Mulligan

You sir,
    are a funny man:)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

I'm an exotic dancer....
    Ooops! I confused this with the hobby thread.

Civil/structural engineer. Too old to learn the new-fangled design software, so I manage a group of young-whipper-snappers for a consulting engineering firm. We design bridges and highways throughout the Midwest.

So next time you're driving thru Missouri and you get caught in traffic jam due to a construction project, you'll know who to blame.

Cool post!

Greg

G....
    OK, I know G stands for Greg, but ummmmm, no G-String wearing dudes on my boat, LOL....
  • jtl
    jtl Member Posts: 456
    Options

You sir,
    are a funny man:)

Come on Pat, tell us about
    Come on Pat, tell us about yourself. You have been a source of excellent info.
    John
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    jtl said:

John

First and foremost
    I am a patient with a significant history of recurrent throat cancer. I am also a medical doctor, boarded in OB/GYN with subspecialty training in GYN Oncology. My malignancies, the subsequent treatments and my neverending skirmishes with the correlary issues raised by cancer and its treament have altered my professional life considerably. If that last sentence is cloudy, I'm referring to the insurance industry: health, disability and malpractice. All three have had a lot to say about whether or not I could continue in any productive fashion in my chosen field. Although I still maintain an active license, I haven't done hands on clinical medicine in almost 10 years.

I do some consulting work in medicine for international travel. This logically follows my position in my wife's business. She owns her own full service PR/Marketing firm, where I am chief bean counter and medical officer. we primarily serve large companies that vend to WalMart.

Now that I've told you...... you are getting very sleepy:)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    jtl said:

John

LTS ~ Spook (Undercover Farmer)...
    He's one of those military spooks....(no records of his existance other than some other guys history that has long since passed)....living the life now as an undercover farmer somewhere out west....only knownst to Greg, the fisherman....LOL.

Don't let him tell you about the WalMart thing....

OH, d.a.m.n... too late...

JG
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Attorney
    I am an estate planning/elder law attorney and my husband is an electrical contractor. We also raise cattle.

Doing what I do, I need to tell people to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your planning done. I have seen devastation occur which could easily have been avoided. No matter what you may think of attorneys lol, please at least seek, and pay for if necessary, a consultation with a qualified attorney in your state. There may be issues or options you have not even thought about.

Ok, enough of that. It is nice to learn more about everyone!
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    luv2cut1 said:

Attorney
    I am an estate planning/elder law attorney and my husband is an electrical contractor. We also raise cattle.

Doing what I do, I need to tell people to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your planning done. I have seen devastation occur which could easily have been avoided. No matter what you may think of attorneys lol, please at least seek, and pay for if necessary, a consultation with a qualified attorney in your state. There may be issues or options you have not even thought about.

Ok, enough of that. It is nice to learn more about everyone!

John....
    I'm not a systems dispatcher...way too complicated for me :)...I handle the crews, keep track of the SCADA readings, etc. We also do the night time and weekend dispatching for another Coop in Northern Idaho. I WISH I was indespensible, but I'm not...tho we have great insurance, and I have over 1000 hours of leave, plus the short and long term disability with NRECA. I'm lucky on this, and I know it!

luv2cut1 (gawd, I laughed when you explained what your name was not...LOL)...My dad was an attorney, and have always had my poop in a group on legal matters...kinda grew up having these things pounded into my brain.

p
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options

John....
    I'm not a systems dispatcher...way too complicated for me :)...I handle the crews, keep track of the SCADA readings, etc. We also do the night time and weekend dispatching for another Coop in Northern Idaho. I WISH I was indespensible, but I'm not...tho we have great insurance, and I have over 1000 hours of leave, plus the short and long term disability with NRECA. I'm lucky on this, and I know it!

luv2cut1 (gawd, I laughed when you explained what your name was not...LOL)...My dad was an attorney, and have always had my poop in a group on legal matters...kinda grew up having these things pounded into my brain.

p

Phrannie
    Yes, my screen name has had some entertainment value lol. I didn't even think about it when I first signed up.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry you have to be here but it is a great place. Not sure how I would have made it through without these great people.

