blessing of strength in this new fight. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us informed on your treatment. Barbara

Adding you to the prayer
    Adding you to the prayer list at our church llona. I truly believe that prayers work.

Hugs, Angie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Jobi said:

Prayers
    I am sorry to hear of your news. Please know that we are here for you as always. You are in my prayers.

Dorene

How is your treatment going
    How is your treatment going llona and how are you feeling? Worrying about you..

Hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    eihtak said:

Weight gain
    My husband was on steroids for his cancer treatment and did gain about 10lbs ( tho he needed to ). It is true you will probably be advised to ween off them when done, at least thats what he was told to do. Within a week or so of being off them he felt much better, he started loosing the weight he had gained also but in his case has tried to put it back on....must be nice huh? The only other issues he experienced was trouble sleeping, he could never sleep night or day for more than an hour or two at a time so always seemed in a bit of a fog. You are in my thoughts and prayers...better days ahead!

Along with the other pink
    Along with the other pink sisters, I am wondering and worrying about you. Hoping to see you post an update soon.

Hugs, Diane