Options
124»

Comments

• Marty36
    Marty36 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Laralyn said:

I'm a video game designer
    Well, technically I'm more of a manager now, but I still do a lot of design work and it's how I think of myself professionally. :-)

I'm a journalist and lawyer.

I'm a journalist and lawyer.
  • jtl
    jtl Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Laralyn said:

I'm a video game designer
    Well, technically I'm more of a manager now, but I still do a lot of design work and it's how I think of myself professionally. :-)

Hey Larylyn,
    I am encouraged

Hey Larylyn,
    I am encouraged that someone on this board actually works. Well, who am I to say being retired and such but for the working members there sure seems to be a lot of idle time. Someone is watching! :):)
    John
  • Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Yes, we have no bananas!!
    I was a stay-at-home Mom for many years raising my son & daughter.

I am retired from being an office manager/cashier in a small grocery store, in a small village. I loved my job and the people I worked with and all the customers. Every day was a new adventure, office, produce, dairy,deli and bakery, meat, etc,etc.

I now babysit my youngest grandson(4) so my son ( fireman ) and my daughter-in-law ( art teacher) can work...my Daughter ( SAHM ) and my Son-in-law (investment Cpa for large insurance company ) live in the Chicago area with my other two grandsons (6) and (9).

Cancer on my epiglottis slowed me down for about 4 month, but I'm stronger and more determined every day. My surgery was November 2,2011.

My Husband, My Rock is employed by a Company the refurbishes historical buildings..he is younger than me, but, we have been together 27 years, married 17 of those~~~he has held my hand and kept me strong thru his whole ordeal...I am happy!!
  • jtl
    jtl Member Posts: 456
    Options
    Grandmax4 said:

Yes, we have no bananas!!
    I was a stay-at-home Mom for many years raising my son & daughter.

I am retired from being an office manager/cashier in a small grocery store, in a small village. I loved my job and the people I worked with and all the customers. Every day was a new adventure, office, produce, dairy,deli and bakery, meat, etc,etc.

I now babysit my youngest grandson(4) so my son ( fireman ) and my daughter-in-law ( art teacher) can work...my Daughter ( SAHM ) and my Son-in-law (investment Cpa for large insurance company ) live in the Chicago area with my other two grandsons (6) and (9).

Cancer on my epiglottis slowed me down for about 4 month, but I'm stronger and more determined every day. My surgery was November 2,2011.

My Husband, My Rock is employed by a Company the refurbishes historical buildings..he is younger than me, but, we have been together 27 years, married 17 of those~~~he has held my hand and kept me strong thru his whole ordeal...I am happy!!

I actually long for the
    I actually long for the simpler life. I grew up in a smaller town and now in my "golden years" I live in another one. I actually road my scooter to my ENT appointment this morning. Can't do that in a big city. I love historical buildings, as they say "they don't build'em like they used to".
    John
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    jtl said:

I actually long for the
    I actually long for the simpler life. I grew up in a smaller town and now in my "golden years" I live in another one. I actually road my scooter to my ENT appointment this morning. Can't do that in a big city. I love historical buildings, as they say "they don't build'em like they used to".
    John

I'm probably the most boring....
    My most recent ::::

10 years with Hilton Hotels (franchisees) I got all the "poor performing hotels" ....I was not popular with the staff most times :) ...I got to go and "clean up" the hotels that were performing poorly ....

I started out as a Director of Sales for a Hampton Inn in Altamonte Springs (not far from you John) and then I was Regional Director of Sales for 3 hotels in Tallahassee, FL ...then GM of a Jackson MS (downtown) Hampton Inn and then I got to go trouble shoot. Moved my family every 18 - 24 months. (wife was a stay at home mom / wife until I got sick...now she works part time to help out a bit)

Before all I was in management of "big box" type stores example: I worked for a company called Waccamaw. They were 50,000 sq. foot HUGE stores. I got to move to Atlanta and help open up a Waccama in Gwinnett County :)

Now I am living small town life (I think this was to be my sabbatical for a couple of years ...but now we have fallen in love with McCall and I'm not sure what to do...I don't want to leave...but I need the security of a big company...could always go back to Hilton...but soooooo many hours (hope I don't sound lazy).

Now I manage a couple of hotels and an RV Park. The RV Park is right next door to the house we live in .....

Hey ....(now I can't remember the name of the poster)...whoever it was that oversees websites ...you should call me ...I have something to run by you....I have over 100 domain names and what I think is a great idea)

Okay...that's my story ...great idea....love seeing what you all guys do.

I must say ...I love the hospitality business bc I get to meet so many people all the time, and hotel folk love to "eat" ...we eat all the time (though now that is something of an ironic thing..ha).

Tim / Idaho