Good luck to you.

Myka
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

I'm an exotic dancer....
    Ooops! I confused this with the hobby thread.

Civil/structural engineer. Too old to learn the new-fangled design software, so I manage a group of young-whipper-snappers for a consulting engineering firm. We design bridges and highways throughout the Midwest.

So next time you're driving thru Missouri and you get caught in traffic jam due to a construction project, you'll know who to blame.

Cool post!

Greg

Been on
    I have been on those roads many times Greg, i enjoyed them and had no problems to complain about. nice work.

john
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    Options
    luv2cut1 said:

Phrannie
    Yes, my screen name has had some entertainment value lol. I didn't even think about it when I first signed up.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry you have to be here but it is a great place. Not sure how I would have made it through without these great people.

Good luck to you.

Myka

Work.
    As of this thread being started by the ever so tallented John, it seems like everyone on
    here has a wonderful background of different occupations and work ethics. As you all know
    I have my own Custom Frame and Mat business as stated in earlier posts , but prior to that I
    Was in the Royal Navy (oh yeah, I'm from England and have lived in Florida for 24 years) when I
    Came to the USA I worked for Budweiser as a District Supervisor, all was well for 14 years then we
    Parted company. Travelled around the US doing classic car shows ( Barrett Jackson, Kruise etc.)
    Then settled down in South Florida and started the business I'm in now. My wife has a very
    successful MLM buisness in the health and wellness industry (4life) which is growing worldwide
    Everyday. Our goal is to be financialy free and retire by the time we are 50 ( 4 more years).
    This cancer is just a bunp in the road and a test from God to keep us humble for when we are
    Free to enjoy life.
    God Bless everyone,
    Tonsil Dad
    Dan.
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options

Work.
    As of this thread being started by the ever so tallented John, it seems like everyone on
    here has a wonderful background of different occupations and work ethics. As you all know
    I have my own Custom Frame and Mat business as stated in earlier posts , but prior to that I
    Was in the Royal Navy (oh yeah, I'm from England and have lived in Florida for 24 years) when I
    Came to the USA I worked for Budweiser as a District Supervisor, all was well for 14 years then we
    Parted company. Travelled around the US doing classic car shows ( Barrett Jackson, Kruise etc.)
    Then settled down in South Florida and started the business I'm in now. My wife has a very
    successful MLM buisness in the health and wellness industry (4life) which is growing worldwide
    Everyday. Our goal is to be financialy free and retire by the time we are 50 ( 4 more years).
    This cancer is just a bunp in the road and a test from God to keep us humble for when we are
    Free to enjoy life.
    God Bless everyone,
    Tonsil Dad
    Dan.

Job
    Metalworking factory Inspector, now. Began by working in a Stewart-Warner plant that, among other automotive products, was responsible for making the early car door buzzers we all loved! Have been a set-up and program CNC machines, as well as operator, but since 2002 have been an Inspector, working with CMMs and mics, etc. 57, now, I'm thinking I'm just about ready to be put out to pasture!NOT! We make products for John Deere and Cat, and Case New-Holland, and the metal shredding industry (the kinda shredders they feed cars into). Had hoped they'd recruit me to be the new General Manager of the Chicago Cubs, but reckon my letter to Wrigley musta got lost somewhere on the downward plunge to the north side! Uh-huh.

kcass
  • denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Job
    Metalworking factory Inspector, now. Began by working in a Stewart-Warner plant that, among other automotive products, was responsible for making the early car door buzzers we all loved! Have been a set-up and program CNC machines, as well as operator, but since 2002 have been an Inspector, working with CMMs and mics, etc. 57, now, I'm thinking I'm just about ready to be put out to pasture!NOT! We make products for John Deere and Cat, and Case New-Holland, and the metal shredding industry (the kinda shredders they feed cars into). Had hoped they'd recruit me to be the new General Manager of the Chicago Cubs, but reckon my letter to Wrigley musta got lost somewhere on the downward plunge to the north side! Uh-huh.

kcass

What do I do
    Am retired now, retired a little early in 2005, I am British but live in PA. I retired from a Human Resource Managers job, prior to going into HR I was a musician, still am a musician really, don't go out to play anymore but still love music. I started in the music business back in the early sixties in the UK, did pretty good and then decided to move permanently to the US.
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Job

kcass

A good one
    Kent you would have made a great Cubs manager!

john
  • CLRRN
    CLRRN Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Clinial Trials
    Mike and I both work in the health field.

Mike: monitors clinical research studies

Me: RN/manage clinical trials for pharmaceutical companies.

We work for different companies which are competitors LOL. We are fortunate and work from home-definite a blessing when he was in treatment.
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    CLRRN said:

Clinial Trials
    Mike and I both work in the health field.

Mike: monitors clinical research studies

Me: RN/manage clinical trials for pharmaceutical companies.

We work for different companies which are competitors LOL. We are fortunate and work from home-definite a blessing when he was in treatment.

Educator
    I'm retired after 35 years of being a teacher and Middle School assistant Principal. I now pretty much travel with wife, who is employed by the LSU Health Science Center in New Orleans, and audits/instructs data usage, and provides technical support to all the states and territories. If you live in a state capitol, or Guam...Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands, then I'll probably in your neighborhood again within the next 4 years.
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Do
    I'm an engineering manager for a telephone company in AZ, worked for 28 years for a telco in PA before coming to the wild west in 2000. If my boxer boyz could talk they would tell you my job is to make their lives comfprtable and this house revolves around them, my best and favorite job is being grammie to Bella.

Linda
  • osmotar
    Options
    hislove40 said:

Financial Planning Firm - Rescue Dogs

I work for a financial planning firm by day - rescue dogs nights and weekends for an organization or 2. I consider both to be real jobs - actually, the dogs is my very expensive hobby :)

all
    all my dogs have been rescues...the 2 in my avitar were being sold in a parking lot in from of an office max, I was raised with boxers, my mom was with me the day I got these 2 , we couldn't leave them like that..I hate to think what may have happened to thm had we not taken them...bless you for what you do to help rescue

Linda
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    osmotar said:

Do
    I'm an engineering manager for a telephone company in AZ, worked for 28 years for a telco in PA before coming to the wild west in 2000. If my boxer boyz could talk they would tell you my job is to make their lives comfprtable and this house revolves around them, my best and favorite job is being grammie to Bella.

Linda

Linda...you and I think so much alike....
    The biggest time slot in my day is cut out for my pup...he has so many medical issues, and has had for nearly 4 years...that my world has revolved around him...his needs...mental and physical...When he was diagnosed with Reflex Dyssynergia, the prognosis was in the one range because with constant bladder infections the kidneys eventually fail. He's going on 4 years...has never had one bladder infection :). My husband calls him "our invalid"...I call him "my sweet puppy"...LOL.

p
  • osmotar
    Options

Linda...you and I think so much alike....
    The biggest time slot in my day is cut out for my pup...he has so many medical issues, and has had for nearly 4 years...that my world has revolved around him...his needs...mental and physical...When he was diagnosed with Reflex Dyssynergia, the prognosis was in the one range because with constant bladder infections the kidneys eventually fail. He's going on 4 years...has never had one bladder infection :). My husband calls him "our invalid"...I call him "my sweet puppy"...LOL.

p

Hi
    I understand completeley I had a Briard about 7 years ago, she had stomach issues and couldn't eat a lot of the traditional dog foods with out it coming back both ends, so I baked 10 lbs of potatoes every week and bought her Nura 99% chicken canned food...my admin went home and told her mom that I baked potatoes for my dog and the least she could do for her was bake versus nuke them..LOL